Say something.

Say something...

"Tonight we are going to a party. I don't want to hear any excuses." Hyomin appeared in front of me and I jumped slightly, not expecting her to come. She sat on one of the chair in the school library, in front of me.

"What?" I mumbled in a low tone, I was so concentrate on the philosophy book that I didn't even understand what she said.

"Jiyeon, tonight we go to a party. At 10p.m. I heard that this is the best party of the year. We can't miss it." she said full with enthusiasm and leaned back on the chair.

"...Ithink i'll pass." I mumbled in a low tone and turned my gaze to the book.

"WHAT?" Hyomin said shocked.

"shhh..." I put a finger on her soft pink lips and whispered "are you crazy? don't scream like that. Yeah, I have to study and then I don't like partys."

"but but but... did you go to a party to say that you don't like it? And then you are the best of the class, you don't need to study. It's only for a few hours. Come ooon~~~" she looked at me with her puppy eyes that could melt everyone's heart.

"I never ever went to a part."

"Then come on! It will be fun." she closed my philosophy book and put her hand on mine, caressing it slightly with her fingertips. My heart stopped for a moment and I felt my cheeks becoming red.

Well... now she could even ask me to jump from the 10th floor's window. I would do it.

"O-okay." i stuttered and Hyomin's lips curved in a big smile, shaping her eyes in an adorable eyesmile.

"I'll pick you up at 9:30 p.m. Don't stay here all the day, school is already over." she said and stood up "I have to go to work now. I'm already late. Adore you." she smiled a last time before rushing out.

"And i love you." i mumbled to no one, watching toward the way where Hyomin disappeare.

 

 

 

_________________________

"wow, you're beautiful." I heard Hyomin sying and I smiled shyly while I was trying to go the little stairs in front of my house down, without falling with those high heels and this tight blue dress.Hyomin came towards me to give me support. My heart beated so fast for her sweet action that I thought it would jump out of me.

"You too..are really beautiful." My husky voice ringed in the hot summer night. Hyomin was wearing a black dress. It was tight, contouring her breath taking curves. Also she was wearing high heels but she could walk on them... not like me.

"Also.. not that you aren't beautiful the other days. You are always beautiful. I mean, yeah.."

What's going on with me? Hyomin, you're the only one who make my brain go insane.

Hyomin laughed heartly at my words and I just slapped myself mentaly.

But then I laughed too.

"You too are always beautiful Jiyeon, just you don't want to see it." she said after we began to walk towards the disco who was only 20 minuts from my home.

I smiled at her words and whispered a "thank you."

Ilooked at her in a moment of silence. But it wasn't an awkward silence. it was an enjoyable one.

Hyomin was looking towards the moon who shined so bright, contouring her facial features. And I was thinking at how i fell in love with her.

Slowly but deep.

Day after Day.

Even if I wasn't popular at school like her.

Even if I was always on my books.

Even if I was awkward and didn't speak that much.

She was always there and we became good friends.

And when I asked her why. Why from all people she chose me to be her friend.

The one who eats with her during the break.

The one who study with her in the free time.

The one wholisten to her problems and can talk with her.

The one who knows her better then anyone else.

....Everytime I ask her... she would answer with  "you remember me the old me."

 

"WAAHH!!!" I was so in my thought that I didn't even notice where I was walking and stumbled with those shoes. I closed my eyes waiting to meet the ground but when I opened them again, I saw Hyomin's face just a few inches from mine. One hand was holding my arm, the other hand was behind my back, holding me firmly. We looked into eachothers eyes. I don't know how long but how I wished the time would stop.

"Y-you should be more careful." Hyomin mumbled and helped me standing firmly on my own.

We continued to walk but my heart was racing so fast and I couldn't but think at the accident happened a few minutes ago. The closeness between us. The way she looked into my eyes. I flushed red and was looking at my feets.

"I-..." Hyomin began, she was acting strange. Insecure. Not like her at all.

"... Jiyeon, I don't want to go to the party anymore.." she mumbled in a low tone, but I could still hear her in the silent street.

"eh?" i looked at her and she stopped her steps. I stopped too. "why? something wrong?" I asked.

"any." she said and smiled slightly. "is it okay for you?" 

"no problem. You know I don't like partys anyway." i giggled to make sure she knows that I was ok with her decision.

"Yeah, but I appreciate that you agreed anyway." Hyomin mumbled and took my hand. "Let's walk, I know a place that you surely will like.

It's not like this is the first time we walk holding hands, put today was different.

Maybe because Hyomin was acting so strange.

Maybe because the night was so beautiful with his clear sky and the shining stars.

Maybe because we were dressed like we were on a date.

I gulped at the tought to go on a date with  her and a grin was on my face now.

"Today... I wanted to confess my feelings to the person I love." she mumbled and the grin I had on my face disappeared in an istant and the grip that I had on her hand loosened a bit, even if shedidn't let go of mine.

So... she is in love. Why didn't she tell me?

 I felt a beng in my heart, it hurted.

And I was sure  that I wasn't the person she was talking about.

Tears were forming in my eyes but I hold them back, not wanting her to know my real feelings.

"really? I didn't even know you were in love." I said trying to sound normal. She glanced at me for a second.

"Yeah... I'm sorry I didn't tell you." she simply said. "We are here."

we stopped and I looked to my left. It looked like a little cafe. One of the few that was open at this time.

We entered. It was really welcoming.

On my right was a little dance floor, on my left were the tables. The music was romantic. Evening sky from Ailee was played on the backroun and two couple were dancing.

We took a seat and ordered somethink to drink.

"So... talk a bit about her. Why didn't you go there and confess?" I asked. Even if it hurted,I wanted to know. She looked at me while sipping her drink.

"Don't tell me that you're afraid?! Park Hyomin is afraid to be rejected." I said faking me amused to teas her. She coughed her drink and I patted her back to help her.

"Yaah! It's not like that... okay, maybe a bit. I wanted to get drunk and then confess. But it isn't romantic at all right? In a disco then. It's all wrong." she sighed

I sighed too, leaning my back on the chair. Who could it be? Who took Hyomin's heart?

I was thinking and sipped  my drink.

"Oh! I love this song." the girl in front of me said and stood up. I looked at her.

Stay with me was playing on the backround. Also I love this song.

"Let's dance." she offered me her hand. I looked at her a bit confused. Dancing in front of all? No way!

I shooked my head in sign of no.

"come on! Don' worry about the other people." she said like she could read my mind, taking my hand.

It hurted so much.. why can't you be mine Hyomin.

I gave in and we walked to the dance floor. I looked around and no other was also there to dance expect us.

I took her by the waist and she put her arms around my neck. We began to dance slowly.

Hyomin smiled at me and tightened the grip. I put my head on her shoulder and I couldn't take my tears back anymore.

I loved her so much. I loved her like  nothing else.

Why couldn't she see it.

I heard her taking a deep before speaking. It was a whisper but her lips were so near my ear that I could hear her clearly.

 

"Jiyeon.."

"mh?" I hummed not in the state to speak.

"I'm glad to have you in my life."

"me too."

"But honestly... I'm afraid." i frowned at her words.

"what are you talking about?" i lifted my head, knowing that my tears were already dried away.

"I'm afraid to confess. I'm afraid to lose the person I love with all my heart... I'm afraid to lose you after today." Hyomin looked into my eyes. "I...I love you... Jiyeon."

The song ended and we stood there.

Silence.

I was too shocked and confused by her words that I even could speak.

"say something..." Hyomin whispered, furrowing her brows in fear.

"I-.. are you being serious now?" I asked, afraid that this was just a joke.

"No... I'm serious." Her voice trembled a bit and it was hard for her to look at me.

I felt like flying at her words and my lips curved upwards.

Never was I this happy.

"Pabo.. I love you too." I confessed.

She looked at me and a tear escaped her eyes. Hyomin embranced me tightly and a second later our faces were so near that our nose touched.

I wax in heaven right?

Yes, I was in heaven and Hyomin was my angel.

Our lips met in this beautiful kiss that I dreamed every night.

 

 

 

END.

hope you liked it readers. Leave a comment if you like. sorry for any mistake. ♡

Love minyeon. ♡♡♡♡