ch19

Are You Sure?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wonwoo knows something's up the moment he walks through the school corridor filled with hushed chatter and whispers. He takes quick heavy steps, not liking the stuffy feeling from deep inside him. Even though it doesn't seem like they're talking about him, he can't help the discomfort crawling all over his body.

Stopping by his locker to grab some textbooks, a horrible and disgusting thought clouds his mind, they know. Wonwoo swallows, nausea coursing through his body. A hand grips at the metal door of his locker as he fumbles around for the right books. They know, they know, they know, Wonwoo, they know. He's still debating the possibility of this when another awful idea sneaks into his head, Kim Taehyung must have told them. As revenge for yesterday.

Wonwoo slams his locker door shut with a furious bang, that's it. He's done it, Kim Taehyung's gone and done it. How could he? Something like this should be Wonwoo's choice to tell, those words should come from his lips only, and Kim Taehyung dared to take that decision away from him?

Marching down the corridor, Wonwoo ignores every tiny thought that suggests just maybe he's over reacting and coming to invalid conclusions and Taehyung hasn't actually said anything at all. When he finally spots the guys hanging around Jun's locker, his footsteps quicken and his simmering anger boils over.

Minghao, Jun, Taehyung, Seungcheol, Seokmin and Chan are standing there deep in conversation, when Wonwoo opens his mouth to confront Taehyung.

"Oh my god, I'm so happy for you, hyung!" Chan grins, eyes glimmering at Taehyung. Wonwoo pauses and holds back his words on the tip of his tongue. He slips into the group between Seungcheol and Minghao, and notices that all the guys have their attention on Taehyung.

Before he can ask what's going on, his eyes catch Jun throwing him a 'what the heck' look, and Wonwoo immediately knows he's dreading what's to come. Maybe that means Taehyung hasn't been a major and broadcast his secret on loud speakers, but judging by Jun's face, Wonwoo knows he should be worried.

Seungcheol swings an arm around Wonwoo's shoulders, "hey apparently Taehyung and Mingyu are getting back together," he explains, and Wonwoo's insides sink. Excuse me, what the ? Wonwoo's eyes turn dark as he glares at the purple haired boy, who's looking all smug and happy with himself. It's like he's taunting Wonwoo, what can you do about it? You're not gonna tell anyone.

Darting his eyes to the left of Taehyung, there's Jun giving him another look that's strangely a mix of sympathy, amusement, and encouragement.

"So yeah, I even went round to his house last night," Taehyung blabs endlessly, "and his dad remembered who I was, it was really great," he sends Wonwoo a self-satisfied look of victory that the younger boy just wants to smack off with his bare fist.

Clenching his fists tightly, Wonwoo feels his patience running out and he's about to silence Taehyung with a punch in the face when a startled voice cuts into the conversation. "Hyung!" Mingyu scrambles through a couple of people to get to the group with Seungkwan and Jeonghan following closely behind. "What the hell is this about?" His wide eyes are staring at Taehyung, who doesn't look at all thrown off guard.

"I thought we should tell people already, Mingyu-ah," Taehyung smiles sweetly and Wonwoo honestly wants to throw up.

Mingyu's voice is alarmed and panicked, "hyung! That's not-" He pauses and his eyes find Wonwoo, immediately gulping at the blistering fury apparent from Wonwoo's scowl and his stiff body.

"We're not... together, " Mingyu mumbles weakly at Taehyung. He's unsure of what to do because he only knows he should protect Wonwoo's secret.

Taehyung takes advantage of Mingyu's uncertainty while the others (apart from Jun) all look on silently, clearly lost. "Do you think the others couldn't tell you were dating, Mingyu?" His sweet voice hides the threat that only Wonwoo and Mingyu can hear.

"Yeah, I thought Mingyu looked happier these days, it's really obvious when someone's in love isn't it?" Seokmin mentions in thought, and when everyone agrees and nods, Wonwoo feels the strongest urge to just strangle Taehyung.

Taehyung grins, "so there we are then. Me and Mingyu are-"

The purple haired boy is cut off, because Wonwoo honestly can not stand it anymore. 

"He's talking bull." Wonwoo breathes out, voice low but catching the attention of everyone in their group. They all turn to him with expectant eyes, wanting an explanation of some sort. "Mingyu's not dating Taehyung."

The banging inside Wonwoo's chest is loud and disruptive, this is it. You're going to say it. Just don't choke, Jeon Wonwoo. He his dry lips and his eyes instinctively land on Mingyu. The taller boy's eyes are wide and waiting, lips shut tight rather than parted, as if he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter