Black-Letter

Black-Letter

Mingyu was bored—even the word sounded like underestimation regarding on how he felt right now. For what seemed like forever, his eyes had been focused on the clock in front of him with face leaning against the table, yet the clock just moved five dots, five minutes.

“There is still another half an hour before he dismisses me.”

Mingyu groaned, legs kicking the empty air below him as he straighten his posture, preventing himself from falling asleep. Because he couldn’t bear to get caught sleeping in class for the second time of the day and finding himself inside of the detention room for two days straight. He looked at a figure in front of him who tried so hard to stay awake by keep on slapping his cheeks for multiple times before went back to his notes, Jeon Wonwoo.  

“Wonwoo,” he calls the elder quietly, not wanting to draw attention from the whole class.

No response.

“Jeon Wonwoo.”

Still, he got no response.

“Wonwoo Hyung,” he singsonged the elder’s name, now adding ‘hyung’ at the end of his words. Seeing that the said Wonwoo did not even flinch, Mingyu decided to poke his back to distract him a bit. “Won—“

“For Einstein’s sake, Kim Mingyu,” Wonwoo hissed, peeked at Mingyu’s direction. “I will write you a black-letter, if not your name on my death note.”

Just like that, Wonwoo turned his back and continued to focus on the lesson. He sighed as he muttered some curse for his friend-nemy. Wonwoo and Mingyu had known each other since forever, stick together since they could remember, bickering like old couple since they could speak a word.

Black-letter, huh?

An idea popped into the latter’s head as he took a paper from his binder. He looked at the teacher, seemed like he would be fine if he pretended to listen and take some notes, when he actually did not. He did not really hate Korean Literature nor did the mid-aged lady who was standing in front of the class. Mingyu just think that for today, his little project was a bit more interesting than her words.

Black-letter.

Mingyu sure knew what does that mean. A letter full of hatred, nothing seemed so pretty about that. But he would make it pretty for Wonwoo. Plus, it was not hard either for Mingyu to write it. During their times together, he lost of count on how many times did Jeon Wonwoo pissed him off.  He eyed the man in front of him, remembering few things that he would bring up on his letter.

“There are too many,” Mingyu muttered as he found it harder to actually write these things for Wonwoo. Maybe they are right—that some words are better left unspoken, just for your mind’s consumption. He smirked at the elder, even though Wonwoo could not see it, before fold the paper into two pieces.

“You are dismissed.” 

He was safe, at least that was what Mingyu thought as he heard the sound her heels leaving the class and students began to chat around.  Feeling satisfied with his work, he took one last glance at his so called black-letter.

Dear Jeon Wonwoo.

I hate you.

Sincerely,

Kim Mingyu.

“Hey Jeon Wonwoo,” he called the elder as he put the letter on his desk when he passed him. A smirk, the same mischievous smirk, was plastered on Mingyu’s face before he tapped Seungkwan’s shoulder and fooled around with the other boy.

Wonwoo just looked at the letter with blank-face. Sure he said that he would write Mingyu one soon, if the younger would not stop to bother him, but he never expected to really get a letter thirty minutes after he said so. “I thought I am the one who should write it for him first, not the other way around,” he said in confused tone as he stared at the outer part of the paper. “Jeon Wonwoo’s black-letter, he said. Let’s see.”

And confused was an underestimation when Wonwoo only found one ‘I hate you’ on the letter. It was not until he realized that real black-letter was on the downside of the paper, written upside-down by no other than Kim Mingyu. “Do you know that I hate you so much?” He whispered the first sentence of the actual letter.

Do you know that I hate you so much?

1.I hate when you are studying, you are so hard to disturb. Oh god.

2.When you use a sweater, my hand always got ed by your damned sweater-paws. Although I hate your sweater more than I hate you, in this case.

3.I despise it when you called me on weekend, because you always tell me about things I don’t want to hear.

4.I hate you because you are shorter than me. It makes me have this urge to pulls your head on my chest and just stay like that for a long time.

5.When we kissed, you will always pulled away first because your phone always vibrated in the most improper time. Always.

6.I hate it when you fall asleep on my embrace. Because you are really, i repeat, really heavy and you make my heart beats faster.

7.Last but not least, because there are only three minutes left, I hate the fact that we are aware that we stole each other’s heart.

A smile formed on Wonwoo’s face. This brat, he thought. “Yah. Kim Mingyu,” he called the latter, turning Mingyu’s attention away from Seungkwan. Then Wonwoo mouthed, “I hate you too.” On the other hand, Mingyu just let out his usual laugh before grabbing Seungkwan’s shoulder and walked out from the class.

“Oppa!”

A high-pitched voice snapped Wonwoo to reality. He took one last glance to the letter, it seemed like he was unaware of one sentence. Last but not least, because there are only three minutes left, I hate the fact that we are aware that we stole each other’s heart. Yet we can’t do anything about that beside trying to hide. And with one last smile, he put the letter on his pants’ pocket. “Mina-ya,” he called the girl before placing his arm around her waist. “How’s my favorite girl doing?”

Wonwoo and Mingyu had known each other since forever, stick together since they could remember, bickering like old couple since they could speak a word, and aware of each other’s feeling since god knew when yet couldn’t do anything beside keep it secret between the pair. 


So.... yeah. How was it? 

Please do tell me what do you think about it! 

Anyway, I am planning to do another one-shot. Would you like it to be Meanie or just Wonwoo or Mingyu? Because i find them suitable for this idea.

I hope you guys like this one-shot. 

Feel free to drop me a message or mention on twitter (with same username) if you feel like doing some chitchats with me. 

Comments, Subscribes, and Upvotes are definitely appreciated and loved~!