By the Riverbend

By the Riverbend

Jinki’s eyes were warm as he looked up from the other’s lap. Jonghyun scratched behind his ears and smiled. “The sun feel as good as you thought it would Baby?” The wolf just closed his eyes. A hand moved across his tummy, gentle fingers moving through his soft, thick black fur, and the baby snug inside. “I was thinking about going to swim later. Would you like that?” 


The wolf scratched at the ground before shifting slightly against him. Jonghyun just smiled before looking up. Jinki whined as he lifted his head, a soft howl leaving him as the three other wolves appeared on the hill across the river. “Ah I wonder what’s for dinner.” 

After dragging their kill over to their home for it to be skinned the three wolves bounded over the rocks and over to the other part of their family. The light brown one made it there first, pushing his snout against Jinki’s belly and sniffing it with a whine. He received a on his nose. “Taemin you almost ran him over.” 


The wolf looked apologetic before moving around Jinki to lay his head on his side. The other two wolves arrived a little later, after trying to trip the other as they jumped from stone to stone. The grey one ended up falling into the river with a yelp and Jonghyun just shook his head as the white one skipped over merrily. Jinki was looking at the river with wide, worried eyes, and before Jonghyun or Taemin could do anything he was pushing off the ground and slowly walking over to the river’s edge to pull the wolf out by the fur on his neck. He covered the grey wolf in little , yipping softly as he did so. 


Jonghyun just snorted when he noticed how the white wolf was looking at them, “Serves you right Bum for tossing Minho into the river.” 


Kibum looked at him like he was done with everything before going over to lead Jinki back to where Jonghyun and Taemin were. The wolf followed, but only after Minho appeared at his side and nipped at his ear. Once settled again with his head against Jonghyun’s leg Jinki watched as Kibum shifted forms, smiling as he pulled his hair back and tied it with the hair band handed to him by Jonghyun. 


He looked at Jinki and pouted when he noticed the expression directed at him. “Babeee don’t look at me like that. He started it.” 


“Bull.” Minho grumbled as he moved to pet Jinki. “How you feeling oo?”


“He ate a whole chicken earlier. Barely off the fire and it was gone.” Jonghyun said, almost proud.


Jinki whined, offended, and soon Kibum and Minho were quick to coo at him, the older one kissing his nose with a, “You eat all you want Babe. We have a big buck waiting for you back at the cottage.” 


He was very pleased by that.


And as he was led back over the river to the huge fire the youngest had made to cook their dinner, Kibum nagged from the other side of the river with his hands on his hips. “Don’t you let him fall you two.”


Jinki looked up at him and glared. “Bummie I love you, but I’m not made of glass. I can make it over a couple stones.” 


Minho’s hand was warm on his lower back, Jonghyun steady in front of him. Kibum still looked worried, “But they’re wet!” 


Jinki promptly swatted at his chest the moment he reached the other side and Kibum basically attacked him with hugs. “Get your asses over here I have to feed my Jinki.” The three others rolled their eyes. Jinki just beamed.