Final

Nice Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Thanks to StarSJ, davikah, iamtabby, ikazakry, rhapsodyofnothingnes, LolShippingLol, SilentKeeper, Crush1205, Oohahhsparkly, Eggyeol-and-Baekhyun, dunnowhatever, ChocokrispisEsPro, squishyxyz, woainibaby, ame_the_unicorn, eileentan12, ladycatcvx, Annie1017, millyzx, dizeekim, boredme, JaziMoon, Hikari_army, supernaturel, MyeonYanXing, Venus23, 1fanfic, CheesecakePops, ingle_pringle, pandaexpress2808, arwenflame, Pyrettt, _BlueVelvet, ninalounette, angelbabysuho, NoireButler53, Amicae, AnnaAliah, kbear_, turtleo3o, Aliirt, marcybacon, asarielsims, DredhezRei, Otplove, DrFeelGood25, and peachbom for subscribing! And hugs to lynchao, tatertot, Baekseungjoohhani, sekaii, kekekexo, and emily_the_boss for subscribing and upvoting! All your support means the world to me <3

Junmyeon is known as that guy.

Not as the douchebag guy. Not as the drug dealer guy. And definitely not as the otaku guy.

Okay, maybe a little bit as the otaku guy.

It’s just a phase.

Really.

Nevertheless, that’s not what Junmyeon is commonly known as at their school.

He’s known as the nice guy.

 

“Thank you for helping me clean up Junmyeon-ah,” Kim seonsaengnim smiles warmly at one of his best students, taking the stack of textbooks from Junmyeon’s arms. “You head on to lunch now, wouldn’t want to keep you friends waiting would you?”

“I suppose not,” Junmyeon easily returns the smile and shrugs his book bag over a slim shoulder before heading for the door. “Have a nice day seonsaengnim!”

Junmyeon heads down the hallway to where his friend is waiting and casually leaning again the school lockers, a volume of Prince of Tennis in his hands.

“‘Have a nice day seonsaengnim!’” Kyungsoo echoes in a cheery voice dripping with sarcasm. “What a kiss-.”

“Hey, I don’t judge you when you’re wiping your snot all over Jongin after crying over the end of some ty anime, you don’t judge my kissing,” Junmyeon raises an eyebrow at the younger.

“Anime isn’t ty! And I do not wipe my snot on him!” Kyungsoo defends in a shrill tone, “Don’t take your passive aggression out on me just because you don’t have anyone brave enough to melt that black hole you call a soul.”

“I’ll have you know I like my black hole of a soul just fine, thank you,” Junmyeon retorts lamely, “And I’m not-”

“Looking for a relationship, yeah, yeah,” Kyungsoo waves his hand around flippantly, “It’s not like you’ve told me that almost every day of your pathetic life.”

“Why am I even friends with you?!” Junmyeon huffs.

“I’m sure Kyungsoo makes wonderful company,” a gentle voice says from behind them.

Junmyeon jumps a good foot in the air out of surprise, leaving said wonderful company snorting at his friend’s demise. “Hey Yixing hyung!”

Junmyeon’s blood boils at just the name of his oblivious rival, spinning around to greet his archenemy with a forced smile stretched across his face. “Yixing! Fancy seeing you here. Are you on the way to lunch as well?”

Yixing smiles, that irritatingly perfect dimple poking at his cheek as he replies in that ever polite manner of his. “Yes, I was just helping Lee seonsaengnim clean the board.”

“Of course you were,” Junmyeon’s smile turns strained as he links arms with the Chinese, warmth seeping through the crook of his arm. Junmyeon does not blush at the feeling. “I was helping Kim seonsaengnim clean just moments ago.”

“What a kiss ,” Kyungsoo coughs unsubtly, letting out a choked wheeze when Junmyeon’s free elbow finds its way into his ribs.

Yixing doesn’t seem to notice the snarky comment and simply looks at Junmyeon with shining eyes. “Hyung, you’re so kind! I’m sure Kim seonsaengnim was very thankful for your assistance.”

“Oh, it was nothing,” Junmyeon says, at the same time Kyungsoo interrupts with, “Yixing hyung, you can’t say things like that; his overinflated ego is big enough as is!”

“No one asked you,” Junmyeon hisses at his friend, “Go face with your boyfriend.”

Kyungsoo huffs a low “rude”, before heading to the cafeteria on his own. Junmyeon turns back to the Chinese, who has removed his arm from Junmyeon’s and is currently helping a student pick up his dropped belongings nearby.

With lightning speed, Junmyeon is by their side, trying to pick up more items than Yixing already has.

“Oh, hyung!” Yixing smiles at the elder as he hands several folders back to their owner. “It’s alright, you don’t have to-”

“Nonsense,” Junmyeon’s voice did not just crack, goddamnit. “It’s my pleasure to help.”

“Um-” the student whose stuff is being picked off the floor by two random bystanders looks rather confused, “I can just pick it up by myse-”

“NO.” Junmyeon picks up the pace, glancing at Yixing’s progress out of the corner of his eye. he’s faster. “It’s alright we got it.”

Pen, pen, eraser, pencil, folder, book- I dropped something-

Junmyeon ups his speed another notch, his biceps burning and his vision blurring. He’s a nice guy, he can do this. He can’t lose, won’t lose. He-

 

“What did Junmyeon hyung lose to Yixing hyung in this time?” Jongin asks with a sigh as he presses a kiss to Kyungsoo’s temple, sliding into the seat next to his boyfriend and eyeing Junmyeon’s unmoving body on the table with pity.

“He won’t tell me, I think he’s still in denial,” Kyungsoo feeds Jongin a bite of his kimbap and rests his head on the younger’s shoulder.

“In denial that he lost or in denial about his feelings for Yixing hyung?”

Junmyeon’s head shoots up at Jongin’s smug comment. “FEELINGS?! Who said anything about feelings?! He had an unfair head start, he was bound to pick up more supplies than me in the end!”

The couple sitting across from him sends Junmyeon placating looks. Kyungsoo tsks in fake disappointment.  “Really hyung? You ‘lost’ in picking up someone’s dropped supplies? I can’t believe you.”

“What a disgrace,” Jongin shakes his head as he plays along with his boyfriend’s sarcasm, a faint smile ghosting across his lips.

“I’m telling you, he had an unfair advantage!” Junmyeon throws his hands in the air.

“Relax and eat your lunch, princess,” Kyungsoo rolls his eyes, “No one could care less about your one sided competition with Yixing hyung.”

“I care!” Junmyeon protests, ignoring Kyungsoo’s soft murmur of “Exactly,” and continuing, “He doesn’t look like it, but I’m sure Yixing knows about all 372 of his victories against me.”

“Um,” Jongin interjects, shoving a spoonful of yogurt into his boyfriend’s mouth to stop the snarky comment that would have been otherwise unavoidable, “I don’t want to rain on your parade, hyung, but Yixing can’t even remember the passcode to unlock his locker, much less whatever competition you’re talking about.”

“What, then how does he get to his stuff?”

“His friend Minseok hyung is usually there to unlock it for him,” Jongin finally removes the spoon from a pouty Kyungsoo’s mouth, lightly pecking the older on the lips in a silent apology.

“Kim Minseok?” Junmyeon knows of the elder, though he definitely didn’t know about Minseok’s friendship with Yixing.

“They’re pretty close for just friends,” Kyungsoo, that sly motherer, waggles his eyebrows at Junmyeon. “Rumor has it that they might be just a little bit more.”

“That doesn’t concern me in the slightest,” Junmyeon’s voice is tight as he finally pulls out his lunch with ten minutes left to spare, a bitter taste in his mouth despite not having eaten yet.

On the way back to their classes, Jongin pulls his boyfriend aside into an empty hallway. “Soo, why’d you say that?”

“Say what?” Kyungsoo his head to the side, looking just as adorably squishy as the first time Jongin laid his eyes on him. Unlike back then, Jongin knows better.

“Don’t give me that look, you know what I’m talking about. Everyone and their cousin knows that Minseok is extremely taken, and definitely not by Yixing hyung.”

“Everyone except Junmyeon,” Kyungsoo corrects, “And that’s exactly what we need.”

“It is?”

Kyungsoo ruffles at Jongin’s hair. “Yes silly. Junmyeon is so focused on trying to be nicer than Yixing that he doesn’t realize Yixing’s feelings. Hell, he doesn’t even realize his own feelings.”

“Yixing’s feelings?!” Jongin’s eyes go wide at the new revelation.

Kyungsoo flicks the younger on the forehead. “God, you’re almost as bad as Junmyeon. How on earth did you manage to snag a deal like me?”

“Luck,” Jongin kisses Kyungsoo on the cheek, beaming at the flush that spreads across the elder’s face before taking off down the hall. “And my dashing good looks!”

“You cocky little -” Kyungsoo chases after his fleeing boyfriend, “Get back here so I can smother you in embarrassing kisses!”

“You’ll have to catch me first!”

By the time Junmyeon gets home, he’s held the door open for 9 students, passed out the papers in all his classes, and even managed to comfort 3 of his female classmates about breakups, offering his shoulder to cry on.

He’s feeling pretty good about his work, until he sees Yixing walk an old lady across the street after school and proceeds to spend the rest of his afternoon loitering by that same intersection, waiting to help potential elderly that may also need help crossing the street. Instead, he ends up getting reported to the police as a suspicious figure and receives a brief scolding by the authorities before returning home.

“I’m back,” he calls into the empty house, his lonely footsteps echoing throughout the open space as he heads to his bedroom.

His family isn’t necessarily loaded, but they can definitely be considered well off. They come from a line of ambitious workaholics:  his parents are constantly at the company managing transactions and deals and Junmyeon rarely gets the chance to see them. Junmyeon’s brother is four years older and their parents’ pride and joy, graduating from a pristine and highly competitive university in just three years and already starting up his own promising business. There’s little Junmyeon can do now that Junyoung hasn’t.

He’s never been quite e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter