||THREE||Gamers' Chat||

Online Game to Reality

"After dividing this, you can then mulitply by four and walah, the answer is there," Mia made jazzy hands to do some effect, making Sooyeon laugh a little.

"As expected of the Ultimate Smart Gamer," she commented while writing down the steps that were mentioned earlier. Mia's eyebrow twitched and she leaned forward to flick her forehead, earning a light groan from her best friend.

"Seems like you've been watching too much Danganronpa stuff. Hah, I got you to like that game series, didn't I?"

"Mind you." The other pouted cutely, huffing, packing up her worksheets into a file and putting them in her backpack. Mia just laughed. Yep, she got Sooyeon a little bit too addicted to the visual novel murder mystery game there. A few minutes later, the bell rang and everyone that was outside school hurried inside. When the crowd disappeared, the two friends went inside to separate ways.

Mia waved goodbye to Sooyeon as the latter walked back to class. The former made her way to her own locker to get the necessary books for the upcoming lessons. While she was getting the last book out, a letter fell out from one of its pages, to the ground with a soundless thud. Staring at it for a while, she adjusted her books on her arm and shut the locker before picking it up.

Using her free hands, she opened the small note, revealing a neater handwriting than hers.

'Come to the girls' bathroom before school starts or you'll be dead meat.'

Well the vibe that it was giving off felt a lot like Nari. She crushed the paper and threw it in the bin, before dashing to the said destination. Whenever Nari writes or says that, she really mean it. A few moments later, she reached the bathroom, standing silently in front of the door. Mia hovered her hand over the doorknob. What if Nari was up to no good? What if she wanted to hurt her? What if she wanted to expel her because she had hurt her nose (on accident) and told her dad (the principal) about it? So many 'what if's rolled into the girl's mind. She shook it off with a thin line and hesitantly pushed the door open.

She heard gruntings and s coming from inside. She peeked to find a boy (what the heck is he doing there?!)  and a girl eating each other's faces. Mia recognized them as Nari's and Junjoo's. She stepped inside quietly and coughed (on purpose) loudly. "Um.."

Immediately, the two pulled away and Nari glared at Mia menacingly. The latter didn't budge but she was slightly scared by that lazer look. She could see the plaster standing out from her beautiful face. She laughed inside. "You told me to come here..."

"Oh yeah, you're quite late but you won't be dead meat for now, since I have much better things than to beat you," Nari said boredly. It was an awkward silence when she suddenly collapsed to the ground and covered her face in her palms. Mia was confused. Then she heard sobbings and it was definitely coming from the girl on the ground. Why was she crying? She thought questioningly. The girl felt eyes boring into her so she looked up to find Junjoo with a furious expression.

"Since her nose is hurt, she coudn't finish her load of homework, all thanks to you," he deadpanned. "It's all you fault, goddammit. You ruined her face!"

"So--"

"Now that you, the overweight oh-so-smart gamer student, are here, finish the homework for her by the end of school and meet me at the entrance of the school or I'll chase after you." Junjoo threatened angrily, shoving the pile of paperwork into Mia's arms. The latter looked so shocked that she had to complete all this in just one day. In estimation, even for a smarty pants like her would take her at least two and a half days to finish! Goodness, Nari must have skipped so many days of school. Maybe half the year. She probably took a vacation or something. But Mia knew that was not the answer. The former had been clubbing out 24/7 and overslept so much that she woke up at the end of school. I mean, who in their right minds would skip half a year of school?! Mia thought.

Despite being her boyfriend, Junjoo didn't mind at all. If Mia were to have one, he might have at least wushu her . Junjoo shooed her away with his hand and Mia unconsciously took a glance at Nari. The latter was smirking evilly at her, which boiled her blood to the limit. Keeping her cool, she stuffed all the homework inside her backpack and dashed away from the place back to class. Of course, when she arrived, she was scolded for being late for class. She was then told to go to detention after school, which worsened her day.

When the bell rang for lunchtime, she raced off to the cafeteria to meet up with Sooyeon with all the paperwork in her hands. Her collar was pulled back a little bit too strong, causing her to welp lowly. "Don't forget the homework." Junjoo's voice rang in her ear. "I know that! If not, I wouldn't be bringing this with me!" Pulling herself away from him, she didn't look back at him and stumbled a little due to her fats. Once she arrived at the cafeteria, she looked around to find no body on her usual place with Sooyeon. Eh, where was she? She was always there first.

Shrugging discreetly, she walked towards the table at the corner and waited for her best friend.

"Boo!" A pair of hands landed on her shoulder hard, putting some pressure on it.

"AH!" Mia jumped in shock, hitting her knees against the underside of the table in the process. She hissed in agony. "Ouch, what was that for?"

"Ahaha, sorry about that. By the way, what did that ugly idiot say to you?" Sooyeon took a seat beside across her friend, munching on a piece of bread. Mia grunted in response, sliding her arm across the table and laying her head there.

"He told me to finish that two whole piles of homework for that arrogant female dog by the end of school. But I have detention after school because I was late," she replied honestly. Sooyeon raised an eyebrow questioningly.

"Why were you late?"

"Long story short, Junjoo and Nari wrote a note for me to go to the bathroom to get her homework and I'll give you a sweet in exchange for listening to me because those two airheads were eating each other's faces before I got there," Mia hissed in disturbance as she remembered the make-out session between the two. Ugh, she hated those kind of things. Because it was so perturbing, she had to ban the genre '' and heavy 'romance' games. "And the pile of homework is equal to two days and a half." She added.

Her friend stayed silent, mentally stabbing Nari and Junjoo. "You know what, give me half and you take half. So that you can finish it quick."

"But I have to give it to Junjoo by today!"

"Forget him, like it's his right to control you.  Hurry, we'll do as much as possible now," Sooyeon urged. Nodding at her words, she gave half to her as the two pulled out pencils and erasers and necessary things (magic) for the homework. After doing some (nope, it's little because it's hard as heck, says Mia), the two went back to classes with the halves of the homework in their hands.

Mia quickly ran to the detention room when the end of school bell sounded. She might consider the detention room a hiding place for now, so as to hide from that bastard called Junjoo and his friends. Three hours should be enough, she thought with a small smile. She looked around to find only herself in the room so she felt more comfortable. While the teacher was not present the whole time, she did all the work she could. Luckily, she was able to finish all of them. She found them slightly harder than she had expected and Mia hoped that Sooyeon was going well with the homework.

Mia peeked out of the window to find no one at the gates. Sighing in relief, she still sprinted off quickly so that she wouldn't get caught. Who knows, some of his minions might have spied on her.

Hurrying home, she went straight for her room after greeting her mother, who was in the kitchen cooking dinner. "Mia honey, why were you late today?"

"I had to finish up some things with Sooyeon!" Mia responded from her room, shutting her door afterwards. She exhaled deeply as she tossed her heavy-a-ton backpack on the floor before sitting in front of her desktop computer. She glanced at the black screen, with tired eyes and constant breathings. Wow, she should go out for some exercising in the future.

That day had a bad head start, which was not too good for her since Junjoo and Nari were involved. She shook her head in annoyance prior to putting on her headphones and starting up her computer, ready for her virtual life. She needed some clearing from the things that happened. And that was, playing games with her online friends.

 

The sun's bright rays peeked through the curtains as it touched a certain male's skin. As if the heat emitted was enough, he awoke. His eyes slowly opened, revealing his chocolate brown eyes. He felt his eyes snapping itself open as he re-entered the real world. Sitting up rather unhurriedly, he rubbed his eyes before they landed on the clock on his nightstand (10:35AM). Widening them in such speed, he got out of bed and rushed to the bathroom to shower.

Mark was about to eat the coloured ring cereal when the door not too far from him swung open and hit the wall real hard, causing him to drop his spoon and the milk splashed onto his shirt. "Hey what was that?" He glared at Wei, who was busy fixing his hair.

"I'm late again! Dammit, hey uh, Mark, can you check my phone if there are any missed calls or anything?" Wei instructed, facing the mirror. Rolling his eyes not-so-subtly, he grabbed Wei's phone which was done charging overnight. He unlocked his phone and was rather surprised that he didn't get any. Mark knew his friend always got those notifications but this time, there were none at all.

"There's nothing..." he muttered, trying to find the missed calls or text messages which he assumed to be deleted or somewhat. Soon, he felt the phone being snatched away from his grip and Wei gazed intensely at the device.

Why weren't there anything? Don't s always spammed his phone at this time of the day? He tried thinking all possibilites for them not to do so but nothing came up. He sighed, thinking that they were finally understanding the situation he had within himself.

"Well, guess you should get going at the least," Mark suggested, spoon sticking out from his mouth. Wei nodded, thinned lips. Bidding goodbye, he ran to TOP Media once again.

When he reached the said place at the practice room, it was dark and there was no one. Wei stepped in cautiously, fingers flicking on the light swtich. Why wasn't anyone here? Am I early? There isn't any practice today? He settled down first - Puma bag against the mirror wall as he walked around in circles in the middle of the room. He began dialling Hwanhee's number, fingers drumming on his bicep, arms folded.

He waited until the third ring when his friend finally picked up. "Yeob-sey-eo?" The cracky voice of the other reached Wei's ear. Eyes sliding back up, he answered back.

"Oh Hwanhee, where are you guys? Isn't there any practice today?"

There was some rustling and shuffling in the other line's background before Hwanhee's voice rang again. "No there isn't." This time, it sounded more annoyed and stern. Wei caught this and frowned a little bit.

"Why?"

"You forgetful idiot, it's because there's nothing to practice for! Our debut is pushed way to September, which is seven months later, just after your end-of-year exams results are out!" His friend's voice raised in volume, sounding more angrier. " You're not the only one who's tired, you know! Seriously, are games the only thing you can think about? You even forget about yesterday?"

Wei kept silent, freaked out and afraid. Hwanhee was rare to get angry (especially when he's the youngest) and when he does, he would never talk to you for at least a week or so. That's why none of the members tried to piss him off. Because it was scary.

"Of course I remembered... so you're saying there isn't any practice 'till two months before September?"

"Nope, I'm not. Of course, you silly hyung! Now don't disturb me! I need my beauty sleep," but before he could hang up, Wei stopped him, "what about the others?"

"They're angry, including Sunyoul-hyung. All for the same reason as mine."

"Oh oka-," he fell silent when Hwanhee hung up the call immediately after he said that. He sighed deeply as he threw his phone on his bag, sitting on the ground with a straight face. He stared off in the blank space, thinking about nothing but his lifestyle.

He didn't know how he got into games - maybe because he was influenced by Pewdiepie or Markiplier or a lot of gamer youtubers. Or maybe, Mimi-kat. She was not a youtuber but a well-known online gamer who almost played all action games regardless, famous or not. She would play the least played game and brought it to fame, where a lot of people would play it in the future.

Wei leaned back against the mirror wall, beside his bag. He reached out for his phone and tried to call everyone else but their responses were almost like Hwanhee's. Furious, sadness, disappointed or  avoidance.

"Why are you up so early? I'm really tired so I'm hanging up."

"Sorry, I have to help my mother on morning errands!"

"Please only call when necessary, thanks."

"I need to send my little sister off, bye!"

"What Hwanhee said was true. Please think it over."

"Hyung, I have to visit my aunt for the whole day. Sorry."

"Can't use my phone while eating!"

"I don't feel well in the morning, let me sleep." 

The black haired male nearly threw his phone across the room in vexation but decided not to. He planned to just stay here all day, rather than playing games. Closing his eyes, he let himself sleep again, alone in that room.

 

Automatically, he awoke. Glancing at his phone to check what time, he packed up and left the room. It was already late, at around eight twenty three. By now, he was supposed to play his games. Sure, Hwanhee had a valid point but sometimes, he needed to cool off. Wei reached home and Mark wasn't back until ten. For now, he had the apartment to himself but figured to just stay in his room. After washing up and changing into his pajamas, he started his computer and searched his folder for Counter-strike. After finding it, he entered the virtual world.

He had already played five rounds without dying and many people were inviting him to play at the world they had created but he ignored or declined most of them. Out of a hundred requests, one request had caught his attention.

He had been invited to a game of professionals.

Usually, many people would do this so as to catch his attention but this one seemed so real to him. Shrugging unknowingly, he accepted the request and joined the world. Wei looked through the usernames that were on the blue and the red side. He was on the red side and while looking through, one username in the blue side captured his attention.

'Mimi-kat'

Oh, that player.

He was lucky to come across her because many people were dying to play in the same game and world as Mimi-kat. He was about to jump in happiness when the game began, causing him to hit his knees against the underside of his desk. Ouch, it hurts. No wait, the game! He panicked as a gun was already in his player's hand. Throughout the game, he kept a cool image. He only died once but overalls, he managed to kill most of the blue team enemies.

Well except for one, Mimi-kat,

She was such a professional player that she moved so quickly from one place to another, silently shooting his teammates from who knows where. When Wei caught a glimpse of Mimi-kat, he shot her from the back and she died.

Mia screamed in shock when her player laid down on the ground. "Now that was unexpected. Who killed me!?" She yelped in shock, recovering herself from the shock attack. Wei smiled victoriously when his username appeared at the top right hand corner with a gun pointing at Mimi-kat's username.

WeiToGo (shot) Mimi-kat.

Suddenly, various comments on the chat began complimenting Wei. Mia was slightly impressed that someone was quick enough to follow her so she tried to aim for that 'WeiToGo' person. The game continued and the two players kept aiming at each other. Some players just stood in the middle of nowhere and let themselves get shot effortlessly. In the end, Wei got shot six times by Mia and Mia got shot four times by him.

When they were out of the game, Wei was about to go for the zombie mode when a message popped up for him.

Mimi-kat: Hey! You were really awesome back there, gr8 job ( ^ o ^ )

He was squealing inside that a famous gamer was talking to him. Like, who doesn't get excited when someone you admired talks to you? But he didn't fanboy physically.

WeiToGo: Oh uh, yeah thanks. You too

He was not fond of using emojis but maybe he could try later on.

Mimi-kat: I think you're the only one who managed to shoot me after six months of playing this. You're quite a challenger so can we meet up here again? Team versus team. Don't worry I'll invite you :)

Wow she must be really good at these games.

WeiToGo: Thanks Mimi, I guess. What time?

Mimi-kat: Um.. around eight thirty? If you can xp

WeiToGo: Yeah sure. I'll 'see' you tomorrow

Mimi-kat: Okay! :D but please don't be too nervous XD

WeiToGo: I'm just not used to talking to strangers

Mimi-kat: Oh okay I see. Are you a frequent gamer or something? Sorry just a random question ^^"

WeiToGo: I don't know if sleeping in the day most of the time and playing games in the night is called frequent?

Mimi-kat: Oh I'm opposite of you! XD what a coincidence Do you have any reasons to do so? I played a little bit later than scheduled because I got detention -_-"

WeiToGo: I do have. Now I'm quite angry at myself. Y detention though?

Mimi-kat: Well.. let's just say someone from my school purposely did it >:( Why r u angry at urself? :o

WeiToGo: Guessing that I'm too ignorant to care for my friends' feelings... (sad emoji)

Mimi-kat: Aww don't sulk. Cheer up :D anyways, wanna play another round?

WeiToGo: Zombie?

Mimi-kat: Okay! ^^

The chat wasn't too long but it was enough for Wei to jump on his bed and accidentally hit his own cup of hot coffee and scald himself on the arm. After treating himself, Wei laid on his bed, not playing that long that night. He closed his eyes to go to the next day as soon as possible. Finally, someone as good as him wanted to battle him.

Mia was smiling widely for no reason (maybe the chat with Wei) but she thought she was going to have someone at her level challenging with her. She couldn't wait to battle him because it was rare to find good gamers like her. But Wei shot her more than she expected. Maybe he was a good challenger. She slept early that night, somehow wanting to press forward to the next day.

 

 

Author's note:

Hello everyone! Thanks so much for voting and commenting TTvTT I feel so happy. I hope this chapter's okay for you because it's 3k words long (finally omg) Sorry for any mistakes TT.TT Anyways, thanks again! ( ^ 3 ^ ) m