They love you, I promise

Scrapbook Part I

 

 

They were huddled close together on the couch, a warm blanket draped over them. It wrapped them like a red plaid cocoon. The autumn was beginning to turn to winter and fog was swirling right outside the windows of the apartment. Inside, the pair were toasty, snuggly, lightly making out with one another. Lips upon lips, they cuddled and kissed. Hot hands burrowed under the thick cotton sweater that Wendy was wearing, the slim fingers traced her skin with invisible ink. She moaned at the contact and gently bit Seulgi’s bottom lip with her teeth, pulling it and enticing a moan from the delicate, long throat.

“You taste good and feel good tonight,” Seulgi groaned with muffled voice through her bee-bitten lips.

Wendy nodded, mischief flashing in her eyes. She, still attached to Seulgi’s mouth, nibbled gently and felt the soft tremble rock through Seulgi’s body. Her beautiful eyes closed and Wendy finally let the plump lips go with a pop and whispered, “I’m feeling a bit vampiric tonight.”

“I could tell,” Seulgi replied, her lips pouty and red.

“You tasted good too, I couldn’t help myself.”

Seulgi nodded and slid her hand further up Wendy’s sweater, “Your skin is electric.”

“There’s something further south that feels electric  too right now. I feel like a livewire, do you want to feel?” Wendy took Seulgi’s hand in her own and guided it to the top of her thigh, “You can figure out what to do next, right Sweet Thing?”

“I think I’ve got it under control,” Seulgi replied sharply, her fingers descending.

Wendy moved to her ear and bit the lobe ferociously.

“Ouch,” Seulgi said, “You’re teethy tonight. You were right about being a vampire.”

Wendy used her tongue to lave over the offended skin, “Sorry, just wanted to check to see who’s in control.”

Seulgi moved her hand to Wendy’s inner thigh, teasing her, “I thought I had it under control, but you’ve enchanted me so fully tonight that I feel that I’m most certainly wrong. You definitely have the control,”  Seulgi chuckled in delight as Wendy tried to move her body so that Seulgi’s hand was nearer to the desired location. She spread her fingers over the though and waited. She could tell that her tongue-in-cheek statement and touch was having the correct effect on Wendy’s body, time for the closer, “You have complete control right now, I will always respect you. Your wishes will be granted.  I want to touch you but your body is yours. Tell me what you need.”

“You’re using reverse psychology, Jedi Mind tricks,” Wendy whispered, “Star Wars nerd.”

Seulgi’s fingertips brushed gently, closer to the right spot, “Mmm, you love Star Wars too, but yeah that’s what I’m doing. But I was honest, you’ve got control.”

“Thank you for saying that.”

“You’re welcome, now will you kiss me again?”

“Sure, as long as you touch me,” Wendy answered, brushing her lips slightly over Seulgi’s, “And I know you respect me, baby. I respect your body too, and I definitely want you to touch me right now.”

“That’s what I want to do as well. You’re really good at kissing,” Seulgi agreed, “And touching you, feeling you is a dream.”

With that, Wendy moved in to kiss Seulgi again. She used her tongue to part the precious lips and felt as Seulgi slid her hand to just the right place, her fingers dancing lightly against the waistband of the underwear she was wearing. Wendy groaned at the contact and pressed herself further, closer to Seulgi’s body. She sat up on her knees and swung her leg over Seulgi’s, effectively straddling her.

The room was heated, they were melting together, and just as they were both losing control, the phone suddenly rang. They broke apart at the loud tone of the phone. Seulgi moved her hands to Wendy’s hips and sighed deeply. Their activities stopped completely and they both looked to the phone on the coffee table, Wendy strained her neck turning to look at the offensive object.

“Why does this always happen?” Seulgi asked as she listened to the shrill ring, “Who’s calling, can you see the screen?”

“I’m not sure,” Wendy said. She glanced back at the the caller idea on the cell phone, “Your mom?”

“What?”

“It’s your mother.”

Seulgi removed her hands from Wendy’s hips, “We’d better answer.”

They both took a deep breath.

Wendy unhooked herself from around Seulgi’s body.

They both heaved a big sigh at their failed attempt at intimacy and then Seulgi picked up the phone, “Hello? Umma?”

 

-----

 

“…..Don’t worry, Mom, we’ll get your tickets. I’m paying for them so you won’t have to worry about anything, just packing. We’re planning everything carefully.”

The woman on the other side spoke through the phone whose speaker was , “It would be good to have something here though, right? Wouldn’t that be better? Nicer? More convenient? Everyone would already be here except for her family.”

“Yes, I think so too,” Mr. Kang whispered into the phone.

Mrs. Kang hummed, “Flying in her family would be simpler, right? Or am I wrong?”

“You’re not wrong,” Mr. Kang replied, “But looks like we’ll be traveling anyway.”

Wendy appeared solemn after that statement. Seulgi sighed. They were going to end up upsetting Seungwan and she wasn’t going to let them.

“Mom, Dad, Wendy is sitting here and she can hear both of you,” Seulgi moved her hand over to the hand lying next to hers on the couch. Sheentwined her fingers with Wendy’s and sent a reassuring smile her way, “Listen,” she continued, “It would be nice to have it here as well, but we can’t. We’re not at a point where it would be legal to do it here and I want to make sure we’re thinking of Wendy’s parents too. It will be fun for everyone to travel. And besides that, it’s going to be nice wherever we are. You’ve gotten the chance to spend time with us. Wendy hasn’t seen her parents in a long time. Please understand.”

The phones were silent until Mrs. Kang spoke up.

“I do understand. I’m sorry, Seungwan. Please don’t be offended. We’re not progressive enough here for a wedding like this. I’m still getting used to it as well. And I know you miss home, we’ve even talked about that. I wasn’t thinking.”

“I’m sorry too,” Mr. Kang said.

“I’m not offended Mr. and Mrs. Kang,” Wendy explained carefully, “I promise it will be a nice wedding. Seulgi and I are a team and we want something special. We’ll figure out an option that suits everyone. The only thing you’ll need to worry about is getting to the airport when the time comes. I hope it won’t be a burden on you.”

“It won’t be, Thank you for letting my statements slide, Wendy. You know how much I care about you, don’t you?”

“Yes,” Mrs. Kang, “I know.”

“You’re an unexpected surprise but you’ll be part of our family and we’re going to welcome you. Should I make a list of people we should invite? I want to be helpful.”

“We just want close family, mom,” Seulgi said, “But make a list. We’ll have a party for everyone else we can’t invite. And keep this under wraps, only the people closest to us know. We don’t want the press getting in on the fun.”

“Okay, Seulgi, I’ll let you go for now. Call me tomorrow.”

“Ok, mom, love you.”

“Love you both, bye.”

“Bye Mrs. Kang,” Wendy said, and then the phone went dead.

Seulgi took a deep breath and spoke, “Well, that’s that.”

“But I don’t think they were happy to have it in another country. You’re mom seemed fine at the end, but your Dad didn’t say much,” Wendy explained.

Seulgi breathed a sigh and leaned back into the couch and closer to the warm comfort beside her. Wendy stayed quiet.

Seulgi looked to Wendy and wrapped her arm around the small waist, “My parents are supportive of us, but they’re reserved. They had a difficult time at first when I came out a few years ago, but it’s our society that makes them that way. They’ve accepted me and I’m grateful.”

“Are you sure they like me though?” She leaned on Seulgi’s arm in need of the gentle touch.

“You’ve talked to them haven’t you?”

“Yes, especially your mom. I called her a lot when you were away, and we talked when you were recovering from your accident. I liked spending time with them when they were here after the engagement.”

“They love you, I promise.”

“Okay, I worry about your Dad though,” Wendy said, biting her lip.

“He wanted a son-in-law,” Seulgi said straightforwardly.

“Well that’s great,” Wendy groaned.

“That’s what he wanted,” Seulgi continued, “But not what he’s getting, and he’s known that for years. He cares about you, and knows I’m in love with you. I’ve talked to him a lot about you. He knows where I stand, he knows my thoughts. He also knows that he’s not going to get a son-in-law, he’s getting you and he cares for you even if he’s not the best with words.”

Wendy leaned into Seulgi’s touch, “A quiet soul?”

“Mm,” Seulgi answered, “Quiet and strong. He gets me and he gets you too. He accepts you in his own way, I promise.”

“I hope so,” Wendy said.

“He does,” Seulgi breathed as she brushed her fingers down Wendy’s arm. They relaxed that way for a moment until Seulgi spoke again, “Okay, ready to call your parents now? We need to tell them our plans. We’ll need their help the most.”

“I think I’m ready.”

Holding hands they dialed the phone and waited with bated breath as it rang. After four agonizing, loud rings, the receiver on the other end picked up and someone said hello in English.

 

-----

 

“Mom? It’s Wendy.”

“Seungwan-ah, isn’t it late there?”

“It’s only 9 at night.”

“I’m so glad you called, your dad’s in town with some friends and I’m home alone. I’m cleaning the kitchen now, I did some baking.”

Seulgi smiled and realized that Wendy had gotten the love of baking from her mom.

“I’m here with Seulgi, mom, is Korean okay to use?”

“Of course,” She switched to Korean and greeted Seulgi, “Hey sweet girl, are you doing well?”

“Yes, ma’am,” Seulgi replied with a smile. The Son family wasn’t as ridged as her family and she was glad for it, “I’m well and so is Wendy.”

“Good.”

“Mom?” Seulgi asked. They’d agreed it would be fine for Seulgi to call her in this way.

“Yes, sweetie?”

“We’ve decided to have our wedding in Canada. We’re going to get everyone to travel there. We need to do this because of legal reasons and because we want you to be a part of everything.”

“Oh girls,” Mrs. Son said, “I’m so glad to hear this news. Wendy, your father is going to be so happy.”

Wendy and Seulgi smiled at one another, “We will need your help to prepare.”

“We’re willing to help in any way we can.”

“Thanks mom.”

“You’re welcome,” Mrs. Son replied, “Is everything else good?”

“Yes,” Seulgi said, “Everything is going well at the studio. I hope maybe next year you can visit.”

“Me too, sweetie, we want to see your apartment and Seoul again.”

“You’ll see us soon though,” Wendy smiled.

“I know, I can’t wait.”

“Us too.”

“Make a list of what you want and send it to me, we’ll get right on it.”

“Okay, we’ll do that right now. We’ll let you go so you can keep cleaning up your mess,” Wendy laughed.

“Okay,” Mrs. Son chuckled in return, “Call me tomorrow.”

“We will,” Seulgi said, “I promise.”

“Alright, good night girls, I love you.”

“Good morning, Mom,” Seulgi said.

“Bye,” Wendy replied, “We love you and Dad.”

“Bye.” And then the phone flat-lined.

 

-----

 

After the call, they stayed on the couch.

“I love your family,” Seulgi said.

“And I love yours,” Wendy replied, “It’s our family now.”

“You’re right,” Seulgi said, “Ours. I know my parents seem difficult, especially compared to yours.”

“They do…a bit,” Wendy said, “But that’s okay.”

“It will work out, I promise.”

“I know…..now want to make out some more?” Wendy asked, “I think we have some unfinished business.”

“Sure,” Seulgi answered. She leaned in and connected their lips again.

 

 -----

 

The first out of five! Tell me what you're thinking!