Wishes

Butterfly
Please log in to read the full chapter

~~Things with * will be explained at the end!!! An important thing to note with sign language is that it DOESN'T follow the same syntax as spoken language. Basically SL is very different from spoken language, but for the sake of the fic and making it easier to understand, let's just pretend it does okay? D:~~

 

Jimin woke up to something slapping his face repeatedly. He groaned loudly, and the slapping stopped, but was replaced with a wet . He peeked his eye open, "Mongshil, go away," he groaned, but the huge dog** simply wagged his tail again, this time against the bedside table rather than his face. Jimin rolled over and smiled at the sleeping boy next to him. Yoongi looked like an angel. The light from outside sliced its way into the room through the slit in the curtains, and traced his pale skin, making it glow. Jimin was greatful that he'd painted the walls white because it added to Yoongi's angelic look. 


He leaned over and kissed Yoongi's bare shoulders, kissing his way up to his neck. The older stirred and scrunched his forehead, bringing up a finger to symbolise "just one more minute" before rolling over and going back to sleep. Jimin found it adorable, but he left the sleepy boy alone and instead got up and ready alone. Today was his day off from work, and he was greatful, because working at the dance studio was really beginning to tire him out. It was different compared to Yoongi's job, who was a self-employed photographer who sold his own photos to anyone who would buy them. A lot of people bought them actually, and he was becoming more and more recognised, and Jimin felt so proud of him. 


A pile of letters gathered on the floor, and Jimin picked them up. All of them were addressed to him. To Min Jimin. He smiled to himself. Even after over a year of marriage, he still felt happy and giddy when he saw his new name. Of course, his smile faded when he opened them; bills, bills, and more bills. That's what happens when you buy your own house. He tossed them aside and slumped onto the sofa, staring at the photos on the wall. In one photo, him and Yoongi were stood at the alter of a church, dressed smartly in suits, and Yoongi was in the middle of putting a ring on his finger. In another, the two kissed, and Taehyung could be seen in the corner making a large heart shape with his arms. Jimin laughed at it. Of course Taehyung would manage to photobomb the main wedding photo. 


Jimin remembered proposing to the older. Just before graduating level 5 in sign language, he found that there were still words and phrases that hadn't been taught, and "will you marry me" was one of them. He awkwardly turned to Seokjin for help. It resulted in a large talk with the oldest, about anything and everything to do with Yoongi. But in the end, Seokjin still taught him the sign. 


He remembered bringing Yoongi back to Busan, to the same beach where they'd had their first date, and his hands getting sweaty and shakey as they walked down the coast at sunset. Yoongi noticed it and stopped walking. -What's wrong?- the blonde boy asked, looking worriedly into his eyes. Jimin responded with a gentle kiss, and then he took a very, very, very deep breath and got down on one knee, fumbling around awkwardly in his pocket for a second too long before pulling out a velvet box and holding it out to Yoongi. Then, he panicked because it was hard to do the sign while holding the box, so he placed the box on his knee instead, blushing furiously. -Will you marry me?- Without hesitation, Yoongi nodded, and his smile outshined the sun. 


Something touched his thigh and he came back to reality, and Yoongi had sat next to him, looking curiously at him. -Why are you smiling?- the blonde asked. -Because I love you,- Jimin responded, leaning over to peck his husbands lips. Yoongi smiled, -let's stay inside today.- Jimin nodded in agreement, standing up and heading to the kitchen. He fed Mongshil and then prepared breakfast for them both, happily singing along to the radio. He didn't even notice Yoongi walk in, and danced around, using the butterknife as a microphone while he waited for the toast to cook. Yoongi giggled at the sight, and Jimin spun around and stopped. Even though Yoongi had told him countless times that he didn't need to stop singing, even that he liked watching him sing, Jimin couldn't help but feel his heart pull. -Don't stop,- the older signed, frowning. Jimin just flashed him a smile and turned around to pull out the toast.


Jimin sat opposite his husband and smiled, thinking about everything they'd been through. It wasn't always smiles and kisses and late night touches, sometimes it was hard. Jimin remembered completing level 3, and Yoongi was so proud, and he would sign often to Jimin, but Jimin didn't always know what he was saying, because even level 3 is very basic. It was difficult and frustrating, and the pair argued a lot, and one time, Jimin punched the wall in anger, and Yoongi cried so hard, and Seokjin was just about ready to punch Jimin right back for scaring him so much. 


There were days when Jimin thought about giving up and ending things with Yoongi.  When Yoongi was around his deaf friends, he seemed so happy, and Jimin felt jealousy poisoning his blood. Seokjin would tell him to stop glaring at his friends, he was making them uncomfortable, but Jimin responded by flipping the table and leaving hurriedly. It was childish and pathetic, and he knew he shouldn't feel this way. But watching Yoongi talk so well with his friends when he couldn't even talk with him was beyond frustrating. Even when Jimin completed level 5, they still had their bad days. They argued over petty things like Yoongi signing too fast, because even though Jimin was fluent, signing was still new to him, and like all learners of a new language, it had to be slow and clear for him to understand. And there were days when Jimin hated the fact that Yoongi was deaf. They weren't often, but they occured at times like when Jimin ran out of toilet roll, and no matter how many times he called, Yoongi would never hear him and fetch a new roll. (And Jimin simply had to wait until Yoongi wondered what the was taking so long and came up to find him reading the back of shampoo bottles.)


But there were good days too. Like the days when Jimin graduated a level in sign language school, and Yoongi would wait outside with flowers and cute gummy smiles. And the days their fingers locked together and their legs tangled and their lips moved against the others until they were numb. Sometimes things went further, and Jimin had given up trying to silence or at least quieten Yoongi's loud moans and screams. Seokjin had told him it was because he had no control over his vocal chords.*** They'd tried everything, a simple hand over Yoongi's mouth, gags, even a firm grip on Yoongi's throat, but nothing could silence him as Jimin ed into him, hitting that sweet spot every time.


Jimin had eventually gotten over his jealousy and began signing with Yoongi's friends, something that the older was so greatful for. And Jimin's friends had also learned some sign language so that they could talk to Yoongi, something that Jimin was greatful for. Taehyung even completed level 3, and he always tried hard to have conversations with Yoongi. Jimin would always take Yoongi on little dates, and being gay was definitely not a big deal anymore, but dating a disabled man definitely was.**** But it didn't bother either of them, and Jimin could deal with the disgusted looks from people as they kissed in the streets and signed with each other after. People told him it was a weird , and comments like that hurt, but Yoongi's love healed him. One time, he was out with Yoongi and Namjoon, and someone commented that Jimin was disgusting for having a relationship with a deaf man. Before he could even respond, Yoongi was pushed into a shop they were outside of, and the guy was thrown on the floor, and Jimin had to physically pull Namjoon off him in fear that he would sue. Of course, Yoongi cried, he didn't like violence, and Seokjin didn't speak to Namjoon for a week. 


But Jimin's favourite moment (besides saying their vows of course, nothing could top that) had to be last night. Last night, Jimin had come home from work feeling tired and exhausted, and after a shower, he was definitely ready for bed. But Yoongi had stopped him, placing a firm hand on his chest and sitting him down on the sofa. And Jimin had panicked, because the older had never sat him down like this before, his eyes serious and

Please log in to read the full chapter