The Day Of

The Day Of
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Saturday: The Day of Cuddling

“You guys are already drunk!” Donghae exclaimed, running up to the overly affectionate couple.  Behind him, the rest of the group slowly trailed behind, gradually filling the empty seats around table.

“I’m not!” Kyuhyun chirped.

Sitting by his side was Ryeowook, who lazily lifted his free hand to wave at his hyungs, before once again tightly wrapping his arms around the younger man's thin waist.  Kyuhyun smiled fondly at his lover cute actions, gently placing a soft kiss on the top of his raven head.

"Fine.  Ryeowookie is already drunk!"

"I'm barely even tipsy." the shorter man murmured, sighing blissfully as he pressed his cheek against his boyfriend's warm chest. "I'm just a little tired from helping my parents move furniture and driving back from Incheon."

Hearing this, some of the more nurturing hyungs stood from their seats, attempting to approach the couple due to their concerns for the eternal maknae of the group. Yet, Kyuhyun shot them all a nasty glare. "My Ryeonggu," he muttered protectively, tightening his hold on his lover. Ryeowook smiled softly, nuzzling into Kyuhyun's chest to show his appreciation. Some of the others cooed at the sight of their sweet embrace, whilst others (mainly Heechul and Hyukjae) groaned.

"Isn't young love beautiful?" Siwon smiled, glancing around at the others.  "It's as the Lord says, 'Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends."

"Right..." Shindong trailed off, ignoring Siwon as the Christian muttered a quick prayer.  "So who's ready for some dancing?"

A few members of the group quickly leaped to their feet, chattering with excitement as they followed the bigger man to the club's dance floor. On the other hand, some of the others decided to head towards the bar with the intention of consuming a few drinks in order to loosen up before inevitably making a fool of themselves. At the table, Henry remained seated, happily watching as the typical roles were reversed with Kyuhyun constantly fussing over Ryeowook. Despite the raven haired man's obvious distaste towards Kyuhyun's nagging, he leaned closer into their embrace, nearly taking up half of his lover's seat for himself.

"Aren't you guys going to dance? Get another drink?"

"Maybe later? Kyu is so comfy. I think I could stay like this forever."

With a laugh, Kyuhyun teasingly ruffled Ryeowook's hair before sharing a chaste kiss. "As much as I'd like that, I don't think my back would be very happy. Besides, didn't you say you wanted to have some fun tonight?"

"Mmmm that's true. But it's the day of cuddling, so we should stay like this a little bit longer."

Henry cocked his eyebrow. "Day of Cuddling?" he repeated questioningly, meeting eyes with a bemused Kyuhyun who only shrugged in response before turning back to gaze adoringly at his lover. 

"I haven't told you about it? Well, it goes like this..."

 

Monday: The Day of Wearing Purple

Rather than being awakened by the routinely shower of kisses, Kyuhyun’s eyes flew wide open as he felt the weight of his older (albeit more petite) boyfriend suddenly land stomach first on the small of his back, followed by an excessively cheerful “wake up Kyu!”  Despite his whines, the other’s incessant cheering continued at an even greater volume.

“No!” The still sleepy man shouted back, pulling the warm duvet over the top of his head.  “It’s too early!”

Not one to accept being ignored, Ryeowook instead began to roll around on the younger man’s back, snickering as Kyuhyun’s whines and protests amplified.  “Come on.  Your first class starts in an hour and I already let you sleep in a little more than usual.”

The younger man let out an inaudible muffle as he shoved his face deeper within the safety of his pillows.  With an annoyed huff, Ryeowook scrambled off his boyfriend and their shared bed.

“Fine.  Be that way!  But don’t say I didn’t warn you!”

If they were in the same situation when they were first dating, Kyuhyun would have silently basked in his hollow victory as he happily drifted off to slumber land once more.  But that was nearly three years ago and the younger man was fully aware of the type of plans that were running through his boyfriend’s devious mind.  Just as he felt the small, familiar pair of hands tightly wrap themselves around his uncovered ankles, Kyuhyun quickly reached forward, bracing himself as he tightened his grip around the thin wooden bars of the bed’s headboard.  As expected, Ryeowook was once again using the forceful tactic- an attempt to utilize his unexpected strength to drag him out of bed.

"Let me sleep in!"

"No. Way. In. Hell." Ryeowook shouted back with each tug.  "Last time I let you sleep in, you wouldn't stop complaining about how you were so close to acing your calculus quiz.  Get. Up!"

"I promise I won't complain this time!" 

"Liar! That's what you said last time too!"

With each pull, Kyuhyun felt his grip gradually weaken.  Before he knew it, he found himself half hanging on the bed and half lying on top of his victorious lover. "Get a move on Kyu!" was all he heard as he was forced upright.

Crossing his arms over his chest with a huff, Kyuhyun glanced at the shorter boy, his lower lip jutting out with a pitiful pout.  "I liked it better before you started working out with Hyukjae." he whined.

"Is that so? I'll be sure to remind you of this conversation the next time you want to do another one of your "in-depth analysis" of my abdominal muscles for your non-existent human anatomy courses," Regardless of his slightly frustrated tone, Ryeowook beamed proudly at the younger boy, tip-toeing as he lightly pressed his lips on the drowsy boy's cheek. "Now be the good Kyu that I know you're capable of being and go get ready for your classes while I make some breakfast.  I even picked out your clothes for the day so you could sleep in a little longer."

"Yes umma," Kyuhyun teased, leaning downwards to properly share his good morning kiss with his boyfriend, who squealed in disgust at the younger man's morning breath, before shuffling towards the bathroom.  Just as the bathroom door clicked shut, his lips curved upwards into his typical mischievous smirk.  It was fun to mess with his boyfriend, even if it was far too early in the morning.

~ * ~

Ryeowook was cheerfully humming as he slathered a generous amount of jam on the toasted multigrain bread.  Despite Kyuhyun's sporadic protest of the bread tasting like "dirty workout clothes stashed under Donghae's bed", the younger male continued to purchase (and consume) said bread without much complaint.  The older man grinned.  Perhaps he should bake an unnecessarily large chocolate cake for his lover as a thank you for dealing with his current healthy eating craze.  In his mind, Ryeowook began listing what ingredients he would need to pick up at the grocery store later, only to have his train of thought broken by Kyuhyun's uncharacteristic squeak.

"What's this?" Kyuhyun's voice grew louder as he trailed into the kitchen, waving the dark purple sweater in one hand.  "I don't recognize it."

"It's new!  I was shopping with Sungmin-hyung last week when I saw it.  The giant shark suits you quite nicely and it's cashmere!"

"I think what drew your attention was the color, not the shark or fabric type," Kyuhyun eyed the oversized purple cardigan that was seemed to be swallowing his lover.  "Are you doing that again?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." the older man muttered defensively, turning his attention away from his lover and back to the bread and jam.  "It's a little chilly out and this cardigan just happened to be the one that I picked."

"Hah! You even know what I'm talking about.  I know you Ryeonggu and there's no way this is just a coincidence," Kyuhyun crept behind Ryeowook, back hugging his smaller frame as he peered over his boyfriend's shoulder to watch him prepare their simple breakfast.  However, what caught his eye was the nearly unused bottle of jam.  "You even bought a new bottle of jelly!  We still have strawberry jelly in the refrigerator that's practically untouched."

"Jam isn't the same thing as jelly.  And besides, I thought we should try something new-"

"You bought blackberry jelly because it's purple! I knew it!  And now you're going to declare today as-" Before he could finish his sentence, Ryeowook suddenly spun around.  A piece of the fruit covered toast was haphazardly shoved into his mouth, instantly shutting him up.  

"Happy Day of Wearing Purple!" Ryeowook finished cheerfully, diving into his own breakfast.  "I love purple."

"It's a decent color, I suppose," the younger man answered back, bits and pieces of his breakfast flying around.  "Is this "day of" thing going to go on all week again?"

"Yes!" a pause came.  "You're not mad are you?"

"Admittedly, I much prefer strawberry jelly to blackberry jelly," Kyuhyun teased, glancing amusedly at his overly solicitous lover.   Leaning forwards, the younger male planted a gentle kiss on the tip of Ryeowook's nose.  "However, I think I'll let it slide this time.  After all, I'm quite fond of sharks and cashmere sweaters.  And you of course."

 

Tuesday: The Day of Holding Hands

Although the university campus was accepting of all couples regardless of gender, bystanders and fellow students continued to gaze the two's interlocking hands.  The same stares continued at the bus stop...and on the bus...and while standing in line for some caffeine...and even as the two blended in with the rest of the college population during their stroll across the university campus towards the performing arts building. 

"I know it's the day of holding hands, but isn't this a little excessive?"

"Should I let go then?" The older man questioned, cocking one eyebrow.  The brunette, pausing momentarily, slowly shook his head no, his cheeks flushing as Ryeowook grinned back teasingly, obnoxiously swinging their connected hands back and forth.  "Then it isn't excessive! We shouldn't let go of the other's hand today, unless it's absolutely necessary, like going to our separate classes or using the restroom."  And their stroll continued, with either male lovingly squeezing the other's hand every so often, even as they stood amongst the bustling crowd waiting in front of the elevator.

"It's just...last week I promised Changmin that we'd go multiplayer tonight."

"Go on."

The elevator finally reached the bottom floor, its doors sliding open as the patrons' made their way out one by one.  As some of the new passengers began to shuffle in, Kyuhyun continued to voice out his concerns while Ryeow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter