Final

Rude Love

I’m sitting on my couch, feet planted on the table in front of it and eyes staring at the TV. I decide to check my phone and see if anyone’s online. My friend, Sana, is online and I smile. I click the chat button and type “Hey, Sana!” She responds immediately.

 

“Hi! How’s my little eagle Dahyun doing~” I scrunch my nose and smile at my phone as I type back.

 

“I’m okay. How’re you?”

 

“I’m great, actually! Nayeon and I are just about to go to dinner.” I can imagine Sana’s face lightening up at the mention of her girlfriend. They’ve been dating for the past 2 years and it’s the happiest I’ve ever seen either of them be. I sometimes get really jealous of them. Mostly because I’ve never experienced anything like it before. A certain someone appears in my head, smiling at me. I forcibly shake my head and respond to Sana.

 

“Well, I hope you two have a good time, you little ducklings.” I end.

 

“Thank you! By the way, what’s the status of your crush?” Oh great. Just when I was about to get her out of my head, I think. Just as I’m about to respond, the devil herself walks in. I inhale deeply at the sight. She’s wearing a tight tank top coupled with camouflage leggings, completely flaunting her S-line. Her hair’s up in a loose ponytail and her face a little shiny from sweat.

 

“Hi, Dahyun~” her sweet voice calls out. I smile at her and try to ignore the fluttery feeling in my stomach.

 

“Hey, Tzuyu. How was practice?” She dances and sings with some other girls around the area and perform locally. Tzuyu keeps trying to get me to be interested in it, but I always decline.

 

“You’d be a GREAT addition to the team,” she always says. No matter how many times she does her aegyo toward me(believe me, it takes A LOT to decline her aegyo).

 

“It went well. We mostly worked on dancing. I feel really gross. I’m gonna hit the showers.”

 

“Okay! We can watch a movie afterwards, if you want.” I replied with a little too much enthusiasm. I clear my throat a little, praying that she didn’t catch it. She raises her eyebrows and giggles at me.

 

“Great! I’ll be out in a few.” She gives me a wink and smirk. Once she’s walked out of the room, I feel my heartbeat. It has doubled. I remember Sana has messaged me, so I give a quick answer.

 

“Still the same as ever. :(” 

 

“That .” she messages me back. “So, are you ever going to tell her?”

 

“We’ve already talked about this, Sana. Our friendship would be ruined if I told her my feelings. I don’t want to lose her.”

 

“And what if it won’t? Maybe, by keeping this to yourself, you’re unknowingly drifting it apart. Look, I have to go. But please think about it.” I look at Sana’s response questionably. Nah, I think to myself. By not telling her, nothing will change and everything will be fine. I smile to myself, believing that my brain had figured it out, but I couldn’t help but think about it.

 

I didn’t realize how much time had past until I heard the shower water stop. My mind starts to wander and think of her in the shower, hot water all over her body…

 

I shake and smack my head several times to get the image out of my head.

 

Ugh! Stupid Dahyun! Stop thinking of Tzuyu in that way! She will never see as anything more than a friend.

 

“Are you okay, Dahyun?” I look up and see Tzuyu wrapped in an orange bathrobe, looking at questionably. My heart quickens at the sight and I look away quickly.

 

“What? Oh I’m fine, Tzuyu. Nothing’s wrong,” I say quickly. Her eyebrows raise even more at my nervous speech.

 

“You sure? You’ve been acting a little weird lately.”

 

“W-weird? How?” I say nervously.

 

“I don’t know. You just seem a little more distant.” She walks over and sits next to me. I gulp being this close to her while she’s wearing nothing but a bathrobe. I try to keep a straight face. “Is there anything you’re not telling me?”

 

I start playing with my hair, looking at its orange and pink ends.

 

“No. Nothing at all.” I can feel Tzuyu’s eyes toward the side of my head. What IF I came clean to Tzuyu? What would happen?

 

“Come on, Dahyun. You can tell me anything. Don’t you trust me?” Tzuyu placed her left hand on top of my right and my breathing seized for a few seconds. I felt electricity flow through my arm when she touched me. All I wanted her to do was to continue up it, sending more shocks up my arm.

 

“O-of course I do!” I stuttered. Tzuyu’s eyes softened as she smiled at me.

 

“Okay. So, what is it you want to tell me?” Tzuyu asked.

 

Oh god, am I REALLY about to confess? 

 

“Alright. Um, here it goes.” I say nervously. I stare at Tzuyu’s eyes and in that one look, I did the thing I’ve always wanted to do. I lean in and kiss her softly on the lips. She doesn’t respond. I let go after a few seconds and stare into her eyes again. They looked shocked and confused.

 

“I like you,” I finally said. I moved my hand away from hers and stared at the ground. The silence was killing me and I wasn’t sure how long it went on for, before she started speaking again.

 

“You… like me?” I nod slowly as I feel tears slightly appearing on the rims of my eyelids.

 

“I should, um, leave you alone,” I said. I started getting up when a hand caught my wrist. I look and it’s Tzuyu holding me back.

 

“No.” She pulls me down so that I’m sitting again.

 

“I just told you that I have feelings for you, not to mention the fact that I kissed you. Why aren’t you pushing me away?”

 

“Well, because I don’t want to push you away.” Tzuyu grabbed both of my hands and held them to her heart. She smiled at me fondly with her eyes and lips. I looked at her confusedly.

 

“What does this mean?” I asked. Tzuyu leaned in until she was an inch away from our faces.

 

“I like you too.” I started blushing furiously. Tzuyu giggled and smiled with her teeth.

 

“W-what is it?”

 

“Nothing. It’s just that you look so adorable blushing.” I closed my eyes, embarrassed of my dumb facial expressions. Then it hit me. My crush said she liked me back. The person who I had  secret feelings for, liked me back. I look back at her. Her eyes are still staring at me.

 

“Wait wait wait,” I said quickly. Tzuyu looked at me curiously. “You like me too?” She giggles again and nods. “Oh my god, you like me back! This is amazing! I never thought anything like this would happen and I thought our friendship would be RUINED if-” Tzuyu holds my cheek, shushing me.

 

“You talk way too much.” I blush again and mumble “Sorry.”.

 

“I can make it up to you, though,” I smile.

 

“How so?” She teases.

 

“By doing this~” I lean in and captures her lips. I smile into the kiss and wrap my arms around her neck. She entangles her arms around my waist. I don’t remember how long it went for. All I know is that it didn’t matter.

 

That night, we held each other like our life depended on it.

 

“Chewy?” I spoke up. She giggled at the little nickname.

 

“Yes, Dahyunnie?” She replied back. I positioned myself so that I was looking straight at her, and she was looking at me. Only me.

 

“Would you like to go on a date with me?” She smiles and nods her head.

 

“Yes.” I return the smile and snuggle into her neck. We stayed in this position for the rest of the night, and I thought to myself There’s no place I would rather be, then right here.