Seohyun & Her Someone Special

So Crazy Lion Heart

 

After that crazy and somewhat embarrassing serenade, would you think Sooyoung would ever come back to T-ara Café? Why not? It might have been crazy and embarrassing but she did liked it…scratch that.. Sooyoung loved it! After that day, Sooyoung kept coming back to the café to hang out with Hyomin.

“Fine I owe you one for making me feel better the other day.” Sooyoung said. She and Hyomin were having a friendly argument about that day’s event. “How about I treat you lunch?” Soo invited.

“Nah I was just teasing you. You don’t have to.” Hyomin replied.

“No I insist. And I know you want to since it involves food.”

“Well if you insist.” Hyomin replied.

Sooyoung is happy. She is excited! “So how about we go today during your lunchbreak?

“I love to but I can’t. I promised I’ll accompany a friend to buy a book.” Hyomin explained making Sooyoung frown. “How about tomorrow?”

“Arasso!”

Sooyoung and Hyomin continued chatting. The café was about to close so there was not much customers.

 

The bell rang and someone came in. 

Hyomin gave a friendly wave at the newcomer.

Sooyoung who was dead curious who Hyomin’s friend is took a glance at the intruder newcomer. “You?”

“Oooh?!” The newcomer was in shock.

“What are you doing here?” Both Sooyoung and the newcomer asked at the same time.

“You two know each other?” Hyomin asked.

“Neh.” They both answered though both are full of questions.

“That’s good. Soo, I’ll have to go.” Hyomin said to Sooyoung. She then looked at the newcomer and said, “Seohyun, let me get my bag.”

“Arasso” Again, the two answered at the same time while glaring at each other.

When Hyomin was gone, the two confronted each other. “What are you doing here?”  Both asking at the same time.

“I asked first” Again they said the same time.

“Hyomin is a friend.”

“Hyomin unnie is a friend too. How come I didn’t know about this?”

“I met her the other day here at the café. And why should I tell you? How come I didn’t know about this?” Soo replied.

“I met her in the library…” Seohyun started but was interrupted by Sooyoung.

“Wait… don’t tell me…” Sooyoung was about to ask when Hyomin returned.

“Sorry to keep you waiting. Let’s go?” Hyomin asked Seohyun.

“Neh.” Seohyun answered Hyomin. She then looked at Sooyoung and gave the taller girl a knowing smile before leaving with Hyomin.

--

 

20 minutes earlier…

 

Seohyun is inside the library. She has a book in her hand but she was not reading it. Her thoughts are somewhere else or to be more precise with someone else. Today, she is going to meet that special someone again. Seohyun is really excited! She was debating whether towait in the library or to go to the café where her ‘someone’ named Hyomin is working. In the end she decided to wait inside the library to not be so obvious. Seo Juhyun keeps recalling the first time she and Hyomin met.

 

Flashback to a few days ago

 

“Ms. Han” Seohyun greeted the librarian. “Is this book available now?” Seohyun asked.

“I’m sorry it is still not available.” The librarian said then resumed talking to another student.

“But you haven’t even checked.” Seohyun argued.

“It’s still not available.”

“But…”

“You have been asking me about this book everyday and I am telling you that the book has not been returned. You can make the reservation for this book.” The librarian explained.

Seo needs the book for a school paper but unfortunately it was old and a limited copy that there is only one copy available in the library. Someone else has reserved the book before her that’s why she kept asking the librarian. She has checked other bookstores in the area but it was not available in any of them. Seohyun can only sigh.

The girl beside Seohyun, the one the librarian was talking to earlier suddenly said, “You’re looking for (mentions title of the book)”

“Neh unfortunately it’s not available. I’ve been bugging Ms. Han for the past weeks which explains her attitude towards me.” Seohyun sighed.

“Have you checked other bookstores?”

“Believe me I’ve checked every bookstore and they all don’t have this particular book. It’s not even available online!”

“Every bookstore?”

“Yes.” Seohyun replied hopelessly.

“Have you tried…”

“I’ve tried everything I can.” Seohyun didn’t let the other finished. “If you have something in mind then please share it to me.”

“Actually I might have an idea but I am not sure if they will have that book.”

Suddenly Seohyun’s eyes lighten up. She was so excited that she took the other’s hands and asked again, “Jinja?!”

The other girl giggled.

Seohyun can’t help but stare at the other girl’s smile. She then felt embarrassed either because she was holding the others soft hands or because she was staring at the other girl’s beautiful smile. “Umm…”

The girl gave the name of the store. “They sell a lot of second hand books. So maybe there could be a copy there. I usually go there when I can’t find a book in the library or in any stores.”

Seohyun was not familiar with name of the store. She asked for directions which the nice girl gave. “I’m not familiar with this place.” Seohyun mumbled.

“Neh the place itself is hard to find. I did get lost when I went there the first time. Haha. But you can ask around.”

“I guess I’ll just ask around. Thank you…?” Seohyun still don’t know the name of the other girl who helped her.

“Hyomin” The girl answered with a friendly smile.

“Seohyun.” Seohyun said.

“Nice meeting you Seohyun.”

“Nice meeting you Hyomin. Thank again for your help. See you around.”

“You’re welcome. Umm… will you tell me where I can find this building?” Hyomin asked showing a class schedule. “I just transferred here.”

“Oh, let me take you there.”

“I don’t want to bother you.”

“No I am also going that way.” Seohyun lied. She just said that so she can return the favor. And she also wants to know more about Hyomin.

When they reach the building, Hyomin said, “Thanks Seohyun.”

“Anytime.” Seohyun said before she turns to leave. “Hyomin?”

“Yes?”

“Well…umm… I was wondering if I can get your number? You know just in case I got lost, I can call you…” Seohyun asked while trying to hide her flushed cheeks.

“If you want I can accompany you when you go to the store I told you about.” Hyomin offered.

Seohyun smiled widely. She was only asking for a number but then she got to get both Hyomin’s number and spend a date day with Hyomin. “Sure! Tomorrow?”

“I have work tomorrow. I’m working part-time at T-ara Cafe. We can meet there on Thursday. My shift ends early. And we can go around lunchtime.”

“That sounds great.”

 

End of Flashback 

 

And that is how Seohyun met her special someone.

 

--

 

Hyomin came back to her apartment after accompanying Seohyun. They were fortunate to find the book Seohyun was looking for. Upon reaching her floor, Hyomin can smell something burning. She can see smoke coming from the apartment next door. Hyomin rushed to the door and knocked but it was open so she invited herself in. Cough, cough “What’s going on here?!” Hyomin asked.