final

Demon in Him

The wind was strong, wet and cold. But Mir didn't shiver. He stood there, on the rooftop, eyes looking ahead to the vast dark sea of night . He didn't feel cold. Instead, his chest, his stomach, his head, his whole body was burning. Scorching. Blazing with unseen fire.

"MIR!" Two voices shouted his name in harmony.

"Don't come any closer!" Mir shouted back. His hand palming his chest. This feeling. This feeling was burning him alive. Mir hunched over slightly and wobbled when he felt the sting in his chest as if something was stabbing him from inside.

"Mir! Don't! Please." Seungho was pleading and Mir stopped swaying. He heard the tears in that voice. But he couldn't grant the wish. Not this time. He was determined.

Another voice came after. Also pleading, filled with fear and sadness. "Whatever it is, we can talk this through. Please come down."

"Ani GO hyung..." Mir simply answered and his eyes trailed downwards. The ground was looking far but it wasn't dark. The streetlight was giving glowing orange light unto the grasses making them looked like gold. It was the empty field behind the building. The field that would be the matress for his death.

Mir took another step towards the end when GO's voice resounded again. This time more desperate. "Please Mir. Don't do this. Just don't. Tell us what's driving you to this. I swear we'll help with all we can." Mir didn't need to turn to know that Seungho was nodding to GO's words.

"Yes, Mir. We'll solve this together. Just come down here first and we'll talk through this." Seungho tried and Mir could feel them moving closer to him.

"I SAID DON'T COME CLOSER!" Mir shputed and as if understanding the turmoil in Mir's chest, the dark sky thundered. The rain started pouring down on three of them yet Mir knew that no amount of rain could made the fire in his chest died out. It was fire from hell after all. "This is the only way." Mir said in a whisper.

"Suicide won't solve anything!" Seungho seethed.

Mir smiled slightly. Human are so unique. They could feel sadness, fear, anger and all mixed feelings at the same time.

"Ani. This is the only way out." Mir said calmly as he stood straight and took another step. Just another step, and he would fall down into abyss. Just another step and finally he would be free.

"Talk to us, Mir. Tell us. I beg you. Don't do this to me. To Seungho. To yourself." GO pleaded and would have kneeled if Mir would just turn to look at him just to show how he meant each and every words. How much he wanted Mir to just come back to the safety.

"There's demon in me, hyung." It was barely heard.

"B-bo?" Both Seungho and GO was shocked. Why would their maknae spoke such thing?

"Mir..." GO called out again, this time gently and his voice almostswept away by the strong wind and the sound of rain hitting the ground. His teeth clattered as he slowly getting nearer to Mir. "Just come here first. We can try to solve this. Together."

"You don't believe me." Mir scoffed. He finally his heels to look at both of his hyung. Both were drenched in rain. Shivering from cold. He wasn't that much better except the cold didn't get to him. "You just think I'm crazy." Mir spat.

"Ani. Mir. We understand." Seungho said just as gentle as GO as he held out his hand towards Mir, palm facing the sky.

Mir shook his head and was about to jump off the roof when his chest hurt so much and he felt like his ribs were breaking down into pieces. He screamed in agony as his knees buckled. Mir bent down, holding his chest.

Grey smoke was coming out of every pores on Mir skin, forming a body. A body of a man with yellow eyes, long black hair, lips as red as blood and two shiny white fangs peeking through his slightly opened lips. There was strong smell of blood hovering in the air around him. It hovered above Mir's hunched figure. His form wasn't completed. Only half of his upper body was formed while the other half tapered down and faded down unto Mir. As if they shared the same body.

Seungho and GO was too shocked of the appearance and they stumbled backwards, away from their maknae. "W-wha-" GO was speechless at the unexplainable creature and found himself trembling in undefined fear.

Seungho too was too shocked that he could only looked towards the creature with wide horrified eyes. He felt his guts twisting at the strong smell of blood coming from the creature.

"You're mine." The creature spoke and his voice was low, dangerous and echoed in a frightening tone. "You can't kill me." It said as its glowing yellow orbs fall on the kneeling Mir.

Mir chuckled weakly. The wince of pain didn't leave his now pale face. "You're right. I can't kill you. But I can kill myself." Mir croaked out.

"You can't. You're mine!" It hissed back like a viper, baring his two fangs.

"Bite me." And Mir rolled his weakened body, erasing the left distance and let his frame fall freely into the air.

"NO!" The creature was shouting as him too was dragged with Mir into the free fall.

Free... Finally.

 

"M-Mir... No..." Seungho and GO who was only watching couldn't believe what was happening. Their maknae. They both tried to run on their trembling legs and peered down the building. There was Mir. Lying on the vast field of golden grass. His blood mixed with the rain. And if they looked closer, there was faint smile on Mir's lips. Like a fallen angel...

 


"You can't kill me and you can't die. Ever. You're mine forever..."

 

 

*ps : spoiler alert! Last dialog meant Mir doesn't die and he was bound with his demon forever. Lol. I can't kill Mir. And I don't even know what I'm babbling on. I'll stop now. Bye.