s h e

She

 

Click.

 

Click.

 

Click.

 

Click.

 

Damn it. She saw him. Taemin immediately stared at the brunette who was already glaring at him. Her eyes were piercing cold and again, she did something on her friend's palm — a round eye girl with plump lips and fair skin. She nodded at the brunette and gave her a warm smile.

 

Taemin gulped as the brunette walked towards her, “What do you think you're doing? Why are you taking pictures of us?” She stopped right in front of him. Her brow raised and he felt like her gaze was staring right through his soul.

 

“I, uhm. Well, I was just… I'm a photographer so I'm always around nature… like this… park?  A-and I've been seeing the two of you in here for a while.  And your friend… her smile, I think... I think her smile is pretty..” Taemin stuttered and he doesn't know why he was spouting creepy nonsense in front of a girl, a very intriguing girl who looks she's ready to claw out his heart, “I think she's very beautiful… and of course, you too!” He felt cold sweats running through his back as he explained.

 

The girl in front of him tilted her head and took a deep breath. Her lips pursed into a thin line and Taemin was glad when he saw her expression softening, “You think.. my friend is beautiful?” She asked and Taemin nodded slowly.

 

She glanced at her fair-skinned friend and she smiled softly, “Really?”

 

“Yeah, she is. Especially the way her eyes turn crescent when she smiles. Oh God- I just sounded like a creepy stalker. I'm sorry if I was taking pictures without any of your consent. I just capture everything that's beautiful.”

 

“Do you know Helen Keller?”  The girl asked and Taemin shook his head. She looked at him and gave a small smile, “Everyone, anyone, all of the people I've known finds her beautiful. Because she is, I sure have no doubt if you're the same as everyone.” She told him and left.

 

Taemin blinked, totally confused at what she just told him. Same as everyone? And then he saw what her friend did. She caress the brunette's face — feeling her lips, nose and eyes. That's when he gets it. She's blind.

 

 * * *

 

The first thing that Taemin did when he  got home was open his laptop and typed the name, “Helen Keller.”

 

His mouse clicked at the very first linked that appeared. He read through her biography and he found that Helen Keller was deafblind person. He stopped for a while and took out his camera, he looked at the photo he took and he stared — She was indeed beautiful.

 

Taemin realized how sincere her smile is, how she can find happiness in everything she touches, and he thinks she's really beautiful.

 

* * *

 

Jung Soojung has been taking care of Jinri ever since the accident. She felt partly guilty of what happened. She saw how much Jinri suffered, she saw how she got so depressed and frustrated from the sudden lack of communication she experienced.

 

So, Soojung cries for her best friend. She cries because Jinri didn't deserved it.

 

But she smiles when she sees her happy. She smiled when she finally found a way to communicate with Jinri, and she smiled when Jinri finally understood how to communicate with other people.

 

And she smiles when someone think that Jinri's beautiful.

 

* * *

 

Taemin hoped to see them again. A wide grin appeared on his face when they showed up and he casually walked behind them, tapping Soojung's shoulder.

 

Soojung turned towards him with a non-surprising looked. And Taemin felt awkward.

 

He cleared his throat and smiled at them, “I'm Taemin. I didn't get the chance to introduced myself the other day.”

 

Soojung blinked and only stared at him. And Taemin have never felt this uncomfortable in his life.

 

“And… I know who Helen Keller is now.” He pressed his lips into a thin line and gave her an awkward smile.

 

Soojung raised her brow at him before clearing , “And?”

 

“And… well…” Taemin bit his lower lip and shook his head. “And I think… I still think she's beautiful and I want to take one more photo of her beauty, I like how her smile is sincere, I like the way she appreciates every little thing. And if you give this permission I will be grateful.”  And he felt his blood went down.

 

He knows how creepy he sounded and it would be no surprise if they decided to call the police on him.

 

Soojung felt Jinri tugged her sleeve, she glanced at her and she saw her worried expression. She held Jinri's hand and soothed it, expressing her that everything is fine before staring back at Taemin.

 

“Then why don't you ask her yourself?” Soojung spoke and Taemin blinked.

 

“Jinri… Her name is Jinri and even though she's disabled, she can make decisions for herself. So ask her.” Soojung pulled Jinri beside her and the girl just blinked, and she cupped Soojung's hand.

 

“Uhm.. S-sure. I think I can ask her.”

 

“My name is Soojung by the way.” She murmured, she held Jinri's hand and opened the girl's hand before making a motion on her palm. I have someone who would like to meet you, is it okay?

 

Jinri held Soojung's face and felt her eyes and nose. She blinked a couple of times and scrunched her nose before nodding. Soojung smiled and pulled Taemin. She guided Jinri's hands on Taemin's face.

 

Her hand was smooth on his face. He noticed how gentle she his eyes, nose, cheeks and lips. He watched how Jinri's hands move on his neck and arm, Jinri reached his hand and opened it. Her fingers motioned a letter on his palm and he carefully watched.  I am Jinri.

 

Taemin smiled at her, amazed by the way she communicates. He took her hand and carefully opened. My name is Taemin.               

 

That's how another friendship started.

 

* * *

 

Jinri wonders what Taemin looked like. Soojung told her that Taemin is a very handsome guy and his voice was pretty and soft.

 

Jinri pouts every time she thinks of it. She thinks Taemin is a nice guy and she would like to see his face or hear his voice.

 

She already know what Soojung looks like and she knows the sound of Soojung voice because she already knew her before the accident. So, she's curious about Taemin.

 

* * *

 

Taemin  doesn't really know how to communicate with Jinri. The first time he asked to take a photo of her, she couldn't understand what he was implying on her hand. Soojung said he needs to learn hand-sign symbols because spelling isn't enough.

 

So he did. He practiced and studied, but he doesn't know why he's so damn nervous. Soojung asked him to pick up Jinri in her house because Soojung would be late due to her meeting.

 

Taemin greeted Jinri's parents and they smiled at him before guiding Jinri towards him. Jinri's hand immediately cupped his face and felt every structure of it. She smiled and tilted her head before  grabbing his hand. Taemin.

 

He smiled because she recognized him. He smiled even brighter because Jinri already knows his face structure. He grabbed her hands and nervously did the hand sign he learned, Soojung told me to pick you up. Shall we go?

 

Jinri chuckled and nodded at him. She wrapped her arm around his and Taemin felt his heart beating fast.

 

* * *

 

Jinri's sad and Taemin knows why. Soojung's been busier and she hasn't been with Jinri for a while. He pats her back and took her hand. Don't worry. I'm here to accompany you.

 

Jinri touched his face with her free hand and smiled. She reached for his hand and felt his palm, Can you tell me what's happening around us?

 

Taemin looked around and there wasn't anything that was happening. He stared at Jinri and smiled. I can see a couple. It looks like they're fighting.

 

Jinri pouted and he laughed at how cute she looked like. Why? They shouldn't be fighting.

 

That's what lovers do. They fight and then make up. That's what make them stronger.

 

Really? Are they still fighting?

 

Well, right now the boy just grabbed the girl and hugged her tight. And I think he's whispering an I love you to her.

 

He saw a smile lit up on her face and she closed his eyes before leaning on his shoulder. Taemin?

 

Yes?

 

Do  you think someone will love me? I'm pretty much useless.

 

Taemin looked at her. His brows ceased and his smile turned into a frown. He held her face and Jinri got a bit startled when he pecked her cheek.

 

You're not useless. You make a lot of people happy. Your parents, Soojung and Me.

 

Jinri blushed at what he motioned. She blinked a couple of times and smiled.

 

Thank you.

 

* * *

 

Soojung smiled when she saw Jinri lying down on Taemin's lap while they were sitting below the shade of the tree.

 

“Did she got tired?” She asked.

 

Taemin shrugged and smiled, “Yeah, she walked the dog, fed the ducks and a lot more.”

 

Soojung crouched down and pecked Jinri's forehead, “Sorry if I haven't been with you lately.” She mumbled and sat besides Taemin.

 

She leaned her head on his shoulder and sighed, “Just a little bit more. I can finally get her a hearing aid.”

 

Taemin stared at Soojung. He noticed how tired her face was and how pale she has been, “You know I can help, right?”

 

Soojung looked at him and she shook her head while smiling, “No, I own this to her. It was my fault anyway.” Soojung sighed and she closed her eyes, “Do you know… Jinri can actually still speak?”

 

* * *

 

Taemin officially hates Soojung. He hates how she told him that Jinri can still speak because it bothered him. It bothered him so much that he couldn't even sleep.

 

He wants to hear her voice. He wants to know if it's as gentle as her touch.

 

He wants to  know. But… his heart sunk when Soojung told him that Jinri's case was not a con disease, it was nothing but an unfortunate accident.

 

“You should ask her yourself.”

 

* *  *

 

Soojung thinks that Taemin likes Jinri. She wonder if Taemin has the guts to tell her and she laughed to herself.

 

“If it's for Jinri. I wouldn't hesitate to help. Let me help you.”

 

And Soojung thinks that Jinri likes Taemin as well.

 

“Soojung, if I cook for Taemin… do you think he'll like it?”

 

Soojung shook her head and smiled at the thought of her two best friend being together, but then that would make her a third-wheel.

 

* * *

 

Jinri couldn't sleep. She thinks about Taemin's lips on her cheek and it made her heart flutter. The feeling felt something new — she feels happy, excited, nervous, doubtful and scared.

 

There were mixtures of emotion and she felt like crying. She felt insecure because she knew that she felt something for him, but she thinks it's impossible for her to be actually loved.

 

* * *

 

Taemin and Jinri were again stuck with each other. Taemin was telling another non-existent story and Jinri would smile and laughed.

 

It didn't matter whether he was lying as long he makes her smile.

 

Jinri?

 

Yes?

 

I want to hear your voice.

 

Jinri pulled her hand away and held Taemin's face. If only she could see then her eyes would bore into his. Jinri smiled sadly and shook her head.

 

Taemin placed his hand of top of hers. He guided her hand on his nose and lips before mumbling a please.

 

Jinri felt how his lips move on her palm and she looked down, “T-taemin…” she mumbled ever so softly.

 

Taemin's breath hitched and he held her face while his other hand grabbed her hand. Say my name again.

 

Jinri her lower lip and breathe deeply, “Taemin…” She spoke, clearer and louder,

 

Taemin smiled widely and he hugged her tight, grinning from ear to ear, he looked at her and touched her lips.

 

Can I kiss you?

 

Jinri blinked and blushed deeply. Taemin laughed at her cuteness and he tucked her hair behind her ear. Jinri looked down and nodded her head.

 

Taemin smiled and leaned towards her. Their lips drawing nearer towards each other until it touched. Jinri felt butterflies on her stomach, his lips were soft and warm. She can feel her cheeks already hot and red.

 

His lips moves against hers, slowly and gently. Taemin held her with soft touches, afraid that he might break her anytime.

 

* * *

 

It was quiet. Not the awkward quiet, but the comfortable quiet. Taemin pecked Jinri's head and Soojung was still nowhere.

 

He caress her hand and looked at Jinri.

 

Can you tell me what happened? What happened to you?

 

Jinri blinked and she squeezed his hand. Her eyes were afar and her lips parted, “It happened when I was sixteen. Soojung asked me to go on a fair. And then one thing led to another, I was buying popcorn and an explosion happened. The loud boom tattered my ears and shard glass went to my eyes.”

 

“Soojung thinks it's her fault, but it's not. It was an accident.”

 

Taemin held Jinri and rubbed her arm.

 

“She worked so hard to fix me. I love Soojung so much. She's the person who's never gave up on me. My parents almost gave up on me but Soojung never did. She've done so much and I want to do so much for her.”

 

“Soojung's the reason why I am still here, and now you're another reason. I wish I could hear your voice and Soojung's voice… It would mean so much.”

 

He pecked her head and he stared at the girl in front of them. Soojung was already crying. She sat down besides Jinri and held her hand.

 

Jinri immediately sat up straight and squeezed Soojung's hand. Soojung took out something from her pocket and placed something on Jinri's ear.

 

Soojung pressed a button and smiled, “Can you hear me now?”

 

Jinri gasped and she searched for Soojung's face. She caress her face and she felt tears on her cheek. Jinri bit her lower lip and started to cry.

 

“S-soojung..” Jinri whispered.

 

“Jinri… can you hear me?” Jinri's tears fell more once she heard his voice. It was gentle and nice. It was sweet and she wouldn't get tired of it.

 

“Taemin… I can hear...” She mumbled almost in coherently.

 

They hugged each other and cried together.

 

* * *

 

Taemin went inside his car and glanced at his reflection in the rearview mirror.

 

He smiled proudly because it was the time.

 

“Hello Jung, is everything ready?” He asked with his phone on his shoulder. He chuckled as he heard Soojung's reply.

 

“Alright. I'm on my way there.”

 

* * *

 

Soojung held Jinri's hand while the bandage on her eyes was being peeled off. Her eye fluttered open and she looked around.

 

Soojung stood up and waved her hand in front of Jinri. “Can you see me?”

 

Jinri blinked a couple of more times and smiled widely. She looked at Soojung and pulled her into a hug, “Soojung, I can see! I can see… I can see colors… I can see…”

 

Soojung laughed and gave her a peck on the forehead, “Oh my God!”

 

Jinri looked around but she noticed that Soojung as the only one inside her room, “Taemin? Where is Taemin?”

 

* * *

 

Soojung pushed Jinri's  wheelchair and brought her to the garden behind the hospital. Jinri looked around, awed by the beauty of the different colors.

 

“Jinri…”

 

Her heart suddenly beat fastly when she heard a familiar voice called her name. In front of her was a tall young man, plump lips, big eyes, and fair skin.

 

He went towards her and Jinri could already feel her tears spilling and she covered . He knelt in front of her and took out a ring, “You are so beautiful and I wonder, can I take more photos with you throughout our years?”

 

Jinri's hand reached for her fast and she caress it, she closed her eyes and  traced his eyes, nose and lips. She bit her lower lip and pressed her forehead against his, “Yes. Let take photos throughout out years.”

 


Happy ending for every taelli shippers! <3 Sorry for the mistakes it's 1:37 am and I don't know what I just wrote.