The agonizing pain of moving forward

Diary of the brokenhearted Jiyong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Denial : "An unconscious defense mechanism characterized by refusal to acknowledge painful realities, thoughts, or feelings. It is a normal reaction to rationalize overwhelming emotions. It acts as a buffer to an immediate shock. This is a temporary response that carries us through the first wave of pain."

 

I can't remember why we fell apart
From something that was so meant to be
Forever was the promise in our hearts
Now, more and more I wonder where you are

Do I ever cross your mind, anytime?
Do you ever wake up reaching out for me?
Do I ever cross your mind, anytime?
I miss you

Still have your picture in a frame
Hear your footsteps down the hall
I swear I hear your voice, driving me insane
How I wish that you would call
To say...

************************************************************************************************************

We broke up a week ago. I can't believe that we ing did. And it ing hurts like hell. I can't bring myself to say that this is the hardest that I've ever experienced. I've lost a lot of people in my life already but losing you is certainly the most heartbreaking one. Your decision incapacitated me, killing all of my reasoning. I couldn't think straight because everything that surrounds me reminded me of you. Nothing seemed important anymore. There's no good reason for me to wake up every single day anymore. Nothing excites me... Nothing matters anymore.

Everyday, I wake up wishing that this was all just a dream... That it would be your face that I'm going to see first thing in the morning. But the moment I turn to your side of the bed, there was no you. And it never failed to well up my eyes... Puffing up those goddamned tiny orbs. This is not happening. This can't be real. This isn't true.

Wake the hell up, Jiyong.

Please wake me up, Seunghyun...

__________________________________________________________________

Anger : "An emotion characterized by antagonism towards someone or something you feel had deliberately done you wrong. As the masking effects of denial and isolation begin to wear, reality and its pain re-emerge. Some people use this emotion to build up their collapsing confidence, thus helping them to cope up with the pain they are experiencing."
 


See, I don't know why I liked you so much
I gave you all, of my trust
I told you, I loved you, now it's all down the drain
You put me through, I wanna let you know how I feel

what I said it don't mean now
the presents might as well throw them out
all those kisses, it didn't mean jack
you, you hoe, I don't want you back


************************************************************************************************************
 


"I can't do this anymore. Let's break up."

How the can you say those dreadful words casually? What the hell do you think of me? A ing statue? Someone without feelings? you. Does my feelings even matter to you? Don't you really care anymore about all the things that we've been through? I can't believe that someone who I gave my all would do this to me.

Why? Why did you have to leave me? Why did you let him ruin what we have? How could you fall in love with him? Am I not enough? Tell me... Am I ing not enough? You ruined everything. You ing wrecked me.

I hate you. I ing hate you, Seunghyun.

I won't ever forgive you.
________________________________________________________________________

Bargaining : "The normal reaction to feelings of helplessness and vulnerability is often a need to regain control. Secretly, we may make a deal with God or the higher power in an attempt to postpone the inevitable. This is a weaker line of defense to protect us from the painful reality."
 


Can you help me?
Tell me what you want from me.
Can you help me?
Tell me why you wanna leave.
Baby help me,
Without you my whole world is falling apart and I'm going crazy,
Life's a prison when your inlove alone.

I need you to come back home.
I don't wanna be alone.

********************************************************************************************************



Please Subscribe to read the full chapter