How The Story Begins

Hey, Baby!

"Happy Chuseok Holiday, Unnie!" said Joy to Wendy. The older girl in front of her was just smiling vaguely. "Sure you don't want to sleep over to my place? My whole family would be thrilled to see you in person."

 

"No... Thank you by the way. I will be just fine. It's not like my first time having Chuseok Holiday in dorm all by myself. Beside of that, our day off is not even for 24 hours. Don't worry. Just enjoy your quality time with your family, okay?" Wendy convinced the younger girl who seemed still in a bit hesitation to leave.

 

"Wendy-ya, just call me anytime if you need me, got it?" Seulgi cut in and gave the girls a quick hug as she passed by. "Happy Chuseok, Girls, I'm leaving now, see you tomorrow! Bye!"

 

"Bye, Teddy Bear! Have a great Chuseok!" shouted Wendy to one of her roommate. She waved to Seulgi cutely even when her shadow had disappeared. She then looked back to Joy.

 

"Fine, Unnie, I promise I'll be back here a.s.a.p. Don't forget to make a video call to me whenever you feel like lonely and missing me so much!" Joy gave a wink and hugged her best 'mom like' sister tightly.

 

Wendy chuckled. "I got it, Fatso, now get going or your taxi fare will be reaching 10k won even when you haven't gone to your home yet." Wendy playfully pinched Joy's left cheek.

 

"Oh my, you're so right. Okay, I'm leaving now! Bye, Unnie~" Joy bowed formally to her and left.

 

"Yah!! How come you just disappear like that when you hear about money?? Woah, that fatty kid has got me again..." Wendy found herself was still mumbling when she closed the door. She then took a turn and...

 

"Unnie!"

 

"Oh my, suddenly!" Wendy gasped as the youngest member, Yeri, suddenly popped out behind her. "Kim Yerim! You mischievous child! I thought you had gone to your home! What are you doing here??"

 

Yeri was giggling in so much joy because of Wendy's shock face before. "Unnie, you're so funny! You should have seen your face just now!"

 

"Kim Yerim, don't be messing around with me, or you'll never have bread as your morning breakfast again." the older threated.

 

Yeri gulped in. "Alright, I'm so sorry, Unnie. I'm still here because I need to wait for my parents picking me up..."

 

"When will your parents come? I need to go to Taeyeon Unnie's place to give her some cakes and foods."

 

"Maybe in another 5 minutes..." Yeri frowned and whined, "Unnie, you didn't prepare any bread for me this morning... I'm feeling hurt and sad now..."

 

Wendy rolled her eyes, "Kim Yerim, Taeyeon Unnie will have her comeback soon. We need to support her since she has always been nice and bragging about us a lot. I'll make you some when you come back. Okay?"

 

Yeri's eyes twinkled. "Okay, yeaayy...!" cheered the girl.

 

Knock! Knock!

 

"Oh, can it be your parents?" said Wendy as she walked to the door and opened it. She was right. "Oh, hello, Umu-nim. Kim Yerim!!"

 

"Ne??"

 

"It's your Umu-nim!"

 

"Alright, I'll go there!!"

 

Yeri came back with her bag and her Connie Doll of Line. She smiled widely to her mother and hugged her.

 

"I've been missing you so much, Umma!!"

 

"Oh... my poor little girl... I've been missing you so much too. Wendy-ssi, thank you so much for helping my daughter all the time. She really needs it."

 

Wendy smiled back and replied, "Oh, it's my pleasure. She has been a very good kid. So she makes it easier for all of us."

 

"Bye, Unnie, see you soon!" Yeri hugged her tightly.

 

"Bye, Yeri-ya! Please be healthy as always, Yeri Umu-nim!" Wendy hugged Yeri's mother.

 

"Sure, Wendy-ssi. Have a good Chuseok Holiday for you too. You are such a sweet and caring daughter. Your mother must be proud of you," Yeri's mother gave a warm hug to Wendy once again. The girl waved and bowed deeply. "Send my hello to your parents, alright?"

 

Wendy nodded. She then closed the door again. Right after had released some breaths, she walked to her room in hurry.

 

 

 

"Bye, Taeyeon Unnie, good luck for your comeback!" cheered Wendy.

 

Taeyeon nodded and with a big mouth full of cake she replied, "Your cake is the best! I really love this! Thank's, Wendy-ya!"

 

Wendy chuckled and bowed to her politely. She found that the kid leader mumbling was so attractive and cute at the same time.

 

"Come back home safely, alright?!"

 

"Yes, I will! Bye, Unnie!"

 

 

 

"Manager Unnie, please pull over here," said Wendy to the driver next to her. Red Velvet's manager.

 

"What? No, we will be arrived in just another 5 minutes, hang on, alright?" her manager replied in a worry.

 

Wendy smiled and said, "I'll just walk to our dorm, you have to come back home faster. Your family must have waited for you to arrive at home by now. I'm okay, it's not that distance."

 

"What?? Hell no, you know I can't do that!" her manager groaned in English.

 

"Oh, come on, Unnie. It's almost midnight and I'll just cover my whole appearence in hoody and mask. No big deal to my big transformation," Wendy began to reply in English too.

 

Her manager did a quite long hesitation. What if their company knew about the news that Wendy was outside in the midnight alone without the manager? She could be in a serious trouble.

 

"Please, Unnie, I know how much you're craving to see your family. Now it's your time," Wendy convinced her.

 

The manager finally smiled and nodded. "Okay. Please be really careful and go straight to your dorm. I don't want you in a trouble with fans or kidnappers or whatsoever. Got it?"

 

"Of course, don't worry about me, Unnie! Have a good time with your family! Happy Chuseok!"

 

"Thank you. Oh... somehow I feel uneasy about this."

 

Wendy just kept her wide smile on her pretty face.

 

 

 

"Ooh... so this is how our neighbourhood looks like in the midnight." Wendy immersed in her own thoughts. She walked into the park. The one that was across her dorm building. It was the cherry blossom tree park.

 

She tightened her hoody jacket. It was cold. Eventhough it was 1 in the midnight, she couldn't help the feeling being stalked by fans anytime. She walked stealthily. In case there was someone in the park. Her eyes caught the first thing. The biggest cherry blossom tree which located in the middle of the park.

 

In 5 minutes, she had arrived near the tree. Its trunk was so big and high. The twigs were branched off each other. September was the time of fall. All of the leaves were changing color into yellow. She sat on the bench which full of cherry blossom leaves. Some were yellow dried out, some were still falling to the ground. She cleaned the surface of the bench a bit just to place her seat spot.

 

She took a deep breath. That 1 a.m. midnight might be so cold. But the cold was nothing compared while she lived in Toronto. North America's winter was no joke at all for her that time.

 

She chuckled. Her mind was flying back to the time when she first stepped on Canada's land. She was so excited. Her family finally had to move to Toronto because of her father's job. Eventhough she was so sad parting with her friends in Seoul, still she found that living in a different country was much impressing and full of fun.

 

She closed her eyes. Tried to feel the breezy wind blew around her. The touch of her bare skin with the cold was so addicting that midnight. Strange? Of course! It was cold in the middle of the night! Yet, she felt peace and assured at once. The silence was perfect itself. Vaguely, she could hear the wind swirling around her ears. Sounded like natural instrument music.

 

Unrealized the moment, she barely fell asleep on the bench. The cold wind blew her had become the lullaby. She threw away thoughts about catching cold and sick. She only needed time to minimize the pressures during The Red 1st album promotions.

 

Suddenly,

 

"Ouch!"

 

Wendy was jolted. She heard man's groan and a branch cracked sound, but she saw no one there. Who might it be?

 

She got up. She looked around with a fast fluttered heartbeat. Worriness in her wide eyes were visible enough even she was in the dark. She clenched her teeth. Felt uneasy and scared. She gasped when her eyes caught a black tall figure behind the bushes. Could it be a real human? Or...

 

Wendy gulped in and had goosebumps on her back.

 

"W-who's-who is there??" she stuttered. Her mind was imagining ghost would be popping out in front of her. No reply. She tried to get closer to the bushes. A peek of sight wouldn't be hurt, right? Yet, Wendy was...

 

"Oh, My God!" she screamed in English as a tall guy with black hoody jacket suddenly stood in front of her.

 

The guy was patting his back head. Seemed like he had hit his head to something. Wendy squeezed her eyes. Was he...

 

"Hello, excuse me, are you alright?" asked her to the guy. She still couldn't see his face clearly since he put on beenie hat and tilted down his head.

 

The guy didn't answer and finally raised his head up to face Wendy. "Oh my, hello, you..." Wendy started to recognize the figure in front of her.

 

"Mark. GOT7's Mark..." he mumbled almost in whisper. He took off his beenie hat.

 

Wendy clapped her hands. "You are!" she cheered up and bowed, "1-2-3, Happiness~ Hello, I'm Red Velvet's Wendy!"

 

Mark, the guy, replied the bow to her in a hurry. "Come and get it! Hello, I'm GOT7's Mark! Nice to meet you," he said still patting his head. Actually, he felt a little dizzy, that was the reason he didn't stop patting his back head. The other reason... he was too shy to Wendy.

 

The girl in front of him started chuckling cheerfully. Mark's eyebrows furrowed. "Are we in a music show programme or what? All of a sudden, why would we be like this? We're not even in the tv station building-hahahahaha!"

 

Mark grinned and managed himself not to have eye contact with the beautiful girl in front. "Thought that you like formal greeting..." he replied.

 

"You thought? How did you know it?" Wendy tilted her head down and scratched her neck unintentionally. Suddenly her face was like blushed in red.

 

"You're the one greeting me first. The formal one, how should I react? Of course I did the formal one for you too..." Mark's heartbeat began thumping really fast.

 

"Sorry, I think it becomes my habit since I'm the junior..."

 

Mark and Wendy laughed.

 

She is pretty when she smiles and laughs...

 

Oh my, his smile is so sweet and charming!

 

Suddenly they stopped laughing at the same time. And the moment became awkward since both of them were in long silence. Wendy the one who couldn't stand it. She broke the ice.

 

"My oh my, thought that you were a ghost!" Wendy sighed a big relief. She looked at Mark.

 

Mark gasped and turned his face away. "I'm a ghost? How come?"

 

"Well..." Wendy hesitated, "Since... it's 1 in the midnight and most of people are having-ah-celebrating Chuseok Holidays, I thought that no one would be here..."

 

"Wait a minute, what were you even doing in here? Why are you alone?" Mark cut in. He finally remembered thing he wanted to ask to her in the first place.

 

"Me? I was on my way to my dorm there, and all of my members had gone home to celebrate Chuseok with their families." Wendy pointed the building behind Mark. "Then... what were you doing here? Where are your members?" she asked Mark in curiosity, "Is... your dorm near here too?? Where is it? We're practically neighbours then!"

 

Mark shook his head. "No... my dorm isn't here. Mine is... oh, suddenly I forget the name of the street. But obviously, 5 blocks from here is JYP's office and studio. Me and my members just had a comeback practice. I left them a while to be here."

 

"I see... Well... what were you doing back then?" Wendy realized that Mark was still patting his back head sometimes, "Does it hurt?? You alright? Take a seat here!"

 

Mark nodded and took a seat on the bench. Wendy followed him. "How did you hurt yourself?" she asked him.

 

Mark leaned his back and exhaled a deep breath. "I was practicing here. I heard your footsteps. I thought that I might catch bad guy like gangsters or robbers or any bad guys here while they try to hide from people."

 

Wendy dropped her jaw slightly. "You what?? You're watching movies too much!" she laughed.

 

"Yo, it is midnight and at time like this, I use to find myself really alone here. I come here a lot." Mark tried to defence.

 

"What were you practicing?" Wendy seemed like she still got her curiosity.

 

"My MMA moves. I'm in charge of martial arts," Mark whispered. Suddenly he was shy about his little accident.

 

Wendy was amazed. "You're the MMA-Boy of GOT7! You're right, now I remember it! That's cool then..."

 

Mark smiled. He actually felt really nervous since Wendy was his first female idol he had to meet accidentaly alone in non-working hours. Awkward and nervous at the same time. They were remaining in silence again.

 

"Oh! Now that I just mentioned it, I do remember you're the one who made a slow motion cartwheel move on stage, right?" Wendy's eyes were twinkling.

 

So cute, thought Mark. He nodded shyly.

 

"Can you teach me how to do it?? I really wanted to do that since my childhood back then. But, I just can't until now. Don't know why..." confessed Wendy in a sad tone.

 

Mark giggled. "Why would you want to do that??" asked him in disbelief. He found the girl had unusual things in mind.

 

Wendy bit her lip in a cute way. "I... don't know? Seeing guys do it is just so awesome to me. So I want to try one some day. Can't I?"

 

Mark smiled. "You can if you insist. But may be if you do it for the first time it won't be too easy. Actually kind of dangerous. You sure want to do it?"

 

"Can you show me once?" asked Wendy.

 

Mark hesitated. Suddenly he felt so nervous. "Well... I haven't had any cartwheel move lately... That was for our 'Girls Girls Girls' song back in early 2014..."

 

Wendy pouted her lips. "You can't do it now? It's okay, may be next time, sorry for too much asking you about that-hhehe..." she said jokingly.

 

Mark froze. Even though the girl said it in a cool way, he didn't want her to think of it as refusal. "I'll do one!" said Mark to the girl, as he stood up, "I'll do one which appeared in 'Just Right' stage performance."

 

Wendy brightened again. "Ah! I know which one it is! I had seen it while hosting Simply KPop 2 months ago! Your group performed it!" she got up and stood beside him.

 

Mark nodded and replied, "Yes, that flipping jump trick. Alright, I'll do it now, please step backward a bit. This can be so dangerous if you're too close stand beside me." Mark gave the girl a sign to not going anywhere and just watch him in her place.

 

"Wait! Were you fell down and accidentally hit your head before?? Are you feeling good now??" exclaimed Wendy out of the blue while Mark was getting ready. The tall and skinny guy was about to walk. He looked back at her in confuse. "Don't you think you must go to see doctor??" Wendy was worrying Mark. "Oh my, what should I do to you..."

 

Mark giggled. "Now, how am I supposed to answer all of your questions?"

 

"Sorry..." replied Wendy in English.

 

"Actually, I'm fine now. I just slipped down and my head hit the ground, but it's... it's nothing to worry about," Mark seemed lost in his words. He forgot some words in Korean. "Alright, can I jump now?" he said after remembering line he wanted to say.

 

"Oh, sure! Please be really careful!" Wendy cheered the shy guy.

 

Mark nodded again and he then began to walk away from Wendy. Not quite in distance, just about 8 steps away. “I'm doing it!" shouted him to the girl. The girl approved. Mark ran and did the cool flipping high jump trick like 10 seconds.

 

The guy landed successfully. He was proud of himself. No single mistake. Even his heartbeat was thumping like crazy because he did it in front of the beautiful girl.

 

"Woah, daebak! You looked like flying and floating in the air!" Wendy was amazed of Mark's flip. She even gave him a loud applause. "That was so cool!" she kept praising him, "Oh, let's have a seat again."

 

Mark smiled shyly. He tried not to have another eye contact with Wendy since the girl still staring at him in awe. He had to escape from her gaze, or else he would be very very shy and start doing stupid things like stuttering or freezing in manequine mode. He came closer while tilting down his head. Looking straight to the ground and placed his seat spot. Beside Wendy. His ears and cheeks were red.

 

He got an ice breaker. "Your Korean sounds English. You're the one who came from... Canada, right?" Mark was sounded like he knew nothing about the girl. To be honest, he knew some about her.

 

Wendy nodded. "Yeah, I came from Toronto. You came from L.A, right? South California?"

 

"How did you know?" Mark was surprised.

 

"Changsub Sunbae-nim?"

 

"BToB? He is my hyung's old friend, Peniel. How did you two know each other?"

 

"We just met about... 2 weeks ago? May be? I can't remember it exactly. We were recording a special episode for We Got Married Chuseok edition. He told me that Peniel-ssi is your friend since both of you from L.A."

 

"Yeah. Well... he was in JYP before moved to Cube."

 

There was another silence for a moment.

 

"Your Korean sounds like a foreigner too. Sorry, you are not Korean, right?" Wendy took initiate first to talk.

 

"I'm Taiwanese. Sorry for my bad Korean."

 

Wendy smiled. "No, it's okay. Well then, may be it's best if we just speak in English. What do you think?" she suggested.

 

"I accept that, Wendy-ssi." Mark replied in English.

 

"You seem to be a quiet person. But what I see right now it's obviously not," Wendy threw another chuckle. Somehow she felt relief when she spoke in English.

 

Mark joined in, "And you're obviously loud! And talkative, you make me keep talking to you!"

 

Wendy quieted down. "Do I?" her eyes looked straight to Mark and blinked for two times. Made the guy felt butterflies in his stomach. "Well... sorry then. You must've been not that like to talk with other people, right?" she mumbled softly.

 

Somehow, hearing the girl's last lines, made Mark feel sorry to her. "Oh My God, no! T-that's-that's not what I mean! I... I was-I was just jokingly saying that! I... I like talking to you! A lot!"

 

Great. Mark was stuttering and got panic at the same time. So that he finally spilled words he wanted to keep in mind. But those were like a second ago.

 

Wendy spaced out. What did he just say?

 

"I... I mean, well... just forget it. I see you are here while everybody is celebrating their Chuseok Holidays. You can't fly back to Toronto?" Mark changed the subject.

 

Wendy seemed have no idea about it. She nodded. "Yes. My company only gives us one day off, tomorrow, and it's not even for 24 hours day off. Since... we still have so much The Red 1st album promotions off air for the next day. We do have a hectic schedule, you know?" Wendy laughed. She couldn't believe how snob that was sounded. She just tried to get closer to the person she was talking with.

 

Since she didn't like feel distance or awkward either to every people she would meet often in the same working industry.

 

Mark gave her 'what in the-' look. But then he grinned widely. He liked that girl. Really-liked-her.

 

"I see. Your 'dumb dumb' song is doing really great these days. I must confess, I have listened all the tracks and they are addictive," said Mark while looking Wendy's eyes. Those adorable eyes. He thought that he could handle the feeling of butterflies inside his stomach everytime he took a glance to those eyes.

 

Wendy smiled even brighter than she had before. "Really?? You do?? Wow, thank's a lot!"

 

Mark hummed a bit and looked away. He felt his ears and cheeks were hot. They might get red, he thought.

 

Meanwhile, Wendy was struggling with her feelings too. She had skipped so many beats just for 15 minutes talking with Mark. She found that the quiet B-Boy of GOT7 finally talked a lot with her that night.

 

"What about you? I mean... they didn't give you any day off for Chuseok?" asked Wendy.

 

Mark shook his head. "Got comeback practices to be done and all of my members actually were given a chance to go home but we decided to stay together since it's our fastest comeback. We all want it to be perfect."

 

"That's great! As idols I do think sometimes we have to sacrifice things to do our best. Even though it is hard and breaking our heart as son and daughter. At least it's a competition for Red Velvet and GOT7 last year too, right?"

 

Mark laughed. "You got a point!"

 

"Hey, Mark, actually- Oh, can I call you like that? I think I'm just being so rude to you since anyhow you're still our senior..." Wendy felt uneasy about it. That was right. Mark was the part of GOT7 which the group had debuted first than Wendy's. Even though it was in the same year.

 

Mark laughed again and calmly said, "Please, be comfortable. We debuted in the same year and performed together as rookie of last year, didn't we?"

 

Wendy smiled and continued her lines, "Well... you said you're going to have a comeback, right? I... I heard your group's first comeback stage will be tomorrow. Is that right?"

 

Mark nodded. "Yeah. Our first schedule will be on M!Countdown. That's why I decide to be here. Healing time for myself. Why?"

 

Wendy's heart was fluttering even faster than she realized. "Nothing, just wanna say 'fighting for your comeback!' that's all."

 

"Thank's! I'll make sure to give you our signed cd just like how you did when you made comeback on early September. You gave it to Jinyoung-ssi, right?"

 

"Yes. He and the cute boy, Ba..."

 

"Bambam? The cute boy??" Mark surprised. Im cuter though

 

Wendy chuckled. "Yeah, they were the MCs for that show, right? So when we were in M!Countdown we gave ours to them. And obviously you had listened to it, hadn't you?"

 

"Yes. I did it some weeks ago. Your voice is beautiful."

 

Wendy blushed in red. She never thought that the quiet guy would say some words about her vocal. "Thank you," she said softly. She was in silence for another three seconds and then, "Actually, you rap is great too! I really wanted to rap someday! Hahahahaha..." Wendy found herself imagining how she would do some rap one day.

 

"Thank's!" said Mark while giggling. "Hey, I think your rap won't be bad. Try it, I'll give you some advice later!" Mark gave his idea.

 

"I don't think it's okay for now-hahahahaha-we'll do it later? I'll still be in too much lacking I guess..." Wendy shook her head. She was really shy actually. What a situation! She never lost her confidence before.

 

Mark nodded. "Alright then, if you say so, it means we'll have to see each other more often, don't you think?" Mark grinned and quickly looked away. He didn't know how in the world he had spilled those words. Again. Sounded too cheesy?

 

Wendy froze. Well... she liked the idea so much! But... could that be possible? She thought about dating word and her company's rule about dating prohibition which would lead them to scandal issues, fanswar, but those were like much far away to think about! She came back to her sense. Getting know Mark wouldn't be that bad for her, right? Since they were young and young people should be friends with others as much as they could!

 

"Wendy-ssi?"

 

Wendy used to be known as the friendliest person among her group's members. And she had no second thought about it at all, because it was how she had lived for all the time! She was an easy going and cheerful person. But when it came to this guy... this charming SoCal B-Boy Mark... she couldn't think easy and straight just like she used to be!

 

Why?

 

"Wendy?"

 

Why couldn't she just nodd to the idea? Like the way she nodded when EXO's Chen and Henry Super Junior M asked her phone number to be closer as friends, since both of them were in the same company. Why she couldn't just think that Mark was having the same idea with Chen's and Henry's? In any other way, Wendy and Mark weren't like really don't know each other. They did know each other, aware of each other because they used to be at the same music shows or same music events for several times. Could that be because of...

 

"Wendy-ssi!"

 

Wendy came back to her sense and found the handsome guy was staring at her in worry. Made her body tingling.

 

"You alright? I've called your name like three times and you seem out of space. What's wrong?" asked Mark.

 

Wendy tried her best not to be nervous. "I... I'm a-alright! I just... suddenly I remembered about some stuffs. At dorm."

 

"Oh, can it be your time to go back?" asked Mark. He looked at his watch and nodded. "You're right, it's too much late for girl, you should be back now. Come on, I'll take a walk with you to your dorm building there."

 

Wendy hesitated. She thought a lot. A guy escorted her to dorm? Would it be okay for both side companies? What should she do? Rejected it or approved it? If she rejected, she would feel so bad about it. If she approved it, what if their fans or her fans took their picture and made it as public idols scandal in internet? She was like clueless and scared at the same time.

 

Mark noticed this. "I know you think about this a lot right now, but please don't get me wrong. I won't be like use this situation so that someday I can go straight to your dorm and say hello without your permission. Or if you are worry about fans, let's be all completely in undercover mode. We'll walk very cautious and in a distance. Not that far but I still can see you in front. I'll stalk you from behind and just want to make sure you'll get in your dorm safely."

 

"Why?" asked Wendy. She looked straight to the handsome face in front of her. Whom was busy putting on his nose mask and beenie hat. "Why would you do this to me?"

 

Mark looked back to the girl standing in front of him, "I'm a gentleman. How in the world I will let a beautiful girl walk to her dorm alone? I'll never do that. My father taught me a lot about it."

 

Wendy was officially flying up to the sky upon hearing those words. That was so nice of him! She liked it a lot.

 

"Come on, let's go!" he said again as he raised his hoody jacket to cover his head. "Wait!" Mark held Wendy's left arm, "You haven't put on your nose mask and snapback! You took it off earlier, didn't you?"

 

Wendy realized it and nodded. "Wait, I'll put these on."

 

Mark helped Wendy when the girl was having a hard time putting on her nose mask. Somehow her hands was trembling so much. It was because of Mark whom standing in front of her too close.

 

"Done," said the guy. "Please, take your walk first."

 

Wendy shook her head. "No, let's walk together side by side. I think it'll be more fun and... usual?"

 

Mark smiled. "Whatever you like, Wendy-ssi..."

 

 

 

The two walked to Wendy's dorm side by side. They passed the path in silence. Well, not much silence since Wendy couldn't hold it. She made a comfortable conversation with the tall guy. They talked about life as idols which they experienced after they came to South Korea. And Mark was liking her even more. He found the girl was so much fun and easy going about everything.

 

He wanted that comfort she had. For real. He had fallen to Wendy's charms. To him, Wendy was the type of girl who would take care other people a lot. Especially for the people whom close to her and he would really really love it to be one of!

 

His ideal type would always be the girl who he feels comfort with. Wendy was the one. For sure.

 

"Oh, we have arrived, look how fast time is going!" said Wendy while checking her watch. It was 2.15 a.m.

 

Mark checked his watch and replied, "You're right. It is so late, I'm so sorry. We should've gone back like 30 minutes ago."

 

Wendy refused, "No-no, it is my fault." She smiled brightly. Made the guy think, how would the girl be like when she was exhausted.

 

She is an energizer.

 

"I'm the one asking you around to do some martial art tricks and all of those blah blah things we had earlier. I... was having fun," said Wendy almost in whisper. She looked away from him to the building in front of them.

 

Mark giggled. "I was having so much fun too. Thank's. Having a conversation with you made my nervous gone for a while. I forgot that the next day we'll have our comeback."

 

"Oh, that's a relief. I'm glad I can help you? Hahahahaha..." laughed the girl cheerfully. "Oh, I forgot to ask you about this before. Sure you okay with this? I mean... weren't your members and manager looking for you? Since... you haven't got back to your dorm instead of walking me here."

 

"I'm fine. All of them are aware that it's one of my habbits when comeback day is coming closer." Mark smiled once again and looked at the building as well. "You must get in now, it's getting cold out here."

 

Wendy and Mark looked into the building through the glass of the automatic door. It was dark. Wendy gulped in and Mark noticed this.

 

If it wasn't because of her troublemakers maknae duo-Joy and Yeri-told her about creepy things they had when entering the building in midnight, she wouldn't be scared! She believed in God, hell knows that. It was just because of the fact that she lived in Seoul, not Toronto anymore, she began to believe those things are existed.

 

"You okay?" Mark's voice was startled her for a while.

 

"Y-yes, I'm fine. I'll just get going in and you can go back to your dorm as well. T-thank you so much and so sorry for troubling you in like this." Wendy was trembling and stuttering.

 

"No-no, it's okay. I'm fine. Alright then. I'll get going too..." said Mark. But nothing happened.

 

Silence for a while.

 

Mark hesitated. He tried to move his legs more but the heavier he got.

 

He turned to face Wendy. He looked at the girl whom looked back at him too. "I'll go after you have got into the building. Kind of rude to me if you see me going away while you're here alone."

 

Wendy chuckled. But actually she was scared to death imagining get into the dark building by herself! What to do?

 

"I'm fine.... Really!" she tried her best to make it sounded like naturally calm. "Like REALLY??" said Wendy while rolling her eyes. She was nervous and embarassed at the same time. She couldn't hold it anymore.

 

Mark smiled. It was nothing but this, "Sure you don't want me to walk with you inside? Only if you want to!" He offered her his companion once again.

 

Wendy answered him like a fast lightning, "That'll do, thank's!"

 

Both of them laughed together at the same time.

 

"Okay, ladies first!" said Mark as the guy walked first so that the automatic door opened.

 

Wendy fluttered. She liked his gentle side. And Mark, he liked the comfort of being with the girl around. They entered an elevator and stood in distance side by side. Silence kept remaining while they were in the elevator.

 

Wendy felt awkward. She would never lost in silence. "Mark, actually, I always admire how you rap. Sounds cool."

 

Mark choked. He blinked his eyes two times to her. "I'm what??" asked him in shock.

 

Wendy chuckled and replied, "Well, I always like hip hop musics as well, so when it comes to the rap part I was like... Can I do it on stage sometime?"

 

"Why not? Remember you sang Yanghwa Bridge back in L.A? That was beautiful and awesome. You got that rapper vibe, Wendy."

 

"Really? Thank's..."

 

Another silence. But then, they had reached the floor where Wendy's dorm on. The elevator's door opened and both of them walked out of it. Mark faced Wendy beside him, so did the girl.

 

"Well... we are here. My dorm is over there," said Wendy as pointed a door straight of their standing position. "Should I make you a cup of hot chocolate?"

 

"No, thank's. I'm fine. I'll just grab one on my way later." Mark smiled and patted his left arm. Feeling nervous.

 

Wendy nodded. She smiled and bowed. "Thank's for your companion. Thank you for everything earlier, I was having so much fun. Fighting for your comeback!" cheered the girl. "Oh! Please be really careful when you're going back to your dorm. Should I call you a taxi?" Wendy felt uneasy since the guy had helped her a lot.

 

Mark replied her bow and answered, "I'm fine, really. Thank's to you too, I was having fun. Well..." he tilted down his head. Sometimes he looked around. Nobody was there except both of them! He was embarassed of the thing he wanted to say. His heartbeat began thumping like crazy all over again.

 

"Yes?" asked Wendy in curious. She knew that Mark was about to say something.

 

"I... I..." Mark stuttered. What am I doing?? Jeez, Mark, do it well! This is the right time!

 

"Uh-huh?" Wendy seemed clueless.

 

What the hell, just hit it!

 

"I'll see you soon, Wendy Son!" whispered Mark as he turned his body and ran into the elevator. He bowed for the last time before the door closed. His face was red.

 

Wendy gasped. "What in the world..." she mumbled as the tall figure in front of her was slowly fading away. She could do nothing but a wide smile appeared on her pretty face.

 

That guy was cute!

 

And handsome!

 

And charming and sweet and...

 

"Son Seungwan-ssi!"

 

Wendy startled as her leader was staring at her in shock. "Oh, My God! What a sudden! I-Irene Unnie?? What are you doing here??" asked Wendy as she ran closer to the older girl whom standing in front of their dorm’s door.

 

"You're the one who should explain to me, where the heck have you been??" asked Irene while crossing her arms.

 

“Huh?? Me??” Wendy pretended that she didn’t hear the older girl’s question.

 

“Yes, you!” replied Irene as the girl in front of her looked in confuse.

 

“Well, I-I… Unnie, I thought that you’ve gone to Daegu already! How come you’re still here??” as pathetic it was sounded, Wendy tried her best to avoid the main topic Irene brought. Her face was suddenly blushing.

 

Irene smirked and calmly explained, “I told everybody that I changed my mind. I’m not going home today, so I was at the dorm all night long, sleeping.”

 

Wendy pinched her left arm. How come I forget about it??

 

Irene laughed. She couldn’t hold it anymore. Made the dark brown hair girl in front of her startled. “What are you trying to hide from me? Actually, I saw it all…” she said cutely.

 

Wendy’s eyes widened. “You what??”

 

Irene grinned and turned her body away. She walked into the dorm followed by Wendy behind her. She explained, “I saw you with that charming L.A Boy~”

 

Wendy gasped. “Unnie! Please, don’t tell anyone, pleaseeeee!!!”

 

“Wendy-ya, of course I won’t tell anyone! What kind of Unnie do you think I am?” Irene complained with a sad face.

 

Wendy felt guilty. “I-I’m so sorry, Unnie… I-I didn’t mean it…”

 

Irene chuckled. She became more and more like to tease the Canadian member. “Wendy-ya,” she called the younger girl’s name, “I won’t tell anyone in company.”

 

Wendy sighed a relief.

 

“I’ll only tell Joy and Yeri!” Irene ran into her room in a lightning speed and locked the door. She left the startled Wendy alone in the living room throwing a tantrum.

 

“Irene Unnie!!!! That’s even the worst idea of all!!!”

 

 

*FIN*