Coffee Spills

A Grain of Sand Away From You

Byun Baekhyun was basically the sweetest and funniest man on the set. With his good looks and beautiful voice, every woman in the workplace fell in love. Every morning, he came to work with a smile on his face, regardless how tired he was.

 

It was the same for Lee Jieun; she was basically the female version of Baekhyun. She was very honest and kind with everyone on the set which made everyone love her. It was obvious how tired she was every time she came to work, but she wanted brighten up everyone else's mood by radiating her positive energy.

 

It was very clear to see that Baekhyun liked Jieun: she loved talking, joking and laughing with him; and that made Baekhyun like her even more. The way she giggled, the way she pushed her bangs towards the side of her forehead, the way she smiles, Baekhyun really liked everything she had done. He liked her so much that he started to stutter and became more nervous than usual whenever he was around her.

 

"She's so perfect!" Baekhyun exclaimed as he walked towards the beach. Today, they were going to film a scene with Jieun at that specific place. He dragged his feet across the golden sand with his friends who decided to visit and support Baekhyun.

 

"Argh!! She makes me so nervous!" He sobbed as he covered his face with his palms. "She's so perfect I think I'm going crazy."

 

"Yuck," Kai laughed. "You're so in love it's gross."

 

"It's cute, actually." Chanyeol grinned as he playfully slung his arms around Baekhyun's shoulders. "It's funny too! Look at him struggle. She is really pretty, so I think it's normal for you to be nervous."

 

"Hey!! Remember when Baekhyun dropped his coffee when Jieun came out the dressing room with a pretty dress on?? Oh geez that was really funny." Chen laughed and so did the rest of the guys. "Oh man, you should've seen him stare at her! She kept saying, 'Baekhyun-oppa, are you ok?' Oh boy, my stomach hurts!!"

 

The guys continued to laugh as Baekhyun walked lazily along the sand. He was so embarrassed over the fact that he only showed Jieun his foolish side of him; he wanted to show that he was more than that.

 

Baekhyun and his friends met up with the team after walking for awhile and he looked around for Jieun, but she was nowhere to be found. 'Hm? She usually comes around the same time as me..’

 

His thoughts were interrupted by the producer as he walked towards him and patted his shoulder, "You ready for the big scene, Baekhyun? This scene is where we'll get the audience to scream. Let's go!"

 

Kai, Chanyeol, and Chen waved good-bye and cheered for Baekhyun as he walked away to their destination. He looked back at them and had a nervous expression on his face that the men could see. Before he could no longer hear the men's cheering, he heard them say, "Do it for Jieun! I-U! I-U! You and I are one! You and I!" Baekhyun immediately felt embarrassed but he laughed because it was such a funny way to express their support for him.

 

He had butterflies fluttering everywhere in his stomach and Baekhyun felt as if he could faint in any moment. He was nervous all right: this was the scene he couldn't afford to mess up on. The two actors practiced this specific scene back when they were reading their scripts together in the practice room. It was a cute scene, and he wanted to make sure he didn't want to mess it up.

 

Baekhyun squinted his eyes to make sure he was seeing things correctly: Jieun, wearing a semi-formal, simple yet beautiful white dress, was sitting down on the large rocks nearby the ocean. He then felt a sudden production of many butterflies in his stomach; could he really pull this scene off seeing his crush wearing such a beautiful dress? Wouldn’t he be distracted and mess up the whole scene?

 

After settling in for several minutes, it was time for Baekhyun to appear. Machines were and the cameras started moving in several directions. When the producer had yelled, "Action!!" Baekhyun knew he had to do his best to sway Jieun.

 

"It's too cold for you to be here, especially when you're out this early," Baekhyun walked casually towards Jieun, who looked behind her with a surprised expression on her face.

 

'Not that face.. oh geez.. too cute.. I just-- Oh shoot, stay focused! Stay focused!!

 

"It's not like you to be concerned," Jieun scoffed.

 

The camera panned closer to Baekhyun, who rolled his eyes. Before he could speak, Jieun stopped him.

 

She helped herself up from sitting down and her white dress beautifully flowed with the help of the wind. Her long, wavy brown hair went along with the wind and Jieun looked like a complete goddess. She smirked down at Baekhyun who seemed to be in complete awe. "Help me down," she had commanded.

 

"What's with the dress? Who are you trying to impress?" He flashed a sly grin and Jieun lifted an eyebrow. Baekhyun continued, "Nobody's gonna look at you, anyways," He held her hands as he helped Jieun down from the large rocks. He touched her soft palm and felt her hair brush against his hand. Deep down, Baekhyun wanted to shout in excitement because he was holding her hands. He was that excited.

 

Jieun scoffed, "Yeah, yeah, whatever. Of course nobody would look at me." She turned from him and walked away with a hurtful expression. Seeing this, Baekhyun clenched his fists and ran towards Jieun and grabbed her hands. He held on tightly as he was staring at the back of her head.

 

"W-wait. Something's wrong. And don't you dare say nothing's wrong again." He then made her turn around with one push on her shoulder. "I know we always fight and whatnot, but I'm still your friend. You know I always want to help you." He looked at her with a worried expression that made Jieun blush; but she made sure it wasn't noticeable on the camera. 'Erk! Not now Jieun, not now.. endure!'

 

"You know," Jieun said with an annoyed tone, "Despite your cute and good-looking face, you're pretty mean. Your appearance doesn't match your personality. Anyways, let go of me-"

 

"No!" Baekhyun shouted. "I won't let go of you- not now not ever!!"

 

Jieun looked surprised because she knew that those lines were not included in the script. She noticed that the crew members knew this too, especially the scriptwriter and producer, but they continued to film the scene.

 

"Look, I won't ever tell you; so might as well leave me alone, okay?" Jieun was in tears now, and Baekhyun wanted to hug her so much but he knew he couldn't do it. It wasn't till seconds later where he realized what he had said previously was from his true feelings; not from the script. Baekhyun looked embarrassed but the camera was still aimed towards him; so he did his best to stay in character. The script and his true feelings conveyed a similar message, so why not just say what he wanted to say?

 

The soft wind blew through the two actors as they continued to look at each other's eyes. It was obvious that Jieun was trying to fight back the tears in her eyes while Baekhyun's hands remained gripped on her hands. Jieun tried her best to stay on track with the script while Baekhyun was following his heart. Was this all still part of the script?

 

"Tell me!" Baekhyun shouted, once more. "You promised to tell me everything and I promised I would listen to you!" He furrowed his eyebrow and he tried his best not to expose the fact that he was completely nervous: everything was now unscripted. He wiggled his toes under the sand nervously because if he couldn't move his fingers, which body part would he wiggle? Most certainly not his .

 

"Why are you doing this to me?! It's so annoying!" Jieun screamed with tears the overflowed from her eyes. "I hate the fact that I have to keep this feeling inside me! I hate that I like you so much! I hate having to put up this mask just to prevent myself from being honest with you, you especially! I hate it! I hate being around with you because I can't help but like it. I know it's impossible to be with you. I know.. and I hate it. I want to be with you everyday, but I know we can't. And I just," She cried softly, "I hate that I love you so much to the point where it hurts."

 

Now this caught Baekhyun's attention: her lines weren't in the script either. He used his peripheral to see that the producer and scriptwriter shocked, but excited. He could see them whispering excitedly as they moved their chairs closer to get a better view. He knew that he already confessed partially to Jieun without using the script, so he wanted to express his feelings fully.

 

"Ha..Ha..." Baekhyun looked relieved as he fell onto the sand. "I didn't know. I didn’t know you felt this way. I never knew. I never knew you would feel the same way."

 

"Wait-- no, look, I know you don't feel the same way but you don't need to pretend-"

 

"You never realized that I liked you, huh?" Baekhyun interrupted her, looked up and reached her hands to hold them. He helped himself up so he could kneel on the sand and continued his unscripted lines, "I can't believe you didn't notice! Wasn't I obvious?"

 

Jieun looked immediately flustered and Baekhyun laughed with the largest smile.

 

"I've always liked you,” he continued. “You literally brighten up my day. When you smile, when you laugh, when you sing, you make me do the same. When you cry, when you're sad, it makes me want to cry and become sad. You got me, you really got me good. Look I-" Baekhyun laughed softly. He really couldn't believe he would be confessing this way. "You make me nervous. You make me stumble and trip. You make me bump into things. You make me drop and spill my coffee. You're that distracting because I only want to look at you. And you gotta help me with this problem. You gotta help me. You gotta help me with the fact that you aren't mine. What do you say?"

 

Jieun softly laughed and knelt along with him. She was still crying, but managed to flash a large smile across her face. She quickly pushed herself into Baekhyun's arms and now the two actors were giggling on the sand.

 

She escaped his arms after few seconds and found herself on top of Baekhyun, in which their faces were only centimeters apart. He closed his eyes and came closer to Jieun, whose eyes widened. His lips were closer to her's now and she closed her eyes as Baekhyun touched her chin. Jieun cupped her hands on his face and could feel her chest beating fast. Their breaths could be felt on each other's face and both of them paused; they opened their eyes and laughed.

 

Jieun fell back onto Baekhyun's arms and continued to hug each other on the warm sand. It could be seen that Baekhyun looked so happy and relieved; it looked like he just survived the toughest job ever.

 

________________

 

After the drama had officially finished filming, more producers wanted to feature both Jieun and Baekhyun as their protagonists in their upcoming dramas. They were inspired after seeing the duo's unscripted confessed which was the number one topic everybody had been talking about.

 

Jieun looked up from her phone after reading articles that included the confession and spoke, "Looks like we'll be starring in many dramas together huh, Baekhyun-oppa?"

 

"I'll do it only if you don't attack me on the beach," Baekhyun hugged her from behind and laughed.

 

Jieun turned around and now these two were face to face, once again. After they had smiled at each other, she buried her face in embarrassment in his chest. Baekhyun grinned at the sight of this and hugged her tightly.

 

"I can't believe we did something like that on the set," Jieun said as she still had her head rested on his chest.

 

"Well, I'm glad we did it because I was unsure you wouldn't like me. Aah, you don't know how nervous I was!"

 

"I was really nervous too!" Jieun looked up at Baekhyun and flashed a large smile. "And I'm happy we had the guts to confess because we're dating now, hehe!"

 

She escaped his arms and took a step back to look at Baekhyun: Jieun was really glad she was with a man that could make her smile and laugh everyday. She smiled at the thought of this and walked towards his side; she tiptoed so she could kiss Baekhyun's cheeks. He immediately turned red and Jieun laughed, "Hey! Let's get some coffee now. Remember when you dropped our cups when I came out of the dressing room?"

 

"Oh-- don't even remind me. You're embarrassing me now!!" Baekhyun laughed and interlocked his fingers with Jieun. "I hope you do realize I'm pretty embarrassing person to be with.

 

"I knew that already, duh!" Her bright smile was so contagious that it made her boyfriend smile too. "I'll pay for that coffee you dropped. It was my fault that my charm distracted you."


The two continued to laugh and talk as they walked towards a cafe. Every few seconds, he looked down at Jieun and smiled: He couldn't believe he was now dating the woman who always made him smile and laugh, and it was the same for Jieun. They were really happy, and they were glad that they had had the opportunity to fall in love with each other during this lifetime.

****

A/N: 

Finished with 2.3k words! I didn't realize I didn't upload the chapter until today, so I apologzie to those who were waiting! I uploaded it once and  thought it processed correctly when it didn't. Anyways, I hurriedly uploaded this after class! Additonally, I would like to see these two act together one day so I imagined this scene at the top of my head (They're so cute and lovable; they're an adorable pair!). Anyways, thank you reading and please continue to support me! :-)