Concern and Coldness

Pretence - Darling Enemy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     Without Moon Ryeong's knowledge, the night had turned into the afternoon. She could see the sun shining through the forest from inside the cave. Moon Ryeong slowly lifted her head, her gaze shifting from Helios to the outside. She rose from her seat and moved slowly toward the cave's far corner. She wishes to see and feel the sun's rays. She can see how the sun light makes the forest look bright and beautiful from the cave. She remembers how warm the sun rays were before and wishes she could feel them again.

     She is aware that the vampire can be burned by the sunrise, but she still wishes to feel it because she still cannot believe she is a vampire now. She reaches out her hand to feel the warmth of the sun, but as soon as it touches her skin, she is in excruciating pain, and she notices smoke coming from her skin. Moon Ryeong grits her teeth and frowns as she tries to suppress her pain. She then quickly withdraws her hand and sits on the ground. She is, in fact, a vampire.

      Moon Ryeong knelt and hid her face between her knees. She begins to cry. She is a vampire who has lost everything she had as a human. She has evolved into a monster. She can hear everything around her, and her world becomes so noisy, her life becomes so noisy but so empty. She is suddenly lonely and frustrated. She kept feeling thirty of blood and wanting to it again and again, and the realization that she was living as a monster added to her heart's burden and pain. She raises her head and casts an angry glance at Helios, who is still unconscious. He is the one who turned her into a vampire. But when she looks at Helios, the tears start to flow again, and all of her rage fades.

  He had lived a similar life for a long time before she did. He had more lonely and frustrate life than her. She finally understands why he became so cruel and cold. He's just lonely on the inside. She weeps for his loneliness and for him. She quickly wiped away her tears and stood up to approach him. She touched his face, and it was as cold as it had always been. He is extremely sweaty from the previous night and has lost a significant amount of blood.

   'He'll die if he keeps doing this' Moon Ryeong thought again.

   She then carefully opened his clothes to examine his injury and discovered numerous scars with dry blood all over his body. She looked around the cave for something she could do to treat his scar after checking it for the first time. Because of his lack of blood, he is unable to heal his injuries, particularly those caused by the sunsa knife. Moon Ryeong discovers a puddle of water in the cave's corner. She then attempted to lift Helios's body in order to get a better look at the puddle. She assisted him in sitting, wrapping his arm around her neck and slowly dragging his body to the puddle.

   She ripped her white cloth and tossed it into the puddle when they were already close. She squeezed the tatter and began slowly and carefully cleaning Helios's dry blood and sweat. She was aware that Helios had some back injuries. She then leans Helios's front body against her and slowly opens the cloth to reveal his entire upper body. She can see some injuries on his back from the bullet and the sunsa knife stab. First, she must remove the bullet from his body. She takes a tiny knife from her pocket and tries to gouge the bullet out. When Moon Ryeong begins to do that, Helios moans in pain. Moon Ryeong then drew his head closer to her and hid his face behind her shoulder. She hugged him with her left hand firmly while trying to gouge the bullet with her right hand.

     When Moon Ryeong successfully put out the bullet, Helios shouts, "Ahh....!!" Moon Ryeong exhaled a sigh of relief when she finally succeeded. She then hugged Helios with both hands, hoping to alleviate his pain. She could feel new blood dripping from Helios's back.

    "He needs some blood," Moon Ryeong said, concerned. Even though she was looking out the window, the sun was still shining brightly.

    "What should I do?" pondered Moon Ryeong.

    She then rips her clothes again and wraps them around Helios's back, attempting to stop the blood from dripping. At the very least, she must make every effort to avoid further blood loss.

    "mianhe... I should have done this last night," Moon Ryeong said, feeling guilty for letting him suffer all night. And now that the sun is shining, she can't do anything else for him because she can't get out of the cave. She simply wrapped her arms around his neck, leaning his head on her shoulder, and his hair.

    When the sun finally set, Moon Ryeong dashed out of the cave, intending to get some blood as soon as possible. She walks around the forest in search of animals. After a few minutes of wandering, she came across a deer eating some grass. She kills the animal reluctantly at first, but she has no choice. She eventually kills the deer and collects its blood in a bowl. When she sees blood, she wants to drink it right away, but she tries to resist the urge. She then goes to the cave and brings the blood to Helios.

   She slowly lifted Helios's head and supported it with her left hand, while her right hand poured blood into his mouth. She can see that his injury is gradually healing on its own, but the sunsa knife stab on his hand and back cannot be healed.

  "I should find the sunsa powder," Moon Ryeong said slowly.

   She remembered and was familiar with the scent of Sunsa Powder, so she planned to look for it by its scent. She starts exploring the forest again, but she can't find it. She continued walking until she arrived in a town. She was aware that some of the town's medicine sellers also sold the powder. She then stole a pack of sunsa powder at breakneck speed, with no one in town noticing her presence.

    Moon Ryeong gradually applied sunsa powder to Helios's back and hand, and the injury gradually healed. Moon Ryeong then returned her cold stare to Helios's face.

 "You should live... so I can hate you for the rest of my life," Moon Ryeong said, her face expressionless and her eyes cold.

  Helios finally awakens from his two-day coma in the late evening. He sat on the ground and slowly opened his eyes. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter