1/1

Just Give Me a Kiss (Like This)

Jongin is proud to say that he is very easily one of the most popular boys in the school, maybe even the most popular, despite his standing as a junior. He knows he shouldn't really give a damn and that these popularity games aren't going to do him any good out in the real world, but for right now, in this moment, he is grateful for it. He knows that his social standing allows him to get away with a lot more than some of the other students. He's never bullied, for one thing. And teachers typically dote on him so he can get away with a few late assignments here and there, though he does his best not to rely on that and tries his best in most of his classes. His grades are good and he is a star soccer player. He's been told that if he can keep up both things, he'll likely be looking at a full ride to any college of his choice once he graduates the following year. Not that he's thinking that far ahead right now.

As he shuts his locker, his girlfriend of the week comes up to plant a slimy kiss on his cheek which he immediately wipes off. He really doesn't like any of the girls he dates, but it's expected of him to date, so he settles on switching it up frequently to keep things fresh. There's a rumor going around that he's slept with half the female student body, but that's false. He's only slept with a few of them, and ended up breaking things off with each of them shortly after. He would feel worse about it than he does, but he has it on good authority that 90% of the girls he "dates" are just with him to increase their own social standing in the cutthroat world that is high school.

"Will I see you tonight, Jonginnie?" The girl, what's her name? wiggles her eyebrows at him suggestively.

"No, I don't imagine you will as I am breaking up with you as of now."

Clara, that's her name! pouts beautifully as Jongin walks away from her, unconcerned about her dramatics as he leaves her behind. He is on his way to lit class, the only time in the school day that he gets a reprieve from the airheadedness of the people that latch themselves onto him.  Lit is one of his best subjects, and he's incredibly good at it. Which means that he is in a section that is mostly senior students, and it's honestly a nice change of pace for him. He doesn't really know any of his classmates very well as most everybody in that class are focused on the teacher and don't do much socializing with each other. Jongin likes it like that, though. It gives him a chance to be known for the things he has to say instead of his good looks or his position on the soccer team. 

Sliding into his seat, Jongin tilts his head slightly so he can see the back of Do Kyungsoo's head and the small sliver of his face his angle affords him.  Jongin isn't sure why he does it, but every single day during lit he enjoys staring at his tiny little sunbae. If he gives it much thought, he would probably chalk off his interest to just casual curiosity at the other boy's strange features. His eyes are so, so large that the few times the other has looked back at him, Jongin has felt like he had his whole soul out on casual display for Kyungsoo to peruse at his leisure.  But it's more than just his eyes. Kyungsoo's cheeks are so round and soft that they are constantly tempting Jongin to reach out and squeeze them until they turn red. He bets they feel like fresh mochi. And the final cause of Jongin's piqued curiosity are Kyungsoo's lips. They're full and red, but more than that, when the smaller boy smiles, his lips are drawn up to form a perfect heart that has Jongin wishing desperately to squeeze them together just to see what their texture is like.

Caught up in his fantasies about squishing his sunbae, Jongin nearly doesn't hear his teacher, Mr. Xi, announce that they will be working on a partner project to be done outside of class.  Jongin's heart falls into his stomach. Parnter projects are bad enough anyway, but he doesn't have any friends in this class, and he seriously doubts any of them would be particularly enthused about partnering with an underclassman.  Well, at least they are being assigned partners. He fortunately won't have to stand around awkwardly waiting to see what other poor sap is left without a partner for him to be with. Mr. Xi choosing the partners for them really takes some of the pressure off of him. Jongin really is not used to being uncertain about social things, but in a class like this one where everyone is academically oriented and genrerally unconcerned about the high school pecking order, especially in regards to jocks such as himself, he can't help but to feel a bit uneasy.

Jongin shifts uncomfortably in his seat as Mr. Xi goes through the class list and calls out partners names.  The only person Jongin could possibly hope to be with is Kyungsoo. It would really give him a chance to get close to the older student, to study his features up close. But maybe he doesn't want to be partnered with him. He knows nothing about the other and would just like to sit and stare at him in comfortable silence. Maybe. And what if Kyungsoo doesn't want to be partnered with him. There's been nothing to indicate the other student has even taken a cursury interest in Jongin. And what is Jongin's interest in him anyway? He just thinks he looks unique, he doesn't have any real desire to become friends with him. Does he?

Jongin is a trainwreck as he tries to sort through his emotions on the subject, becoming more and more anxious as the names being called are slowly dwindling. There aren't that many people left, just him and a few others.

"Kim Jongin," Mr. Xi starts and Jongin immediately perks up, ceasing his fidgeting and sitting up straight in his seat. "You will be partnered with Do Kyungsoo."

Jongin feels simultaneously elated and naseuated. His extremities feel as if they are filled with lead at the same time his chest feels lighter than air. He doesn't know why he's having this reaction. It must be because he hates group projects so much anyway, and a partner project with an almost complete stranger is enough to cause anybody anxiety.

When the names are finished being called, Jongin stands with his fellow classmates on the search to find his partner.  Strolling over to Kyungsoo's seat as casually and nonchalantly as his soccer player grace will allow, Jongin leans his hip against the edge of the desk.

"You're Kyungsoo, right?" Jongin asks the seated student, knowing full well that he was. He must say though, he is quite proud of himself for keeping his voice steady. When the older student nods his head in affirmation, Jongin keeps going.

"Great, I'm Jongin. I guess we should exchange numbers so we can plan when to meet?" Jongin decides at the last minute to ask it as a question so that he doesn't seem too forcefull and demanding to Kyungsoo who seems so delicate that a loud voice might just snap him in half.

Kyungsoo doesn't respond verbally, he simply hands his phone over to Jongin. Taking the phone from him, Jongin feels a jolt shoot down his spine as his fingers accidentally brush against Kyungsoo's. Their cold and soft and Jongin is overcome with the urger to take them in his own and feed some much needed warmth into them.

Shaking the intrusive thought away, Jongin types his numer rapidly into Kyungsoo's phone. As he's putting in his name, he makes a spur of the moment decision to add a heart next to it. He doesn't know what came over him, but before he had a chance to second guess himself and delte the heart, he had already handed the phone back to Kyungsoo.

Is he blushing? His cheeks look rosier than usual, and it makes Jongin want even more to squish them together.

Clearing his throat, Jongin speaks again. "Uh, go ahead and text me now so that I have your number, too."

"Oh, right," Kyungsoo says, his voice melting like honey on Jongin's ears.

His phone lights up with a text message and he saves the number as "Soo," feeling like that seemed appropriate.

"Got it, thanks," Jongin rubs the nape of his neck awkwardly as he turns around to go back to his seat.

"Jesus , Mr. Xi!" he exclaims as he jumps about a foot out of his skin, startled by his teacher's presence so unexpectedly close to him.

Mr. Xi just gives him a cryptic and slightly deranged smile before returning to his space at the front of the room and calling the class to order once more.

Mr. Xi is one of his favorite teachers, and often lets the students simply call him Luhan. But despite Jongin's fondness for the lit teacher, he had to admit that sometimes he could be a little off-putting. He had a tendency to be a little too involved with student's lives sometimes, and there was a rumor once that he was in a gay relationship with the history teacher, Oh Sehun. Jongin isn't sure about it, Mr. Oh always seems to be perpetualy grumpy with the eccentric lit teacher, but he also figures it's not really his business to know.

 

Later that day, after soccer practice has ended and Jongin has gotten a shower, his excitement just can no longer be contained. Bubbling over with nervous energy, Jongin fishes his phone out of his pants pocket and pulls up Kyungsoo's contact info.

Hey Soo he begins texting before deleitng the message hurriedly. No, that is much too informal. Kyungsoo is his sunbae, he'll have to work himself up to that level of informality.

Starting over, Jongin types Hey Kyungsoo, what's up? before hitting send as quickly as possible so he can't second guess himself. He doesn't know why he's so nervous about texting the other. They are partners, after all, it's normal that he would text him to plan a meeting time.  His heart is pounding in his chest as he waits for a response. He's never felt so on edge about texting someone before, and he figures this behavior is totally not normal. 

Staring intently at his phone, Jongin's hands are starting to get a bit clammy by the time the device vibrates. The sudden sensation startles him so much that he nearly drops his phone, but he's able to catch it before it can hit the floor.

Heyy, nm, u? Is all it says. Jongin can't help but to chuckle a bit.  For someone as academically excellent as Kyungsoo, it is beyond funny to see that he texts like most other teenagers. 

Settling onto his bed a bit more comfortably, Jongin types away. When should we meet? To discuss the project, I mean. We could grab a coffee or something?

Jongin isn't sure why, but inviting Kyungsoo out for coffee seems kind of terrifying, but the message has already been sent. Before he has a chance to work himself up into a bundle of nerves, however, his phone is vibrating once more.

Sure, how's tonight? I'm kinda busy tomrrw, so the sooner the better.

Elated, Jongin texts a quick, tonight's good.

Great, meet me in 20 at Starbucks.

Jongin sends a thumbs up emoji, heart fluttering wildly in his chest as he tosses his phone on the bed and hurries to find something to change in to. Under any other circumstance, Jongin would have no problem going out in his sweats as he is now, but he feels like he needs to dress to impress. It's just because he's his sunbae, Jongin tells himself. He just needs to prove that he is worthy of being his partner. 

Donning a pair of skinny jeans and a maroon t shirt that his mother always tells him looks good against his tan skin, Jongin finger combs his fringe so that it's not sticking up every which way before hurrying out the door to meet his tiny little sunbae.

Jongin made it to the cafe before Kyungsoo did, and he really wasn't sure the proper protocol for things like this. Is he supposed to go ahead and order? But then he would end up finishing his drink before Kyungsoo even got his. Deciding on just grabbing a table for the two of them, Jongin felt hideously uncomfortable while waiting. He felt that at any moment the waitstaff was going to come and shoo him away for not ordering anything. He had his text messages pulled up just in case he needed to prove he was actually waiting for someone before ordering. 

Watching the front door as hard as he could, Jongin knew the exact moment that Kyungsoo walked through the door. Now he was no longer afraid of getting kicked out, his previous tensions were replaced by the strange anxiety he felt about meeting with Kyungsoo outside of school.

"Hey Jongin," Kyungsoo greets casually as he approaches Jongin at the table. So comfortable and casual, Jongin was struck by how different Kyungsoo looked outside of his school uniform. He was wearing tight jeans that hugged his figure beautifully, a few well placed rips running up the length of his thighs, moments of pale white skin peaking out through them.  He was wearing a plain white v neck t shirt and had pulled over an excessively fluffy cardigan covered in loops of yarn to give it a shaggy appearance.  Jongin wants to pull him into his lap and squeeze him forever while he looks like that. 

"Uh, hey S-Kyungsoo," he responds, pulling himself from his strange imaginings and almost accidentally calling him Soo in the process.

"Did you order yet?"

"No, did you? - I mean," Jongin blushes furiously at his mistake. He's just nervous because Kyungsoo is a senior, is all. "I mean we should go ahead and order now."

"Haha, okay, sounds like a plan," Kyungsoo chuckles as he tosses his bag down and the two of them walk towards the counter to order their drinks.

Kyungsoo ordered a simple Americano which makes Jongin feel embarrassed for ordering his excessively cold and sweet green tea frapuccino with extra whipped cream. But he doesn't really like coffee all that much and would much prefer a dessert beverage, so he tries not to seem too concerned about the glaring difference in their drink choice.

When their orders are called, the two boys bring their drinks back to their seats and take a sip.

"That looks pretty good, mind if I try it?" Kyungsoo asks, already reaching out to grab Jongin's cup.

"Sure, be my guest," Jongin is glad he is once more regaining his normal cool persona. This bumbling idiocy he has been displaying in front of Kyungsoo lately is probably leaving him with a terrible impression of him.

Kyungsoo puts Jongin's straw into his mouth and takes a quick sip. It's over soon, which is fortunate because Jongin is once more becoming distracted by the shape Kyungsoo's lips form.

"Really sweet," Kyungsoo says as he slides the drink back across the table to its owner.

"Don't you like sweet things?" Jongin inquires as he takes a very long sip of the wonderful frothy beverage.

"I mean, I don't dislike sweet things, but I gotta be in the mood for it, ya know?"

"Yeah, I guess I can get that," Jongin smiles at him and thinks he briefly sees him smile, but it's over before the heart can totally form.

"Anyway, what should we do about this project?" Kyungsoo asks.

"Um, I'm not totally sure, I haven't really given it that much thought."

"I don't think it really matters. Mr. Xi seems to have just pulled this assignment out of his , I don't think it will take us very long to do."

Jongin's stomach drops at the news they won't be spending much time together. He really doesn't understand why he's been like this lately, but he doesn't have the time to psychoanalyze himself right now.

They talk about the assignment for a few minutes more before their conversation turns into other topics. 

"So you're a soccer player, right? I bet you have no problems finding a girlfriend." Kyungsoo laughs up at him and his face is so bright Jongin is left momentarily stunned.

"Uh,no, I don't really have any trouble." For some reason, the answer feels dirty in his mouth.  "What about you?"

"What about me?"

"Well, I guess how are you in terms of girls? I mean, do you have a girlfriend or anything?"

"Oh, no, I don't have a girlfriend. Dating isn't really a priority for me right now or anything."

Jongin doesn't know why this news upsets him, but it does.  "Isn't dating kind of a priority for everyone in high school?"

"I don't see why it should be. My grades and my friends are more important right now. Sure, if I find someone I like I wouldn't be opposed to dating them, but I'm not too concerned about whether or not I do find someone I like."

"You're very different from everyone else I know, Soo."

"Did you just call your sunbae Soo?" Kyungsoo asks. Jongin knows he's ed up. That is way out of bounds and Kyungsoo seems pretty angry about it.

", sunbae, I'm sorry. It was an accident, I didn't mean to be so informal with you!"

Kyungsoo just stares at him for a while with his arms crossed, a hard expression on his face. Jongin is squirming in his seat and trying to think what else he can say to rectify the situation when Kyungsoo suddenly starts laughing.

"Oh my god, you should've seen your face! Who would believe me if I told them the great Kim Jongin was terrified by something I said!? This is too much! You can relax, Jongin, I'm an , but I'm not that much of an . Call me whatever makes you feel comfortable whether that is Soo, Kyungsoo, or Your Very Cool and All Powerful, Spectacular Do Kyungsoo"

"Hahaha, okay," Jongin isn't really sure what just happened, but at least it doesn't seem Kyungsoo is angry with him.

They both finish their drinks shortly after and, after making other plans to meet again in a few days, get up to leave.

They end up both trying to go through the door at the same time meaning that thye get pressed up against each other. Jongin suddenly feels very hot as he quickly backs up to let Kyungsoo out first, apologizing profusely.

"Hey Jongin, don't worry about it," Kyungsoo reassures him, putting a comforting hand on his arm. "I'll see you later, yeah?" He confirms as he turns and walks away from the Starbucks, Jongin's arm burning where he touched him.

 

That night, Jongin is laying on his bed about to fall asleep when his phone buzzes. Reaching over to grab it, Jongin reads his message.

Goodnight Jongin. C u in class tomrrw.

Jongin falls asleep that night with a smile lingering on his face.

 

The next two days go by incredily slowly at the same time they are moving incredibly fast.  His interactions with Kyungsoo are limited to the few minutes at the beginning of class before Mr. Xi begins the lesson, and then Kyungsoo is running off to his next class almost as soon as the bell rings.

But they have plans to meet again tonight. Jongin is going to go over the library after soccer practice ends (and he's had a very thorough shower). Kyungsoo tutors underclassmen there after school, and he should be finishing up by the time Jongin gets there.

Eagerly anticipating see his little doe eyed classmate again, Jongin rushes through his shower at the end of practice before dressign ad walking to the library as quickly as he can, completely unconcerned by his sopping wet hair dripping down his neck in the chilly fall weather.

"Hey Jongin," Kyungsoo greets him with a smile when Jongin sits across from him at his table in the library. "Your hair is wet."

"Yeah, I just got out of the shower."

"I could have waited an extra five minutes while you dried your hair."

"But I couldn't have."

"What?" Kyungsoo asks, his eyebrows drawn close together in confusion.

, he didn't mean to say that. He doesn't even know where those words came from. "Um, I meant that Chen was hogging the hairdryer and it would have taken forever for him to finish."

"Oh, okay." Kyungsoo doesn't seem to totally believe him on that, but drops the subject anyway. Hunkering down, the two of them begin work on their project.

Ten minutes later, Kyungsoo is trying to point out something in the text, but Jongin is having a difficult time seeing it from his side of the table.

"Hold on a moment, Soo," he interrupts as he stands up and walks around the table before sitting next to Kyungsoo.

"There, now I can see what you're talking about." Jongin leans nearer towards the book, in the process pressing his shoulder to Kyungsoo's. He feels warm all over, but refuses to let Kyungsoo see his internal struggle.

"Oh, um, okay. As I was saying..." Jongin has almost completely stopped listening, too busy focusing his attention of not turning into a giant tomatoe from the sensation of being so close the his small little sunbae. He does, however, notice when Kyungsoo has stopped talking and leans back to look at him properly, trying to decipher the look on his soft face.

After that point, a dam seems to have burst inside of Jongin. He can't stop touching Kyungsoo. Whether it's putting his hand on his shoulder when he stands to look at something, bumping his knees accidentally on purpose into the other, or pushing a stray lock of hair out of his beautifully squishy face, Jongin just cannot keep his hands to himself, no matter how hard he tries.

He really doesn't know why he's being like this. It must be because Kyungsoo is so small and soft looking, Jongin's protective instincts are kicking in. He feels like he needs to keep Kyungsoo safe, he seems so delicate and easily broken.

"Jongin! Hey, Jongin!" Jongin realizes he's been spacing off again, too distracted with his own inner turmoil that he wasn't listenting to a word Kyungsoo was saying.

"Sorry, what?"

"I was just going to say that I think we're done. With the project, I mean."

"Oh yeah, I guess you're right." Jongin was disappointed. He knew the project was going to be able to get done in one session, but now that it's over, he wishes he had made it drag out a little longer.

"What's wrong?" Kyungsoo asks, reaching a hand forward as if to grab his hand, but pulling it back at the last second.

"It's nothing," Jongin mutters as he begins shoving stuff into his bag.

"Clearly it's something. Are you not happy with the way the project turned out? If you wanted to do something different, you could have just told me." Kyungsoo seems concerned.

"No, it's not that, it's just - " Jongin finds a pull on his sweater sleeve that he can pick at. There's already a little hole there, why not make it bigger? "It's just that, I really liked hanging out with you, Kyungsoo."

"Awe, is little Jonginnie going to miss his buff and totally cool hyung?" Kyungsoo teases as he reaches forward to ruffle his hair, patting his head like a dog.

"You're an ," Jongin laughs as he pushes Kyungsoo's hand off his head,  though in all honesty he is sad at the lack of contact.

"Tell you what, Jongin. I'm free this weekend, let's go see a movie, yeah?"

"Really?" Jongin perks up and Kyungsoo smiles slightly at the tan boy's resemblance to a puppy.

"Yeah, I kinda wanna see Pan. I hear it's good."

"That sounds great, I wanted to see it too."

"Cool, I'll text you the details," Kyungsoo is so cool as he slings his backpack over one shoulder and exits the library, leaving Jongin at the table to ponder all his conflicting emotions.

 

 

The rest of the week passes without incident, and finally it is Friday. Kyungsoo had texted Jongin earlier to tell him to meet up with him in the parking lot after school. When they met each other at the beginning of their lit class, Kyungsoo had confirmed what Jongin had assumed; that he would drive them to the theater.

As soon as the bell signalling the end of the day rings, Jongin is out the classroom door and halfway to his locker in no time. As he's entering the combination to his locker, eager to get his and go, Jongin is startled by a bony arm slinging around his neck.

"What's up , you ready for tonight?" Chen pulls him into a headlock and messes up his hair before letting him go.

"What's tonight?" Jongin asks curiously as he exchanges some books and shuts his locker, leaning against it to face Chen.

"We're going to Chanyeol's house to get trashed, remember? His mom's out of town this weekend and he's got the place to himself."

" that's right, I totally forgot!" Jongin smacks himself on the forehead with the palm of his hand. "I can't make it, I made other plans with Kyungsoo."

"Oh, Kyungsoo?" Chen asks curiously.

"Actually, it's Do." Jongin sniggers at him.

"Shut up you wad, I know that!" Chen playfully smacks him on the shoulder before leaning against the locker next to him. "You've been spending a lot of time with that tiny senior this week."

"Yeah, we were paired up for a lit assignment."

"Is that what you're doing tonight?" Chen keeps the question casual and Jongin is too daft to pick up on the leading tone of it.

"No, we finished the project already. We're going to go see a movie tonight."

"Mmm, should be fun, you'll have to tell me how it goes later." Jongin is still 100% oblivious to Chen's implications, just as Chen  knew he would be.

"Thanks for understanding about me bailing tonight. Really man, you're the best."

"And don't you ever forget it, pea brain," is all Chen says before flicking his friend in the forehead and sauntering off.

"Asswipe!" Jongin calls after him as he disappears down the hallway. Looking at his phone to check his messages, Jongin notices the time. "!"

 

"About time you finally got here," Kyungsoo gives him a stern look as he comes barrelling across the parking lot to where he is waiting by his car.

"I am so, so sorry. I ran into my friend Chen  and yeah..." Jongin trails off as he notices the teasing glint in Kyungsoo's eyes. "You're a real , you know that right?" Jongin asks as he lets himself into the passenger side of Kyungsoo's car.

"Yes, so I've been told. But you have to admit, it keeps me interesting."

"Yeah, whatever. Just drive bug eyes.

"Hey! I resemble that remark!"

"You're an idiot."

"Look who's talking!"

They stop talking as Kyungsoo turns on his music, and Jongin can't seem to wipe the stupid smile off of his face. 

A few minutes in, EXO's song What is Love starts playing, and there was nothing on God's green earth that could have prepared Jongin for the truly stunning sound of Kyungsoo's voice. The whole time he is singing, Jongin remains quietly in his seat, staring at the look of pure joy on Kyungsoo's face.  When he holds the high note out, Jongin's arms erupt in chills and he knows for sure he's never heard a more beautiful voice.

When the song has ended and Kyungsoo has stopped singing, Jongin has still not stopped staring.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" It's the first time Jongin has seen Kyungsoo visibly uncomfortable in his presence.

"Sorry!" Jongin whips his head around and stares determinedly out the front window. "I just - you sing so well, I guess I got a little lost."

If Jongin hadn't been so focused on looking out the window, he might have actually seen Kyungsoo blush.

"Thanks..." Kyungsoo's voice is soft, and Jongin feels incredibly embarrassed. "Well, we're here," Kyungsoo interrupts the silence as they pull into a parking spot.

Walking up to the ticket booth, Kyungsoo orders for them. "Two for Pan, please."

"That'll be $18.50."

As Kyungsoo reaches into his pocket to pull out his wallet, Jongin grabs his wrist to stop him. "Don't touch it, I'll pay for us."

"Nonsense, I'm the hyung and I'm the one who invited you out."

"You're right, you're the hyung and I'm the dongsaeng, so I should pay."

"That doesn't even make sense, Jongin. If someone invites you out, that means - "

"Hey, lover boys, you're holding up  the line," the ticket teller says into her microphone.

Jongin turns bright red from head to toe in embarrassment from being called out like that, and in the thirty seconds it takes him to regain his composure, Kyungsoo has already handed over his card and paid for their tickets.

"My treat," he says smugly as he hands a ticket to Jongin.

"Fine, be like that. But I will pay for our popcorn and drinks.

"Alright, I won't argue that! It'll probably cost more than the tickets anyway."

"You little !" Jongin wraps his arm around his neck to put him in a brief headlock, but doesn't pull away after he's released the pressure, instead keeping his arm casually slung around Kyungsoo's narrow shoulders.

They buy their drinks and snacks, or rather, Jongin does, and head to the theater where they occupy two empty seats in the back row. 

About halfway through the movie, Jongin feels a sudden weight on his shoulder. Looking over slowly, carefully not to move his body, Jongin's heart skips a beat when he sees Kyungsoo's sleeping face. His lips are parted ever so slightly, and his long black eyelashes are fluttering occasionally against his delicate cheek bones. Glancing down, Jongin notices one of Kyungsoo's hands lying open faced in his lap. Struck with the sudden urge to feel that soft skin again, Jongin reaches over carefully and places the small hand into his much larger one.

Just as it had been last time, Kyungsoo's hand is cold. Jongin encases it entirely in his own feverishly warm hand.  His heart is beating erratically and when Kyungsoo shifts slightly, Jongin immediately drops his hand and jumps so hard it wakes the other up.

"What did I miss?" Kyungsoo asks groggily as he sits up in his seat once more.

"Not much. The pirates just attacked and now Pan, Hook, and Tiger Lilly are on the run.

"Kay, thanks," Kyungsoo rubs tiredly at his eyes.

When the movie ends, the two of them decide to forego dinner and just go straight home. They are both full from the popcorn, and Kyungsoo is asleep on his feet.

"Are you sure you don't want me to drive?"

"Jongin, do you even have your license?"

"Well no, but I could still - "

"I'm fine, Jongin," Kyungsoo cuts him off, giving his shoulder a light shove as they approach his car. "It won't take that long anyway. Where do you want me to drop you?"

"You don't need to take me home. I can just take the subway."

"Nonsense, Jongin. Besides, I need you to talk to me to keep me awake."

"But - "

"Hold on, my umma is calling me." Kyungsoo flaps a hand at Jongin to indicate that he should be quiet for a moment.

"Umma? - Yeah, the movies over now... No, we haven't eaten dinner yet, we were just going to go home... You're making Naengmyun?... Okay, we'll be there in about ten... Yep, love you too. Bye."

"Change of plans, umma's making naengmyun and she's insisted my "little friend nini" come along too."

"Nini? Seriously? You're just making that last part up!"

"No, honestly! That's what she said!"

Buckling his seatbelt as Kyungsoo backs the car up out of the spot, Jongin replies. "I don't believe you, you no good piece of ."

"Hey man, better than Soo."

"You cannot even pretend that that is true! And besides, you said you didn't mind being called Soo!"

"And you don't mind being called Nini."

"Hell yeah I do!"

The conversation ended there, however, as Kyungsoo had to slam on his brakes to avoid hitting an SUV that pulled out in front of him. Flinging his arm over into the passenger seat to keep Jongin from launching forward, Kyungsoo accidentally grabs a delicate handful of Jongin's quite expansive chest.

"Well geez, Kyungsoo. If you wanted to feel me up, all you had to do was ask."

"Shut up you annoying er!" Kyungsoo screeches as he turns red for the second time that day, driving the car carefully in the direction of his house.

Jongin laughs quietly to himself, but decides to let the conversation drop until they've pulled up next to Kyungsoo's apartment complex.

Riding the elevator and keying in his passcode, Kyungsoo kicks his shoes off in the entryway, Jongin following closesly behind.

"Soo honey, I'm in the kitchen!"

"Coming umma!" he calls back as he leads Jongin towards the sound of his mother's voice.

"Hey babycakes, how was the movie? Oh! this must be little Nini! He's just as gorgeous as you said he was!"

"Umma!!" Kyungsoo yells loudly. Jongin thinks he must have set a record for getting the unshakeable Kyungsoo to blush three times in one day.

"Well he is!"

"Ahnyonghasaeyo, ommoni," Jongin bows in greeting.

"No need to be so formal, Nini. Handsome boys such as yourself can get away with a bit more familiarity."

"Uh, thanks. And, um, it's Jongin, actually."

"Oh, I'm sorry. Kyungsoo just keeps referring to you as Nini so I thought - "

"That's enough, umma!" Kyungsoo has his hand wrapped over his mother's face to cover and keep her from talking anymore. "We'll be going to my room now, call us out when dinner is ready." And before his mother can even say another word, Kyungsoo has already grabbed a hold of Jongin's hand and towed him away from the kitchen and into his room.

"God, she is so embarrassing!" Kyungsoo groans as he flops onto his bed.

"You think I'm gorgeous, huh?" Jongin decides to poke fun at his squishy hyung while he's in this vulnerable state and unlikely to attack.

"No, I said handsome, and that was one time. She wanted to know what you looked like so I just said you were handsome."

"You think I'm handsome?" Jongin's chest inflated a little.

"Well yeah, doesn't everybody?" For some reason, Kyungsoo's blase comment was like a needle had been stuck between his ribs and let the air out of the balloon he has slowly been inflating all week.

"Yeah, I guess."

The rest of the evening goes by without incident. Jongin quickly forgets about his earlier feeling of hurt and the two of them laugh and tease each other as if they've been friends for years. Kyungsoo's mother joins in on it and leaves no man alive with her wickedly sharp tongue and incredible sense of humor. It's not hard to see where Kyungsoo got his personality from. 

When it's over, Kyungsoo's mom drives Jongin home, and Kyungsoo falls asleep on him once again on their way to Jongin's house.

"Jongin, sweety, thanks for coming over. You're welcome any time you like. And if Kyungsoo says otherwise, tell him I'll kick his ."

"Thanks ommoni. Um, what should I do about him now?" Jongin indicates to Kyungsoo's head that is resting heavily on his shoulder, bangs obscuring his face.

"Just give him a shove, he needs to sleep in his own bed anyway."

Jongin laughs softly at her response before gently running his hand up and down Kyungsoo's thigh to bring him quietly back into wakefulness. "Hey, Soo, I gotta go now. You gotta get off of me."

"Mwhat?" Kyungsoo grumbles as he slowly lifts his head off of Jongin.

"I said I'm home. I will see you in class Monday."

"Yep, see ya," Kyungsoo pats the back of Jongin's hand that he just realized is still on his thigh.

Retracting his hand quickly, Jongin exits the vehicle.  Just before walking into his apartment building, Jongin gives one last wave to the car, which Mrs. Do reciprocates before driving off with her sleepy son.

 

That weekend passes by the same way most of his weekends do.  Jongin spends his time at home rotating between doing homework and playing video games. Normally he would try to meet up with Chen, but he's too hungover to want to leave his bed. 

In moments of quiet, as Jongin is in the shower, or eating dinner, or waiting for the save screen to load, his mind drifts off to Kyungsoo, totally without him realizing.  He keeps remembering the weight of Kyungsoo's head on his shoulder, or the soft feeling of his cold hand. 

And Sunday night as he drifts off to sleep, it is to visions of Kyungsoo's heart shaped smile and the tinkling sound of his laugh.

 

 

Monday morning starts off groggy and exhausting for Jongin. It is a cold and rainy day and he wants nothing more than to stay cuddled up in his bed, blankets pulled over his head andhis dimly glowing phone lit up with the use of his Netflix app.

His mother, however, forces him out of bed.

"Get up, you slacker. You're gonna be late."

"I'm sick~" Jongin whines with a pathetic excuse for a fake cough.

"Yeah, and I'm the Queen of England."

"I always knew you were royalty."

"Come on, up up up!" His mother laughs as she yanks the blankets off of him and rolls him out of bed and onto the floor.

After dawdling around, Jongin is almost late to school, which his mother would nag him about if she knew.

The day is the same as every Monday, with one difference. In lit class, Jongin stares at Kyungsoo as he is wont to do, but Jongin is elated? confusd? to notice that Kyungsoo keeps turning around to look at him too. Why is he staring at him so much?

Jongin doesn't get a chance to ask him though, because as soon as the bell rings, Kyungsoo is off to his next class, same as every day.

He spends the rest of the afternoon turning over that bit of new information, but ultimately decides it's not worth overthinking. The last class of the day has ended, and Jongin makes his way over to Kyungsoo's history classroom so they can see each other a bit before they go home.

Jongin watches as all of Kyungsoo's classmates leave the room, but not Kyungsoo. Confused, Jongin starts walking towards the door to peek his head in the classroom when he hears voice.

"Mr. Oh? You wanted to see me after class?"

"Uh, yeah," Jongin hears Mr. Oh clear his throat. "Please Kyungsoo, take a seat."

Curious about their conversation and knowing that Kyungsoo really won't mind Jongin overheard anything about his grades, Jongin decides to lean outside of the door and listen.

"Sure. What's this about though?" Kyungsoo's voice is laden with curiousity and Jongin thinks maybe a little bit of nervousness. No one likes to be called out by a teacher, it always makes you feel you've done something wrong.

"Um, your paper was really well written. Good job."

"Thank you. Is that all you wanted to see me about?"

"Um, no." If Jongin didn't know any better, he would almost say that Mr. Oh sounded a little uncomfortable.

"Are you okay, Mr. Oh?" Jongin has to keep himself from cooing over how cute a concerned Kyungsoo is.

"No, not really."

"Why, are you and Mr. Xi having relationship troubles?" Jongin has to keep himself from laughing out loud at Kyungsoo's brazen question. Judging by the choked sounds coming from their teacher, it seems Mr. Oh is more than a little off put by the question too.

"Sorry if that was out of bounds."

"No, it's fine." Mr. Oh chokes out. "I just wanted to let you know that I'm here if there's ever anything you need to talk about." Interesting, Jongin thinks, he didn't deny that he and Mr. Xi are a thing.

"Oh, well, thanks. I'll see you around then."

Jongin hears Kyungsoo's steps approaching, and he stands up ready to greet his friend when suddenly the footsteps stop and retreat back into the classroom. Confused, Jongin resumes his listening.

"Actually, Mr. Oh?"

"Just call me Sehun, Kyungsoo. I'm not that much older than you anyway."

"Okay, um, Sehun? There is something I wanted to ask you about."

"Ask away."

"How did you know you were, you know...gay?" Jongin's heart races at the question. Why would Kyungsoo be asking about that? And how does he know that Mr. Oh is gay? He thought that was just an unfounded rumor. How is Kyungsoo so sure it's true?

"I didn't. I had no idea what my ual orientation was until Luhan kissed me. I thought I liked girls. Truthfully, I still think I like girls. I just like Luhan a little more." Oh, so it really isn't just a rumor then.

"So you didn't know you were gay? That's normal?"

"Completely normal. If Luhan hadn't confessed, I would probably never have found out, to be honest. Why? Is there a boy you like?"

"I - I think there might be? But I don't know if he's interested in me too? He kind of sleeps around a lot. With girls. But we've been working on this project together and I think I really like him. And he's really touchy when we're together, but I don't know if that's just how he is or..." Jongin's heart is pounding in his chest. His hands are suddenly clammy and shaking uncontrollably. His mouth is dry and his throat feels tight, making it difficult to breath.

Jongin doesn't know how he knows it, but he has no doubt that Kyungsoo is talking about him. He doesn't know what he's feeling right now beyond mass confusion, but he also can't tear himself away from his eavesdropping. This is not a conversation he should be listening to, and yet here he is.

"Have you spent any time with him outside of school?"

"A little bit, but always in public places."

"Maybe you should try talking to him about it? Ask him to meet you after school in the band room or something? No one is ever there after 3:30, that would be as good a place as any."

"Yeah, you're right. Thanks Mr. Oh."

"Sehun. And, uh, you're welcome. I hope it works out for you."

As soon as Jongin hears footsteps approaching him once more, Jongin flees from his position and races to the bathroom, locking himself into a stall until he can get his beating heart and frazzled nerves under control.

Kyungsoo likes him? Kyungsoo likes him?

How? Why? What is he supposed to do? How is he supposed to react? What if Kyungsoo really does ask him out, what is he supposed to say?

 

As soon as Jongin gets home, he locks himself in his room and immediately dials Chen's number.

"What's up mother er?" Comes Chen's voice in his usual greeting after just three rings.

"Chen, I'm freaking out man. Freaking the out!

"Don't get kyour in a twist and just tell me what's going on."

"It's Kyungsoo. He likes me!"

"Good for you bro! Congratulations and all that."

"No no no, you don't understand, he likes likes me!" Jongin practically shouts into the phone as he collapse onto his bed, face twisted to the side so that he can still speak clearly into the receiver.

"Why are you acting as if that's a problem? You like him too you wad."

What the hell is he talking about? "Uh, Chen, I'm not sure if you've gotten the memo or not, but I'm straight."

"Jongin, you stupid little , are you actually still lying to yourself about that? Dude, you are not straight. Every time you've slept with a girl you've just complained about how gross it was."

"It is gross." Jongin emphasizes.

"My point exactly! No straight guy that I know thinks that way. And you cannot lie to yourself any more, you're totally into Kyungsoo! Don't think I don't see the way you look at him. Not to mention you've never passed up a chance to get trashed at Chanyeol's place before Friday. You need to get your head out of your pert little and come to terms withthe fact that not only are you gay, you've got the hots for one little Do Kyungsoo."

"You really think I like him?" Jongin isn't being confrontational anymore and Chen senses his waning lack of resistence on the topic.

I know you like him, Jongin. Think about the things I'm about to tell you. If you've ever experienced any of them, it is a pretty good sign you're totally into him. You can't stop staring at him, any time you're with him you just want to be touching at him, you've wondered what his lips feel like, you would never even consider cancelling plans with him, talking to him is more important to you than talking to me, your very best friend. The list goes on, but I feel I've made my point."

Jongin doesn't answer right away; he is too lost in thought. All of the things Chen has said are things that he has felt, and he starts to think that maybe he might be right, maybe Jongin really does like Do Kyungsoo, the cute little doe eyed senior.  He thinks about all the times Kyungsoo has made his heart flutter, all the times that touching him has made him feel warm and comfortable. He remembers the strong and irresistable desire he had to hold Kyungsoo's hand the other day in the movie theater while he was asleep on his shoulder and he realizes he 100% definitely likes Kyungsoo.

"So, what do I do?" Jongin would never admit it to anybody other than Chen, but he's scared. He's never actually liked anyone before, and the idea of being gay when he's always assumed he's straight is quite frankly terrifying.

"Just tell him how you feel, it's no big deal. Especially since you already know he likes you too."

"You make it sound so easy. What if I screw it up?"

"Well, considering you're a bumbling idiot, I know you'll screw it up. I also know Kyungsoo isn't going to care."

"You're a totall asshat, you know that, right?" But there is no real bite to his words. Chen has manged to cheer him up as only Chen knows how to do, and Jongin is feeling much more at peace with the revelation that not only does Kyungsoo like him, but Jongin likes him back.

"Glad I could help. Now if you don't mind, umma was in the middle of giving me a lecture about my swearing before I answered your call."

Jongin laughed as he heard Chen's mother yelling for him in the background, threatening to ground him if he didn't get his scrawny downstairs right this instant.

"Gee, I wonder where you could possibly have gotten it from."

"Only the dear lord Jesus knows the answer to that one. See ya Jong, tell me how ing Kyungsoo goes!"

Before Jongin could say anything in response, the little had already hung up the phone, leaving Jongin with a burning face and not entirely unwanted images of him and Kyungsoo together.

When Jongin falls asleep that night, it is in both eager and apprehensive anticipation.

 

As per usual, Jongin barely sees Kyungsoo in school the next day. They talk just long enough at the beginning of lit class for Kyungsoo to tell Jongin to meet him in the band room at the end of the school day, he has something to tell him.

Knowing that today is the day, Jongin is incredibly restless through the rest of his classes. Noticeably so, as multiple teachers made it a point to call him out on his disruptive behavior. He can't bring himeslf to feel embarrassed though, he is much too elated at the idea that by the end of the day, he might be in a relationship with flawless Do Kyungsoo.

The minute the last bell rings, Jongin is bolting out of his clasroom and going straight to the bandroom, foregoing stopping at his locker knowing that anything in there could wait.

Jongin walks in and sees that Kyungsoo is already there. His happiness levels increase even futher as he realizes that this means Kyungsoo is just as eager about this as Jongin is.

"Jongin. Hi. You came."

"I did." Jongin says, stopping just short of Kyungsoo, closer than social rules typically allowed, but he was just so happy that he wanted to be as near to Kyungsoo as he physically could be.

"You said there was something you wanted to say to me?" His heart thuds almost painfully in his chest. The ball is in Kyungsoo's court, and Jongin is hoping desperately that he will go for it.

"I...um...I-"

"Yeah?" Jongin takes a step closer to Kyungsoo so that now the poor boy has to tilt his head up to look at him. The warmth radiating from the smaller figure has Jongin feeling absolutely giddy, and his head is spinning in eager anticipation. This is it: this is the moment.

"I think - I- I think that maybe I might possibly like you. I hope you're not freaked out or anything, but I-"

Jongin cuts off his stammering by swooping in and kissing him passionately. He was going to let him finish what he had to say, he really was, but the temptation was much too great. Ever since Chen helped him come to the realization the night before that he likes Kyungsoo, Jongin has been thinking about kissing him almost nonstop.

His fantasies of the moment certainly do not compare to the actual thing. Kyungsoo's lips are warm and soft against his, and Jongin feels as if he could sink into the pillowy sensation and remain there for all eternity.

But their moment is cut short when Mr. Xi squeals and falls out of the cubby he was for whateer reason hiding in.

The two boys spring apart and stare at their Lit teacher as he tries to regain a standing position, cheeks both aflame with embarrassment at having been caught kissing.

"Mr. Xi?" Jongin questions almost confrontationally. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh my God, Luhan, you're such an embarrassment."

"Mr. Oh?"

"Kyungsoo, I told you to call me Sehun."

"What are you two doing here?" Jongin moves in front of Kyungsoo posessively. He knows now that the two teachers are in fact an item, but it doesn't make him feel any less posessive or protective of his Kyungsoo. That's right, he's his now.

"Awe, Hunnie Bear! Look at them! They're in love!" Mr. Xi squeals and Jongin can see Kyungsoo becomes even redder than all the times he's seen him ebarrassed combined.

"Luhan, I swear to God," Mr. Oh mumbles as his face turns bright red in tandem with his two blushing students, and Jongin is glad to see at least one of his teachers has some semblance of decorum.

"Hunnie Bear! It's so cute!!"

"Luhan, I think it's time for us to go." Mr. Oh practically drags the older male out the door as he continues to coo over the sight of their two students, especially when Jongin reaches back to grab Kyungsoo's hand and give it a reassuring squeeze.

As soon as their teachers are gone, Jongin inquires, "What do you think that was about?" As he's asking the question, Jongin puts his arms around Kyungsoo's slim waist and pulls him close, ghosting his question over the heart shaped lips of his precious Kyungsoo.

"I have no idea," Kyungsoo responds, words brushing sensually over Jongin's lips, causing him to heat up considerably before he dives in to pick up where they left off at the time of their interruption.

Kyungsoo pulls away and smiles up at Jongin, their faces still close. "So I guess this means you like me too?"

Despite his smile, Jongin can sense Kyungsoo's insecurity. "It does."

"Good," Kyungsoo breathes in relief as he rests his forehead against Jongin's broad chest.

"So, Netflix and chill at my place tonight?" Jongin asks teasingly.

"Shut the up," Kyungsoo berates his boyfriend as he stands on his tiptoes to capture Jongin's lips in another soft kiss.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: So, a lot of you asked for a Kaisoo version of my Hunhan fic, Teacher's Game, and despite the fact that I'm supposed to have the first five pages of my thesis paper written for Friday, I was struck with the desire to write this. You know how it is, the more work you have to do, the more you want to just around with other nonrelated things. Well, I'm pretty happy about this. I had a lot of fun writing it, and am more than thrilled about the fact that I already have over 30 subscribers after having only posting the description lol.

Anyway, this hasn't been proofread yet, and the last section of it probably has more than a few errors since I just drank a couple of smirnoff ices, but I will get on revising it within the next week or so.

As always, subscribe, upvote, but especially comment as it seriously never fails to make even the worst day a million times better when I read the wonderful things that you guys have to say. I love each and every one of you.

And if you haven't read the Hunhan version of this, (or its prequel) I highly recommend that you do because they are pretty much hilarious, at least in my humble opinion. But, if Hunhan is not your thing, no big deal, you don't need it to understand this fic.