Final

Sweet Cont(r)act
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was at first sight that Saejin determined he was the kind of guy she would give a second look and then maybe sneak a picture on her phone so she could show it to people.

It took maybe one interaction to conclude that maybe he wasn’t worth the attention and hype (but of course, she was just lying to herself).

Hongbin was his name and he was in her philosophy class. She had never spoken to him ever but since she always had a habit of sitting in the back which gave her a lot of room to observe, it didn’t take long for her eyes to be naturally drawn towards him the day he walked into the same class as hers.

He was a smart , she noted, always asking questions to the professor even though they had already moved on to the next topic. In turn, their minutes would be washed away as an argument would rise between the two.

It was entertaining though, and seeing Hongbin so passionate sort of made Saejin squeal internally because the fire in his eyes, scorched her from inside out.

Of course, she hated him for being prettier than she was, but she resigned to the fact he was half demi-god which would mostly explain everything.

But then again he was the guy who stole her heart over time with that stupid smile that turned his eyes into beautiful crescents, who cringed at compliments but would always grin and showcase his dimples.

So basically he was the type of guy that she would want to throw money at if she was quite honest.

She pined over him hard from afar and every other day she had philosophy was the time in which she took turns hating him, liking him and eventually ending it with hating herself.

It soon became a normal routine, something she was used to.

Saejin should have known it would change though, when she complained to her friend more than once about her first world problems.

*

*

*

It was a set up.

Saejin knew it was.

Granted, she was half sure that Hani genuinely had no clue that her crush would be in the very club they were going to but she needed to blame someone for what she was planning to do to herself.

Get incredibly drunk.

Initially she was planning to book it out of there the moment she spotted him but hot damn, the way he looked stopped her in her tracks and forced her to plant her in a bar stool.

The bartender noticed her expression quickly and without another word supplied her with the hard liquor. She inclined her head in thanks and then made a note to tip him a little later, if she was still coherent.

Hani had disappeared by then after mentioning something about a certain “ Ken” and so she really refrained from asking any further when that happened.

She was also momentously distracted by her crush around the time her friend left.

Hongbin was too beautiful she wanted to cry.

She had many feelings for him and that was mainly the reason why Saejin had the goal to get hammered was due to the startling fact she was being attacked with the current scene before her and it was too much to take in for her weak and pathetic heart.

His black hair was narrow straight as opposed to the messy curls she was accustomed to during class, he was wearing a black suit with no undershirt it seemed giving her glimpses of his chest and as she scrutinized even further it dawned to her that he was wearing a gold collar.

Based on the state of clothes adorned on his body, Hongbin worked at the club. Not as a waiter per say but a performer of sorts.

Saejin wanted to throw herself off a cliff.

Suddenly the dance moves he was executing with two other guys on the stage made much more sense.

Her senses were ually assaulted and she did not need the eye candy that Hongbin was happily giving her (and a bunch of drunken males and females).  She turned away just as -dipped Hongbin grabbed his crotch and bent over and she let out a groan as her chin came to rest on her hands on the table.

“ my life,” she mumbled staring glumly at her glass while trying to ignore the fact that Hongbin was dancing suggestively behind her on the stage.

Screams are heard when the song would reach its chorus and she was pretty sure that some of the audience was stripping their clothes while watching.

Saejin luckily has enough restraint not to do that, but still, the moment she saw Hongbin she wanted to throw a pole at him and tell him to get his game on.

Wouldn’t really be the best first impression but Saejin did not know the concept of good impressions.

In a way she was blessed that she had a friend like Hani who understood her weird antics and comments.

That was why if Hani was around, she would have given her friend her phone so she wouldn’t do something stupid like taking pictures or recording Hongbin like her life depended on it so she could watch it at a later date for “studying” purposes.

It was too late though; her eyes had seen way too much already that even the harsh taste of liquor would not wash away the images flashing in her mind.

She actually had to fan herself as her imagination took her somewhere else real fast.

Holy hell, she was a mess.

Bartender man seemed to understand her though and mentioned that the drinks were on him when the girl let out couple sighs in a row. Saejin tried not to vault over the counter to hug him when he said that and so it was a good thing he left her to her misery shortly after conveying the words.

Saejin noticed a couple minutes later that Hani came back seeming more bright-eyed and bushy-tailed and she glowered at her friend.

“How could you?” she wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter