One

Rain Sound

Playlist

Raining in Paris - The Maine

Rain Sound - B.A.P.

Window - G-Dragon

Moonlight Sonata - Ludwig van Beethoven

 

Days like these Chanyeol finds himself lost in his own train of thoughts. He stares at the pouring rain slowly covering Seoul City. He cradles his cup of chamomile tea in one hand and the remote control in the other. The buzz of the TV is not acting as a good enough distraction from the downpour.

Then Baekhyun enters the room. His aura is sullen and heavy. Their eyes meet. The temperature rises. It starts from Chanyeol’s feet and make its way to the roots of his newly dyed hair –ash grey.

An invisible rope pulls Baekhyun to Chanyeol. His droopy eyes not separating from Chanyeol’s large ones. Baekhyun sits at one end of the couch. He plops his head on Chanyeol’s lap and steals the cover that was perched on Chanyeol’s long legs.

“ ’M cold.” Baekhyun murmurs. Chanyeol places his cup on a coaster on the coffee table and adjusts his body. He learned the hard way why coasters are important. Now Baekhyun doesn’t give him deathly glares. He shuts off the television. Someone much more important needs his attention and care.

Chanyeol places his hand on Baekhyun’s shoulder and tries to rub heat on it. “Do you want me to turn up the heater?

No… too expensive.” Baekhyun closes his eyes. Neither of them moves. Only breathing is audible inside the shared apartment, aside from the heavy downpour outside. Chanyeol drags Baekhyun’s pliant body and aligns it with his own. This way Baekhyun’s head is on his chest. His brown hair tickling his chin and making him feel drowsy. This way Baekhyun’s body is on his side. Their feet find each other as oppsoite poles of a magnet do and are now tangled together under the heavy blanket. He caresses Baekhyun’s head and circles his other arm on the shorter’s torso. Baekhyun snuggles closer. Deeper into the warmth. His warmth. Chanyeol hears him sniffle from against his chest. A small frown etched its way on Chanyeol’s mouth. The idea of sickness in their home is not welcome. He wraps his body around Baekhyun. All he wants to do is protect him from danger. He closes around Baekhyun but makes sure the other can still breathe. He closes in until their attached head to neck, chest to chest, and hip to hip.

Until distance doesn’t exist between them. Until they’re sharing body heat. Until their hearts started to beat at the same time. Until their breathes are synchronised. The loud pitter-patter of the rain lull them both to rest.

It’s moments like these Chanyeol finds himself lost in his own train of thoughts. He buries his nose on top of Baekhyun’s apple-scented ones and inhales. He doesn’t mind the thunder and lightning crackling on their window. Painting the sky with melancholic greyness and angry electric blue. He doesn’t mind it at all. He doesn’t care for the cold rain when he has warmth. He doesn’t mind the way his heart is beating erratically. He should be used to this by now. Yet every single time he feels Baekhyun against him he loses control over his body. His body’s weakness is a brown-haired baby-faced male who likes to sing off-tunely to pop music and steal his food when he thinks no one’s looking but adores dogs as much as he does.

Chanyeol thinks he should just really adjust the heater.