Just the two of us ( against the world )

Just the two of us ( against the world )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just the two of us (against the world)

 

“May I take your order please Miss?” A short hair waitress asked impatiently as she was waiting for a lady in front of her to make an order for more than 10 minutes, and her customer still kept her head duck in the menu, an obviously impatient call gained her customer’s attention, she lowered her menu before titling her head and stared at a tall waitress standing before her in her coffee shop uniform, with her calm face which was opposite from her hurried voice.

“I’ll have hot vanilla delight and lemon mousse” The customer finally made up her mind on her order.

“Let’s me repeat your order, one cup of hot vanilla delight and a piece of lemon mousse” The waitress jotted down the order quickly

“Correct” The customer answered without even looking at the waitress as she was busy texting on her phone.

 “Your order will be served shortly” The waitress forced her smile while releasing her breathe she didn’t realized she was holding and spanned her heels around as soon as possible to reach counter; Eunjung restrained herself from slam the order to the counter with her frustration, a barista smiled at her when he picked up an order from her.

“Always the same order” a young barista read the order then raised his head to look at Eunjung.

“And it takes her forever to order” Eunjung sighed , as she wasted much time waiting her customer but her usual customer always ordered the same things every time she visited.

“I don’t think I’ll ever understand these celebrities” Leeteuk commented as he started making coffee.

“They just have not much to do in their lives and got enough time to waste” Eunjung said as she looked over to a customer sitting a corner who was being mentioned or more like being gossiped about.

Leeteuk just gave off his signature smile at his colleague, a friendly and nice Eunjung who was very positive and patient, always turned grumpy every time this customer turned up, a customer that many other business who be more than glad and thankful if she stepped into their places because it would mean advertising their business without having to pay, as one of the well-known celebrities, Park Hyomin was also known as a spoiled, picky, arrogant rich brat.

Though how annoying she could be, Eunjung and other staff were not in the position to complain as the owner of this café prioritized her as VIP member cause her regular visit earned phenomenon interest from people and the café itself become one of the top ten recommended café in town.

“ Eunjung , her order is ready” Leeteuk snapped Eunjung out of her absent-minded short moment, Eunjung composed herself before taking order and walking to particular hard to deal with customer.

“Here are your order Miss” Eunjung announced her arrival as her customer seemed to be immersed in her phone texting.

“Thanks” Hyomin said shortly while her eyes were fixing on her pink i-Phone. As much Eunjung felt relieved that her regular customer wasn’t so fussy around thing today, she was skeptical through, it wasn’t normal to this Park Hyomin that she would be this easy.

“Please enjoy your coffee” Eunjung added.

 “Oh, thank you Ham Eunjung” Hyomin raised up her head to look at the waitress before resuming what she was doing with her phone. Confused Eunjung just walked off to the counter again.

“Wow, that’s fast, she didn’t have anything to complain” Eunji who was behind counter ready to start her shift began.

“She must be in really good mood today” Leeteuk joined the conversation and looked at Eunjung for any comment but the latter just shrugged her shoulders indicating that she had no comment, she was more than glad that her shift finally ended, she had really long day working her two jobs to survive and all she wanted now was to head back to her small place where she called home.

 

***********************************

“Where are you?”

Silence

“Are you not going to reply me right?”

Silence

“Answer my phone now, where the hell you are?”

Silence

“Do you wanna play a silence game?”

Silence

 “Fine, I hate you”

                                                ***********************************

Hyomin was stepping back and forth as she tried hard to walk up hill-like road leading to small community of residence area, and her high heels weren’t helping as she was tipsy from considerable number of classes of expensive wine, struggling to balance her step and slowly climbed up quite deep steps , a lady in her classy black dress could see her destination not far away, desperate to be there, she quickened her pace, while she was almost reaching there , she stumbled upon her own feet ,losing her balance , Hyomin fell off her heels and down on the ground, she hissed in pain as her flawless knee hit on the hard ground strongly.

“Stupid heels” Hyomin took off her heels and threw them to the side of the road, before getting herself up, as impact sent sharp pain to her knee, Hyomin subsided the pain and continued to walk, eventually she arrived in front of the place where her heart wanted to be , smiling from ear to ear , Hyomin was proud of herself that she made it , upon her arrival, she sent a series of the knock on the door not caring if her knuckle would hurt, as expected after a short moment, the door cracked opened revealing an annoyed sleeping face behind the door, followed by a fierce gaze , it was obvious that the person behind the door wasn’t so pleased to see her in the middle of the night, to be exact 2 am in the morning.

“What are you doing here at this time?” Cold as it was, question wasn’t really a greeting that Hyomin expected.

 “Why didn’t you reply my message?” Hyomin didn’t answer but shot back a question, just like a mirror, no answer was made, only strong gaze between two were exchanged.

“You are so annoying” Hyomin broken the silence and brushed herself past the standing figure into the house, the occupant’s gaze was following the back of intruder, her eyebrow raised upon noticing the intoxicated girl walking bare foot.

 “Where are your shoes?” Eunjung asked with slight enraged tone.

“Who care? ” Hyomin stumbled a bit and clung to the wall for support, before she fell, the girl who just shut the door behind her reached her just in time.  

“Thank you” Hyomin beamed widely as Eunjung shove her waist to prevent her from falling to the floor, Eunjung didn’t response but stared blankly at Hyomin before heaving a long sigh, no matter how hard she tried, she would always ended up giving in to this girl in front of her.

“I’m sorry” Hyomin apologized.

“Don’t be” Eunjung calmly said as she led Hyomin to sofa in the middle of the room and sat her down, and soon as she was seated, Eunjung’s eyes widened.

“What happened?” Eunjung’s voice raised up as she was kneeling down in front of Hyomin, examining her bleeding wound with shaking hand.

“I fell” Hyomin admitted scarily as if a child who was caught by her mom for misbehaving. Eunjung gritted her teeth in frustration, she abruptly got up and it caused the younger girl to jump in fear, she hung her head low looking at her own wound, she knew so well what the silence from the older girl meant.

Eunjung came back shortly with clean towel, soap and warm water before kneeling down in front of Hyomin again.

“Eunjung, are you mad at me?” Hyomin asked softly, Eunjung just shook her head in response, then she started to clean her wound quietly, Hyomin flinched as soap contacted the fresh wound.

“Does it hurt?” Eunjung stopped and asked, Hyomin nodded like a kid.

Eunjung slowly and gently washed away dirt and blood from Hyomin’s knee, the more she washed it the more blood oozing out from broken skin, Eunjung’s heart was wrenching at the sight, she bit her lips to prevent tear from falling down from her eyes but she failed and Hyomin seemed to notice it.

“ Eunjung ah” Hyomin called out softly as she grabbed her girlfriend’s hand to stopped what she was doing, Eunjung lift her head to meet Hyomin’s eyes. Hyomin used her thumb to wipe away Eunjung’s tear away.

“I’m n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter