Daddy Onew

Daddy Onew ~ Onew

The sizzling and searing of food was music to your ears, however the smells caused you to become sick to your stomach. Setting the plates on the place mats, you readied the table for your soon arriving guests.

“Are the guys going to be over soon?” You questioned, taking a deep breath trying to calm your twisting and churning stomach.

“I would say about ten minutes, they wanted to go home and shower before coming over” Onew smiled while he stirred the meat cooking in the deep skillet.

“I am going to change into something different then” You sang, taking this opportunity to calm your stomach and to change into something better than black sweat pants and a grey tank top.

“You look perfect though jagiya” Onew called, looking over his shoulder at you.

“I appreciate it, but I am not sure that your members would” You sang back, walking slowly back to the bedroom as you closed the door slightly behind you, going into your closet, your felt your stomach start to ease a little as your hand slowly rubbed your slightly rounded stomach.

Your thoughts slowly turned from the company coming over tonight to the news that you wanted to announce to Onew. Dropping your eyes to your stomach, your fingers drew a little heart on your stomach.

“Which dress do you think Daddy would like?” You whispered to your soon to be son or daughter. Keeping one hand on your stomach, you thumbed through your dresses as you had an impression to wear a casual yet flattering navy blue dress.

Pulling the spaghetti strapped dress from the hanger, you stepped into the dress and pulled it up over your shoulders, walking out of the closet, you stood in front of your full length mirror while your hands rested on your hips. Your eyes meticulously drifted over the strapped, flared hem dress that hugged your torso slightly, showing off your figure.

“Beautiful….” A voice breathed from the doorway as your head snapped around to see who was standing there.

“Thank you, Onew” You relaxed a little seeing that it was just him. Standing upright, he walked over behind you.

“Do you need some help?” His eyes dropped down to the ped back of the dress.

“I can do it” You told him, as your hands moved behind you, grasping the zipper, you pulled it upwards with ease until you felt the fabric tighten around your stomach and the zipper stop in it’s tracks. Letting out a soft sigh, you closed your eyes and ped it slightly as your hands fell to your sides.

Onew wrapped his arms around your stomach as his head rested against yours lightly, his head turned slightly to kiss your temple while his thumb slowly brushed against your stomach slowly. Slowly, your hands rested over his as your fingers brushed over his wedding ring.

“I love you” He whispered ever so softly and kindly against your ear. Relaxing into his hold, he slowly rocked you from side to side.

“I love you too” Your head leaned back and rested on his shoulder as he kissed your cheek softer than before.

Feeling him pull away, his hands slowly moved from around your stomach, sliding backwards, over your sides then resting at the small of your back where the zipper started. Taking in a deep breath, you held it in as he zipped up your dress all the way to the top. Letting the breath out slowly, you felt the fabric tighten than normal around your stomach. Opening your eyes slowly, your eyes dropped to your stomach, seeing the fabric slightly stretched but not enough to give it away that you were pregnant.

A loud knock on the door caught your attention as Onew stood next to you, rubbing your side gently with one arm.

“I’ll go get it so you can finish getting ready” Onew whispered knowing your routine all too well.

“Don’t be too rowdy with your boys” You tapped him on the tip of his nose before he trotted off to get the door.

Hearing the door open and the boys filling your apartment with brightness and laughter, you undid your hair from it’s messy bun as you shook your hair slightly loving how it fell on your shoulders. Playing with your dress a little, you tucked some hair behind your ear before heading out to enjoy the night.

“Wah~ You sure did hit the jackpot” Key smiled in your direction, his eyes staying on your while you took your place beside Onew.

“I did, didn’t I~” Onew smiled and slipped his hand into yours.

“You look very beautiful, _____” Minho smiled at you, his eyes lightly twinkling

“Thank you Minho”

“If you didn’t like him, you would date me, right?” Jonghyun teased brightly as you nodded

“Totally” You nodded your head, playing around a little with Jonghyun.

“Yah she is taken!” Onew held up your hand that was wrapped with his wedding ring as he held up his that matched yours slightly.

“We know, we know” Taemin rolled his eyes but handed you a single carnation with a wink. “A little gift from us to you”

“Thank you guys, you really all are the sweetest” You smiled and smelled the flower, letting the sweet perfume relax you slightly. “I’m going to put this in some water”

Slipping your hand from Onew’s, your walked into the kitchen and filled a simple glass full of water before immersing the flower stem into the glass of water. Watching the guys all start to gather around the table, you smiled knowing that they all must be starving from their long days at practice.

“Please, sit and enjoy yourselves” You smiled as Onew pulled out your chair for you, easing yourself down into your chair, you watched at the guys chose their seats once you were seated.

“Thank you for inviting us over for a home-cooked meal, we don’t get this often but we are very grateful when we do” Jonghyun bowed thankfully towards you as the other members followed.

“You are so welcome, it is nice to have company over once and a while” You smiled, letting your eyes scan over the table. “Please enjoy and eat as much as you need.”

“Thank you” The members sang in unison before they reached out and started serving themselves the steaming warm food that was filling the table.

Watching the guys pass the food around, taking what they would like, they started talking about work and the funny things that happened in the studio today. Gradually their conversation turned to girls around the office and whom they had a crush on, noticing your plate lifting in front of you, your eyes dropped to see Onew getting you some food before himself.

Having him serve you a smaller amount of food than you would normally have, he slowly placed your plate back in front of you before he served himself. Listening to them talk about women and who they had a crush on, you felt Onew’s hand gently brush across your skin just below the hem of your dress, slightly above your knee.

The two of you ate as everyone else enjoyed talking about little things as you tried to contribute to the conversation where you could. Taking a few bites, your stomach felt tight and upset once more, taking in a deep breath, you pushed your plate away slightly before sinking back into your chair.

“Everything okay? You hardly ate…” Onew turned his attention to you and leaned closer to you trying not to have you be embarrassed.

“Everything is fine, I just don’t feel like eating is all” You whispered, placing your hand over his, nodding his head gently, he turned his attention back to the guys.

“Do you remember Minnie, ______?” Taemin questioned as you brightened and nodded brightly.

“How is she doing? Is she still the secretary for your manager?” You questioned, knowing that you used to work with you until you got promoted.

“She is doing very well, she actually just came back from maternity leave” Key stepped in.

“Oh really? I didn’t know she was expecting…” You started to feel a little warm knowing that you were going to be in the same situation as your friend soon.

“She didn’t want to tell a lot of people, only her boss knew but when she brought the baby boy in the other day…” Key smiled brightly, his eyes glistening as you started to see a hint of fatherhood take over.

“He was so small but cute and wrapped in little blankets with a little blue hat and baby booties!” Minho told you, bouncing in his seat a little as his hands tried to describe how small they were.

“We all held him too~” Jonghyun added with a smile as they were all smiling with the same kind of look in their eye.

“Did you get to hold him too Onew?” You questioned, wanting to know if he was still afraid of children.

“I did, but then he started to cry…” Onew whispered soflty as the other members babbled about the baby.

“I am sure he was just hungry or tired” You smiled at him, your hand resting on his leg while your thumb rubbed against his perfectly fitting blue jeans, “You would make a wonderful Appa, Onew”

The table went silent after your last comment, your cheek started to blush as you grabbed your glass and sipped the ice cold water, trying to take the color away from your cheeks.

“You know it would be really cute if you two had a child” Taemin blurted out, Jonghyun shot a look across the table as he bowed his head gently. Your heart started to beat faster as you shifted uncomfortably in your seat.

“Think of all of the cute, tiny clothes and the crib and the cuddles and kisses” Minho happily babbled as Jonghyun kicked his leg under the table.

“If and when you guys choose to have kids, of course” Jonghyun tried to cover for s as your head slowly dropped, your hand moved over your stomach.

“Will you please excuse me?” You stood up from your seat and moved slowly towards the bedroom.

“What was that all about guys?!” Onew hissed quietly

“Come on, it is so obvious” Jonghyun told him

“O-Obvious?” Onew stammered unsure of what they were talking about.

“Dude, you haven’t picked up on her feeling sick, not eating, only drinking the coldest water, walking slowly, looking a little bigger….” Key tried to show him the hints as Onew just sat there like before.

“Onew, she is pregnant” Minho finally just told him bluntly. Onew looked at ’s faces as it finally sunk in.

“H-H-How did you g-guys…” Onew stammered wondering how they knew.

“It wasn’t rocket science, she has been dropping hints to you for weeks.” Taemin remarked

“L-Like…?” Onew looked at s a little shocked.

“The humming lullabies, the Pinterest posts that she has liked, wearing baggier clothes and feeling hot one minute then cold the next.” Jonghyun listed out on his fingers.

Letting it settle in for a moment, Onew rose to his feet and went to the bedroom door. Taking a deep breath, he suddenly felt his heartbeat race, bringing his knuckles up to the door, he gently tapped them against the white wood of the door before twisting the handle slightly.

“Sweetheart?” He whispered, poking his head into the room.

“Mmmmm?” You hummed while your body laid on the bed.

“How do you feel?” He questioned, slowly walking over to the edge of the bed, where you were laying.

“I’m okay for right now” You turned your head once you saw him come into your view, his beautiful face peered down at you while his hand depressed the mattress on the other side of you.

“If you or the baby need anything, please let me know” Onew remarked as his eyes dropped from yours down to your stomach. “I’m sorry I didn’t pick up it sooner….” His voice slowly faded as his free hand lifted from his leg and brushed against your stomach. The air around the two of you settled and went silent as his finger slowly drew along your stomach slowly.

“Did you want to have a baby?” You questioned, feeling that question nagging at you ever since you found out.

“I always wanted to have a baby with you” His eyes drifted back up to yours before he spoke.

“R-Really?” You stammered, a little shocked at hearing this.

“Really” He nodded to reinforce his answer.

“Aren’t you afraid of kids though?” You probed thinking back to his Hello Baby days.

“Wouldn’t you be scared if you were handed someone elses’ kid and you had to get to know him or her and make him or her happy while trying to follow the parent’s rules?” He posed you question with a question of his own.

“Touche” You nodded your head.

“I’m not scared of having a baby with you since we are doing this together, we will have a little one together and we will learn and grow with our child.” He confessed as you sat up slowly and wrapped your arms around his shoulders.

“You will be a wonderful father since you are already a wonderful husband” You whispered, your fingers running through his hair on the back of his head slowly.

“Thanks Jagi, hopefully I can pick up on the little things you need rather than you spelling it out for me all the time…” His eyes peered into yours as he carefully rested his forehead against yours.

“Just be you” You whispered softly before pressing your lips gently on his. “There isn’t anyone I could love more in this world…”

“I can think of one” He smiled, pressing his lips on yours for a little longer kiss.

“Who?” You questioned a little unsure of where he was getting at.

“Our baby”