Pre-start

Piece Of You

The moment she accidentally told him about the story behind the scar in her shoulder, she knew that it would start to complicate things between him and her; that he would start to realize that she was not her.

 

Her.

He sees her in her.

 

Not because she reminded him of her, but because she looked like exactly like her. She’s her twin sister after all and she didn’t know that she exists.

 

He’s looking at vaguely at her. She knows, she knows that this day would come, that she would need to face him and told him everything. But she’s afraid, afraid the he would not accept her, that he would keep insisting that she is her.

 

It happened one month ago, she wanted to die that day to stop everything from hurting, to stop living in this cruel world but instead of dying... she was saved by her, for her to live as her. She woke up not remembering everything and that’s when she starts to live as her.

 

The last weeks of her life are completely perfect not until her memories came back. She wants to runaway again but there are so many people that are stopping her from doing it. Those people made her really happy, utterly happy because she never had real friends and a mother before. She never had someone who would do everything just to make her happy, that someone who cares so much about her.

 

Her memories with him filled her mind, even though they are just limited, for her it’s so precious that she wanted to repeat them all over again and because of that she envies her for having someone like Han Yi An.

 

“Go EunByul.”

 

She closes her eyes as she heard that name that she gets used to hear from everyone. She remembered him saying that he liked the new EunByul, she felt so happy when he said those words because she wanted him to notice the real her but when she thinks of it again, she realize that he still sees her in her. She almost forgot that she was not her, that she knows deep down inside she can’t be her, she’s far away from being her.

 

“You’re EunByul right?”

 

She can hear the desperation in his voice but she can’t lie to him anymore. She looked straight into his eyes, his nearness, self-assurance, and the good-natured tenderness of his smile are all gone and replace by confusion, anger, pain and desperation... She wants to say no but she doesn’t want to hurt him more. The tears she’s been holding back for so long starts to fall as she said the word that would crush him.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

Two words that confirms everything and in that split of second she felt a sudden pang in her chest, it's like there's a knife that keeps on stabbing her heart... Things will be different after this, and that thought is intoxicating. It scares her that YiAn might never accepts her.

 

"Please stop lying!" she was startled by his voice. He never raise his voice at her and most of all he never looked at her the way he's looking at her right now. Like it pains him to see her.

 

EunBi badly wants to hold him close, but she's so scared. So instead she just bow her head and continue crying.

She can't do anything to stop the pain he's feeling right now.

She did that, she caused that pain.