Ballad's Melody

A Balladeer's Tears [EXO Lay fanfic]

"Thanks for your hard work!" I sneaked on my phone seeing a lots of missed calls from her, I was totally drawn to our practice knowing that our comeback is getting nearer. I'm totally doomed right now, knowing it's our first anniversary as a couple dating. I should have noticed her in advance that we would be late, so that's why the guys do always looked at me worried. How can I forget about it!
"Hyung, I think you can still catch up." As Chanyeol tried to cheer me up.
"I hope so, see you guys later I have to go first. " As I went immediately to the parking lot and hopped on my car. Suddenly I hear my phone rang knowing that it was her calling so I immediately answered her call knowing that I let her wait me for almost 4 hours. To thought of it was almost 1 am!
"Da Hae-ya! I'm really sorry I wasn't able to notify you ahead about our overtime practice for our comeback. I'm really really sorry, don't worry I'll be there as soon as possible! Arasseo?!" Her line was pretty silent, it seems she's mad at me.
"Ani, kwenchana. I just want to say Happy Anniversary, baby! You know how much I really really love you. Don't worry I understand." It seems she already fell asleep waiting for me, it's inevitable, I hopelessly waited her for hours. But still hearing her voice do truly sooth me.
"I really really love you, too baby! I'll try to patch up things between us okay? I'll be there in a minute, okay?" Then suddenly her line hanged up.  Thinking about her, I can't help myself but to speed out so I can still catch up. Until a brim of light blinded me until I lost control with the vehicle I'm driving. No! It can't be! This can't be happening, I do still have to see Da Ae.

All I can remember is myself getting involved into a car accident. I can't barely feel my body as if it was totally numb, wait?! How about my Da Ae? I can't let myself to put up into this state?!
"Lay." That soothing voice I know it's my Da Ae's voice!
"Da Ae?!" As I saw her sitting beside me, until I found myself we're at the park, the park where we first met. The exact place where I saved her from those erts who kept on following her.
"Now, what's with that shocked face? Do I look spooky? Or beautiful? Hey speak up, my forgetful agi!!!" As she flashed her mischievous grin, she may be beagle but I don't know why I fell so bad to her. I can't help myself but to hug her.
"I'm sorry for everything, baby. I'm really really sorry. " she hugged me back and ruffled my hair as if she's calming a cry baby.
"Kwenchana, you know I always love you right? I can't help myself but to forgive you every single thing. " She beamed up her angelic smile...
"I love you very much Da Hae! God knows how much I love you. " She suddenly broke up hugging me.
"I want you to prove it to me."
"Anything just for you. "
"Stay healthy, and... "
"I will baby, I have to for our future! " If she only knew that my world revolves around her, I knew she's the one I've been waiting for. I have to since I have to propose to her after I'll be freed up to this stuffs I have!
"I know you will and I want you to be strong to keep on living. "
"What's with those drama, Da Hae? Of course, I have to for our future family. " whenever I act like this she can't help herself but to laugh at me.
"Indeed, I was so blessed enough to have you in my life, Yi Xing." As she pressed immediately her soft lips into mine, it took almost a seconds until she removed away her lips from me. As I opened up my eyes, the place suddenly got blurry until.

"Hyung!!! Finally!" Wait? My mind was buffing at the moment, I can feel my body is totally weak as if I was bed ridden for centuries.
"Ch-chanyeol?"
"Yi Xing! We are so damn worried to you! You haven't wake up for almost 2 weeks." As Suho went near to my bed so damn worried like a mom. So I was out for almost 2 weeks?!
"Wait guys? Where is Da Hae?" And they went all silent as if they are avoiding my questionable gazes at them.
"I'm so jealous of Da Hae." As Baekhyun tried to kill up the dead air.
"Aren't you happy to see us? " As Sehun tried to put up some aegyo.
"Seriously guys? Isn't too way obvious that I'm so happy to see you guys? "
"Jinjja?! Guys let have group hug? " As all of the boys did surround me and gave me a group hug. It seems I also owe a lot to this guys, probably knowing that postponing our comeback because of me.
"I'm sorry guys if this happened to me. "
"It's okay, hyung. More important is that you're already okay, we can still make it up. " As Kyungsoo smiled at me, still I can't help it but get worried about Da Ae.

After I was out in the hospital, I keep on sending text messages to her, our manager no longer didn't have of a chance to visit her since we have to patch up stuffs for our comeback because of me. I can't decline knowing that it was indeed my fault.

As I do my very best for me to visit her, I do always have this feeling of wanted to see her so badly.  Thinking that I just miss her so badly.
"Guys! I'm leaving first." as we're done of our practice.
"But, hyung. You're driving?" As Chen retorted, I can't blame him for acting like that knowing that I just got into an accident.
"Kwenchana, I promise I'll be careful. " As I tried to convince them but looking at their faces it seems they wouldn't allowed me.
"But, hyung, you should know... "
"Okay, I'll grab ahjussi with me just to drive me there. Guys I have to meet her first. " As I tried to cut off Chanyeol and totally left the building in a hurry.

Chanyeol's POV
"What should we do? Arghh! I didn't expect that it would be this tough." As I Suho-hyung can't bear to see Yi Xing-hyung act like that.
"Hyung, I think we have to let this thing happened. We can't stop him. " the room remained silent as we do truly feel bad and pity to Yi Xing-hyung, we just don't have the guts to tell him seeing his smiling face and such expectation she'll see her once again. I feel bad for him, the woman he dearly loved had already left him.
"Manager-hyung will catch up with you, Yeol." As I caught Baekhyun's voice.
"I'll go with him." As Xiumin-hyung volunteered to go with me, knowing we can calm down Yi Xing-hyung in case if he'll broke down.

Yi Xing's POV

Ahjussi pulled over near Da Ae's house, I can't also pull over my excitement to see her. As I noticed her home, it was a little dim and dark, maybe she already fell asleep since it's already pass 12am. Then I decided to stay here tonight, I have also the spare keys of her house so I can easily barge in to her home to surprise her. I brought her favorite caramel mousse cake and a bouquet of irises. She really loves irises. Upon opening the door, I can't help myself but to wonder why her house is at mess, as I explore the kitchen I noticed some balloons and some blood stains at the table noticing a two plates perfectly set. I can't help myself but to break down and shocked. No, it can't be.

"Hyung!" I know it's Chanyeol's voice but I do still don't bother to look at him, I was trying to absorb stuffs that I don't want to know.
"Yi Xing, please listen to us. Da Ae is no longer..."
"No?! No? I'm pretty sure she left me because she can't take it anymore? Am I right, Min Seok?"
"Yi Xing, please!"
"No? It's impossible? It's way to impossible that she'll be harmed right? I-i'm sure of it." Tears suddenly break down.
"Hyung, Da Ae is no longer here. She's already... dead. "
"No? No?"
"She was found dead on your anniversary day, the exact day that you got into an accident." I can't still let those stuffs sunk in to my brain.
"No way, no it can't be?"

Flashback
Someone's P.O.V.
"Now! Everything is served!" As she giddily went to the living room to wait for her boyfriend. Reminiscing how they first met makes her smile. She's indeed bless to meet a guy like Yi Xing. She's excited to celebrate their first year of being in a relationship. They bravely faced the ups and downs of their relationship, and her being so considerate and patient to him knowing that he's an idol.
"Owo… good thing I already asked Chen about their overtime practice. That guy is indeed always out of this world. How weird I fell in love to to him? " As she can't help but to smile remembering how forgetful Yi Xing is. It's almost past 11 o'clock in the evening and she's still fervently waiting for him. She's been hearing strange noises at her home thinking it was a mere stray cat passing by. She's not a scardy cat enough to get scared of ghosts as a matter of fact she's a fan of horror movies. Until she heard someone's clacking at the back door, her extinct said that it's nothing something normal. She turned the television volume up and tried to divert her mind that everything is gonna be okay. Ever since she met Yi Xing from those stalkers her life was remained secure. Yes, since high school she's been receiving weird stuffs or being secretly followed or even peeked onto by those erts. She's undeniably beautiful and gorgeous in some ways, so it's pretty inevitable that there would be a lots of boys who'll pursue her, and harassment doesn't matter to them.
She turned all the lights and went up to her room to locked herself in she's unconsciously getting scared wishing that it would be her boyfriend playing a prank on her but it's impossible. Her boyfriend knew how scared and traumatize she is about stuffs like that. Too late she noticed her window remained open.
"Hi there sweetie." As a guy whose also in her age appeared.
"W-wawait… " she's now trembling with fear.
"Too sad your boyfriend will be late, hmmm? Mind to surprise you?"
"P-pl…please Jae Kyung… please no. I'm begging you."
"Oh, I really want to see you begging. It would be a pleasure to be begged by goddess like you." As he slowly caressed her face, yes she knew some of her stalkers and one of them is her ex boyfriend, they've been classmate since kindergarten and undeniably he do have this hidden lustful thought towards her. They broke up when he tried to ually harassed her during their field trip during their senior year. He's a maniac.

"Call my name once again, you know how much I miss you since you reported me to the school. I think this is love sick? "
"Please if only you're not like that I'm probably... "
"Oh yeah, my bad? Well, too bad it seems you already forgot about me."
"Please just get a life Jae Kyung, you're wasting your time and life to me." As she tried to be brave. Jae Kyung is now a major stockholder to the company she's working at he may be good looking and she can't deny the fact that she used to have a crush to him which she didn't thought a monster.
"That won't do. No way?! " as he pinned her to her bed. Her tears starts to flow endlessly, she's truly scared.
"What a lucky bastard, you smell so good, so addictive." As he leaned closer to her. She grabbed her chance to kick his sensitive part of his body and hurriedly ran away to her room she was almost near the door at the kitchen until someone furiously grabbed her wrist.
"That was a pretty cocky move sweetie."
"Please let me go. " As she begged with her crooked voice.
"No no no no, we have to celebrate our anniversary too." He began to kiss her furiously looking for an opening while his other free hand freely roamed to her body.
"You're still hot and y." She can't help but to cry trying to stop herself sobbing.
"Hush sweetie, don't get scared." He wildly tore off her clothes as if he's a hungry predator leaving her with her undergarments only.
"Please stop!"
"Oh, feeling cold? Let me warm you then. " Then his mouth explored every part of her body.
"Oh !!! You never failed to arouse me sweetie." As he whisper it to her ear full with lust. Then her ear down to her s. She's crying like a kid the force she wanted so badly didn't respond as if her body was all remained numb she's totally defenseless. He removed her underwear and hungrily enjoyed his meal. Until his manhood was about to enter her she tried to push her with her remaining force.
"Oh not now sweetie." Until she managed to grab something out from no where then she hit him on his head she saw blood as he was completely unconscious due to the impact.

She quickly covered her body with the clothes she found at her bathroom then she searched for her phone to call for help. After calling the police she was about to go outside and decided not to inform her busy boyfriend of her current situation.
"I hate it when you're going to call your boyfriend. " As she saw Jae Kyung at her back.
"And you acting like that is getting on my nerves. " As she noticed him holding a gun with a silencer.
"This stuff is just to threaten you, no worries I won't kill you."
"You're out of your mind, Jae Kyung!"
"It's all because of you, you !!!" As he pointed the gun to her. She's already prepared of what might possibly happened.
"No that won't do! I won't let this gun killed you. No way!" Then he accidentally pulled the trigger leaving a shot to Da Ae. Pain reigns in her body as she saw blood on her left chest.
"! I didn't mean it Da Ae! I didn't mean it! ! I didn't..." and he ran away. She picked her phone and dialled Yi Xing's number, but too bad no answer from him, she never stopped flooding messages to him and leaving missed calls to him. She apply pressure to her wound to stop the blood from flowing. But it seems her vital organ was hit remaining a large damage to her.
After those attempts of calling him he then finally answered.

"Da Hae-ya! I'm really sorry I wasn't able to notify you ahead about our overtime practice for our comeback. I'm really really sorry, don't worry I'll be there as soon as possible! Arasseo?!" She can't help but to cry.
"Ani, kwenchana. I just want to say Happy Anniversary, baby! You know how much I really really love you. Don't worry I understand."
"I really really love you, too baby! I'll try to patch up things between us okay? I'll be there in a minute, okay?" And he hanged up the call her knowing that her boyfriend is on his way here.
"Jagi, please take care of yourself. " until her vision was totally blocked out.

 

-----end------