fin

your warmth

Yes here's another thing I've posted. It's short and I wrote it at 4am. Thanks for reading!

-

    Seunghoon holds you tightly against him. His arms wrapped around you, sharing his warmth.  Small breaths rhythmically blowing on the back of your neck keep you awake, but waking him up from his sleep seems not worth it. You lay there enjoying the silence. Enjoying the boy hugging you under the covers. Thinking about what will happen when he wakes up...or moves. Not thinking about how the loss of sleep will affect you. The lights of cars passing roll across the room and you snuggle more into the boy and close your eyes. You try to sleep. Imagine lovely dates with the boy holding you tightly. Imagining the day you get to hold him this tight. The day you'll hold your future children this tight. The thoughts bring a soft smile to your lips. You think of Seunghoon's lips and your name rolling across them. His sweet voice ringing in your ears. His steady breaths still tickle your neck.


    His arms squeeze you tightly, making sure you're still there, and he mumbles some jibberish into your ear. It feels good, comforting, to be this close to Seunghoon, to be able to faintly feel his heart beating. The feeling washes over your body and you sink, you're sinking into the same rhythm as the boy.


    And then it's morning. Seunghoon isn't there. He's not holding you.The emptiness of the bed leaves your stomach a bit sick. The boy is gone and he'll never be back. You sit up and look around at your room. No sign of Seunghoon being there, no smell of him on your sheets, no rustled bedding on the side he was. No more feel of home. The only thing you can do is hope what happened the day before was real. But then again, you hope it was a dream so the stinging of your eyes and the lump in your throat wouldn't be real. You hope you're not real. You hope you can go back to the night and relive the feeling of him holding you...the feeling of his hair between your fingers from before. The feeling of his soft lips brushing against your neck, eyelids, and your own lips. Your fingers run across where his hands used to be. Was it real?