C H A P T E R O N E

The Days After The World Ended
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 1

 

    "Hey, did you hear about what happened in the subway?" The tall male collapsed onto a blue futon in their dormitory, head hanging over the edge as he faced his roommate. His fringe lifted up slightly, revealing his sweat-drenched forehead. 

    "No. Did you hear about deodorant?" The other replied coldly. His face twisted in disgust after catching a scent. He was currently hunched over his textbook at their shared desk, circular wire glasses perched on his nose as he distractedly tapped his fountain pen against his temple. He feigned interest in his textbook, uselessly flipping through the thin pages in hopes that his annoying roommate would give up and move his focus onto something else. 

    Their dorm was as organized as one would expect of two college students with no supervision. Organized, however, meaning not organized at all. There were several comic books mixed with textbooks and binders strewn across the ground. The bunkbed was just as messy, linen in a pile at the foot of the mattresses and dirty clothes occupying just as much free space as there was. Neither of them seemed bothered much by the state of their shared space. 

    "Namjoon, it's serious this time-" Seokjin whined and rolled over onto his stomach. "I can't believe you haven't even heard about it yet. Being a communications major and all..." he stated smartly. 

    "I don't have time to keep up with the news. I told you this already." Namjoon's voice still showed no evidence of concern in Seokjin's story. 

    "Well," he went on despite, "There was this dude who bit off this other dude's arm on Line 3 of the subway. Like right by Apgujeong. They had to stop the train and everything. I heard that he died but they didn't show that part on the video."

    "Video?" At this point, Namjoon was fairly interested in the news. It wasn't like the other useless tales Seokjin would get so hyped about. He at least bothered to inquire more about the story. 

    "Yeah, it was on Facebook. I heard it was fake but I don't know, it looks pretty real to me. You can't fake like that." A beep interrupted Seokjin's sentence and he quickly rolled off of the futon.  "Oh, crap, I almost forgot about my pizza. Did you eat?"

    "I'm not hungry." Namjoon shortly replied. His mind was too focused on the shocking news. His roommate's words echoed. Did it really happen? How could a normal human being have the strength to rip off another's arm? Let alone, with their mouth? Unless, of course, they weren't normal. Plus, with the source being Seokjin, there was no way it was to be 100% true. He must've twisted the story in some way or another.

    Namjoon decided to take matters into his own hands and pulled his laptop closer. 
   

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||


    A couple of days passed by and the r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter