Chapter 5: Accomplishments

A Week with iKON
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Would you mind looking after her?" He put the blanket on Hani. She had been sleeping since after she lost consciousness earlier.

"No problem." I gave him a small smile before silence filled the room. Knowing that I wouldn't do something to make the two of us converse, he initiated the talk.

"I'm Hanbin by the way or B.I.. Whatever you want to call me." He already said that earlier, what's the point of repeating? Plus, he's not a stranger to me anymore after what my best friend has been informing me this whole time.

"I'll just call you Hanbin. That's what my best friend calls you anyway." I noticed the look on his face so I kept on talking. "..She's your fan. A die hard one that no one can stop."

"Really? Amazing. She should've come!"

"But she can't so here I am." He's well informed that I'm a substitute.

"Of course having you here is great too." Isn't it too late for that now? But..

"Thanks."

"It would be so fun if someone who likes me came over instead of this one who only likes Bobby." He glared at the sleeping body between us. "She's like working on a getting-to-know-Bobby-through-Hanbin operation." He looked so frustrated and I chuckled on that remark. I thought liking a group and joining a fandom means choosing a bias while liking all members. That's how it worked for Jinri. And speaking of that,

This is my chance!

I have to accomplish that little mission of Jinri gave me. What better chance would come than this one? I started talking.

"..Hanbin, I've mentioned my best friend, who is a very dedicated fan of yours and.. I was kind of ordered to do this task to.. take a picture with you." I never thought it would be this embarrassing.

"..But that is if you wouldn't mind.." I continued casually trying to hide my embarrassed awkward self who wants to escape this time.

"I'm good." He said coolly. I'm grateful that he did not turn me down because that would be double embarrassment if he did.

"Thank you and sorry for the discomfort this would cause. It's just that my friend really likes you and she would end my life if I don't do this."

"Don't worry, its fine." He waved my words chuckling. Did I sound so defensive? "Give me your phone. I'll take it."

Without a second, I handed him my phone. Good thing he volunteered to take the photo because I'm not gifted with long arms.

We smiled and snapped a photo. He then took 3 random selcas after (just shows how much he's used to this). Jinri owes me a lot now, thanks to Hanbin! I would definitely use this to take advantage of her.

Just kidding.

•••••

After a few more words, Hanbin decided to take a rest and left me looking after Hani.

"Koo Junhoe, give me my phone back or I'll kill you!" I heard heavy footsteps from outside our door. That sounds like Sera running after the suspect.

"As if!" He retorted like a child teasing a playmate.

But why is he fooling around her? Is he not afraid of what Girl Monster would do to him? She could tear him into uneven pieces with her voice alone.

On second thought, what is there to be afraid of when he is Guy Monster?

I shrugged my thoughts off and took a pencil and a pad. Drawing comes in handy at unproductive times like this.

I walked outside and sat on the lawn. Admiring the view of the beach and the gradient of the horizon, I started sketching. This really helps out in concentrating and time killing, you know.

Do you foresee my future in this while wide place for the whole week? Because honestly, I don't. I'm just looking forward to the rest I planned before going to this beautiful place but if you would ask me, no matter how great this place is, I still prefer staying at home eating my mom's daily menu and laying on my own sheets.

Home sickness? I guess.

"Awesome." I jerked from shock. I looked up to see Girl Monster staring at my drawing. I stared back. I'm not good at taking compliments. It scares the hell out of me when people appreciates the things I can do.

"Why? Continue what you're doing." Something tells me that I should really continue what I'm doing if I don't want her to blow fire on me. You've seen on movies how monsters attack people who don't please them.

But somet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter