Cho Hana: The 'Tomboy-ish' Girl

"I'm a NERD, but she's MINE."
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul High

You saw the name for your new high school and blinked at your mom. Your mom just eagerly smiled at you. "Isn't this school great?" She chirped happily.

You just shrugged and said nothing. Your mom just happily came over to your side and flipped the booklet of the school for you. "See, it has an art room, basketball court, and has about 30 classrooms. This place is totally perfect!" 

"But mom," You began and stare at her. "This is a prestigious school." You said and gave her an unhappy look. 

Your mom ignored your unhappy face and tried to lightened the mood. "But it teaches your favorite activity, ice skating! Your favorite activity. You'll be great." She beamed. 

"But you do remember I am keeping my hobby for skating a low profile right?" You raised a brow at her while tilting your head to the side, waiting for her to respond. 

"Oh! I still don't understand why you wanted to keep that part of you a secret. You're charming when you're on the ice, you look as beautiful as a princess." Your mom cooed and sighed as she reminisced the time she saw you on the ice, skating gracefully.

"But mom," You interrupted her flashback. She turn to you and you lifted your hands up and down on your body. "I'm not like any average girl who likes skirts and shopping." 

"And?" Your mom questioned. You just sighed and got up. 

"Okay! Picture this. A tomboy girl suddenly becoming a graceful princess on ice isn't going to help me fit in. These days all students care about are labels. They label people and thinks thats what define them. I'll become a laughing stock like... last time." You shuddered when finishing the last two words.

Your mom just wrapped her arms around you and pulled you close to a hug. "It's okay, it won't be. People need to see who you truly are. Just because you have a boy-ish personality doesn't mean you can never skate again." 

You just pouted at her. "That's true. But-" "No but's." She interrupted and smile at you. "Just give your best. You'll do great." 

Your mom patted your head and beamed happily. "Now, I need to go down to the supermarket and buy some ingredients for tonight's dinner and pick your big brother up." 

"Ugh. Big brother can come home on his own." You muttered while rolling your eyes. "True. But you know that boy, if I don't pay attention to him, he probably go off with those delinquents." 

"True. And we don't want a family in debt." You nodded in agreement and exited the house with your mother. 

"And that'll be 32,000 won, miss." said the cashier lady with a smile and your mom dugged out her purse.

"Aigoo, where did I put my wallet?" Your mom started rummaging her bag and you just gave the cashier lady an apologetic look then to your mom, examining her.

Your mom was frantically finding her purse and you could tell that she was panicking, around this time you would help offer to pay but you didn't bring out any money. 

"Did you find it mom?" You asked and your mom shook her head and had a worried look. "That's so strange, I remember I had it in here. I just saw it enter my bag when I was on the way out." 

"Maybe it's deep inside?" You suggested and your mom continue to dug for it. "Maybe..." She mumbled, but sounded unsure. The cashier lady started to become impatient as she tapped the cashier in an annoyed manner.

You just glared at her and rolled your eyes. *People like her are impossible.*

"Mom, I'll help look." You suggested and grabbed your mom's bag over. You started to dug through it while digging through you only find her spectacles, papers, and a few packets of tissues. But no red wallet.

*That's strange.* 

"Mom, did you really bring it out?" You asked and your mom nodded. "I'm very sure." She said and you just frowned. *Then where did her wallet go?* 

"Mom did you drop it?" You asked again. "I'm not sure... I don't recall losing it." Your mom had a puzzled look on her face and you just sighed.

You turn to the cashier lady with a blank face and was about to apologize but a voice stopped you before you could speak.

"Excuse me, is this wallet yours?" A male voice spoke, deep and slightly husky. 

Both you and your mom turn around and saw a boy with extremely long hair, so long that it covered his eyes. You can barely see his face cause there was so much hair covering it.

He was holding onto a red long wallet with your mom's sticker name on it, the same sticker name you gave to her when you were 10. 

"Yes! Oh y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter