Final

24 letters that were welcomed and 1 that wasn't.
24 letters that were welcomed and 1 that wasn't

December 1st

Taecyeon comes back to the dorm after his schedule and yawns. There's glasses in the sink and he supposes whoever has spend some time here was too tired to do the dishes. But so is he, so he walks past the kitchen and into the living room where he finds himself in the couch. There's silent so Taecyeon is pretty sure he's alone. When they all moved out and got their own they had decided to let the dorm be sort of like a go-to place. If they were too tired to go back they would stay at the dorm for a nap or whatever they wanted really. It isn't until his phone rings and his sisters excitedly tells him that there's a letter for him, that Taecyeon decides to go back home as well. He would've stayed at the dorm but he's just as curious as his sister so he gets in his car and drives back home. His sister smiles wide at him and waves a white envelope in front of him. Taecyeon is still too tired to actually be bothered but he can't help it when he snatches the envelope from her, grabs her waist and starts tickling her. When he stops she mumbles an 'I hate you' and Taecyeon pouts. Jihyen doesn't care and leaves him in the entry with the white envelope. It takes Taecyeon 5 seconds to open the letter and the white card only has a sentence in beautiful font.

"A heart that loves is always young."

- Greek proverb

Taecyeon smiles a little. It must be from a fan, but it's a cute card and although it's a little weird it was sent to his address and not the company, Taecyeon thinks it does no harm. He puts it on the refrigerator before he goes in to his room and falls asleep, still dressed.

 

December 2nd

The letter that arrives the next day is equally as cute. Jihyen squints as she reads over his shoulder with difficulties and Taecyeon ruffles her hair when he turns around and sees her on her tip-toes. He gives her the card and she frowns and feigns indifference and Taecyeon can't help but laugh a little. He hasn't told the members about the cards yet but it's just two fan-letters anyway. They receive plenty of fanmail daily and even more than that and over time they have definitely received other fan-letters worthy of more attention than the two letters he have on the refrigerator now. He does wonder who it could be considering there's no name on the cards and no sender on the envelopes but it slips out of his mind fairly quickly. He meets up with the members that evening to practice for a year end show they're supposed to be performing at. The night goes without any thoughts of the letters.

"A hug is like a boomerang: you get it right back."

- Bil Keane

 

December 3rd

Taecyeon is on schedule when his sister calls him and tells him of another letter. She asks if she can open it and Taecyeon allows it despite knowing that the other members are listening to his conversation. He doesn't really hate it when they does, it's common for them to eavesdrop and know when not to, but any conversation Taecyeon usually holds with his sister are silly conversations that doesn't take much brain capacity. The letter holds another love note and his sister starts laughing when she's read it. It makes Taecyeon curious and he asks her to text him a picture of it. When they hang up he receives a picture 2 seconds later. The letter is written in a silver glitter pen and the love quote is so cringeworthy it actually has Taecyeon making a face. 

"What is it?" Wooyoung asks and walks closer to Taecyeon. Taecyeon turns his phone towards the other and smiles.

"Look at the cringeworthy loveletter I get," he says and Wooyoung hums and laughs. This catches the attention of the other members and they all want to see as well. Nichkhun laughs and asks him for how long he's received such letters. When Taecyeon tells them they started arriving at December 1st Wooyoung and Nichkhun demands to read the first two as well, so Taecyeon gets Jihyen to send him pictures of the other two. The schedule consists of love quotes said mockingly to one another after that.

"Above all things I believe in love. Love is like oxygen. Love is a many-splendored thing. Love lifts us up where we belong. All you need is love!"

- Christian in 'Moulin Rouge'

 

December 4th

Taecyeon receives the fourth letter in the afternoon of December 4th while he's lounging in his room. He should be busy working out or thinking of their newest comeback but he's simply too tired to care about it right now. So he doesn't think and instead just lies with his eyes closed. He's about to fall asleep when his mother bursts into his room and places the envelope on his stomach and tells him to stop sleeping because he won't be able to sleep at night. Taecyeon grabs the letter when she leaves and yawns before he opens it.

"Sometimes I wish I had never met you, because then I could go to sleep at night not knowing there was someone like you out there."

- Good Will Hunting

This one makes him smile wide and he places it back in the envelope before he gets up from his bed and joins his family for dinner. 

 

December 5th

They're recording in the studio when the fifth letter arrives. It is send to the studio and a manager delivers it to Taecyeon, all eyes on him when he receives it.

"Your fan hasn't stopped sending you letters?" Jun.K asks and Taecyeon shrugs. Maybe she never will? He don't know but he frankly doesn't care either but it has never hurt anyone with a little letter here and there. He might want to throw some of them away if she continues but it's quite the cute Christmas calendar to get a love letter every day. So Taecyeon doesn't mind at all.

"What does it say?" asks Nichkhun and takes the envelope out of Taecyeon's hand. Taecyeon protests and tries to get back the letter but the other is quicker and has it open and read before Taecyeon manages to snatch it back. He reads it over and smiles a little before he folds it once and puts it in his back pocket. The producer sighs and urges them to finish the recording.

"Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your heart or burn down your house, you can never tell."

- Joan Crawford

 

December 6th

"I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours."

- Bob Dylan

 

December 7th

The letters changes content on Sunday December 7th. Where they had been love notes they're now best friend quotes. Taecyeon briefly wonders if his fangirl got a boyfriend and therefore had to stop sending him love letters. Not that he minds in particular, the new quotes are also a great way to begin or end his days. Jihyen thinks it's funny and she teases him a lot. Tells him that he's no longer boyfriend material but simply just friend material. Something she will never understand because God forbid her brother was actually more than a decent human being.

"A good friend knows all your stories. A best friend helped you write them."

- Unknown

Wooyoung and Junho finds it funny when they read the newest letter and the does their best to about it as well. Taecyeon ignores them when it gets too much but it's luckily not that difficult. He can't help but wonder what happened to the love quotes though when he works out in the gym that evening.

 

December 8th

There's a lot of things one could say about 2PM. They're friendly, hardworking, funny and they love each other like brothers. The last thing is particularly important on December 8th when Junho gets his hands on Taecyeon's daily letter before Taecyeon and opens it, only to find a rather disappointing quote inside. He sighs and throws the letter away without a thought and forgets to mention it to his band member. Taecyeon waits for a letter that never arrives.

 

December 9th

Taecyeon gets another letter on December 9th, slightly disappointed that the eighth letter never arrived. There's another friendship quote on this one and Taecyeon tries his hardest to figure out who could possibly be sending him these letters. There's a lot of possibilities and a lot of fans so it's not really an easy task. Yet Taecyeon's gut tells him that the person who sends him these letters know a little more about him than the average fan - and that scares him if he has to be completely honest. He cannot for the life of him figured out who it could be and Jihyen swears that it's definitely not her.

"Throughout life you will meet one person who is like no other. You could talk to this person for hours and never get bored, you could tell this person things and they will never judge you. This person is your soulmate, your best friend. Don’t ever let them go."

- Unknown

 

December 10th

It's his father that finds the tenth letter. The older man puts it on his desk and leaves. His mother enters his room to open his windows five minutes later which results in the letter blowing from the desk to the floor. Taecyeon is practicing with his band members and when he returns home his father tells him there's another letter for him waiting on his desk. Except there isn't and Taecyeon frowns as he searches through his desk. The letter isn't there. He asks his father if he's absolutely certain and the older man nods. It's Jihyen that finds it on the floor when she slips into his room later at night for the occasional brother-sister bonding time. If anyone had told young Taecyeon that he would be spending an hour with his sister once a week to just talk and discuss life he would have told them that they were being crazy and that there was no chance in hell he would be talking privately with his sister. Yet here they are, sitting on his bed in their pajamas, joking, laughing and teasing each other.

"There’s something about childhood friends that you just can’t replace."

- Lisa Whelchel

 

December 11th

"If ever there is tomorrow when we’re not together…there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think but the most important thing is, even if we’re apart… I’ll always be with you."

- Winnie the Pooh

 

December 12th

The letters are starting to get slightly more intimate as if they're trying to tell him something and let him know that the messenger knows something about him. Taecyeon is fairly sure by now that he knows the one who sends him the letters. He just cannot figure out who it might be. It could be a childhood friend, someone he has lost contact with during his trainee period. It could be a girl who once had a crush on him. But it annoys him that he doesn't know who it might be and his family and his band members are starting to notice.

"Who do you think it is?" asks Nichkhun one day after dance practice and Taecyeon sighs and shrugs.

"I don't know. It could be anyone really." Nichkhun hums in agreement.

"My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me."

- Henry Ford

Taecyeon wrecks his mind before he goes to sleep that night but he doesn't come up with an answer.

 

December 13th

"I got it!" he exclaims while waving the thirteenth letter around in his hands. Jihyen an eyebrow in his direction and wraps the blanket a little closer around her.

"What do you got?" she asks and tries hard not to yawn in front of her brother. Taecyeon throws the card onto the coffee table.

"I know who sends me these letters," he says in triumph and Jihyen rolls her eyes and ask the inevitable.

"Who?" She grabs the card and reads it through before she returns her attention to her brother once again.

"It's definitely Tiffany. She's pranking me, that ," he says and grabs his phone and the letter. Tiffany is his best female friend and he's fairly sure it can't be anyone but her. However, when he calls her and tells her that she's absolutely adorable for sending him these letters, she swears that she hasn't been sending him anything. In fact, she has no idea what the he's talking about. Tiffany promises that it's not her, but she likes the idea. Taecyeon slumps down beside his sister on the couch.

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."

- Unknown

 

December 14th

The fourteenth letter is just simply weird. Taecyeon stares at it with a raised eyebrow in a JYP Entertainment hallway when someone bumps into him. The other person smiles at him and greets him with a 'hey sunbaenim'. Taecyeon doesn't even get to ask if the other singer thinks it's weird to receive letters like this before the other has turned around a corner and disappeared. He returns his attention to the words written intricately on the paper.

"Half the time when brothers wrestle, it’s just an excuse to hug each other."

- James Patterson

 

December 15th

Taecyeon opens the fifthteenth letter while he's laying on Nichkhun's couch. The two of them have been eating dinner together to catch up. In all honesty it has been a much needed day out with just his friend. Nichkhun kicks Taecyeon's leg and snatches the letter from him as he walks past. 

"Hey," Taecyeon exclaims but Nichkhun just sends him a smirk and sits down in the arm chair. "I didn't even get to read it," he mumbles but Nichkhun doesn't care when he flips the card and reads it.

"It takes two men to make one brother."

- Israel Zangwill

 

December 16th

"Hey ," he tells her and nudges her arm with his foot. Jihyen scrunches up her nose and looks at him in disgust before she rearranges herself on the couch so he's not touching her. Taecyeon lifts his foot again, ready to nudge her once more when she sits up.

"What?" She glares at him and Taecyeon smirks.

"Why are you making fun of me when it's you that's sending me these letters? My little baby sister," he says and Jihyen smacks his forearm.

" off." She turns down the volume of the TV and turns to him anyway to ask him what he's talking about. He's not making a lot of sense right now.

"You're the one sending me these letters," he says again confidently and she widens her eyes.

"What the are you talking about?" she asks and snatches the letter from his hands and reads it.

"There's no buddy like a brother."

- Unknown

Jihyen starts laughing and hands the letter back to her brother who takes it with a raised eyebrow. When she finishes laughing she shakes her head.

"Believe me, I would never send you like that. I can mention plenty of people that are more of a buddy than you are." Her light-hearted insults results in a light-hearted fight that ends up getting them both in trouble when a picture falls to the floor and breaks.

 

December 17th

Taecyeon feels like he's going crazy when he receives the seventeenth letter and still doesn't have a clue who is sending him these letters. They're not as cheesy as the first 6 were but the quotes he receive now seems so personal that it's actually sort of disturbing him. He asks everyone he's around, even Jin Young Park who just laughs at him. No one knows why he's receiving these letters. His band members are beginning to make fun of him for not being able to figure out who it is, but Taecyeon swears he doesn't have a clue. It's not really fair either because the person who is sending him these hasn't left a clue about themselves which makes it all the more difficult to guess.

"There is a destiny which makes us brothers; none goes his way alone. All that we send into the lives of others comes back into our own.”

- Edwin Markham

 

December 18th

“He is my most beloved friend and my bitterest rival, my confidant and my betrayer, my sustainer and my dependent, and scariest of all, my equal.”

- Gregg Levoy

 

December 19th

The nineteenth letter arrives in the morning when Taecyeon is snuggled under his blankets and waiting for his alarm clock to ring. He's awake but he's not getting up before it rings. That is, until he hears his mother receive something at the door addressed to Ok Taecyeon. He gets out of bed and hurries into the kitchen to find his mother. She hands him the envelope that is now so well-known and he slumps on the couch and opens it. Jihyen yawns behind him and murmurs a goodmorning before she disappears into the bathroom. Taecyeon stares at the card.

“There’s no other love like the love for a brother. There’s no other love like the love from a brother.”

- Terri Guillemets

 

December 20th

"Maybe the answer is right in front of you," says Nichkhun on December the twentieth when they're having a 10 minutes break in the practice room. They're all sweaty and drinking lots of water from practicing their dance routine for the year end award show for hours. Taecyeon shrugs and turns to look at his band member.

"You think? But who could it be?" Nichkhun shrugs as well and drinks some water from his bottle. Chansung places a sweaty arm around Taecyeon's sholder and smiles.

"Did you get another letter today?" he asks and Taecyeon nods and shrugs off the other's arm. Chansung just continues smiling as Taecyeon gives the letter to the other. All of the members gather around the youngest to read the twentieth addition of the letters and Taecyeon just sighs and lies on the floor with an arm covering his face. God, he wishes he could figure out who sends him these letters.

“What strange creatures brothers are!”

- Jane Austen 

 

December 21st

The twentyfirst letter is different from the rest of them. Taecyeon stares at it confusedly when Jihyen sneaks up behind him and takes a peek at it as well.

“People say by you’re thinking too much you become a coward. You’re scared to face your fears and your failure. But I believe in myself, I believe that I could be the best of me. I will not let anybody stop me. I will become the best by trying the best and working hard towards my dream.”

- XX

"Huh?" she says and grabs the card from Taecyeon's fingers and the other turns around to get it back. They fight for a short while before Taecyeon finally gets it back. "I think your secret admirer is trying to make themselves known," Jihyen says and Taecyeon hums in agreement. He thinks so too. He just can't figure out who it is anyway.

 

December 22nd

"I’m a human, too. I’m not an angel. I’m a devil."

- XX

Taecyeon thinks that that quote has captured the essence of his secret admirer pretty well.

 

December 23rd

There has been a lot of things that Taecyeon wanted to say to this person but the only one that's on his mind now is 'why'. At first he thought it was fan-letters, then just a prank. But by now he's so confused with all these quotes that even the slightest hint gets past him. He's sure they mean something but he can't figure out what. His band members are trying to cheer him up by planning to celebrate Christmas together in the dorm, just the six of them, but Taecyeon's only wish for Christmas is to find out who sends him these letters. He sighs a little and gets up to help Nichkhun decorate the dorm.

"An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is pulling you back with difficulties, it means it's going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming."

- XX

December 24th

The twentyfourth letter consists of one word only. Taecyeon turns it around a couple of times as if words will magically appear on it but there is only one word written on the card in the beautiful font that has been consistent throughout all twentyfour letters. Jihyen takes the card from him and tells him to stop thinking and go celebrate Christmas with his band members instead of moping around.

"Tomorrow."

 

December 25th

The letter that arrives on the twentyfifth is a surprise to all of the members. They're about to open their presents when someone knocks on the door. The hallway is empty aside from the letter on the door mat when they open.

"It's for you, Taec," Jun.K says as he hands over the letter and Taecyeon takes it confused.

"Maybe it's your secret admirer," says Wooyoung and soon enough they're all sitting around him, waiting for Taecyeon to open the letter. So he does. But everything is different. The words are written in red, the hand writing clumsy and big. Junho tilts his head as he reads. Chansung reaches out for the letter and inspects it closer.

"I think it's blood," he says suddenly and throws the letter to the floor. All six members turn to look at the paper now on the floor.

"Blood?" Nichkhun asks and Chansung nods. Jun.K lifts the letter again, holding it in the top corner as if it's dangerous.

"I think you're right," says Junho and gets a little closer to the letter. Then suddenly he scrunches up his nose in disgust and takes a few steps back. "I think it really is period blood." This has Jun.K throwing the letter away. The six members stare at each other and then at the letter.

"Gross," comments Nichkhun and they all agree. Nobody says anything in the next minute. Then Wooyoung grabs the corner of the letter again and starts chasing Junho around in the dorm. Laughter fills the dorm when Taecyeon gets up from the couch.

"But it's not the same person!" he says and Nichkhun snorts.

"Of course it isn't!" he says and almost sounds offended. Taecyeon turns to look at him and ignores his immature band members. "I sent you all those letters," Nichkhun explains and Taecyeon blinks in surprise.

"You?" he asks and Nichkhun nods. "Why?"

"Because I'm your secret santa. And you were kinda cute all focused on figuring out who send you those letters." It's in that moment that Taecyeon remembers that he totally forgot to be Chansung's secret santa. . Nichkhun just laughs at him before he bolts from where he's standing when Junho comes charging after him with the letter written in period blood.

"I dedicate to Taecyeon my period blood letter. Ok Taecyeon, You cannot live without me. Sprinkled with a few strands of my pubes."







So - I did it! I got inspiration from the sasaeng letter that Taecyeon received written in period blood, obviously, but it turned into something longer and something more than just that. I really really hope I did something right! Merry Christmas once again! Happy holidays!