Chapter 7

Bad Girl

To other couples, honeymoon period is the time where the lovebirds spend time together to get to know each other more on an intimate level, or at least that is how Yifan understands.

 

His honeymoon was vastly different.

 

Both of them decided to go to Maldives as their honeymoon spot, which explained how both of them were dressed in holiday gear at the airport. He was wearing a loose fitting cotton shirt paired with an equally loose-fitting pants while carrying a backpack. Eden, on the other hand, was wearing a powder blue cotton dress and a sun hat.

 

“Kris Wu,” she muttered to him as they were walking through the airport lounge, “do you always travel like this?” Yifan hummed and looked around them; people were constantly taking pictures of them and there were even representatives from different news agency snapping the pictures of the two of them with DSLR cameras that cost a fortune. “So suffocating,” she remarked as she put on her sunglasses as the camera flashes were getting too much.

 

“Get used to it,” he replied quite bluntly. His patience were at the edge since he was starting to get hungry and the crowd surrounding the two of them was a bit too much.

 

Once they got to the check-in counter, they handed the luggage and obtain their issues boarding passes. Both of them were ready to leave for the boarding lounge when Eden suddenly stopped him with a stretch of her hand. “Are they coming along too?” Her chin jerked in the direction of a group of ladies, who were holding cameras, snapping photos in their direction.

 

“I think so,” Yifan replied, “they’re the obsessive stalker fans.”

 

Eden groaned, “How do you even live?”

 

“I breathe in and out,” he laughed with a joke, “come on, you’ll get used to it very soon. It’s not like I can sue them.”

 

Her eyebrows narrowed and her lips curved downwards, “Still, so annoying having to play this couple game.” She gingerly slotted her arm into his and stepped closer; the fake couple game. Yifan smiled and placed his other hand onto her arms and walked.

 

“Are they bloody kidding me?” Eden exclaimed in disbelief once she found out that the fan club decided to follow them even into the first class cabin. Yifan nodded at her. She groaned and sunk into her seat. Yifan chuckled, knowing that things could get interesting.

 

Throughout the journey, Eden kept throwing looks at the fanclubs, who were trying to take picture of both of them not so sneakily. She would let out a sound of despair whenever she threw a look. The frequency had gotten more and Yifan knew that Eden was about to snap.

 

“Ladies,” he heard her voice as he came back from the toilet. He hid himself behind a curtain to listen to the event as it unfolded. “I appreciate that you decided to tag along our honeymoon but must you really do this? Yifan is not on his schedule and he’s very tired from the wedding just like I am. Can we get a break?” There were a few grumble and a hushed exchange of conversation before everything quiet down.

 

Yifan walked back in and saw that the fan club was in order, their cameras were in bag and everyone had their seats reclined to the back. The stewardess, who had a stressed out look before, smiled at him and showed his way back to the seat.

 

“What did you do?” He whispered to Eden, who was reading a book with her feet up and her hand twisting a strand of her hair, “did you send them death threats?” He was surprised at how the fan club became orderly and quiet. Usually, they would keep snapping his picture to a point that he would not dare to sleep for they would even take picture of him sleeping.

 

“Something like that,” Eden replied cooly.

 

His eyes widened, “You’re going to give me a bad rep, Eden. You can’t do this.”

 

“Relax,” she laughed as her eyes moved from the book to him, “I recited a few lines on airline policy saying they’ll be thrown out if they keep bothering you.”

 

“Wow, you know the airport policy by heart?” He was impressed.

 

“Does anyone really read the policy?” She moved slightly closer and whispered, “it’s all about how confidently you can bluff, Kris Wu. You’ll be surprised how well it works sometimes.”

 

Her smile was smug as she said so.

 

~~~



 

Their pseudo-honeymoon was interesting. That is how he would put.

 

They both lived in the same bungalow; Eden took the bed while he took the biggest couch. During the day, they would go on to do activities that their parents had booked; scuba diving, seafood dining, coral reef viewing, speed boat driving, etc. At night, they retire to their own space; he would read scripts of the projects that people had sent over while she read papers that she pulled out from her little file. The file had endless documents, he could swear.

 

Of course, the fan club decided to follow them and Eden still finds them irritating. However, she came up with a strategy; the one where the two would pose to the fans’ content and spend time with them for a while in every location that they all followed the couple, with the promise that none of the picture from this vacation would be submitted to the media outlet and will remain strictly on the fansite forum.

 

“I will sue your houses off if you breach this,” Eden spoke into her phone recorder harshly before she passed the phone to the fans so that they all recited their name and the fansite they represented. Yifan stood there, in awe, at how this girl sounded so savage yet managed to control his fanclub that he never could.

 

Just like that, the honeymoon period passed.

 

~~~

 

The couple’s new abode awaited for their return from the honeymoon. Yifan had only been to the new house while the house was still under renovation. He didn’t take much interest in it. All he did was telling Eden that he wanted his own large room.

 

However, Eden went overboard.

 

Three storeyed house; 5 rooms, a small gym, a spacious living room, a well-lit dining room, airy ventilated kitchen, laundry room, drying room, activity room. Yifan had lost count as he walked around the house.

 

“Do you like it?” She asked as she finished giving him a brief tour of the house.

 

Yifan glanced around the living room, “You really outdid yourself.”

 

“Oh, you also contributed,” she replied with a shrug, “I’ve already sent you an invoice.”

 

His jaw fell, “You did not.”

 

“Yes, I did. We went dutch. Half-half.” Her reply was so casual and business-like. Yifan groaned and immediately checked his bank account on his phone. Just as he expected, his bank account had quite significantly dropped in number.

 

Afterwards, the couple moved their luggage to their respective room. Interestingly, her room was right in front of his. “If there’s an emergency situation,” which he understood as unexpected parental visits, “we can run into your room and pretend it’s the main bedroom.”

 

“How are we going to solve if they want to go into your room?” He asked, unsure about how this will work.

 

Eden’s cheeks started to deepen in colour, “I…” she started but soon she was lost for words, “you’d better come and see…” She opened the door to her room and led him in.

 

It was decorated into a child’s nursery. The room was decorated in ivory wallpapers and other details that were suited for a baby. In the middle of the room was a cot and Yifan was thoroughly confused, “You’re not planning to sleep in this cot, are you? I know you’re small and all but this is too much.”

 

She looked at him and rolled her eyes before pressing a button on a wall. A mechanical, small whirring noise appeared and a bed unfolded out from the wall.

 

“Smart,” Yifan had to give it to her intelligence and the ability to think attention to detail.

 

Eden chuckled and nodded, “Of course, I work to feed a small army of staff. I can do this much.”

 

Both of them walked down and he took his place in the living room while Eden excused herself into the kitchen to fix something for afternoon tea.

 

Ding~dong~ding~dong~

 

The doorbell started to ring just as Yifan took his place on the sofa to watch a movie he selected.

 

“I’ll get it!” Yifan announced and walked towards the front door.

 

Behind the door stood a man. He is about his height; he has a set of heavy lidded round eyes, his nose slightly hooked, and a pair of full lips. As soon as the stranger saw Yifan, “Hello, is Bai Xue home? You must be Yifan. Hi!” His voice was deep and low but the way he spoke was cheerful and his face lit up brightly as he smiled and greeted Yifan.

 

“Who is it?” Eden’s voice appeared from behind before she reached the door.

 

“Zhou Ye!” The guy greeted loudly and laughed as he stretched his arms out sideways. [Note: Zhou Ye = Master Zhou. The respectful term that is given towards someone who is much powerful or older than one.]

 

Eden’s eyes widened before she screeched, “FRUIT!!!!” Yifan had never knew her voice could reach this high as he winced from the sound.

 

Yifan stood near the two people with a confused face. The guy’s arms has completely enveloped Eden, who was also hugging him with the same enthusiasm; both of them laughing and squealing as they jumped in circle.


~~~

 

[Author's monologue:] If you have been with me for a while, you all know I have a habit of updating frequently when i want and disappear for some time. Lol. I hope you enjoyed the chapter.