Chapter Three

Where'd You Go?

A/N: I really wish i could work on these more but oh well November is passing far more quickly than i thought it would. Must be all of these papers i have to write for Uni too.This one's short but on the 16th y'all will finally see Amber! enjoy~


Kris’ fingers curled into fists, Amber was suffering from amnesia with some bastard pretending to be her husband. He could be taking advantage of her, at this very moment. “Tell me you know where she is.” He spoke through clenched teeth but to his dismay Chen shook his head. “Doctor Yixing said she didn’t have any identification, and the husband never gave his, he only supplied them with names; Lee Soryong, and Lee Eunyoung. Both Korean names. Rather suspicious don’t you think? It would’ve been much more inconspicuous if he used Chinese names. Either way, we looked into it and no one by those names exists in China right now.”

Kris stood up again this time far more controlled, with his hands behind his back, Kris walked over to his window which looked out into the garden. He was silent for a moment before he spoke “So what are you going to do?”

Chen fiddled with his coffee cup, taking another quick sip before tossing two more sugar cubes. The coffee was so bitter it was hard to believe anyone could drink it. “Well, those names may not be real, but I received word from my partner, Minseok, you remember him right?” Still glancing out of the window he nodded vaguely remember the feline featured male. “Well he stayed in China while I came to deliver this news. He just informed me that he went around the market not too far from the clinic, showing pictures of Amber, asking if anyone had seen her. A child whom he showed the picture to recognized her, and led him to her mother. From what I make of it this woman was her neighbor and when she found out someone was searching for her she nearly died of concern.”

Once more Chen lifted the coffee to his mouth, the now cooler coffee was still incredibly bitter, he had no choice but to give up on. With a discontent sigh he continued “She was concerned over the wellbeing of Lee Eunyoung and her husband, Lee Soryong. The young couple who had stayed at same apartment complex for three months. Apparently she and Eunyoung, sorry Amber, were really good friends. And when the couple moved away she was sad to see them go. Minseok asked if he’d ever noticed anything strange happening with them, and she mentioned that a lot of men would be constantly coming and going from the house.”

Kris froze, they wouldn’t have been hurting her, they better have not been. His hands clenched into fists as his side, if he found out they had hurt a single hair on her head, he’d make them pay.

“She admitted that she was at a few times worried for Eunyoung, but that she later learned they weren’t there to see her but to see her husband Soryong. Though she couldn’t specifically tell him much about her husband, she did say Soryong sort of acted like a body guard to her. She was never seen without him, and he was only seen without her when she was having treatment done at the clinic.”

“Did she have any idea where they moved to?” Kris asked finally turning around, his eyes meeting Chen’s with some renewed determination. “She didn’t know where exactly but Amber did mention to her that would be moving to Shanghai. Soryong had told her his brother was there.” Chen stood up from his seat to meet Kris’ gaze without feeling like he was being looked down on. “You understand we’re not really any closer to finding her right? Shanghai is an enormous city, and the Chinese Police force won’t like the idea of a Korean Police force running through their city trying to hunt down someone who might live there.”

Crossing his hands across his chest, Kris shook his head “No, they might not. But I’m sure they’d agree to help out if we tell them. There are some people in the Chinese Police force who owe me a few favors.” Sitting down at his seat he pulled open a drawer from his desk and pulled out an address book. Within a few seconds he found what he was looking for and began to dial a number. “GE!” he heard someone yell before Kris could get a single word out followed by a long stream of Chinese words that were spoken to fast for him to really understand. “Tao, I need to ask a favor. There’s someone I need to find, do you know anyone in Shanghai that can help me out?”