sequel: mingyu + height

sequel: mingyu + height

It’s been a month since you sat next to mingyu and he’s pretty much a good desk partner. He copies notes for you because he is worried that even by sitting beside him, he may be blocking you somehow. Every time you move a little, he’ll ask if he’s blocking you and you always have to reassure him that your seat is fine, and he’s not blocking you. It seems like he’s a bit insecure about his height but he doesn't show it. Moreover, in people’s eyes, his height is ideal and they wished for it.

 

There was once after school, you went to the library to look for geog notes for the next test. You searched for the geog section and realised it’s located at the upper section of the shelf. You sighed but you weren't going to be defeated. You tiptoed and tried your best to stretch your arm as high as you could. After ages of trying, you sighed again and was annoyed. At that moment, you didn't know why but you thought of mingyu.

 

“Need help?” someone asked and startled you from the back.

 

It was mingyu. He stood there with a smile on his face which kind of melted you.

 

“Uh… yeah. The geog notes are up there” you told him and was pretty embarrassed about the situation.

 

“I’m also looking for these notes” mingyu said and took a few books from the shelf and handed you some.

 

“Guess being tall isn't a bad thing after all” you joked.

 

“Yeah” he laughed and continued “wanna revise together?”, which you gladly agreed.

 

The both of you sat at the study area and went through the notes together. The study session included jokes and laughters, which made everything fun. You like his company and you weren't sure about it, but you started to fall for him. On the other hand, mingyu likes you too. He’s sure of his feelings to you but because you didn't show any signs of being attracted to him, he didn't dare to confess. Before school today, he told himself that if there was a chance for him to confess, he will. He saw you at the library and he thought that was the chance but he chickened out in the end. During the study session, there were many times he wanted to open his mouth but he saw how hard you were revising, he didn't want to interrupt you, so he didn't say.

 

Just when he thought there was no chance, something happened.

 

Both of y’all finished studying and when you stood up to pack your bag, a student carrying 3 stacks of boxes almost walked right into you because he couldn't see as the boxes blocked his view.

 

“Careful!” mingyu noticed and pulled you to him just in time.

 

You fell into his embrace and your face was directly facing his chest. You were flustered and confused and just when you were about to pull back, he held onto your shoulders and looked into your eyes.

 

“I have been wanting to say this for a really long time, and i guess this is the time. I… I like you”

 

“What…?” you raised your brows and was taken aback by his confession.

 

“I don’t expect you to like me as well, but i just want you to know that i’ll always be there to protect you, even if you treat me as a friend”

 

You didn't say anything and mingyu thought you didn't like him so he took his back and was about to leave when you grabbed his arm.

 

“Wait, don’t leave, I didn't say I didn’t like you” you broke into a shy smile.

 

“S-so you like me too?” mingyu stuttered and his eyes widened like when a kid sees candies.

You nodded your head and you were blushing but you hoped he didn't see it.

 

Mingyu took your hand and intertwined his fingers with yours and gave his charming smile, and as usual, your heart melted.