I Remember

Yesterday, ToDae, Tomorrow, Forever

This was an anonymous prompt on Tumblr to write ToDae off Drake's meme single Hotline Bling. Unrequited Todae written in TOP's POV after he's returned from military service. Please enjoy ^^


Your smile. I remember when I would walk into the room and as soon as you laid eyes upon me, your eyes would disappear and your lips would curl and part to reveal your beautiful pearly whites. I always loved that sight and I still do, but I’m no longer the reason for that smile. Hell I can’t even get you to look in my direction and if you do, those once happy eyes have been replaced with sadness and disdain. I hate it.

You always have your phone in your hand these days, I can only wonder if all those pictures we took together are still somewhere in your files. Maybe you’re staring at a picture of us right now but that’s only wishful thinking, you’d probably want to burn every single photo and wipe every memory we shared. For all I know it’s another person that suits your fancy, but that’s a thought I would rather not have.

I had been wrong to think we were anything more than just close friends but the way you held my hand, the way we laughed together; I felt complete as if we were two halves of a whole. There were days you were in an emotional rut and you’d always sneak into my room even on tour just to cuddle and visa versa. Unfortunately, those days are over now.

I pined after you for years. Almost 7 years. I only ever had you once just a mere couple years ago before taking my leave, though that may be why you can’t look me in the eye. I couldn’t help I had to go into the military but I was stupid for not claiming you as mine. Maybe that could’ve changed how we are now. Maybe I could make you smile again, not bow your head to avoid my gaze.

I watch as you pick up your mobile device, type something, then place in down in your lap again before repeating the extensive process countless times. It looks like it would get annoying after a while, you should just keep it in your hand if you’re going to use it that much. I can’t help but wonder if its one of the friends you’ve made that the others have informed me about.

I know you’ve always been sensitive about your body, but you know you’re well built and you keep it up so you get praise for your defined muscles. Is that why you have taken after Youngbae and almost disregarded the existence of shirts, or is it to catch the attention of another more than willing to spread their legs for you? It’s too difficult and painful for me to process that you spend your days ultimately finding a new lay. It tears me apart from the seams.

That one chance you gave me has stuck with me. I want to believe you were drunk but with how you steer clear of me, you must remember. I hadn’t mean to say those words in the heat of the moment but how could I not when your eyes told me you felt deeper for me as I felt for you. You hadn’t reciprocated my phrase and you never spoke to me of your own accord after that night other than a hug and goodbye before we parted for my attendance in the military.

I must have just been another lay for you, I thought we had something more. Every night before I fell asleep my mind would wander to you and I would envision our reunion and coming together as a complete pair. I know now it won’t happen and I wish I could tell my heart the same yet it still yearns for you, whether or not you reciprocate my love.