I Owe You an Americano

I Owe You an Americano

Jessica is walking through the hallway to her dressing room, sipping her Americano. This is her usual morning routine. She walks to the usual bakery and orders her hot Americano coffee. On days off, she'll simply sit in the bakery and enjoy on, working days she'll sip it in the dressing room waiting to go on camera. Little did she know, her morning routine would be different today.

"Omo!" She gasps as she feels hot liquid on her dress and her Americano on the ground.

She looks up and blushes.

"Ah, I'm so sorry!" She says.

"Ani, it was my fault, noona." Was the reply.

"Onew Condition?" She smirks a little and see the person in front of her look embarrassed.

"It would seem so." The person smiles and scratches the back of his neck. "Was that an Americano, noona?"

"Neh."

"I owe you one!"

"Pabo! You don't owe me a thing, Lee Jinki! It was just an accident." She smiles.

Onew smiles at her and shakes his head.

"But I do. It's the least I can do. Please? Please, let me!" He pouts.

"Don't try to use aeygo on me! It won't work. Anyway, I better go change my dress and I'm sure Stylist Unnie will be upset."

"Ah, I'm sorry." He bows.

She shakes her and looks at her spilled Americano on the floor. "Erm...can you? While I..." She points to the floor.

"Oh, sure! I'll clean it!"

"Gomawo! See you soon."

"Neh!" He waves as she walks away.

Neither of them could hold their nervousness. It wasn't the fact that they would sing in front of thousands of people, but they fact that they would sing in front of each other. They've been friends for years. And, yes, lovers. So for two people, who haven't confessed to each other, to sing such a sweet and romantic song together, can be a bit awkward. The question is, why hasn't either of them confessed? It's obvious from both point of views. They're shy, happy, blushing, smiling, breathing fast, and have hearts bumping out of their chests with they see each other. They settled for friends because that's all they had the courage to be. Neither one of them would make the first move.

As they go onto the stage, and pour their hearts out, all the fans can sense the love. They feel the sincerity of their words and believe they actually are saying those things to each other. Not only did their voices seem to go well together, but everything did. Their personalities, but most importantly, their hearts. So why were both of them being so stubborn? When will either of them gather courage to admit their love for each other? Most importantly, when will both of them admit it.

Onew didn't know what gave him the courage to say what he was about to say next. Perhaps, it was the look in Jessica's eyes. The worth of her hand as he shook it to congratulate her performance, or maybe it was just a feeling. Whatever it was, it gave him courage.

"Noona, would you like to go out with me after we change?"

She looks at him, somewhat surprised and yet--completely not.

"Why all of the sudden? After so long, Jinki-ah?"

"I owe you an Americano, remember? I'll buy you one at the bakery you go to and we can eat there." He smiles.

"The Americano? Ah, is that all?" She pouts.

"I think you know it's more than that but the Americano gave me courage to ask, as silly as that sounds."

"Saying it's because of the Americano makes asking me out less awkward and embarrassing, I think." She smiles.

"For once, my Onew Condition came in handy." He says as he takes her hand and they walk through the hallway.

"Why?" She asks.

"I spilled your Americano." He laughs.

And, so, Jessica's usual routine that was unusual today--became usual in years to come. Since then, Onew and Jessica would be drinking many Americanos at the bakery together.

 

****

(A/N: Ah, it's shorter than I thought ^^" I hope you liked it, guys! How did I do with OnSica, dongsaeng-ah? :D I'm so nervous, I hope you liked it!

Oh, guys, don't forget to check out my Twitter @Taemint4Life_SE and my ask is Taemint4Life, as well. Also, my fansite is shineeverybody.wordpress.com. All other links can be found on my Gravatar. Thanks! xoxo)