I... like you

Please accept me

Woohyun looked at himself on the mirror one last time, sighing when he saw that his hair wasn't anywhere near to being perfect.

"Seriously, how much time are you going to take? First you say that there's something we need to discuss but you refuse to tell me until we go somewhere you also refuse to tell me and then you take ages getting ready. Gosh just hurry up it looks like you're going on a date." Sunggyu said from the couch, getting a 'yeah yeah just a second' from the blonde boy. It looked like it would take forever and he was not in the mood for waiting.

His day had been hell. It looked like someone had casted a spell on him or something. First, on his way to work, someone bumped into him and managed to get his white shirt soaked with coffee. As if that wasn't enough, the person just tsk'd him and continued walking. Useless to say Sunggyu could only stare, speechless.

If that had been everything, then it would have been okay. But no, someone had to be hating him because two of his co-workers were sick and Sunggyu had to do his work, plus their. But that's okay, he's a calm person, he wouldn't get upset over it. He would do everything he had to do and go home.

That's when Woohyun decided to call him.

"Hyung!! You're free tonight right? We have something we need to talk about and it's really important. So pick me up at 7?" Sunggyu groaned. It was the worse thing that could happen in that moment. He had tones of things to do after work, but who could refuse Woohyun? Not when Sunggyu knew that the latter wouldn't stop complaining for the whole week, and there was no way he would put up with that, even though it was somehow adorable.

"Fine. Where are we going?" He heard a small sigh from the other side. "I can't hyung. Just, don't be late!!" And with that, he hung up.

--

Hours later Sunggyu finally finished his work and was ready to leave when his boss came running into the office and it looked like he had seen a ghost. Oh no.

"Ah! Mr. Kim! I was looking for you. Have you perhaps finished the report I asked you for last week?" He was looking everywhere like a maniac. "Uh yes sir, I sent it to you 10 minutes ago" Mr. Jang looked at his watch and started running towards his office once again without saying anything.

"Okay then.." Sunggyu said with a confused expression. His boss could be weird sometimes but he was really nice, so Sunggyu didn't mind. He then looked at his own watch and his eyes widdened. He's going to kill me.

--

Woohyun heard soft knock on the door and a smile automatically appeared on his face. He walked ( more like ran ) to the door and opened it. "What took you so long?" Woohyun pouted. Oh god not his. "Relax it's only 7.20. Besides, you're still on your pajammas. Are you going like that?" Woohyun rubbed the back of his neck shyly and turned around, going to his bedroom. "I fell asleep okay.. I took a bath and saw it was still early so I laid down and the tv. I accidently fell asleep. I'll hurry up don't worry!"  At least that's what he said.

20 minutes later and they were still in Woohyun's house. After 10 minutes waiting, Sunggyu decided to just sit down and watch tv, which Woohyun found slightly offensive. He wasn't going to take much longer getting ready. Yeah right.

--

"Would you please hurry up? We're going to be la-"

"And whose fault is that?" Sunggyu replied. Seriously, this kid ( who happened to be only 2 years younger than him ) took 30 minutes to get ready and still had the balls to say that.

"I know I took some time but you were late too!! And I specifically asked you to be there on time! I told you it was important!" he then turned his head to the window of the car and sighed.

The rest of the ride was quiet except for the few times Woohyun gave Sunggyu directions. This wasn't exactly going as planned, but he believed it would get better. It had to, or it would be the end of Woohyun's life. Or at least that's what he thought.

When they arrived Sunggyu looked around, mouth open in awe. They were at the park where they met, except it didn't look the same. There were colourful lights everywhere, that made the dark night seem comfy and warm.

"Come with me" Woohyun said shyly and walked towards the small bench where it all began. Sunggyu, confused with everything, followed his friend and sat next to him.

"Woo what's all this? It's weird what-" Woohyun looked at him with a slightly hurt look and that was all it took Sunggyu to shut up.

It looked like he was trying hard to gather courage to say something, it was making Sunggyu worried. Woohyun isn't usually like this, and that's saying something. They had been friends for years and you could say they were best friends. There was nothing they didn't know about each other.

After a couple of minutes, Woohyun looked at Sunggyu's face and let out a big breath he had been holding.
"Hyung." It was almost a whisper, but it made Sunggyu look at him with slightly curious eyes. If he was this nervous, it must be something important.

"Please don't interrupt, listen until the end." He then cleared his throat and began talking. "I don't know if you remember this place, but I think you should know it is really important to me. I remember everything. It was the 24th of December, late at night. There was snow and lights everywhere, and it was so pretty. I remember that I was looking for something to give to my parents, since I still lived with them. Well, you know that, I was only 18. Anyway, I couldn't find anything and I was getting desperate. And that's when I saw you, struggling with your bags because they were too heavy." He stopped for a moment and smilled, seeing that his friend was getting slightly shy due to the story.

"And that's when... it happened. You were giving presents to children, it started snowing. Do you remember what you were wearing? A warm black coat with black jeans. The snow contrasted with your outfit so much, yet you looked like an angel.." He looked down, getting embarrassed for what he was going to say next.

"I was.. speechless. You looked at me and smiled, what made me trip and fall. Do you remember? I looked like an idiot. Well, I still do to be honest" He smiled a bit when he heard Sunggyu laughing. "I tried to talk with you and you looked so nice.. I couldn't help.. feeling something for you. Then, we continued speaking through our cellphones and we became best friends. I can't tell you how happy I was. It was like a dream you know?" He paused once again, taking a deep breath.

"What I'm trying to say is... I've liked you since we met hyung. A-And I know! I know it's not.. You don't.. You probably don't like guys right? I-I'm weird right? But, I just couldn't take it anymore, not when you're so physical with me and hug me, touch me, pet my head basically every day. And I just.. I felt so sad when you wouldn't notice how shy I would get, or how I would blush. That made me wake up and realize that you didn't feel that way for me and-"

"Stop." Sunggyu sighed, smilling slightly. "Woohyun-ah do you really think I didn't notice it? I mean, not even the most oblivious person could miss the way you would jump a little when I touched you or the way you would look at me with wide eyes when I petted your head." Woohyun lowered his head again, only to lift it slowly when Sunggyu put his hand on his head.

 "I like you Woo. More than you think. That day, when I saw you staring at me, you looked so perfect. The way the lights made you shine amazed me. When you triped I couldn't help but smile widely, you were too cute. I had to make sure we continued talking to each other. I was scared.. I knew you liked me, but I couldn't quite understand why. I thought that maybe it was just a crush and you would forget about me. But you didn't.."

What happened next? Well, that's a secret only they know, something they will forever treasure. They shared their first kiss, they're first time with each other. Even years later, with 3 children, they couldn't spend a day without each other, and without the other's 'I love you'.