Final

Beautiful Lie

The atmosphere was incredibly tense after the fight. Clothes were torn. Glass shattered. Trust broken. Two people sat across the room; one had hair as white as snow and the other had hair as dark as a raven.

Taekwoon sat hunched over on the couch with his head in his hands. His perfectly waved black hair was in tangles. The long black shirt that hung loosely around his body was crinkled. His hands quivered and he breathed softly. The harsh words from before still replayed in his mind.

Let's break up.
Stop acting so foolish. 
You brought this upon yourself! 
I don't love you!

Wonshik leaned against the cool wall on the floor of the apartment. His skin tingled at the cold sensation. He wore nothing but tight white jeans tainted with stains. He stared aimlessly at the floor with his legs spread a part. The innocent words for before still replayed in his mind. 

What do you mean?
I'm sorry. 
What did I do wrong?
Wonshik..

Wonshik bowed his head in shame. This was all his fault. If he wasn't such a coward then things like this would never happen. After all these years, he finally made those mysterious, dark eyes cry woeful tears. He never meant for any of this to happen. Wonshik just couldn't stop lying. It was his addiction. But Taekwoon couldn't stop believing those lies. 

Taekwoon slowly glanced over at Wonshik. The latter continued to stare at the ground. How did such venomous words escape those pure lips? The lips he once kissed and savoured. The lips which made his heart skip a beat. The lips which tempted him. 

Everything was quiet. Both Taekwoon and Wonshik wanted to say something, but neither could bring themselves to. The dead silence made everything worse. Taekwoon was hurt and thought that Wonshik was angry. Wonshik was annoyed with himself for hurting Taekwoon. 

Why couldn't they just talk this out? Why couldn't it be like the old days?

What even triggered this horrible account?

Why did you lie? 

Because it's easier than telling the truth.  

Taekwoon knew he had to say something. He couldn't stand the silence. 

"All these years... you've been lying to me. Why?" Taekwoon spoke in almost a whisper. His husky voice echoed across the room. Wonshik sighed deeply before standing up and slowly ambling towards the older man. Wonshik crouched in front of Taekwoon, keeping his distance.

"Taekwoon.. the truth hurts..." Wonshik could barely look at Taekwoon in the eyes. The raven haired boy had started tearing up since he began talking. Wonshik couldn't bare to see him cry. 

Taekwoon sat back and sniffled. He wiped his eyes with his bare fingers and sighed softly. He looked Wonshik straight in the eyes which surprised the later. Taekwoon's eyes were dark but glimmered slightly from his tears. 

"Then lie to me, one last time." Wonshik was lost for words. He could tell the truth or lie. Wonshik bowed his head to think. The blond sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. After all these years of being together, seeing one another laugh, cry, and sing, Wonshik lost track of how much he actually loved Taekwoon. But he realised his feelings never really faltered. 

When he finally looked up at Taekwoon the elder almost smiled. Wonshik looked so innocent, so pure. The exact opposite of what he actually was. 

Would he tell the truth or lie?

 


"I never loved you." 

A single tear fell from Taekwoon's eye. He closed his eyes and furrowed his brows. Wonshik's chest ached. Taekwoon didn't know if he lied or if he told the truth. Only Wonshik would know. 

As he wiped the tears from his eyes Taekwoon sniffled. He finally looked down at Wonshik with a straight face. 

In one swift move, Taekwoon embraced Wonshik whole heartedly. His arms wrapped around Wonshik like a blanket and he nuzzled into the crook of Wonshik's neck. Wonshik could feel Taekwoon's gentle breathing. His warm cheeks heated up Wonshik's frozen skin. 

The blond smiled weakly and wrapped his arms around Taekwoon's waist. Wonshik nuzzled into Taekwoon's silky hair. 

In the smallest voice, Taekwoon spoke.

"What a beautiful lie.."