Final

I wouldn't mind

Merrily we fall
Out of line, out of line
I’d fall anywhere with you
I’m by your side

"Why is she with him?"
"He could do so much better."
"I bet she's only with him for his money."
"Stop it! Don't say those things! She's mine because I want her. Don't talk bad about her again."
Kris says as he pulls me closer. Then he whispers in my ear: "I'm by your side."

 

Swinging in the rain
Humming melodies
We're not going anywhere until we freeze

"I told you not to listen to them! You are worth so much more to me!" Kris says as he finds me in the bathroom, crying until my eyes are sore. He pulls me close to him but I push him away.
"I'm sorry Yifan. I can't do this anymore." I start crying again as I tear out of his grip and out of the house. As soon as I step outside, I get drenched. Looks like the weather feels the same as I do. Then, as I am walking in the storm, a warm presence wraps around me and hugs me. I immediately recognize it as Yifan. He leans down to my ear and quietly hums our song. I start crying in his shoulder as we sway to the beat of his heart, and the rhythm of the melody he hums.

 

 

I’m not afraid, anymore
I’m not afraid

We walk down the street hand in hand, our bond renewed. I am no longer afraid of what other people might think or say. Nothing will stop me from loving him and until the day he ends it, I will never give up.

 

 

Forever is a long time
But I wouldn't mind spending it by your side

He takes me to a small empty park and to a gazebo to rest. I sit down and then I see him getting down on one knee.
"Forever is a long time, but I would love to spend every waking and sleeping moment with you. Will you marry me?"
Then, a have the biggest smile on my face as I hug him and say with confidence :
" I would love to."
We hug, his tall frame wrapping around my smaller one. Then, he lifts my head up and kisses me.

 

 

Carefully we're placed for our destiny
You came and you took this heart, and set it free
Every word you write or sing is so warm to me, so warm to me

Yifan has been going through a rough time lately. We decided to put off the actual wedding until everything settles down. He just left his band and is trying to win a law suit against his former company. I fully support him and I reminisce about all the times he fully supported me. He was always by my side, even when I was ready to give up. I have to take care if him even more now because he has been diagnosed with myocarditis. The doctor said the case was minor and he prescribed antibiotics as to the cause of the disease. Shortly after the lawsuit was solved, we moved to China together and rented apartments in the same building. He's been getting better, and he even wrote a song that he sings for me. I always feel warm inside when he does. It gives me strength to move on.

 


I’m torn, I’m torn to be right where you are


He published the song he wrote for me. He has to travel a bit now. But he always makes sure that we get to see each other in some way every day.

 

 

Forever is a long time
But I wouldn't mind spending it by your side
Tell me everyday I get to wake up to that smile
I wouldn't mind it at all
I wouldn't mind it at all

He finally was able to spend time with me this weekend. He promised me we would get married soon and that he couldn't wait until the day he gets to see me every morning before he goes to work.

 

 

You so know me
Pinch me gently
I can hardly breathe

We lie together on the couch as we watch one of the newest movies. It was really fun and we laughed a lot. It was nice to see him relax and not worry about everything that goes on. He holds my face in his hands as we kiss again. He is passionate, putting everything we have been through into one kiss. After we break, I smile at him and he smiles back. Then I lean up, and bring him into the neverending spiral of a kiss.

 

 

Forever is a long, long time
But I wouldn't mind spending it by your side
Tell me everyday I get to wake up to that smile
I wouldn't mind it at all
I wouldn't mind it at all

I have a big smile on my face as I walk down the aisle, arm in arm with my father. He leads me to Yifan, and blesses our marriage. We listen closely as the speaker begins his speech. At the end of it, we say our vows, and he kisses me. Yes, forever is a long time, but I wouldn't mind spending it by his side, till death do us part.