Chapter Two

You're So Cute (I Want To Wear You Like A Suit)

I don't know if anyone was looking forward to this, but here's the next part. Please don't be afraid to tell me what you think ^_^


"So, was that the reason you were invading my privacy?"

Letting out a tired sigh, Sunggyu takes the folder from his secretary's extended hand. He had expected Hoya to say something the second he stepped out of the conference room grinning like the fool he is, but he had been surprisingly quiet and stayed that way for nearly an hour. That has to be a new record for the younger man; he never passes up an opportunity to say something snarky. But he seems to be physically incapable of restraining himself because here he is, being an . If he weren't still so hung up on Sungjong's parting words Sunggyu would definitely rip into Hoya about his smart mouth, not to mention his penchant for eavesdropping. "No, I was just being a good boss and making sure you're doing alright."

"Yeah, right," Hoya scoffs. "A good boss wouldn't subject his employee to his terrible attempts at flirting. What kind of line was that, anyway?"

"Do you want to keep your job?" Even if it is true, he doesn't appreciate the younger man pointing it out.

The secretary relents, his hands lifting briefly in surrender as he sinks into the chair front of his boss' desk. That seems to be the end of it, but Hoya has never been one to stay silent when there are laughs to be had at someone else's expense. Leaning forward, he rests his elbows on his knees and, in turn, his chin in his hands and says, "You know, if you wanted my help all you had to do was ask. I am your assistant, after all."

"I can handle it fine on my own, thanks." It is embarrassing enough that he knows as much as he does, Sunggyu doesn't need him getting even more involved. Flipping through the papers in his hand, he tries to ignore the condescending smile being directed at him.

"Well, the kid did look pretty happy when he left," Hoya notes, a thoughtful look passing across his features as his fingers drum against his cheeks. "Did put a ring on it?"

"You really need to update your music library." Sunggyu has no clue why he is entertaining his secretary's invasive questions; the younger man had offered to help, but still had yet to do so. However, desperation can make a man do questionable things and the director tries not to think too much about it as he continues, "Anyway, it's not like that. We’re just friends… I think."

"We both know you want more than that. And I can tell Sungjong does too. I mean, he called you cute; no sane— I mean, un-infatuated— person would do that. It's pretty obvious if you read between the lines."

Sunggyu doesn’t know how Hoya came to any of those conclusions (and he doesn’t want to), but the secretary does have a point. Although Sungjong hasn't explicitly stated his feelings, his actions and words provide strong evidence of what he might be feeling. And he does want to be with Sungjong, he’s just scared— of everything. If his smug smile is anything to go by, Hoya knows he's right as well, which makes the older man that much more reluctant to agree. Focusing on more important matters, the director signs the last page of the folder he had barely glanced at before handing it back to his assistant. He has no idea how Hoya suddenly became his love coach, but he really doesn't need another reason to give him a raise.

"I wonder if I should set you up on that date after all," Sunggyu muses as Hoya turns to leave. "You're getting way too invested in my personal life."

"Didn't we already decide you need a lot more help than I do?"

But if he fires him then he doesn't have to pay him at all.

 

~*~

 

Sungjong needs to stop smiling. His coworkers keep giving him weird looks and Myungsoo is sure there's something wrong with him. But he can't really blame them; he's probably only smiled once since he started working here. Anyway, it's not like he can help it— he's just so happy. His otherwise mundane day was made considerably brighter when Sunggyu finally confessed. Of course, no one else knows about it so he can understand why his sudden good mood looks so suspicious.

Truthfully, he's kind of confused too. It's only been a month, but he can't deny he's developed some feelings for the older man. Which is weird because that's his boss— he can't have a crush on his boss, that's so unprofessional. But Sunggyu likes him too so it's not so bad, at least he hopes it isn't. Rather than worrying about improper office relationships, Sungjong is more concerned with making a confession of his own. As much as he enjoys teasing and flustering the director, he would like nothing more than to let his feelings be known.

"Hey, Myungsoo," Sungjong calls, abandoning the unfinished report in front of him. He hasn't been able to focus all day and there's no use pretending anymore. "You read a lot of manhwa, right?"

Looking up from his own work, Myungsoo scratches his head, not very satisfied with the younger boy's assessment of his reading habits. "I wouldn't say 'a lot'. Just— you know— a normal, average amount for someone my age."

"Right. Anyway, how do the main characters usually confess to the person they like?"

"Well, it's almost always an accident that more often than not ends in rejection, but they usually win them over in the end."

Sungjong can only sigh, completely unimpressed by his friend's unhelpful response; he can't relate to any of that so it's all very useless. He didn't expect much, but he still appreciates the effort. He finds himself sighing once again when Sungyeol wheels his lanky frame in between them, an impish smile curving his lips.

"Why are you asking Myungsoo for dating advice? He's never even seen a girl in real life."

"And you have?" Sungjong doesn't like associating himself with the other intern, but Sungyeol is harder to shake than the flu.

"I have a mom, don't I?" The older boy eyes him skeptically before that troublesome smile returns as he leans far too close, eyebrows raised suggestively. "Who are you trying to confess to? It's me, isn't it? I always knew this would happen."

Sungjong can't even begin to explain everything that's wrong with that statement, but he's willing to try. Just as he is about to list every reason why Sungyeol makes absolutely no sense Woohyun emerges from his office and the three interns scramble to look hard at work. The team leader barely glances in their direction, but they continue pretending to be busy until he finally leaves the room. Once he's sure their boss is not coming back, the younger boy shucks the paper he was pretending to read and shoots a glare at Sungyeol.

"I never said I liked anyone and even if I did it definitely wouldn't be you."

"Right." Sungyeol drags out the word, a big grin plastered on his face. "Is it Myungsoo?"

"God, no."

"You didn't have to answer so quickly." On the other side of the tall intern Myungsoo looks rather put off and Sungjong actually feels a little bad. He does like the older boy, but only as a friend.

Sliding his chair closer to the sulky intern, Sungyeol puts his arm around him, giving his shoulder a firm squeeze. "Well, I still like you."

Sungjong doesn't miss the light blush that slowly creeps onto Myungsoo's cheeks, but decides against commenting on it; he doesn't want to be a part of whatever is going on between them. He has other things to worry about, anyway. Like telling a certain director how he feels. His friends weren't of any help so he'll just have to be straightforward about it— that sounds easy enough.

 

~*~

 

Sunggyu needs a new best friend. Or maybe he just shouldn't have invited Woohyun along for lunch. From the moment they left the building the younger man had been pestering him with questions about Sungjong. It was annoying enough to make Sunggyu want to strangle him (or push him into oncoming traffic). He took too long to decide, however, as they were already at the restaurant; somehow he would find a way to shut Woohyun up.

Food, as it turns out, is a very effective solution. Once the bowl is placed in front of him, Woohyun finally stops talking, his sole focus becomes getting as much of the food in his stomach as fast as possible. That's another reason Sunggyu doesn't like taking him to eat: he eats like he isn't paying for it— probably because he usually doesn't.

Ironically enough, now that Woohyun isn't talking Sunggyu feels a sudden urge to fill the silence. It doesn't seem like it will make much of a difference though, seeing as the younger man has yet to look up from his bowl.

"You know, I didn't bring you here just to eat." Sunggyu tries not to lose his appetite as his friend finally stops eating and proceeds to talk with his mouth full. No words make it through the mess in his mouth and Sunggyu is once again wishing he didn't know him. "Do you talk to Dongwoo like that too?"

Woohyun thankfully takes the time to chew his food before attempting to speak again. "We don't really talk much when we go out to eat."

"That's something I could've gone without knowing."

"I just meant we both like to eat." Quirking an eyebrow, Woohyun smirks. "What did you think I was talking about?"

"Nothing." Taking a cue from his friend, the director stuffs his face with food in an attempt to escape from having to explain himself. If anyone asks, the hot soup he's currently slurping is the cause of his cheeks and definitely nothing else.

Woohyun, of course, knows better, but fortunately declines to comment. He looks thoughtful as he chews on a spoonful of rice before noting, "Actually, we don't really talk when we stay in either."

Sunggyu wonders if he should let the gulp of water he just took that is struggling to go down his throat end his life; surely that would be better than hearing his best friend divulge unnecessary details of his budding relationship. But his will to live is too strong and he just barely makes it through a fit of coughing.

"I definitely did not need to know that."

"Then you shouldn't have asked. Don't you have a boyfriend of your own to worry about?"

"He's not my boyfriend." Sunggyu doesn't think he can blame his heated face on the food anymore.

"It's not like you don't want him to be." Woohyun gives him a knowing look, the younger man's eyes daring him to deny it. "Tell me again why you guys aren't together?"

His friend could be so demanding, but Sunggyu would much rather talk to him about this stuff than Hoya; he definitely doesn't have to worry about paying him extra. "Because he doesn't like me as much as I like him."

"I wouldn't be so sure of that." Smiling vaguely, Woohyun pauses to take a sip of water (and to draw out the suspense) before continuing, "He's been a literal ray of sunshine all morning and I know for a fact it's because of you."

"Really?" Judging from his brief encounter with Sungjong earlier Sunggyu never imagined his confession would have that kind of effect on the young intern.

"Yeah. What did you do anyway; all that smiling is freaking everyone out."

"I just told him I liked him and he said I was cute." Even though it was hours ago, Sunggyu still feels a bit giddy when he thinks of that moment and he can barely hold back the smile threatening to split his face in two. His friend is understandably less enthused, most likely having found something to complain about.

"It's so obvious he likes you. Why are you being an idiot?"

"You know, I'm still your boss."

Woohyun doesn't look the least bit apologetic as he leans back in his chair with his arms crossed. "Right now you're my romantically deficient best friend who needs all the help he can get. For the love of everything holy, just talk to Sungjong."

"Since when did you become a relationship expert?" Rather than admit that Woohyun is right, Sunggyu decides to question his abilities instead. He had to give the younger man advice not too long ago so he knows it is a valid question.

"It must be the power of love," Woohyun replies with a grin; he seems to have an answer for everything.

Sunggyu isn't sure who he should hit first: Woohyun, for being so cheesy or himself for thinking it was a good idea to talk to him.

"What did Dongwoo do to deserve a boyfriend like you?"

"I'll take that as a compliment."