The Morning After

The Morning After

 

 

 

The familiar pounding of a headache woke me up, and out of habit I reached for the painkillers and a bottle of water on my nightstand. Once my thirst had been satisfied, I turned around, my lips curling up in a smile when I saw the man lying next to me.

 

This one was pretty, extremely so. Cuddled under the covers, not much could be seen of him, except a mouth, nose, and a hint of closed eyelids hidden under a bundle of hair. But it was enough to see that he was beautiful.

 

Lee Junho. That was his name if I remembered correctly, and I should. I had barely finished my first drink when he bumped into me, his cocktail leaving a big blue stain on my brand new shirt.

"S-Sorry… I’m so terribly sorry." He had apologized almost instantly, but there was no way I could be mad with someone so cute.

"No worries," I had replied with a smile, "Tell me your name and you are forgiven."

"Junho... Lee Jun..." For the first time, he looked up at my face, his jaw dropped and he muttered: "Wow... you're really handsome."

Before I could answer that with something clever and flirty, his face became completely red, and he stuttered awkwardly.

"No... I didn't mean... Actually..." Eventually he gave up and muttered bitterly down to the floor: "My stupid mouth..."

It was obvious that he had started drinking far earlier than I had. Probably, he had been in an office party, Christmas themed it seemed, judging from the small fake reindeer antlers on his head.

 

As fun as it was, watching his fluster, I didn't want him to get too uncomfortable and leave, so I pointed to my chest, introducing myself.

"Chansung." he repeated after me, his voice smooth and deep, especially for such a cutie, and it made him even ier.

"Wanna dance?" I asked because I wanted to and for a moment I worried he would reject my offer and go back to his friends, but then he sent me the sweetest god damned smile I had ever seen in my life and I knew I was in trouble.

 

That boy could dance. Like no other, and a few songs later, not a lot of space was separating us and soon it became even less. He was so hot and sweet and irresistible, and before I even realized what was happening I was kissing him, tasting him, pulling his surreally perfect body as close as humanly possible. Song after song we just kissed, and danced, and rubbed against each other in the most wonderful ways, and kissed some more, until I could not take it anymore, and suggested we could finish this at my place, and we did. He was so sensual and insatiable, so I entered him again and again, from behind, from above, the side, let him ride me until both of us were so worn out we fell asleep even before the third had fully washed over us.

 

And now, he was fast asleep in my bed, looking all kinds of amazing.

 

Stretching my limbs, there was no denying I felt good. I still hadn't found a sport that I liked more than exercising in bed. As much as I liked watching him, eventually my bladder won over, and since I was already up, I took a quick shower.

 

When I returned to the bedroom, Junho was waking up, rubbing his tiny eyes.

"Morning," I said briefly in what I hoped was a welcoming tone.

"M-Morning..." He answered awkwardly.

"I'm Chansung," I clarified, because he seemed a bit confused, and then added, "You don't remember?"

Shaking his head awkwardly, Junho barely stuttered up, "...no."

Trying to hide my disappointment, I reached for clean boxers in the closet, dropping the towel to the floor. "Nothing at all?"

"No..." Suddenly Junho's face turned very red, but he didn't look away, adding guiltily: "...Yes."

Not able to help myself, I let out a small chuckle, mostly because of relief that the night actually came back to him, but also because he was so damn cute.

 

Putting on some clean jeans and a tank top, I was very aware of him staring at me, eating me up with his eyes, while foolishly believing he was being subtle about it.

 

This combination of bold and shy, made my chest warm, and other parts of my body too, giving me the urge to walk over there and kiss him. But as I stared back at him, he suddenly became more self-conscious, using the covers to hide his chest.

 

 Even though I didn't really understand what he had to hide, since his body was perfection, I did understand that he was feeling a bit uncomfortable. Waking up in an unfamiliar place was obviously not something he did daily.

"Wait here," I said gently, "I will bring you breakfast." When he didn't say anything, I pointed to the nightstand, "There are some painkillers if you need."

Giving him what I hoped to be a friendly smile, I left him alone.

 

After starting the rice, I stared into the fridge, not terribly impressed by my options. Eventually, I settled on some side dishes my mom had left last time she visited, and made an attempt to turn some old bread I had into a French toast.

 

When everything was almost ready, I heard the clearing of a throat behind me.

"I-I should probably go..."

Slightly pouting when I saw that Junho was fully dressed, and my plans of pampering him were ruined, I objected:

"At least have something to eat, it's almost ready."

He hesitated for a moment, but when I pointed to the kitchen table he actually sat down. Soon I brought everything to the table and he awkwardly thanked me.

 

After a short silence Junho hesitantly stuttered up: "I-I don't usually do this..."

"Lucky me," I replied with a half-smile that made him blush.

For some reason this made him even more awkward and he stuttered up:

"No I mean... There was this Christmas party at work... and I had too much to drink and..."

"No worries, I believe you," I answered chuckling, "But even if you did, that wouldn't make me like you any less. There's nothing wrong with liking , most of us do."

"I-I don't..."

"You don't like ? Well you could have fooled me." I stared at him with a suggestive smile, making him blush even more, but his pupils were dilated, and his lips slightly parted so I knew he was thinking about last night. Same as me.

 

Eventually he broke the contact, looked down at his food and casually asked: "So, do you live here alone?"

Honestly, I wasn't sure whether he was truly interested or only trying to change the subject with meaningless small talk. Either way, I answered truthfully, saying that I did, and not-so-casually making it clear that I didn't have anyone significant in my life right now.

 

Our conversation was definitely awkward, but not the excruciating kind, but the exciting one that made my palms sweat and my heart beat a little faster. He was funny, blunt and shy all at once and whenever he smiled it felt like I had won the lottery. Of course I didn't actually know him, but I definitely wanted to, and though I couldn't explain why, it felt like there was potential there, like he could really become someone important to me, and I hoped that he would. Talking to him gave me the strangest feeling, like I hadn't even realized I was lonely until I suddenly wasn't. Like I didn't know I had been searching for anything until I found it.

 

Our breakfast passed way too fast and before I could help it, Junho was standing by my front door, ready to leave.

"So when can I see you again?" I blurted out before I could come up with a smoother way to suggest this.

"Again?" Slightly tilting his head, he looked confused, and good enough to eat.

"Mmh, I want to see you again," I answered, moving closer, placing my hand on his hip. It did not make any sense that this would surprise him, since I had shown him far more than casual interest over breakfast.

 

Maybe it was our closeness, or something he thought I was implying, but suddenly he became very flustered.

"J-Just because of what happened last night, I'm not going to immediately jump into your bed again."

 

Honestly, it sounded more like he was convincing himself, rather than me.

"That's fine," I replied, moving even closer, my hands sneaking around his waist, and he melted into me, fitting perfectly into my arms. "I just want to get to know you… is that so bad?"

When he shook his head, I added: "So, will you have dinner with me?"

 

With a hint of a smile, Junho nodded, so irresistible I couldn't take it, so I bent forward and kissed him. His lips were so soft and plump, and sweeter than I remembered.

 

"How about tonight?" I asked after the kiss, his body still pressed up against mine.

"T-Tonight? But it's already three o'clock in the afternoon?"

"That's perfect, you can go home and change, and then we can meet at eight?"

"Uhm.." he seemed a bit stumped by my forwardness, but I wanted to meet him soon, before he had the chance to change his mind. Besides, eight o'clock already sounded too far away.

Then it seemed like he just made a decision on the spot, and simply answered: "Okay."

 

Unable to contain my joy, I kissed him again, this time with more urgency, and he responded to me so eagerly, his hands running up my arms, over my shoulders, to the back of my neck, pulling me closer. Out of habit, my thigh pushed between his legs, rubbing against him and he let me. But only for a minute, before he backed off and gently pushed me away.

 

Slightly panting, I desperately hoped I hadn't ruined it, but then he smiled and said:

"I guess I could... meet with you tonight."

Smiling like an idiot, I handed him my phone so he could give me his number. His fingers were slightly shaking, and I hoped he was as excited about this as I was. Then he awkwardly thanked me again for the breakfast, opened the front door and said goodbye. Before he left, he sent me the brightest smile I had ever seen, making his eyes disappear completely and a row of perfect pearly white teeth stared back at me. My heart stopped completely, and as I watched him leave, I knew that I was in trouble. Deep, deep trouble.