01 ;

Matched

''He's on the way.'' My mother screams, jumping excitedly. Okay, she was definitely overreacting. It seemed as if she was the one getting her soulmatearrow-10x10.png instead of me. I mean, she got her turn 23 years ago. She sighs, smiling at me as she started to reminisce her past. Oh god, here it comes.

 

''I remember when I first saw your dad 23 years ago. He was so handsome then.'' She then interwined her fingers together, and stared at the ceiling dreamily. Ohmygosh. I smiled awkwardly, patting her on the shoulder. ''Let's not get to excited when he comes, alright?'' I remind. I wouldn't want to scare off my future husband.

 

Was I nervous? Of course I was. We are talking about my  soulmatearrow-10x10.png here. The man I am going to meet in 10 minutes is the man I am going to spend the rest of my lives with. Why? Because the government says so. They set up this huge system where all of our personal information are stored and when each girl turns legal, we get the man of our lives. On the other hand, the man has to wait until they get paired. If you are 30 and not paired, the government and everyone else considers him 'unmatchable'. Which is pretty sad.

 

My biggest worry right now was, that he is 30 years old. How much of an would that me? 11 years! I would not get along with him. I wasn't worrying about whether I'd get along with him. After all, we were matched according to our personalities. So I am assuming we'd both be quiet and reserved. I am not complaining. So even if we did not get along, we'd probably not even care. I mean the only reason the government matched up couples was to reproduce quicker. So the only time I'd need to communicatearrow-10x10.png with him is when... we're having .

 

EW, What am I thinking? 

 

Okay, for now, I just have to make sure I look presentable. First impressions are the most important. For this special occasion( my birthday ), I was wearing a white skater dress. It's the brightest thing I own, trust me. And I just got it yesterday after a scolding by my mom. She claimed that I couldn't meet my soulmatearrow-10x10.png while wearing everything black, it's like I'm going to a funeral. Well, let's look at it this way: if my husband is a erted 30 year old, yes, it's basically like I am attending my own funeral.

 

I glanced at the clock, 5 minutes left. Great. I haven't mentally prepared myself yet. I reached for the hem of the dress, pulling it downwards in hopes of straightening the dress. Because I've been clenching the ends of my dress like it was my life. 

 

I went down the stairs, careful not to trip over my heels. It was probably the second time I've worn heels. Let's just say, I enjoy wearing sneakers. But of course, my mother claimed that it was 'unladylike'. Well, I don't care.

 

I started to think about who my soulmatearrow-10x10.png might be. Wouldn't it be great if it was Jeon Jungkook? I'd be the luckiest girl alive then. Too bad our personalities are almost polar opposites. He is cheery, I'm not. I'm smart, he's.. trying his best. One thing we have in common though, we were both shy with strangers. 

 

The door bell rings, and I scramble to my feet as my mom runs to the door. She swings it open, and I glance curiously. Outside, stood a middle aged man and woman both dressed in formal wear. Oh, they must be his parents. But my heart fell, because they weren't Jungkook parents. ing . My mother began exchanging a few words with them. I was standing next to my mother now, looking out for my soulmatearrow-10x10.png. I wasn't even listening in on their conversation because I was too busy looking around.

 

Just then, his parents steps aside to reveal A BEAUTIFUL MAN. He was wearing a white tuxedo, and his hair was slightly messy. But it's okay, because looks ridiculously hot. He had big eyes, they were maybe even bigger than mine, a really sharp nose and lips ohmygod, don't let me even start. I don't know how to describe looks, but he was basically the definition of perfection. I mean, perfection but no one can compete with Jungkook. No one can match up to him. 

 

He smiles widely, ''I'm Kim Taehyung!'' 

 

Why is he so cheerful? Then, he hugs me. Okaaaay. There must be something wrong. 

 

As he pulled away from me, I took a careful look at him. Are you sure he is supposed to have a similar personality with me. I turned to look at my mother, who was happily conversing with Taehyung's mother. The both of them look like best friends already.

 

Then, his mother turned to smile at me. ''I'm so glad that Taehyung has finally gotten a soulmate! With his 4D personality, I almost thought he was going to live alone for the rest of his life!'' she joked, smiling widely.

 

4D personality? That was definitely something I didn't have. I scrunched my face, thinking hard. There is something very wrong here. I bow at Taehyung's mother.

 

''Ma'am, I'm afraid there is a mistake.'' I stiffened, ''I'm most definitely not 4D.'' I claimed, but only to be engulfed in another tight hug that had me gasping for air. 

 

''She's my wife alright! Look! She's showing off her '4Dness' now!'' Taehyung screams, his cheeks pressed against mine as he turned us around to face our parents. Ohgod. Okay, calm down Nara. Maybe he is just putting on a show. 

 

''How about the two of you spend some time together alone?'' My mother asks volunterrily and I nod my head vigorously. The only reason I agreed was to check if he was really this.. outgoing. Maybe once we stepped out of our parent's view, he would have an 180 degrees personality change. I pulled him out the door, half expecting him to scream at me once I slammed the door shut.

 

But instead, he sends a smirk. ''We're alone now, huh?''

 

What. The. ?

 

As hot as he was right now, I was too confused to answer him. There is a huge mistake here. ''No, Taehyung. Look, I really think there is a mistake. There is no way I am your soulmate. We are polar opposites!'' I claimed. 

 

Taehyung steps closer to me, and all of a sudden, I felt something pressed against my lips.

 

Taehyung was shoving skittles into my mouth. ''Kim Taehyung!'' I yelled. But he simply smiles and shrugs.

 

He continues walking out of the driveway, probably expecting for me to follow behind him. Well, he was right because I following closely behind. He gets into a car, motioning for me to enter as well. As I buckled my seat, I looked over to him. ''Where are we going?'' I ask. 

 

''To MSH. Since you are so confident that we aren't soulmates, we have to at least check, right?'' He asks, starting to drive out of the driveway. I nod my head.

 

 

People were staring at us on the streets as we approached MSH. Well, I guess it is not everyday that you see a boy clad in a tuxedo walking down the street while eating skittles. I sighed loudly, my eyes glistening as we approached the tall building. It was located in the heart of Gangnam, which did take us quite a long time before we reached here. 

 

I pushed through the wide glass doors, Taehyung following behind closely. I looked around. There was a lot of people busily walking around, some holding a huge amount of files as they ran around. This must be a very busy place. I walked towards the counter, which was located at the center of the ground floor. 

 

''Excuse me,'' I started, ''Could I please check Kim Na Ra's data?'' I asked, as politely as I could. The girl at the counter raises her eyebrows at me, ignoring me as she went back to her work.

 

''I'm Kim Na Ra, and I turned 19 today.'' I explained further. That was when she started to pay attention to me. She nods, and stopped typing on her computer to pay attention to me. ''And I think there's a mistake with the partner assigned to me.'' I say and she scoffs. ''We never make mistakes.'' she answers.

 

''But look! He is so outgoing while I'm more.. reserved.'' I exclaimed. She stops again and sighs softly.

 

She folds her arms, ''Look, there is definitely a similarity some where. And it is your job to find it. One day, you will thank us for pairing you up with him.'' She says, nodding towards Taehyung. 

 

So I guess this visit didn't really make a difference. 

 

Taehyung smiles at me again, ''Look, we do have something in similar afterall. We share the same surname!''

 

That's right, we were both 'Kim's.