Ch. [01]

Eternal Sunshine

It wasn’t that Kyuhyun was jealous or obsessive or anything.

It wasn’t either that Hyukjae was something close to him as his boyfriend or even his friend.

It was just that Kyuhyun found Hyukjae admirable. The small boy had always been so cheerful and happy, always going around with that smile that he liked so much. And his voice, so soft and smooth, as if he was singing lullabies for everyone, always wanting to make them feel better.

Not that Kyuhyun had ever been the receiver of his voice. No.

Kyuhyun dedicated his entire years of college just watching Hyukjae be perfect to everyone else. He was too shy, too little to go ahead and talk to him.

“Seriously Siwon, you’re snoring,” Kyuhyun glared at the dog sleeping in a small bed prepared for him, snoring loudly as Kyuhyun tried to focus on finishing the blueprints he had to hand in the next day.

The dog didn’t even move. He just kept sleeping loudly.

“Yah! Siwon!” Kyuhyun threw a paper ball to the Labrador.

The dog got alerted almost instantly, standing up to see who had been his offender. “Human! What has happened here?!” he exclaimed alarmed, looking around.

Something no one knew about Cho Kyuhyun, was that he had the unfortunate charm of talking to animals.

“Siwon, go sleep somewhere else, your snoring is annoying me,” Kyuhyun whined, not looking at the dog as he kept correcting small mistakes he had.

“Human, how dare you talk like that to me? I do not snore,” the dog replied, sitting down with his head up proudly. “I believe you mishear things, human. You shall go to the vet.”

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. “Humans go to the doctor, not the veterinary,” he sighed and pointed his room. “You are allowed to sleep on my bed, only for tonight. Just go out from this room.”

It was as if the light in Siwon’s eyes had suddenly been . “Have a great night working, human!” he simply said before walking proudly towards the door and finally going out.

Kyuhyun sighed out loudly before focusing once more on his blueprints. He had to turn them in the next day and they simply had to be perfect.

It was three in the morning when he finally finished.

…………………………….

“Human,” Siwon called, placing his paw on Kyuhyun’s face. “Human,” he called again, patting Kyuhyun’s face.

Kyuhyun opened his eyes slowly and groaned in annoyance. “What the , Siwon?” he asked, grunting as he brought his phone up just to realize it was six in the morning. Still too early. “I need to sleep!”

“I do not care about your physiological necessities,” Siwon said as he jumped down the couch where Kyuhyun slept and walked to get the leather leash from one of the furniture only for his stuff. “I need to go pee and you need to take me out right now.”

The dog walked back towards Kyuhyun and left the leash on his feet. “Why don’t you just go to the toilet? You already know how to,” Kyuhyun said, groaning as he rested again on the couch, checking the alarm clock was just an hour after that moment and he closed his eyes.

The dog sighed out. “Alright,” he said. “But you won’t escape from me taking you for a walk in the afternoon,” he simply said, walking away.

Kyuhyun didn’t even complain and just closed his eyes again to continue sleeping.

Not even a second passed in his mind when the alarm went off and he had to open his eyes, groaning lowly as he sighed out and finally dragged his feet towards his room. He sighed as he saw his dog sleeping peacefully on his bed. “So envious,” he shook his head and didn’t take a second more before going to take a shower.

When Kyuhyun arrived to the company, he was welcomed by his very enthusiastic boss, who ran towards him with a big smile, noisy as always, hugging him almost immediately. “Kyuhyun! My genius!” he yelled, grinning widely as he dragged him towards his office. “What do you have for me?”

Kyuhyun cleared his throat awkwardly, nervous that maybe his plans wouldn’t be exactly what his boss wished. “I’ve brought the three plans for the new resort, sir,” he said, slowly reaching for the tube hanging from his back when they just got into the other’s huge office.

“Great! Let me see!” Mr. Lee, Kyuhyun’s boss, and also the owner of the company, said enthusiastic as he cleaned his big desk. “Don’t let me regret making you the only architect into this big project, boy.”

If Kyuhyun was nervous, he was now at the edge of a panic attack. He fixed his glasses slowly and laughed nervously as he clumsily displayed the first set of blueprints on the desk. “T-This one is the main building,” he started, focusing on his own work. “I decided reception says a lot, so I designed it with the objective of simply impress, making the guest feel as if they would never be able to experience the same they would in our new resort.”

He wished his shaky hands didn’t give him up as Mr. Lee looked through the plans carefully, with a slight frown of his face out of concentration. “What would this be?” he asked as he pointed out a few strictures.

“Well, this is a balcony for those waiting in reception, the plants in here,” Kyuhyun pointed an accurate point, “these will hang for about three meters and it will also contribute in the design of the main façade,” he explained. “I did three different designs for each building, if you cannot decide, I can make the scales for you to have a better image of it and-”

“No, no,” Mr. Lee said. “I’ll have the others do it for you, I want you to start as the new director of the project as soon as possible.”

Kyuhyun gasped. “S-Sir… I-” He gulped. “I know nothing about directing a project-”

Mr. Lee laughed softly. “Oh no, you wouldn’t do that,” he grinned widely. “But you’re the only one who knows exactly what I like and how I like it, so you would be in charge of the construction in general.”

Kyuhyun was even more confused than before. “Sir, but I-”

“I’m sorry to tell you, Kyuhyun,” Mr. Lee grinned widely. “That I’m your boss and you cannot go against my orders,” he laughed. “What else, you will work with my son, who’s really good managing these kind of projects.”

Kyuhyun hadn’t even finished showing the first set of plans when his boss had made such decision. “Isn’t that a really important project for a simple architect to manage?” He asked, laughing nervously as he rolled the blueprints once again. “I’m okay working in reparations and reconstructions, you know?”

“Nonsense!” Mr. Lee said, passing his heavy arm over Kyuhyun’s shoulders. “You’ll be as important as the director in this project, I’ve decided. A co-director with one of the best Lees!” he laughed. “I’m not biased, I promise.”

Kyuhyun fixed his glasses, and then his tie before clumsily sliding the blueprints into his tube once more. “But sir. I’ve never done this before, I don’t think I can-”

The door opening made Kyuhyun shut up. “Hello sir,” it was Hyoyeon, Mr. Lee’s assistant. “And Kyuhyun,” she added plainly, just glancing at Kyuhyun before once more focusing on the boss. “Your son is here, and so his fiancé.”

Kyuhyun gulped. He didn’t know his boss’ son, but he was sure he didn’t want to. “Well, if I’m excused, I’ll just-”

“Let them in!” Mr. Lee said happily as he kept Kyuhyun on his place, holding him by placing his arm on the other’s shoulder.

Hyoyeon turned around and opened the door widely, letting the two persons come in.

It was a surprise.

Kyuhyun’s heart stopped by a second before starting to beat extremely fast. “Hyukjae! Siwon!” Mr. Lee exclaimed happily, letting Kyuhyun go to go and greet his son and his son in law.

Kyuhyun stood there speechless. Hyukjae was his boss’s son? How could he not know? He had been working there for three years already and he had never known that.

Hyukjae, his crush from college. The most perfect human being he had ever known.

The happiness from seeing such creation of nature was soon slightly vanished by the man next to it.

Siwon.

How much Kyuhyun hated that man.

Not only because he had the chance to be with Hyukjae, who was everything nice. But also had the chance to call him his boyfriend and then his fiancé and now he was going to be the owner of all that happiness in a person.

The most infuriating thing was that the man was also always first place in everything. His physique was awesome and he had a great smile. Not only that, but he had also noticed the romantic events that he had done for Hyukjae and how he practically died for him.

It was so annoying that he named his dog after him.

“Dad, hello,” Hyukjae greeted sweetly, making Kyuhyun feel even nervous.

Hyukjae was the son of the boss. Which meant he would get to work for him for months for the new resort project. “Oh lord…,” he gulped lowly, fixing his tie once more, running his fingers through his messy hair. , I didn’t even fixed my hair in the morning. He took his glasses away and cleaned them before putting them on once more.

As soon as the greetings were done, Mr. Lee turned towards Kyuhyun and smiled. “It’s good that you came Hyukkie, because I want to introduce you to Kyuhyun, the best architect I’ve known!”

And for the very first time, Hyukjae looked at Kyuhyun. “Hello, Kyuhyun,” he smiled sweetly. Kyuhyun had never imagined, not even in his wildest dreams, that Hyukjae would dedicate one of those smiles to him.

“H-Hello…,” Kyuhyun greeted awkwardly, smiling as gently as he could. He took three seconds to realize that Hyukjae had pulled out his hand to shake and he didn’t so he was fast at catching it when the smaller was letting it down. “I’m Kyuhyun, nice to meet you.”

Hyukjae chuckled softly and shook Kyuhyun’s hand, smiling softly and gently. “Nice to meet you, too. I’m Hyukjae. I’m happy I get the chance to work with the best architect!”

Kyuhyun had to think on his dog Siwon just to avoid the slight blush from coming up his cheeks. “I’m- I’m not the best architect,” he laughed nervously, letting Hyukjae’s hand go. “I’m just an architect.”

“If the CEO says you’re the best architect, then you are,” Siwon –not his dog- said, smiling softly and also offering his hand for a shake. “I’m Siwon, nice to meet you.”

Kyuhyun looked at Siwon’s hand and then up at him, taking it with a fake smile. “Hello,” he simply said.

“Siwon is Hyukjae’s fiancé,” Mr. Lee said joyfully. “They’ll marry as soon as the resort is finished, in that exact place.”

“So please get the best design for it!” Hyukjae exclaimed gently, sweetly, calmly.

Oh how much Kyuhyun liked that man.

“Hyoyeon!” Mr. Lee called.

“Yes, sir?” Hyoyeon took barely two seconds to appear.

“Please show Kyuhyun his new office; he’ll share it with Hyukjae.” Mr. Lee said, urging Kyuhyun to go with the girl.

“I’ll also go with them,” Hyukjae said softly. “Wonnie, I’ll see you for dinner. I must work now.”

Siwon smiled and kissed Hyukjae’s forehead. “Work hard, Hyuk.”

They smiled at each other and as soon as Hyukjae went out, Hyoyeon did so too, guiding Kyuhyun out. Siwon stayed there only talking with Hyukjae’s father.

Trying to calm down, Kyuhyun looked around, holding onto the tube with the blueprints firmly. Knowing that the resort’s first function was to wed those two, wasn’t exactly the best motivation he had. But also, knowing that Hyukjae would be in charge of it along with him, made him feel like he could give his best.

Sighing softly and smiling at Hyoyeon, he finally went into his new office.




A/N: I'M SO SO SO SOOOOOOOOOOO SORRY YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW BAD I FEEL
PLEASE ENJOY THIS WHILE I GO AND WRITE YOU GUYS A SUPER HOT AND A BRAND NEW UPDATE OF MY OLD STORIES

I FEEL SO BAD

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT DO YOU WANT AND I'LL COMPLY YOUR WISHES I PROMISE WHATEVER IT IS ? NEW CHAPTERS? A NEW STORY? TELL MEEEEEEE TT^TT

and Thank you for all the love you guys always give me!

I LOVE YOU! ♥♥♥♥♥♥