story

a little more us

A good friend will bail you out of prison.
A best friend will be sitting in the cell with you saying 'Man, what a night!'

  Alchohol helps. No matter what other people said, alchohol helps. It blurs the line of logic, the line of time, but most important of all it blurs the line of reality. It makes her forget everything - even just for a minute. Instead of facing the tensed atmosphere, the forced laughter, Yuri found herself surrounded by bright lights and loud music. She was moving, swaying, swinging maybe, but who cares? Anything was better than curling up in her stuffy room.

  She was flying, she was free.

  At least she was, the next thing she knew someone was hanging off of her. Something was holding on to her, first lightly then tighter and tighter that Yuri could feel herself being weighed down. It wasn't long before she found herself flying again but only briefly and something hit her hard making her see red for a moment. She didn't remember much, only someone trying to tear and scratch at her. She was never one to back down from a fight.

  She didn't remember much after that, but the feel of cold air suddenly blasting air and a familiar laugh next to her.

  When she finally came to, she was lying on a cold metal surface, and her head was pounding so loud. Just sitting up, she felt like throwing up.

  "Hey, you're finally up," came a voice so familiar Yuri wanted to throw up. "That was some night, wasn't it."

  Yuri groaned and turned to see Sunny's face slowly coming to view. The other was smiling at her, making her eyes disappear that Yuri felt like throwing up.

  She slapped her hand over , wide eyed and quickly stagger to the metal bowl to empty the contents of her stomach. Just by the wrenching sound, Sunny's face contorted into one of disgust. A wave of pity washed over her, as she watched the brunette. When Yuri finally slumped away, looking her way, Sunny offered her a gentle smile.

  Taking a big gulp of fresh air, Yuri asked, "What happened last night?"

  "You ran off, so I followed," Sunny told her, as if it wasn't a big deal. "We got a fight with a couple es but don't worry, they got it worse than we did. That'll teach them to mess with Girls Generation."

  Yuri looked at her, as if she was crazy, "What?"

  Sunny wasn't given a chance to explain even more, when the jail bars were slid aside by the officer looking out for them. Apparently, it was time for them to leave. Sunny stood on her feet immediately, eager to leave the cell. She helped Yuri to her feet, letting the other lean on her at times as they walked out to get their personal items.

  Out front, both their leader and one of their senior-slash-best-friend was waiting for the. Taeyeon looked extremely worried while Heechul looked extremely diappointed. Sunny and Taeyeon hugged, leaving Yuri to try and calm the pounding in her head.

  "Yah, what did you guys do?" Heechul asked, giving Yuri a bottle of water which she took gratefully. "You're lucky your managers don't know anything."

  "Where did you two go?" Taeyeon asked, sounding like she nearly lost it. Maybe she did.

  "Would you two shut up?" Yuri hissed, nursing her head. "Why are you so loud?"

  Taking pity on the other, Sunny gently told the others, "Let's talk in the car."

  There was no doubt the news will get out seeing as how the police and guards were looking at them. They were just grateful there was no one outside waiting for them. Though undoubtedly, news will go out about Yuri and Sunny not only being spotted but also getting caught in the middle of a fight in a bar late at night. Yuri could already see the headlines. She could hear the lectures they were going to get. Just thinking about it only made her head pound harder.

  Sunny reached out to Yuri comfortingly, by squeezing her shoulders and letting Yuri lean on her later in the car.

A good friend tells you that she knows how you feel.
A best friend just sits down and cries with you.

  "You're not the only one who missed her."

  Yuri groaned and turned away from the light emiting from outside the room. She had turned off the lights in her room and shut her curtain for a reason. A reason that a certain Lee Soon Kyu does not seemed to understand. Instead the other had left the door open, and decided to settle on Yuri's bed.

  "Go away," Yuri told her, voice half muffled. Her eyes stayed shut, a way for her to block out the reality surrounding her. The reality that she has been sleeping alone in a room meant for two.

  "No, if you're not talking then I will," Sunny said, stubbornly crossing her arms. "You're not the only one who lost a close friend. Jessica was our friend as well. We've been together for over a decade, do you really think it's easy on all of us? Did you think it was easy for me? Did you think I planned to out Jessica like that? We needed SNSD as a group, but Jessica was too focused on her clothing line. She missed practise and rehersals, expecting us to simply fill her in later. Even then, she wasn't supposed to be let go. She was supposed to be on hiatus, but the company-"

  By then, Sunny's voice was shaking and she was holding herself back from crying despite the tears that had rolled down, "You're not the only one who missed her. miss her. We all do. When we reherse now without her, with the dance formation changed and anyone of us having to fill in for her. It's hard. For all of us."

  Yuri sat up. Her brown locks a mess and her eyes red and puffy from all the crying. She can't help but glare at the uninvited guest on her bed. How dare she come into her room and act like she understood? Like they all were going through the same thing.

  "You don't get it," Yuri told her, angrily. "You weren't there when she got back. When Jessica came back. The look in her eyes. She didn't look at you while the manager was talking."

  Sunny didn't say a word, staying quiet as Yuri went on talking quietly, "She looked so betrayed. Like she couldn't believe it. She didn't cry. She didn't want to, not in front of me. Not in front of anyone. She just packed her things, and left. She didn't even acknowledge me in the room. She acted like I didn't even exist."

  Sunny sighed, leaning on Yuri's shoulder, "She's acting like non of us existed."

  "She was my best friend," Yuri said, burying her face in her hands. "And now she's gone. We don't even text each other anymore. Jessica used to message me every night, whining and telling me about every little thing on her day. Now, she's not even around to tell me about some video she found online."

  "You two were pretty close," Sunny said, rubbing circles on the other's back. "We were all close, maybe she was closer to you but we were all still close."

  Sunny sniffed, smiling as she remininced, "Do you remember how she used to make dolphin sounds whenever she's scared? Once we watched that horror movie, she won't stop screaming."

  Yuri laughed, wiping away her tears, "Tiffany kept hitting her to make her shut up."

  It was just for a moment, but something in the room shifted. Yuri sighed deeply, with Sunny leaning on her shoulders. She shut her eyes, blocking out the harsh reality that she had lost her best friend. The head on the shoulder only reminded her there was at least one more with her then.

***

1338 words of SunRi for CaptSunRiser

you can shoot me a request of your own here.