Don't Count Your Owls Before They Are Delivered

Twice As Magical

A/N: Sorry this took so long, dealing with three jobs doesn't give me much free time :$$$

 


 

Chapter 2 - Don't Count Your Owls Before They Are Delivered

 

"Can you actually believe her?! She just forces herself into me, paying no care and attention into where she is walking!" Tzuyu almost screams to her friends as she struts back into her own carriage.

"Or maybe.... It was just an accident?" Jungyeon quipped in.

Tzuyu gave her a look of pure disgust. Not even half disgust, half secondary emotion. Pure disgust.

"Jungyeon, I know that you're a half-blood and you may not understand, but whose side or you on?"

"Um.... Neither...? Do I have to pick a side?"

"Yes? Of course you do! You're either with me or against me. So, Jungyeon?"

"Um...? Momo, any help?" Jungyeon pleaded with Momo.

"Don't bring me into this silly little argument." Momo brushed her off.

"Ugh, fine! I'm with you, Tzuyu... but I don't agree about the whole 'Mudblood' thing..."

Tzuyu finally relaxed and broke into a smile. She took a seat next to Jungyeon and wrapped an arm around her shoulder. She liked getting her friends frustrated from time to time, she sometimes wondered why they were still her friends.

"Nah, don't worry about it! You know I don't mean it. I just say it because I know it gets people riled up, and I love seeing people riled up!" Tzuyu laughs brightly

"Don't you think you should tone it down a little bit, now that you're going into your fifth year? I mean, causing trouble is fun, but what about when you leave Hogwarts?" Momo spoke as wisdomly as a Ravenclaw, Tzuyu wondered if the sorting hat had considered her for that house too.

"You're probably right, Momo. I just like having fun."

Everyone in her year knew her as either the kid you could have a laugh with, or the kid that does nothing but cause trouble. She knew she was more deserving of the troublemaker title, but she only really wanted to be known as funny. She looked up to people like Fred and George Weasley, but she knew she could never live up to their mischieviousness.

"No time to think about changing now! The train is just arriving at Hogwarts station." Jungyeon smiled, happy to be finally getting off the train.

Sure enough, the heavy shadow of the school had begun to loom over the train. Almost at once, prefects were traversing through the hallway, asking everyone to get their belongings together, ready for the journey up to the school building.

Tzuyu's suitcase was a metalic green colour and larger on the inside, she was the type to bring too much clothes with her everywhere she went. Jungyeon's suitcase was black and sturdy, typically used by muggles going on holidays. Momo's suitcase was, surprisingly, bright pink with daisies polkadotting it.

The train had begun slowing down gradually, as the platform became more and more visable. As soon as it had come to a halt, students immediately rushed to get outside, not wanting to remain in the claustrophobia-inducing train. Not even the prefects could handle the large mass of people trying to push through each other.

Eventually, Tzuyu, Jungyeon, and Momo had all managed to get off the train bit by bit. Tzuyu sighed peacefully, staring up at her home away from home.

"Let's see what you have to offer me this year Hogwarts."

 


 

"We'll see you later, Sana. Save us some seats when you get up there! I want the best seats to see the sorting ceremony." Jihyo smiled.

Jihyo and Mina had to go and do their prefect duties now, escorting the first year students to the boats, and up to the school. Which meant that Sana had to go the other route to Hogwarts alone. She didn't mind much, as she could easily keep herself company.

"Don't worry, I'll save you seats. Now go on, or you'll miss the boats!" Sana joked.

Jihyo and Mina sprinted off in the other direction, shouting things like "First years this way," or "Follow the big hairball named Hagrid," which made Sana laugh. She picked up her suitcase and headed for the thestrals.

After years of attending Hogwarts, it took Sana a long time to get comfortable with the thestrals that pull the carts up to the school. When she had first heard that only people who had seen death could see them, she was confused. She didn't know whose death she had witnessed, nor would anyone tell her. It was a fact of her life she didn't want to brush off so easily.

She finally arrived at the thestrals, only to find out that there was just a single cart left. She didn't realise how long she was speaking with Jihyo and Mina, she had hoped that they had managed to catch a boat. 

She quickly packed her stuff onto the last remaining cart and took a seat inside. She assumedshe wasn't the last student to arrive as the cart did not start to move after she sat down. Sana took a look out the window, and regretted it immediately. Heading down the pathway, was none other than the people she least wanted to see.

Tzuyu, and her gang of minions.

Sana pulled the hood of her cloak over her head and hoped that they wouldnt recognise her as they joined her in the cart. Unfortunately, they did notice her.

"Well, surprise to see you here!" Tzuyu exclaims, a hint of malice in her tone.

"Not too surprising... I do go to school here too y'know." Sana smirked.

Tzuyu and Momo took the seats opposite Sana, Jungyeon taking the seat next to her. There was a tense air circulating the now packed cart as the thestrals started moving towards the school.

"So..." Jungyeon coughed, trying to cut through the air, "Any gossip to kickstart this year?"

"Nope, but hoping to start some." Tzuyu smiled.

"What are you planning to do?" Sana questioned, the conscious of her brain not fully functioning, letting what she was thinking spill out into words.

"Anything to cause mayhem."

This was going to be a long, long year for Sana.

The rest of the ride went by relatively normally. Sana ignored the trio, and they ignored her. The cart slowed to stop, and they all took a look out the window.

"We're here!" Momo screamed.

The Slytherin group all clambered toget out the cart as quick as possible and get their stuff, while Sana took her time. The brisk wind gave a chill up her back and excited her about being back at school. Most people hate being back at school, but Sana loved it.

She let the trio get all their stuff off the cart first, she didn't really have a choice otherwise, and then collected her stuff after.

"We'll be heading up to the school first." Tzuyu said, staring into Sana's eyes.

She didn't expect Tzuyu to say anything to her, and the surprise must've shown on her face as Tzuyu smirked.

"Because, y'know, we don't want to be seen with a Gryffindor. Especially you." Typical.

She watched as the trio took their leave, and waited until they were far enough ahead to start her own journey up to stairs to the school. She chuckled quietly to herself, absentmindedly. 

"Two wars, and Gryffindors and Slytherins still can't see eye to eye. Whatever would the ones who lost their life fighting for our freedom think of us now."