First Meeting

Say What?!

"So what is this festival thing?" Jaebum asked as Leo had given him a piece of paper. It was his first day and already there was a huge festival coming up. "It's basically a celebration since the winter holidays are quickly approaching," Leo explained while he sat down and looked at his papers.

"Are we going to be participating in it?" Jaebum asked while perking up at the idea.

"I don't think so since the festival starts in two days," Leo answered calmly.

"Aw...is there a way that I can participate?" Jaebum wiggled a little bit in his seat before standing up and moving to sit on Leo's desk. Leo looked up at his student as he smiled at him. "Maybe? What kind of talents can you offer?" he asked.

"Um...b boying? I can cook too but I doubt that would be interesting," Jaebum answered as he played with his fingers. Leo raised one eyebrow at what Jaebum said. It was pretty rare to hear that a male could cook and dance in this school. "Really? Can you do anything else?" he asked as he leaned back into his seat. Jaebum crossed his arms and started thinking before something came to mind. "I can sing. Does that count?" he suggested.

"That's cool. I can too," Leo grinned while internally becoming excited at the fact that he could have a singing partner.

"Oh! Then can you help me with vocal practice?" Jaebum asked eagerly. Leo nodded in response as he stood up. "Break starts now so I'm hopeful you'll meet your classmates," he said calmly.

"I hope so too, Leo!" Jaebum exclaimed happily.

WHAM! 

The classroom door was kicked open by the president with his five friends right behind him. Jaebum and Leo turned to look at the strangers. "Are you Jaebum?" the President said casually while moving to sit down on Jaebum's chair while unknowingly sitting on his bag at the same time. Jaebum merely looked at the president before he turned to look at the other five strangers. "Answer me," the president commanded lowly while staring at Jaebum's back. Jaebum turned to look at the president as his lips curled into a smirk. "What's in it for me to answer you?" he retorted. The president raised an eyebrow while his five friends looked at the scene with amused expressions. "Is it that hard to tell me your name?" the president asked while glaring at his five friends out of the corner of his eyes. 

"Is it that hard to move my bag to the side before sitting down?" Jaebum answered as he walked over and grabbed his backpack, pulling it out under from the president before slinging it over his shoulder. The president looked at Jaebum with a slightly surprised expression on his face. His other five friends didn't say anything while watching Jaebum stare at the president. "So what do you people want anyways? Isn't it break time?" Jaebum asked as he turned to look at Leo with a bright smile. The president felt his face quickly darken while staring at Jaebum's back. "It is. Shouldn't we get to know each other, peasant?" he asked unfeelingly.

"Peasant? What are you, a king or something? What era are in you living in?" Jaebum retorted without turning around. 

"Alright. Alright. You two calm down," Leo huffed a little bit "Get to know each other during break. I'm off to get some food. See you later, Jaebum." With that, Leo walked out of the classroom and left Jaebum with the six strangers. "So, Jaebum," one of the five friends spoke up. Jaebum turned to look at that person and smiled. "What's up?" 

"It's nice to meet you. I'm Jinyoung. The one who sat on your bag is Mark," Jinyoung smiled back while internally raving at how bright and sunny Jaebum's smile was.

"Oh really? He doesn't seem very nice," Jaebum stated as he turned to look at Mark.

"That's not very nice to say, peasant," Mark growled while crossing his arms.

"Dude, do you live in the days where there were kings? You need a wake up call," Jaebum snorted while Mark's friends, including Jinyoung laughed loudly.

"Man, hyung. You just got made fun of for the first time," one of the blond haired male's spoke up while snickering.

"Shut up, Jackson," Mark glared daggers at Jackson which made Jackson cower back in fear.

"Jackson? Oh, nice to meet ya. I'm Jaebum. Who are the other three quiet guys?" Jaebum asked and holds his hand out to Jackson. Jackson reached out and held onto Jaebum's hand, shaking it slowly. "Oh man...this guy's hand is really warm..." Jackson thought as he held Jaebum's hand for a little bit. Jaebum and the others looked at Jackson with a slightly confused expression. "Uhm...do you mind letting go of Jaebum's hand, Jackson?" Jinyoung asked as he reached out to knock Jackson in the head with his palm. Jackson let go of Jaebum's hand as he moved to rub the spot that Jinyoung hit. "Owww. Jinyoungie, why are you so mean to me?!" he whined while pouting a little bit. Jaebum started to laugh while reaching out and rubbing the spot that Jackson's hands were covering. "Aww. Poor baby. Let me help," he cooed. Jackson turned slightly red while silently enjoying the affection from Jaebum. Jinyoung had a murderous aura surrounding him while Mark looked slightly amused. "Um...we haven't introduced ourselves yet," a brunette guy said while waving his hand to grab Jaebum's attention. Jaebum turned his head slightly and looked over at the person. "Well. Hey! I'm Jaebum and you are?" he said softly.

"I'm Bambam," the brunette responded while bowing his head poltely.

"I'm Yugyeom," the tall black haired guy said as he smiled.

"I'm Youngjae," the last stranger bowed his head slightly.

"It's nice to meet you all although Mark wasn't really nice to meet," Jaebum said in a sarcastic tone.

"Learn your place," Mark hissed.

"Could have been nicer with the introduction," Jaebum retorted

"Why should I for a low life for you?" Mark asked with a snicker.

"You just met me. You don't know anything about me," Jaebum replied.

"Well, I did find something about you," Mark nodded to Jinyoung.

"So enlighten me and tell me what you learned about me," Jaebum snorted as he took a step towards the door.

"You have no family," Jinyoung answered quietly.

"I do, actually," Jaebum shrugged his shoulders "I'm adopted so what?"

"Do you know you parents' backgrounds?" Jinyoung asked solemnly.

"Whatever they do has no concern for me," Jaebum stated.

"Well you should at least know," Jinyoung insisted. Jaebum turned his head slightly and stared Jinyoung down. "Didn't I just say that it's none of my business with what my adoptive parents did in the past?" he asked in a cold tone.

"Yes but-," Jinyoung was interrupted by Jaebum.

"It isn't any of my business. Either take what I said or shut the hell up," Jaebum's voice became low and murderous and it stunned everyone in the room. With the silence and tension in the air, Jaebum turned and walked out the door. "Well, that wasn't...what we expected," Jackson murmured.

"What a stubborn guy," Jinyoung chuckled softly.

"We all know you love a challenge," Yugyeom snickered while looking over at Mark.

"Me?" Mark asked as he was actually thinking about something.

"Well, you and Jinyoung," Bambam mumbled.

"What challenge are you talking about?" Mark asked while tilting his head slightly in confusion.

"There is no challenge," Jinyoung answered as he reached over and smacked the back of Bambam's head. Bambam whined quietly as he rubbed the back of his head. Jackson and Youngjae laughed at Bambam as Mark snickered in amusement. Bambam tried his best to glare at the three of them. Yugyeom spoke up in a soft voice. "Anyways, what should we do about the new classmate and the festival?" The other five only shrugged their shoulders. "He can't really do much since the festival starts soon," Mark answered.

"I wouldn't be too confident in that answer, Mark-ssi," a firm voice called out. The six kings turned and looked at their teacher who had just walked back in. "What do you mean?" Mark questioned as he narrowed his eyes at Leo. Leo smiled casually while shrugging his shoulders. "It's just a warning," he smirked.

"A warning for what?" Jinyoung tilted his head slightly while looking thoughtfully at Leo.

"Mm...nothing in particular. But let's just say I have an idea," Leo grinned like a sneaky cat. The six kings shuddered slightly since they never saw this side of Leo before. "What idea?" Jackson asked in a meek tone.

"My idea is you six vs. the new classmate. Whoever can get the most sales wins," Leo stated in a firm tone.

"Well...uh...," the six kings started to stutter. Mark bit down on his bottom lip as he felt grateful that he had a chance to prove that he was better than Jaebum. Jackson felt his cheeks reddened since they might be able to see the Jaebum again. Jinyoung was internally hoping that he and Jaebum could be friends or something even closer. Bambam was excited since he saw Jaebum's clothes and immediately thought that he had good fashion sense. Yugyeom wiggled in excitement since he figured that Jaebum might be good at dancing with how fit his body was. Youngjae rose an eye since it seems that he have found an interesting toy...excuse me, an interesting person that he do a duet with. Leo watched the reactions of each king and snickered to himself. "Boy, aren't they in for a surprise." he thought as he turned to leave the classroom and look for Jaebum. 

"WAIT!" Leo turned slightly to look at the six kings who shouted his name. "What is it?" he asked while stepping towards the classroom door.

"How is he in the festival?" Mark asked with a quizzical look.

"Isn't it too late to join the festival?" Yugyeom added.

"Are you sure you want to do six vs one for sales?" Jackson smirked, already imagining what he would make Jaebum do since he would lose easily.

"What is he planning to do for the festival?" Bambam was really curious since Leo didn't mention what kind of performance Jaebum was doing.

"What did you do to get him into the festival?!" Jinyoung almost shouted. 

"Can he even beat us?" Youngjae snickered quietly.

"I don't think I should answer just yet," Leo looked at the six kings with a knowing smirk before walking out of the classroom, leaving the six kings wondering and slightly bewildered.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaebum walked towards the school's basketball courts with a slight sigh. He didn't dislike this school but already his first day was proving to be a headache. He didn't like his classmates, the 'kings', seemed like jerks to him. As he approached the courts, Leo was walking down the stairs. He grabbed a basketball from a bin and tossed it to Jaebum's back. It bounced off Jaebum's back rather loudly. Startled, Jaebum turned slightly to look and smiled when he saw Leo. "Hey, teacher! What's up?" he waved. 

"Not much. Wanna shoot some baskets?" Leo waved back as he grinned.

"Sure! Hey...is that Binnie behind you?" Jaebum pointed behind Leo. Leo turned slowly and looked up to see Hongbin walking down the stairs behind him. Hongbin merely smiled and waved at Jaebum before snickering at Leo. "Well, I didn't know my big brother has already taken a liking to you, Jaebum," Hongbin chuckled while walking past Leo on the stairs.

"Did he? He's a really great teacher despite having to deal with my classmates," Jaebum nodded with a big smile. Leo had to turn away so Jaebum and Hongbin couldn't see the slight embarrassment on his face. "Is that so? I'm glad you're enjoying the school though. Now...," Hongbin picked up the basketball Leo threw and dribbled it "Let's play before break is over!" He took off to the courts while Jaebum turned his head slightly to Leo. "C'mon, teacher! I bet you're really good at this!" he shouted before following Hongbin. Leo turned slightly and smiled fondly as he ran down the stairs and after Jaebum and his clueless younger brother.

------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Hey there. I hope y'all like the second chapter! Enjoy and commment!