Chapter 22- If (Continuation)

Yes! I do

A//N: Flasbacks are written in Italics.. :)

 

TAEYEON POV

I calm in her embrace knowing it was Jessica; it was a nice feeling though to felt like being cared  even just for a short period of time.


“Are you feeling okay?” She asks, still hugging me. I nodded my head slowly.


“So, you want me to let go or stay like this?” She sounded like teasing me and I smile.


“Suit yourself; it’s your choice anyways.” I replied, still smiling.She didn’t let go and I don’t mind at all, I wish I could freeze time, though I can’t tell her the reason behind this I’m still happy she came home early.


“It’s going to be okay. Someday these pains will end.” She spoke again, that line seems familiar though.

“Taejoon once said that to me. I think you might need that too.” She added, I saw her smile in my peripheral vision.

“Oppa said that?” I ask which she nodded. I was the one who said that during the honeymoon though.

“Waeyo?” She asks looking at me. Oh? I was pouting wasn’t i?

“Nothing, guess he’s been good to you huh?” I shook my head.

“Yeah, he’s been nice to me. I sometimes think I like him.” She smirk as she said the last word.

“eh? You like my brother? Se..seriously? bu…but.” 

“Ahahaha, just kidding you know. I have someone already though it’s still a secret that I kept.” She smiled sincerely.

“Guess Ice sometimes can melt huh?” It’s my turn to smirk.

“Even rocks do get broken and turns into sand, why can’t an Ice melt?” She stated seriously with the same smile.

“Look at the philosopher Princess.” I joked.

“Yeah yeah. Whatever you may say. You should start practicing already you know?” She sat beside me, now I missed the warmth.

“So? Have you picked a song already?”  She ask.

“Ne. It’s my favorite song.” I smiled at her.

“Yeah? What is it?”

“It’s a secret.” I stick my tongue out.

“Hey! That’s not fair!” She pouted.

“You’re watching tomorrow right? You’ll know it there then.” I grinned.

“You’re unfair! I just want to know the song.” She keeps on pouting.  

“Waeyo! You’re so cute!” I laugh when she fake a sniff.

“Tell me.” She whined.

“I don’t want to.” I stick my tongue playfully and pinch her cheeks.

“Stop pouting!” I added.

“Tell me.” She argues.

“Sowonuel malhaebwa.” I sang.

“You’re not a genie, you’re a meanie.” She smiles at the rhyme.

“Whoah? Is that a song? You should write one.” I smirk.

“Whatever!” She rolls her eyes.

“Hey, don’t be mad. You’ll hear it tomorrow.”  I followed her outside.

“I know.” She shortly replied.

“You’re not mad, are you?” I ask.

“Got’cha! I’m not.” She sticks her tongue playfully at me and ran upstairs. I followed her and she went inside the master bedroom.

“Come back here.” I demanded and put my hand on my waist like an old man.

“Catch me if you can.” She sung and laugh heartily.

“Seriously?” I took a pillow and throw it at her which she quickly catches.

“I’m dead serious.” She playfully glared and throw the pillow back at me that landed on my face.

“Nice catch.” She mocked.

“Oh yeah?” I throw the pillow at her, while she was busy catching the pillow. I charge at her and we both landed on the bed. I tickle her until she was laughing too hard.

“Yah! Taeyeon stop it! It tickles.” She keeps on laughing.

“I know it does.” I tickle her even more.

“Taeng!” She yelled. I stop tickling her and cover my ears.

“What the? Are you a dolphin or something?” I shook my head, I though I’m gonna lose my hearing.

“So what if I am?” She tossed me on the other side of the bed and sat in my stomach, now it’s her turn to tickles me.

“Sica-yah~” I cough.

“Sto.. stop it! ahaha” I laugh.

“Pabo-yah!” She stops tickling me, but still sitting in my stomach. We stayed like that, looking into each other. She smiles, a genuine one. I must be lucky to see this side of her, smiling, laughing, joking around and being a melted ice while others sees her cold aura.

“Taengoo-ah~” She poke my face. I blink my eyes many times don’t how many.

“What is that? Are you giving me a pet name now?” I furrow my brow.

“Wae? Don’t you like it? Taengoo-yah~” She whined like a kid but way cuter than a kid.

“I like it. But why? They say if you give someone a pet name that means that person is special to you. You mean I’m special?” I joked and smirk at her. She's quiet for a seconds and smiles.

“Don’t you want to be?” She asks, her face was serious right now.

“Would you make me one?” I ask back, she smiles again and went off me.

“What?” I added. She keeps mum and took a towel from her drawer; she stops in front of the shower room and look back at me.

“What do you think?” She asks with a smile before disappearing. Okay, am I always meant to be left dumbfounded and solve some riddles?
I sigh, went outside and headed to my room, the guest room. I wonder if she’s still crying at night.  I wonder if she’s okay being alone there at night. Does she still think about the past? About the things that keeps her in pain. Does she even know there’s someone who cares for her? Tiffany, Hayeon, count me in too. We just want you to move on and be happy, to forget the past.

 

---

 

“Taengoo~”

“Taeng?”

“Taeyeon! Wake up.”

“Umdjfdgsrehetssh… Yah!” I gasp for air as soon as the pillow left my face.

“Are you trying to kill me?” I took a deep breath to calm my fast heart beating. 

“You’re ignoring me. Can’t help it.” She crossed her arms in her chest.

“What? I’m still asleep as you can see.” I stated.

“I know. That’s why I did that” She said with her I don’t care face.

“Seriously?” I raised my brow.

“I’m serious. By the way, today is the concert, right? You should prepare already not that sleeping late in the morning.” She scolded.

“Ne unnie.” I joke.

“Yah! You’re the unnie, not me.” She pouted.

“Aren’t you tired of being cute? Hahaha.” 

“So? You mean I’m cute?” She smiles.

“You know I’m kidding, right?” Her smile fades as she slaps me by my arm.

“That hurts.” I rub my arm where she hurt me.

“Just get up and get ready! I’m going to watch you later. Got that?” She glared at me.

“Okay Miss Jung.” I salute playfully.

“I’ll be off to work then; I’ll see you later and Good luck.” I froze in my spot when she hugged me. I have to admit I like being hugged especially by the Jessica Jung. Hahaha, do I sound like a lovesick puppy? Am not.

“See... You later.” I managed to say. She retracted from the hug and left.

 

---

 

An hour left before the performance, Hayeon was helping me for my dress, it’s just a simple longsleeve blue dress, match up with a pair of black boots that reaches high in my knees (Taeyeon’s MAMA Red Carpet Attire) Hayeon also put some smoky make up in my eyes too as she explained it and a pink lipstick that hides my pale one. I like it though I’m glad she’s here with me I don’t know what to do if no one would help me in my outfit without Tiffany.


“Gosh! You look amazing unnie.” Hayeon thumbs up at me with a smile. We’re in the backstage waiting for my turn to perform. It’s Taecyeon and Woo young’s performance right now. Taecyeon was really good in his rap while Wooyoung do the chorus as they both dance.

“I’m nervous.” I admitted.

“I know you’ll do fine Tae.” It was Chorong. Wow! She looks gorgeous tonight. She dye her hair blonde and her bangs we’re just perfect as it is always. She look like fairy celebrity tonight with her pink dress.

“You look awesome” I smiles.

“It’s a joke, right?” She smiles back.

“Am not.” I shook my head.

“You look gorgeous too; I have to agree with Hayeon.” She said with a smile.

“Hope that’s true. I’m really nervous.”  I took a deep breath and sigh. I feel my phone vibrates; I unlock the screen and read the new message. I immediately smiles knowing who it came from.

[From: Ice-Melted Princess,
Taengoo-ah~ Good luck on your performance. I’m here in the V.I.P seat with Yuri, Hwaitaeng! :) ]

“Who is it unnie?” Hayeon brings back my attention to them.

“It’s sica.” I smiled.

“Really? She’s here, right? You seem happy, huh?” Hayeon smirk while Chorong grinned. I was about to fire back when the two men came in. they finished their performance and Chorong is up next.

“Good luck Rong-Saur! Hwaiting!” She mouthed me a thank you before disappearing in the stage. I take a peek behind the curtain and search the audience. I saw Yuri-nim with Jessica who was enjoying Chorong’s performance. I hope they’ll like my performance later.

 

Chorong’s performance was ending. The crowd roars up and cheers for her. I really hope I’ll be fine.

“Taeyeon. It’s your turn.” A staff went to accompany me in the stage since it was too dark, I sat behind the piano take a deep breath.

“Okay. You remember earlier, right? You’ll play first then the light would focus on you once you hit those keys.” I nodded my head as he pats my back and whispers me a good luck. He left the stage, I’m sure the people can’t see me right now. I took a deep breath again and started to press the piano keys. The murmurs stops from the audience, the light focuses on me. I saw Yuri and Jessica look at each other before smiling. I close my eyes and drifted to the song. The song that touched my heart ever since I’ve heard it for the first time back then.


It was back when I was twelve years old when my mother brought me along to a party since the company is just starting they we’re invited to an Industry meeting where businessmen’s  and their family would attend too. It was late in the evening and I want to go home, but mom and dad still talking to some new found clients. I went in the balcony and started crying when I hear the piano started playing in the ballroom where the party is being held, and then someone starts singing.


You’re leaving, and I can’t do anything
Love is leaving
Like a fool, I’m blankly standing here watching you go ~

I stopped crying as soon as I heard the music, the voice; it’s so warm and beautiful. I walk back to the ballroom and saw a young girl, the same age with me I guess. She’s playing the piano and singing.

~ I’m looking at you, getting farther away
You becomes a small dot and then disappears
Will this go away after time passes?
I remember the old times
I remember you

IF YOU
IF YOU
If it’s not too late
Can’t we get back together?
IF YOU
IF YOU
If you’re struggling like I am
Can’t we make things a little easier?
I should’ve treated you better when I had you ~

It feels like everything froze in that moment, her voice was so angelic and so. She’s beautiful too, the way her brunette hair falls in her shoulder with her bangs that touches her eyebrow. She’s too perfect.

~ How about you?
Are you really fine?
Guess our break up is setting
I should forget you but it’s not easy

I’m looking at you, getting farther away
You becomes a small dot and then disappears
Will I feel better if I meet someone?
I remember the old times
I remember you ~

I was staring at her ever since, her eyes opens slowly and her brown eyes was sparkling. She turns her head towards me and we got eye-contact and she smiles, did she? Or is it just my imagination? I didn’t smile back though; just keep on looking at her. We stare at each other she finishes the song. She smiles at the crowd and bow. Almost everyone in that room claps and cheers for her before she disappears with her parents as they went home first.

~ IF YOU
IF YOU
If it’s not too late
Can’t we get back together?
IF YOU
IF YOU
If you’re struggling like I am
Can’t we make things a little easier?
I should’ve treated you better when I had you ~

wonder where she is right now. Maybe she’s a real perfection now that we’ve grown up; I haven’t even got a chance to know her name, to be her friend. I wonder if she’ll remember me. I wonder if she sees me that night. Maybe since we got eye-contact.

~ On days where thin rain falls like today
I remember your shadow

Our memories that I secretly put in my drawer
I take them out and reminisce again by myself

Why didn’t I know?
About the weight of sadness that comes with breaking up?

IF YOU
IF YOU
If it’s not too late
Can’t we get back together?
IF YOU
IF YOU
If you’re struggling like I am
Can’t we make things a little easier?
I should’ve treated you better when I had you ~

I open my eyes as I finished the song, they we’re silence for a couple of seconds before a deafening cheers and shouts. I saw Yuri and Jessica clapping along before making two thumbs up. I smile at them and bowed at the crowd and went back stage.

“unnie! Daebak! It’s amazing you know? You’re really the best.” Hayeon hugs me tightly.

“It’s such a concert taeng.” Taecyeon, Wooyoung, and Chorong thumbs up and we made a group hug for a job well done.

 

---

“Unnie. Jessica unnie told me we’ll have dinner tonight together, but she went to meet a client first. She said she’ll be back real quick.” Hayeon explained.

“Really?” I raised my brow.

“Ne, can you wait here for me?” She rub her palm together, pleading.

“okay , fine.” I sigh. With that she dashes to the school’s gate and left. I walk until the shed just outside the school. Guess I’ll just wait her here. 
“Ugh! I should have bring my bag. These heels are killing me.” I groan and took off my boots.
Twenty minutes have passed, still no Ice princess can be seen, is she really coming? Or did they just left me here to be played?
Thirty minutes …
Forty minutes…

“Taengoo!”

“I’m sorry I’m late. I got stuck in the traffic.”  It was Jessica, she was panting. Didn’t she bring her car?

“Tae?”

“Huh?”

“Are you okay?” She asks worriedly.

“Ne. didn’t you bring your car with you?” I asks.

“No. and  I regretted it already.” She groans.

“ahahaha.” I laugh at her, she look at me raising her brow. I just can’t help it, she’s wearing an all-white outfit. White t-shirt underneath her white coat and a white jeans and white sneakers. I can tell she’s so stressed walking fast to get here. She’s sweating all over her forehead that makes her bangs wet.

“What’s so funny?” She ask, a little mad.

“Nothing.” I shrugged and put on my boots.

“Do you know how far I walked to get here? The traffic that I have to get out just to get here in time. Though, I’m still late.” She nagged.

“Mianhae. “  I apologize.

“Does your foot hurt?” She ask.

“A little. I can endure it still.” I nodded my head and smile to assure her.

“Whatever! Let’s go.” Before I can protest she took my hand and drags me to a nearest mall.

“What are we doing here? We’re having a dinner here?” I ask looking around. The people started staring at us. Who wouldn’t? The Jessica Jung is here.

“What? Waeyo? You want to eat here?” she raise her brow.

“It’s not like that.” I replied. She drag me to the department store and went to shoe area.

“What’s your size?” She ask.

“Huh?”

“Your feet’s size.” She added.

“uhmmm. 24?” I replied.

“Give me a size 24 of this.” She told the saleslady as she pointed a blue keds.

“You don’t have to buy that.” I stated.

“No buts. You’ll pay it yourself anyway.” She said matter-of factly.

“Huh? O..okay.” I was about to search my pocket for my wallet when I remember It’s in my ordinary outfit not in my dress.

“You didn’t bring it?” She asks. I nodded my head slowly.

 

“How much is it?” She asks at the counter.

 

“32000 dollars ma’am.” The saleslady replied. She took her credit card and paid the shoe instead.

 

“Put it on.” She took the shoes out of the box.

“I’m really fine.” I mumbled.

“Really?” She asks. I nodded my head. O_O

“What are you doing?” I panicked when she bend down and took my boots off.

“Putting it on you since you don’t want to.” She replied.

“I’ll do it.” I bend down with her and put the shoes in my foot.

 

“I just don’t want you to hurt your foot because we’ll stay out late at night, okay?” She said in her serious face yet I know she just cares.

“Thanks.” I smiled.

 

---

 

We took a taxi and Jessica told the driver the address, after thirty minutes of travelling we arrive in a restaurant. It’s a simple yet cozy one. ‘WELCOME TO 9 AND ¾ RESTO’ the sign reads. What a weird name.

“Come on.” She went in. It was dim inside a single chandelier was lighting the whole place alone and on the center a single round table was place and has a candle in the middle. The light reflects the wall a little and I can see the interior. Now I know why it’s called 9 AND ¾ it’s a Harry Potter theme resto. The four section of the Hogwarts school was there. The outfits we’re there, wands, books and other merchandise from the movie.

“You like it? Hayeon was told me you both like Harry Potter.” Jessica broke the silence.

“Yeah. I like it.” I smiles at her.

“Did I missed anything?” A bubbly voice cut-in from the back door.

“Fany!” Jessica whined and hug the pink monster.

“Hey  Taetae.” She hugs me as soon as she lets go the ice princess.

 

“You’re here unnie?” Hayeon grinned as she went in.

“Yeah.” I nodded my head.

 

                                 AUTHOR’s      POV

“It was an amazing performance Tae, I know you could make those crowd roars.” Tiffany thumbs up, feeling proud of her best friend.

“Thanks.” The midget blush at the comment.

 

"But i thought you said you're not attending?" Taeyeon pouted.

"That was a joke of course." Tiffany grinned.

"And a funny one." Jessica rolls her eyes.

"It was funny." Tiffany pouted.

"Whatever."

"I thought you're not gonna sing that." Tiffany said seriously.

“Isn’t that your favorite song unnie?” Hayeon asks as she munched some pasta in .

"Why?" The blonde asks.

“Don’t speak while your mouth is full.” Taeyeon glared at her sister.

“Mianhae.” Hayeon apologize.

“It’s your favorite song?” Jessica’s turn to ask.

“Ne.” Taeyeon nodded her head.

“That’s Jessica’s favorite song too.” Tiffany said matter-of factly as she smirk.

“huh? Really?” Taeyeon asks curiously. Jessica nodded her head in reply.

“Jessie~ she’s asking you.” Tiffany nudges the blonde.

“I already answered fany-ah.” The blonde retorted.

“Oh? I didn’t know. Sarreh.” Tiffany shrugged before continuing eating.

“But Jessica unnie. Why do you like that song?” Hayeon asks.

“huh?” The blonde furrows her brow.

“Well, Taeyeon unnie like it because she was love struck by the first person whom she head it first.” Hayeon stated.

“Yah! I’m not! It’s not love struck.  It’s just purely admirable thingy.” Taeyeon retorted.

“Whatever.” Hayeon brushed her off.

“Well.” The three focuses their attention to the blonde though Tiffany already knew the reason behind she just want to hear it again. Chances like these with Jessica talking about the past are rare.

“It reminds me of someone.” Jessica sigh.

“Come on Jessie. Tell us more.” Tiffany urge her.

“You already knew.” Jessica groans.

“But they don’t.” Tiffany pointed at the two.

“Who is it unnie?” Hayeon asks.

“Well….” The blonde started when a tall young man enters the resto.

“I’m sorry I’m late.” The young man apologize as he approach them. He was tall, pointed nose, nearly invisible eyes and a messy look hair. But all in all he’s handsome.

“Sunggyu oppa.” Tiffany smiles reaches her eyes as she call the newly came man.

“Sunggyu? Wow? Long time no see.” Jessica stood up and greeted the man with a hug.

“Whoah Jessie! We’re not kids anymore, people can mistook us.” The man joked.

“And I don’t care. What brings you here?” The blonde asks.

“Wae? Don’t you want me here? Hahaha, actually I’m just passing by since this resto is mine.” He smirk at the blonde.

“Seriously? I didn’t expect though. That’s why Miyoung brought us here I think?” Jessica raised a brow at her best friend who was grinning next to her.

“Yeah.” Tiffany nodded.

“Aren’t you going to introduce me?” Sunggyu nodded at the two Kim.

“Oh that’s right. I’m sorry. This is Kim Taeyeon and Hayeon my in-laws if you’ve heard the news since you didn’t come at my wedding. Tae, Hayeon, this is Kim Sunggyu a friend of mine and Tiff.” Jessica introduce.

“Correction a childhood friend too. I don’t want to attend a wedding especially if it’s my best friend when it’s not true at all.” Sunggyu smiles as she handshake the two.

“Still, you should have visit me instead.” The blonde pouted.

“Still a kiddo. You know I’m busy in my career and the resto too.” He explained.

“hahaha. You know, Sunggyu here is an artist of Woolim Entertainment. He’s a solo.” Tiffany explained.

“I see. That’s why he looks familiar.” Hayeon nodded her head.

“Well, I’m not that famous.” He shrugged.

“Yet. You’re just starting your career, you know? Told you just go to S.M or Y.G” Tiffany nagged.

“Nah! Atleast I’m not stressed yet.” He laugh heartily.

“By the way, I have to go now.” He added.

“Already?” The blonde raised her brow.

“Ne. I’ll visit you soon. Just take me as your model so we can see each other often.” He joked.

“I will. Prepare yourself.” The blonde stick her tongue playfully.

“I got to go. Take care.” He kissed the blonde’s and Tiffany’s forehead before smiling at the two Kim.

“Take care Oppa.” JeTi chorused.

---
The dinner ended fine, laughing over Tiffany’s joke and talking about Taeyeon’s performance and some business.

 

 

A//N: Hehehe, A lot of update for tonight, hehe enjoy.. :)