Maybe just maybe in another life time

Maybe just maybe in a another life time

Maybe just maybe in another life time

 
-No one's pov 
 
Success could be achieved if one devote themselves to it. However, the price to pay was sometimes too high to pay but we ended up doing so anyways. But sometimes fate gets in the way. 
 
He walks the lonely road in solitary silence, mindlessly, wondering when did everything become so disorganized. However, whether it's his subconscious state of mind or his heart he ended up standing infront of her apartment, located approximately 20 minutes away from his company but devastatingly too far away from his heart. 
 
He looks up at the tall building and found her apartment from her slender silhouette shining through her cream curtain. 
 
The night, pitch black; no moon and no stars. 
 
He walks slightly back towards the cold lonely street lamp, one that glows ever so dimly. He sees her figure twirling in delight when a more structured figure suddenly appeared, their shadows intertwined as they dance joyfully into the night. 
 
He think about their break up. It was of mutual understanding. He had service to do and even if he was selfish he could never in a billion years be selfish enough to make her wait for him to return. Could never be selfish enough to make her put her life on hold for him. He couldn't be selfish with her, period. He wanted to though, and god knows he desperately wanted to be that kind of guy but no matter how hard he tried he couldn't bring himself to do so. 
 
He had told her that he loves her and would come back to her once his service is completed but over the years she moved on and there wasn't a thing he could do about it. He couldn't fault her for it because he knew better, it's in her right to do so. He wanted to shout, to scream, to rebel and lease out his growing anger to the world for this tugging pain in his heart everytime he remembers that she isn't with him anymore. 
 
He didn't know how longed he had stay outside of her apartment and how he got back to his cold empty apartment but that's what he did. He skipped dinner and showering all together and lays in bed. Between the white sheets he seeks and expects to find warmth and comfort but hours past and no warmth or comfort could be found. He misses her. There wasn't a day when he didn't think of her. Scratch that, there wasn't a minute where the image of her didn't linger in the back of his mind. 
 
He's now one of the world most desired man according to Forbes magazine. He made a name for himself, with his brains and good looks he left the entertainment field and had raised and acclaim the brutal business life. But all he wanted was her. 
 
Over the next few years he pushed himself with work, never giving a minute to himself in fear of losing himself in thoughts of her. What he didn't realize was that his worst nightmare became his reality when she was announced to be 3 months pregnant and married to some other guy, carrying a beautiful baby that wasn't his and that day had to be one where he was titled to be the king of the business field. His supposedly happiest day of his working life held the irony of being his saddest time. A complete contradiction, even to his mind. 
 
The next day he sent her a basket filled with her favorite flowers, baby toys and a congratulation card. Later that afternoon he walks to a coffee shop across the road from his company to eat something when a soft figure bumps into him. 
 
"Oh I'm so sorry I wasn't looking where I was going." The girl says. 
 
"It's alright, though are you hurt?" He asks. 
 
"No no I'm fine thanks. Umm I'm sorry if I sound rude but are you Lee Seung Gi? The most desired man just in his 30s?" She asks. 
 
He looks into her doe like eyes and was instantly captivated by her soul catching brown eyes. Something in the back of his mind told him that she is his savior. But nevertheless he was amused by her description of him. 
"Yes that's me." He answers and with the most genuine smile plastering his face in 3 years. 
 
But before he could get a name from her, she gave him her apology again and left the coffee shop in such a rush that he couldn't and well wasn't able to tell her that she had dropped her wallet when she bumped into him. 
 
He picks it up and smiled at the sight of her ID card. 'She's cute' he muses to himself. 
He would call her later and tell her that she dropped her wallet in the coffee shop and he has it with him then they would arrange a place and time to meet up so that he can give it back to her. But in the meantime he has to make a quick stop to the flower shop. 
 
He orders a pink carnation and a zinnia flower, a stem each once he got to the flower shop. He thanked the store owner and walks to her apartment and like always he stood under the lonely street lamp that was placed further away from the other lamps. He looks up and sees her figure and her husband's figure hugging lovingly and he genuinely smiled. He felt happy for them to have found their happiness. He turned around to face the lamp post and attached the two flower stems onto each side of the lamp using the little bits of tape from the flower wrappings. 
 
The pink carnation represents gratitude, he felt great full towards her for teaching him how to love and its meanings, and as for the zinnia that represents his thoughts towards her are now no more than friendship, nothing more. He smile in relief. 
 
Now it's time for him to heal and move on. He reached for his phone and dialed the woman's number whose wallet is still with him. 
 
"Hello?" Her soft voice calls out. 
 
"Yes hi, are you Im Yoona?" He asks with a smile, of course she is, he had checked her ID card. 
 
"Yes I am but who's asking, may I ask?" She says. He bits back a laugh at her adorable formality. 
 
"This is Lee Seung Gi, the guy you bumped into today in the coffee shop. I'm calling because you dropped your wallet when you bumped into me and left so quickly." He tells her. 
 
"Oh my god, I thought I lost it, umm thank you. Let's meet at the coffee shop in 15 minutes okay?" She arranged. 
 
"Of course I'll see you there then." He agrees not caring that he had mountains of paper work to sign off. 
 
Without looking at her apartment again he walks away, and his foot never felt so light. 
 
"Good bye Suzy. I wish you well, friend." He whispers in the back of his mind. 
 
"Thank you for bringing it back for me. I was so scared I had to redo my drivers test to get a new license, I'm not a very good driver." Yoona-ssi tells him. He smiles as she keeps thanking him. 
 
"That's okay, really. It was only the right thing to do." He tells her. 
 
"I still feel thankful so is there anything you want in return for saving my drivers license?" She asks. 
 
"Well... Have dinner with me, I'm tired of eating alone in my office and I would like to get to know you more as friends. Of course if you are not busy that is." He tells her with a wide grin. 
 
"No I'm not busy, my company can run itself for a few hours and I'd like that." With that they walked side by side, hands swinging in unison but not touching. 
On the way to a restaurant down the street they talked about their business and he found how alike they were with a few differences. She recently moved on and had buried the hatchet from her past relationship, threw herself into polishing her fashion line and branching out globally just months ago. She likes cooking, so did he. They gradually talked about themselves as individuals rather than their front holds. Throughout the entire meal, they did nothing but laughed and enjoyed each other's company to the fullest. 
 
They both healed. 
 
-2 years later
 
"I love you, oppa." She whispers into his ears before planting a small kiss on the corner of his lips as she stands on the tip of her toes. Her hands wrapped around his neck and s into his messy bed hair. 
 
"And I love you, my darling wife." He tells her, hugging her close to him and only pulling back slightly to kiss her forehead. He had never felt such joy and happiness in his entire life like this, like now when he's with her. 
 
His yoona in his arms, wearing nothing but his shirt and a diamond ring that signifies their love for one another and their promise of forever to each other. He loves her soft sweet scented brown hair, her heart melting chocolate brown eyes, her breathtaking smile and most importantly he loves her. Everything about her is simply amazing to him. She never failed to overwhelm his senses when he's with her, if she was a drug he would be high on life forever. 'Forever just isn't long enough.' He thinks. 
 
They fought like all couples do, but they always found a way back into each other's embrace by the end of the day. 
 
Standing in their beach house in Long Beach California, with him wearing only black sleep pants and her a white long sleeve sweater, they couldn't wait to start their first day of this honeymoon period. Their family and friends had agreed to looked after their respective businesses while they enjoy 3 weeks worth of vacation together. 
 
He dips her like they were dancing only to kiss her passionately on her already swollen lips from the night before. He quickly and swiftly carried her in bridal style towards their bedroom as with breakfast out of the way, their possibility are endless. 
 
In the back of their minds they think back to their past courtship and thanked heaven for ending the relationship for then if it hadn't ended they would have never met and would have never been this happy. 
 
'Maybe just maybe in another life time." They think, but for now, in this life time they wanted and needed no one but each other. 
 
The end.