### chapter one and like, the last chapter. ( duh. )

snow halation. badum tss. ( dunno the title i just stole it from an anime lmao )

It was Friday night. The weather's cold and perfect enough for people to have a cuddle party but somehow, Wonwoo ended up working on his supposed to be an off-day.

"Why is tonight so coooold," a co-worker whined before stealing glances at Wonwoo. "We should've declined boss' offer for over time."

Wonwoo let out a sigh as he put away a freshly cleaned cup. "Can't help it," he shrugged. "Jaehyuk hyung is sick while Joo is away on a trip." 

"Talk about making excuses."

Shaking his head rapidly, Wonwoo chuckled at how childish Taemin can be at times. Both of them were supposed to be resting at homes but the manager suddenly called them. Wonwoo tried to remember how he woke up to the ringing of his alarm. He was half-asleep when a hoarse voice was heard over the line. The manager was asking whether if it's okay or not for him to replace Jaehyuk. Without thinking, Wonwoo said yes and now, he's stuck with Taemin inside the cafe. He is fine with it though since he enjoys being a barista but it's a different case for Taemin who had to serve as a waiter. Wonwoo smiled. Taemin was throwing a small tantrum by stomping his feet as he walked to the tables with a piece of cloth in order to clean up the mess made by past customers.

"Come on Taemin. Just put up with it for a few more hours."

Taemin gave no reply. All he did was that he waved his hand mid-air, brushing off Wonwoo's sympathy for him. 

As their hands move to work, Wonwoo looked outside the windowpane and gaped at the amount of snow that was starting to pile up on the road street. "Man. Look outside," he tugged at the hem of Taemin's shirt.

Uninterested, Taemin did as he was told. He squinted his eyes, trying to figure out what Wonwoo wanted him to focus on until he realised the falling snows. "Woah."

"That's weird. Usually there'd be a hired part-timer to do the shovelling job but i guess not tonight," Wonwoo made his comment before going back to work. He continued to wash the dishes and placed them at their righteous places. Unlike many other people, he dislike wasting his time pondering on stuffs that don't matter so he ignored his surrounding to finish his works.

Everything was boring and in order for them before Taemin started making a ruckus over a girl who was stopping by in front of the cafe. It seemed that the girl was waiting for something, or rather someone. Wonwoo bit his bottom lip, unaware of how he was starting to lose focus and got lost in thoughts. Taemin gave Wonwoo some obvious nudges, gesturing him to go and talk to the girl but instead, Wonwoo shot him a glare making Taemin to whimper like an afraid puppy. They were staring at the girl for quite a while before she turned around to face the cafe and matched eyes with Wonwoo, which caused him to fluster. It was someone he knows.

The girl was really beautiful. Not in a celebrity way, but there's just something about her that manages to attract people's attention. Wonwoo scanned her from the bottom to the top. She was wearing a pair of sneakers, converse to be exact, with a onepiece dress. Her hair was wavy and seemed a bit messed up. It was probably the wind. After gaining a bit of courage, Wonwoo decided to ask the girl to come in upon witnessing how the girl was shivering from the cold breeze that hit her. She probably couldn't take it anymore thus decided to go with Wonwoo's suggestion.

"Hi! I'm Taemin!"

Looking rather shy, the girl bobbed her head in a polite manner before introducing herself. "I'm Jiho. Thank you for letting me inside even if it's for a while," she proceeded to make a bow, expressing her indefinite gratitude towards to the two workers.

Wonwoo just tucked his hands inside the pockets of his apron as he looked over the girl. Jiho is not an acquaintance, let alone a friend. She is just someone whom Wonwoo has been having a small crush on since secondary highschool. It's weird though, considering how they've never had a decent conversation. For a smart girl like Jiho, she probably thought that there's no need for her to get involved with someone who's always behind on classes.

"You can take a seat first," Taemin put on his best smile of the day. "We'll come back at you later."

"Ah, thank you!"

Taemin nodded his head firmly when Jiho said her thanks. From behind the counter, the tail of Wonwoo's eyes quietly trail the small figure of Jiho and watches as she chose to sit at the farthest back, where it is quite dark compared to the other spots due to one of the bulbs not functioning properly. Slowly, Jiho took out her phone from the leather sling bag that she has been carrying since earlier on. It seemed that she was having a hard time trying to keep in touch with somebody, judging by the way she kept biting her nails unintentionally and getting frustrated. A frown was formed on her face, making Wonwoo feeling uneasy.

Wonwoo wanted to talk to her. He wanted ask what's wrong but Wonwoo doubt he would be able to hold a conversation without getting awkward once every few minutes. Besides, he doesn't even have any topic to begin with. 

"I pity the girl," Taemin said so suddenly. Wonwoo looked at him straight in the eyes, questioning why. "I mean, she was probably waiting for someone and got stood up or something."

"That's mean!" said Wonwoo, almost shouting. The customers nearby give them a weird look though they remain oblivious to it. "She told me that her phone ran out of battery and that she forgot to bring a wallet with her."

Shrugging both sides of his shoulder, Taemin exhaled a sigh. "Well it's not our problem. so i guess it's fine," he continued. "Though i guess she's probably freezing. Maybe i should treat her to a coffee."

A coffee. That's it. He could make it for her, that's what Wonwoo thought. Quickly, he took out a cup from the cupboard and started preparing everything. Wonwoo debated on what coffees he should prepare. Jiho doesn't live in the neighborhood so she rarely go to the cafe. She only came twice to hangout with her friends but it still rang clear in Wonwoo's head of what she ordered. It was either caramel frappe or caramel macchiato. He has to decide between two. Wonwoo's train of thoughts got interrupted when Taemin went and placed his forearms on the counter, staring intensely at Wonwoo.

Weirded out, he asked, "What is it?"

"Nothing. .. It's just that-" Taemin stopped his question mid sentence which led to Wonwoo looking pissed.

"If you're going to say something, finish it."

"Why do you like her?"

Wonwoo freezes in his spot. "Well," he started to look down and fidget, shifting his weight onto one leg and another. "I just find her adorable."

"That's all?" a scoff escaped through Taemin's lips. 

"But y- yah! How did you know about it?" Wonwoo tried to recall his memories in case he already told Taemin but nothing came up.

A slight smirk creeped on Taemin's face, making Wonwoo's heart burning with curiousity. He was expecting an answer when Taemin actually left him hanging to welcome some new customers once the sound of the shop's bell ring was heard.

It was the last batch of customers which means that they're finally closed for the night. Wonwoo lifted up his head to see Taemin turning over the sign that was hanging on the door, showing everyone from the outside that they're done. There were still some customers who were having an idle chat so they still have to wait for at least an hour before asking everyone to leave. It's one of the policies there. Wonwoo checked the tab to see if there's any order left but none was found which left him some free time to make Jiho's coffee.

The coffee was done. It was well made. The decoration was on point and everything was in Wonwoo's liking. So the only thing left was for him to give it to the specific person. Without any hesitation, Wonwoo stride to where Taemin and Jiho were having a chat. With his shaky self, he managed to place a cup of coffee on the table where Jiho is sitting at. While cocking an eyebrow, Jiho tilted her head to the side slighty, looking clueless. It was as if she was asking 'what is this for' to which Wonwoo replied with, "It's my treat. I want you to stay warm especially in this cold winter."

It was insane. For a moment, Wonwoo was loss at words. Only his hand was moving, gesturing to the snow outside like crazy. On the other hand, Taemin can't help but to stifle his laugh. It was a new scene since he has never seen Wonwoo getting all worked up because of a girl. Whistling, he excused himself to clean the coffee counter. 

"Eh but i don't have the money," a slight hint of red creeped on her cheeks. "I left my wallet at home, remember?"

Frantically, Wonwoo waved his hands, gesturing that it's nothing. "Like i said, it's my treat," he gave Jiho a reassuring smile and nodded his head firmly. 

"Then i guess i have no choice but to drink it," she smiled. "Thank you," again, Jiho felt as if she owed Wonwoo another one. She wrapped both of her palm around the cup, feeling the warmth as she took a sip. "It's tasty," was all she was able to come up with.

"It's vanilla frappe with a hint of cinnamon in it," Wonwoo rubbed his nape awkwardly while explaining. "It's my favorite coffee. I was torn in between two options."

"And you decided to go with this one?"

"I thought it'd be fine with you."

They had a small talk which didn't even took that much of a time until a bunch of gangster looking teenagers barged inside the cafe without blinking an eye, clearly ignoring the sign that stated it had closed. Taemin tried to negotiate them out of it but he got shut down instead. Wonwoo blinked a few times, not knowing what to do. He looked at Jiho who was also lost.

"Oi," the seemingly leader of the group walked towards them. Everything turned silence and the atmosphere around them changed almost immediately. Other customers turned their heads only to witness what were about happen. Wonwoo thought that the guy was targetting him, coming closer than ever, until the peculiar guy decided to continue to walk past him. 

"Took you long enough," Jiho muttered under her breathe.

"Hey, look," the boy was trying hard to force Jiho to look at him, but still she'd rather glue her eyes on the table rather than giving his - maybe - boyfriend the attention he didn't deserve. "Something came up so I had to settle all of them," he continued.

Again, no response was given. He heaved a heavy sigh. "I'm sorry I didn't reply your any of your messages okay?" 

Now he was starting to look like a total douche in Wonwoo's eyes.

"YOU COULD'VE AT LEAST CALL ME, SERIN!" Jiho start to became aggressive. The glare she was shooting was no joke. It could scare even the lions.

"Well  forgive me then," the boy who's called Serin was reaching out his hand, probably in an attempt to Jiho's hair but Jiho was too quick in rejecting that the coffee cup on the table fell over. It was knocked down by accident when Jiho was pushing away Serin's hand.

Everyone was speechless. The sound of shattering glasses echoed inside the cafe and no one dare to even flinch. Only Taemin had the decency to bring a dustpan and its brush over to Wonwoo. 

"Look at the mess you made," Jiho became even madder. She leapt up from her seat, index finger pointing to Wonwoo who was crouching down, cleaning the mess that was done unintentionally.

Wonwoo stole a little glance at the quarrelling pair. With the tension that is arousing, Taemin dialled a number on his phone. Wonwoo wasn't sure who but he guessed that it was their manager. 

As the quarelling worsen, a man gladly came to the rescue. He was wearing a big hooded coat, that made him seemed intimidating from afar but as he approached and pushes the door open, it was only their manager who came to bring the reigning peace back.

"Wonwoo, go home. Taemin have told me everything," Mr song looked a bit too serious. He was even rolling his sleeves. "Let me beat these boys and teach them what manners are all about."

Wonwoo couldn't help but to burst into laughter as he walked out. The imagination of Mr Song beating them to pulps made him chortle. 

"Hey," Jiho followed after him, grabbing the back of his shirt to make Wonwoo turn around." I'm sorry for earlier."

"What are you sorry for? You didn't do anything wrong," he shrugged.

"I mean like, if only they didn't come," a groan came from Jiho.

The horrible grimace that Jiho gave to chase off the boys at some point soon dropped when Wonwoo stepped closer, lifted her chin, and kissed her dry lips. Things were happening to fast that it caught Jiho off guard. Slowly, she brought her cold hands together to hold Wonwoo's burning cheeks and like any other person would do, she kissed him back. It wasn't bad, the feelings. Jiho felt like floating. Her stomach was churning but not in a bad way.

It took them about a minute until Wonwoo pulled away, gasping for slight air. Neither of them moved an inch. Jiho was still frozen in her spot, essentially having her hands on Wonwoo's cheeks before she had the reaction to pull away.

"It's okay," silence. " Um, do you perhaps want to grab some donuts on our way home," Wonwoo asked with a voice that's almost like a whisper.

Nodding, she replied with a smile, "Sure."

"Great!" he said as he put an arm around Jiho's shoulders and started walking, leading the way.

The time flew by fast and for once, even if it wasn't for long, they felt as if the world was theirs.