008

Girls Over Flowers

008

 

Amber Got home to an empty house that afternoon, it was something she'd gotten used to the last few year but she still didn't like it. Himchan seemed to be distracted since their talk, she would probably question it but she was a bit sidetracked herself by a certain curly haired boy. Excepting his friend into the pack seemed like a good move, Chansik had looked so proud of her so point to her! Down side is they'd have to hang around his desperate little friend, she figured it was a small inconvenience considering how much she wanted Chansik around.

 

She stepped into her workout room, dug into her bag and pulled out her phone and ear buds. She found a nice work out playlist and went through her stretches then started her workout. She was about an hour in when Himchan walked in looking as though he'd seen a ghost. Putting her music on pause and stepping off her treadmill she questioned, “You ok oppa?”

 

It seemed to occur to him that she was talking to him so he shook himself out of whatever it was he was in and gave a little smile, “Hey baby sister, working hard I see.”

 

she wiped sweat from her forehead and raised an eyebrow at him, “Yeah, whats up?”

 

Himchan pulled her into a bear hug, squeezing the air right out of her before letting her go, “I'm going to have go home soon Amber.”

 

She'd known it would be happening soon but she didn't want it to, though she found it wasn't nearly as heartbreaking as the last time- perhaps she was getting colder, that or the promise that she wouldn't be alone gave her hope, “You just got here.” she said sadly and pulled him into a hug as well, “I don't like when you leave.”

 

“I know Amber... but I can't run from my responsibilities...”

 

She buried her face in his shirt pretended he was just going on a weekend retreat, he'd be back Monday and he'd be there to give her advice and make her feel like she was wanted and loved. It made it worse though and she found tightening, “when?”

 

“I've got a plane ticket to Kwangju for Saturday morning, I figured we could have a nice dinner tomorrow with Chansik before I go, would you want to do that?”

 

She accepted that she didn't have much of a chance in Himchan changing his mind so she nodded her head, “I'll ask him if he's busy.”

 

-

 

Chansik walked away from the toy store feeling wore out and sore, the night sleeping in an elevator then going to school and work right after was killing his back. He decided when he got home he'd take a relaxing break from school work and life and just sleep. Tomorrow was Friday anyways, his teachers wouldn't care to much if he slacked off a little especially now that he was “friends” with Amber... was it bad he was already excepting the perks of being connected to her?

 

He got to his apartment at around eight thirty expecting his family to be doing the things they normally do this time of night- Eunsol working on her school work, mom watching her current favorite tv drama and dad working out but he found when he opened the door all three of them bustling around the apartment with Amber at the center. She was at the couch talking animatedly with Eunsol while mom and dad kept bringing food and drinks to her that she'd turn down.

 

“um?”

 

“Chansik, son, Amber here was telling us about how you saved her life last night!” Mom gushed and pulled him into a hug, whispering, “Amber! You were out with Amber! You wonderful boy!” he stepped out of her grasp and blushed.

 

“Whatcha doing here Amber?” he questioned as he walked over to her, noticing right off the way his little sister seemed to idolize the young heiress.

 

“I wanted to explain to your parents about last night, how we got stuck and you made sure I didn't get hypothermia- you raised a very good son.” she smiled like a politician towards his parents who melted and blushed at her words.

 

“Ya did good kid, you're ungrounded!” his step dad cheered and slung a large bicep around Chansik's arm.

 

Chansik hadn't been aware he'd been grounded in the first place but he went with it, “Ah, you didn't need to do that, just a call or-”

 

“Nonsense, Amber is always welcome here anytime.” his mom sat down on the couch and couldn't look happier which made him cringe a bit. His parents were good people but money was something they desperately needed, he could see it in their eyes, they looked like they'd just won the lottery.

 

“Unnie lives in a huge mansion like Barbie! I saw it on tv once! Can I come over to unnie's house and swim in her pool?”

 

Amber grinned and leaned towards the little girl, “I also have a free pass to lotte world, we can go there sometime and get on the rides with out waiting in line.” she looked just as excited about the concept as little Eunsol who squealed at the prospect. Part of him worried about whether it was good to introduce her to the life of the rich and famous but he could help thinking how adorable they were, Amber was like a kid.

 

“Are you and my brother dating?”

 

he could see his family leaning in as though this very information was the most important thing ever, “right now we're just really good friend.” ah, Amber the politician struck again, it wasn't what they wanted to here but just enough to give them hope.

 

“Ah, we should get going Amber, we both have school tomorrow so I'll, er, show you out to your limo.”

 

“A limo!” he heard his mother gasp as he pulled Amber out.

 

“Ah, sorry about that.” he said, embarrassed at his family's actions, he was just glad she hadn't met his biological dad, his dad was so desperate for money he probably would have asked for Amber's hand in marriage or something.

 

“Oh, don't be embarrassed, Your house might be the size of my bathroom but it's... quaint.” he wanted to respond with an insult but she didn't look hostile, if anything she looked at peace after her visit to his home. Through out the time he'd known her she'd always reminded him of a feral cat, the look in her eyes usually had this wild touch to it but right now she looked as though she couldn't be happier.

 

“Eunsol's gonna make sure you hold up to your promise, you know that right?”

 

Amber grinned and nodded eagerly, “I haven't gone on a roller coaster in so long! We'll need to set up a date quickly!” she froze and blushed, looking towards him.

 

He laughed and nodded, “we'll have to plan something.” Amber relaxed, hesitating infront of her limo as though she didn't want their time together to end, “Is there something you needed to ask me Amber?”

 

biting her lip, she turned away from her car to him and forced a smile, “My brother will be flying back to Kwangju this Saturday, he wants to have a nice dinner just the three of us... W-would you want to?” her eyes darted to the ground and her nervousness practically hung on her shoulders.

 

“I can call my boss tonight and request a vacation day, it shouldn't be a problem.” her eyes met his and for that moment he held his breath, he'd thought she'd looked happy before but now he knew what real joy looked like on her face, she was so happy tears were collecting on the corners of her eyes.

 

“Promise?” she asked timidly.

 

He nodded in shock, “Of course.” he let out an “Oaf.” as she barreled into him, her arms pulling him into a firm hug he had trouble believing someone as tiny as her could do. Taking a moment to get his balance back he wrapped his arms around her and smiled, staying like that for a while. She'd opened up so much in the short time her bother had been here, she must be really close to him and now to have him leave it must be pretty difficult.

 

-

 

Walking through the hallway leading to her room Amber noticed her brother's door open and lights dimly lit. Curious she peeked inside and found him curled around a bottle of wine staring off into the distance, “Oppa?” he wasn't a big drinker, though he held better then her, the bottle in his hand looked almost empty though.

 

Himchan looked towards her slowly, his eyes drooping, “Hey kid.”

 

“You staying up? Need a drinking buddy?” she joked as she sat down on his couch and gently pulled the bottle from his hands and set it next to the discarded wine glass that didn't look as though he'd even used.

 

“you're to young to drink.” he grumbled and layed his head down ontop her lap.

 

Amber combed her fingers through his hair and nodded, “And I'm apparently a light weight, at least that's what Vic unnie told me.” she hummed softly for a while, waiting for him to tell her what's upset him. She could make plenty of assumptions, though one nagged at her- it was getting closer and close to the anniversary of Hyosung's death, “Can't you wait a few weeks to go back? Just until after the new year?” it was a stretch but she had to ask, maybe a few weeks would help both of them, that or prolong the inevitable.

 

“No, it's better I'm gone as soon as possible... Dad said he'd be home in January and I'd rather not cross his path.” Amber nodded, finger's curled up in his hair. She was being selfish expecting him to stay, expecting him to face their dad when he'd pretty much been sold off to the highest bidder so soon after Hyosung's passing. She remembered the wedding, she remembered seeing Himchan's fake smile and Hyorin's beautiful gown, weddings should be a wonderful event but it was such a depressing hopeless day that Amber tried desperately to forget it but her big brother's unhappiness always won out.

 

“I love you oppa... I hate when you suffer.” she whispered, tears falling onto his face. He was asleep now, his breathing was calm, she should leave but she stay a while longer, sobbing a bit over Himchan, the boy who used to be the one looking after her.

 

She ended up leaving a few hours later and fell asleep in her own bed, waking up insanely early the next morning. Feeling like the world was at her feet and got ready for school while humming cheerful tunes. The day with Chansik had her own cloud nine, she'd show him just how well mannered and nice she really was! After slipping her feet into her nice flats she brushed her hands along her shirt, blushing at the prim and properness of it all, then shook her head- she needed to be on her best behavior today!

 

“Miss Liu it's time to- oh, good morning miss, would you like your breakfast now or the usual time?” Asked one of her maids, she wasn't sure the name of the girl who peeked into her room. She must be new, most of the maids didn't dare wake her up. One of the older maids squeaked as she passed, grabbing the young girl by the shoulders roughly.

 

“So sorry Miss Liu, Amy's new and doesn't know the rules, she's-”

 

“I'll be down for breakfast in a moment, thank you for taking the time to wake me up.” it occurred to her she probably would have fired her but right now she didn't mind and it was nice of her, that and after looking at her reflection she knew she needed some feminine advice “Amy is it? American?”

 

“y-yes miss...” she looked more frightened of the head maid then anyone had been of her, Amy must not know what the heiress was capable of which was another point to her, it would be better to work with someone who wasn't terrified of her.

 

“ah, that will be all Mrs. Shin, I'd like for Amy to stay for a bit to help me get ready for school.” the shocked head maid hesitated before scurrying off, probably to gossip with the other staff members, “Come in Amy and close the door.”

 

Amy, still looking frightened nodded and did as she was told, “the other's told me to miss Liu, I-I never would have if I'd known... er, I think the other's want me fired...”

 

“think nothing of it, though what you do here will need to remain a secret alright.” Amber nervously looked towards her mirror and blushed.

 

“O-of course Miss Liu, what is it you need help with.” Looking at Amy with her desirable figure and perfect makeup Amber suspected she knew exactly what she was doing when it came to girly things. It was to embarrassing to ask any of the f4 so what options did she have but a maid?

 

“C-can you help me? I-I'm trying to look nice for a boy.” god she felt stupid.

 

Amy perked up and moved in, “we have a very short time but I think I can help you put something together Miss Liu.”

 

“Amber... you can call me Amber, we're both Americans after all.” she hadn't spoken in English in a while but she hadn't lost her natural accent.

 

Amy beamed, “I haven't met anyone who speaks English here yet!” she was letting down her walls completely and turned towards Amber's closet where she looked through the clothes her mom sends her, “I know it's not name brand but I have a couple outfits that would look nice on you, these in here are a bit to frilly.”

 

“Right? And they wonder why I settle for Himchan's clothes.” she laughed, beginning to relax a bit infront of her maid.

 

“I'll just run down at grab a few things from my room and be right back!”

 

-

 

Chansik woke feeling well rested though still a bit sore. He sat up in his bed and stretched, taking in a big lung full of air then let out a yelp at the sight of his family who were staring at him from his door, “yah, what's with you guys.”

 

his mom teared up dramatically, “My son, I'm so proud of you.”

 

his step dad grinned and wrapped an arm around his wife, “We raised a good boy- no, our little Chansik is a man! You might not throw a punch very well but you're truly a man my son.”

 

“eh?”

 

“When you and Amber unnie get married I'm gonna baby sit your kids oppa!” Eunsol squealed excitedly as she jumped onto his bed and bounced.

 

“...Married? Who said anything about us getting married!”

 

“Oh stop being so bashful about it, we saw you two last night! You're having dinner at her mansion, you're pretty much in!” his step dad's boisterous laugh was coupled with his mother's tears of joy.

 

Chansik rolled his eyes and rolled out of bed, “Out, I'm getting ready for school.” He was out the door and at his school an hour later feeling nervous about the day ahead. Was Minah really going to school? How would the kids treat her? How would Amber treat her? He was pretty sure Amber didn't care one bit about Minah but she'd promised to protect her, would Amber hold up to her promise or would Minah yet again fear going to school.

 

He was so caught up in his thoughts he didn't notice the girl infront of him until they bumped into one another, “eh, sorry, I'm a bit... Amber?” he stared in wonder at her long flowing black hair, her rosy lips and pink tinted cheeks and the skillful cats eye that made her eyes look smoldering. It couldn't be Amber, Amber wouldn't wear such skin tight clothing that hugged everything, Amber was beautiful in her own way but this girl, she was Amber in a different dimension.

 

“Good morning... Chansik...” Ah, it was Amber after all, she was tapping her fingers on her skinny jean encased thigh nervously, it was a tick he was beginning to look for it occurred to him.

 

“You look nice.” He smiled and jumped when he heard squeals from their classmates. Rolling his eyes he looked towards the onlookers, mostly girls, who looked as though they were watching a drama. Did these people ever mind their own business?

 

“You really think so?” Amber spoke up, apparently she didn't noticed the crowd that was growing, that or she was so used to being one of the school's celebrities that she'd learned to ignore them.

 

Turning back towards her, he nodded, “You always look nice.” there was an outbreak of gasps and squeals and some of the audience even clapped. These kids needed to get lives, smiling and shaking his head he looked back to Amber and froze, the wind had blown what looked to be her wig sideways, that would explain her long hair, “How about we go inside noona, you must be cold.”

 

She looked disappointed but nodded, walking with him to the school with the crowd following close behind. He stepped up to the door and held it open for her and at that moment the wind decided to send a very large gust of wind at Amber knocking the wig completely off, the poor hair piece fell to the ground into a puddle, “oh !” Amber blushed bright red and leaned down to pick it up, not taking in account the crowd behind her who began taking pictures of her backside. She shot back up and turned towards the crowd, the tiger she'd been holding back tearing it's way out.

 

Not wanting to see her take on the entire school who shrunk back from her even when they out numbered her, Chansik bent down, picked up the wigs for Amber and placed a hand on her should, “Come on Amber, let's go.”she glared towards him then her expression softened, her face got even redder, “Can I walk you to class?”

 

Nodding, Amber turned away from the crowd and walked with him towards her classroom. She was quiet, walking as though she felt guilty the entire time until they reached her classroom, “I look so stupid...” she grumbled.

 

Chansik laughed, “If this is what you look like when you're stupid I don't know how anyone in your class will be able to focus when you look smart.”

 

she melted slightly and smiled, “Do you really think I look nice?”

 

He handed her the wig and nodded, “I think you could pull off looking nice in a paper bag really, the wig's not needed anyways, it makes you look almost to pretty.” ah he was turning into such a sap.

 

“blah, your flirting is so gross Gongchan.” Vic chuckled as she walked by them and patted Chansik's head, “oh wow, Amber, you look like a girl today.”

 

Amber blushed, “Yah, shut it...”

 

“I don't know what you're talking about noona, Amber always looks like a girl.” Chansik smiled and stepped away from Victoria and Amber, taking note that Amber seemed to really like his comment, “I need to get to class, see you later?”

 

Amber seemed unable to speak so Victoria spoke up, “of course, see you at lunch Romeo.” she chuckled and pulled the still bashful Amber into the classroom. As he walked to his class many of his school mates cheered and clapped at him, some going so far as to ask him to even hang out which he laughed it off and said if he wasn't busy. It was so weird, after a year and a few months with these kids, pretty much being ignore then hated now to being loved? He'd been pretty popular in elementary and highschool, he'd never been without friends in his old schools but here it'd seemed so much easier to be ignored, when he was hated he was treated like an insect you just had to swat and now that he was loved (maybe...) he couldn't get a moment alone. Was he complaining? Nah, he'd kinda missed having friends and watching the f4 treat others bad while he kept silent had never set well for him, so even though he had to deal with his fifteen minutes of fame he didn't regret befriending Amber.

 

Chansik arrived at his class safely (only one girl seemed to want to tear off a piece of him for a souvenir, some other classmates helped out though) and looked towards Luna's seat feeling instantly disheartened at her empty seat. He'd hoped she'd be here today considering Minah was here, Luna was the nicest of f4 so having her there would have been reassuring.

 

“Chansik!” he looked over at his old seat and found Minah in hers and smiled.

 

Sitting down next to her he sighed, “has everyone been treating you well?” he made a quick look around at their classmates and found a mix, some were staring at them while others refused to look, a few even looked friendly.

 

“No one's talked to me except Wonsik oppa and Vic Unnie,” some of the class perked up at Victoria's name, anyone who Victoria talked to had to be someone special, “otherwise it's been-”

 

“Minah! Look everyone our good friend Minah is back in class!” Haneul gushed as she and her groupies swarmed around them, “We've been so worried about you Minah-ssi, after Amber unnie hurt you so badly we-”

 

“I'm sorry, who are you again? I don't normally talk to girls like you.” Minah snapped, glaring at Haneul who gasped along with her friends. Ha, go Minah!

 

“W-what?”

 

“You force my best friend to date you then dump him then have the nerve to try to talk to me simply because I might have connections to Victoria unnie? You're even stupider then you were when we were kids Haneul.”

 

“I won't take this, you're so pathetic you-”

 

“Miss Choi, class would like to start so please be seated.”

 

She looked as though she wanted to say more but instead stomped off with her friends to the other side of the classroom. Chansik grinned at Minah and patted her back, “that was the coolest thing I've ever seen Min.”

 

She blushed and shook her head, “Wonsik Oppa's been helping me be more assertive, he says I shouldn't take like that from people.” she timidly played with her pencil, “Was it really cool? I thought I'd kinda gone a little overboard.”

 

“No you were great, girls like Haneul don't matter.” he chuckled and looked back towards the teacher who'd started their lesson. Maybe that Wonsik guy wasn't so bad, he was helping Minah stand up for herself and that was a good thing... perhaps his gut wasn't right after all, maybe he just needed to get to know the guy more and it would be nice to hang out with another guy at school again, he seemed to only talk to girls here.

 

At lunch they stopped by Wonsik's class before heading towards the lunchroom, the boy in question seemed to be the life the classroom, a few of his male classmates were all around him joking and grinning. Wonsik was a completely different person then yesterday, he looked relaxed and like someone Chansik would have hung out with often, “After that we went to Amsterdam where I swear to you they know how to party there, I woke up on a boat half with a tattoo on my wrist which I to this day don't remember getting, see, that's when my folks decided to send me back here, figured I'd have less a chance of getting more surprise ink here then in Amsterdam.”

 

“What's it even supposed to be?”

 

“I think it's supposed to be a flower or something- oh, hey Min.” Wonsik smiled brightly at Minah then smiled at Chansik as well, “we heading over to the lunch room already?” Yeah, this guy had to be a different person, he was nothing like the kid Chansik had met yesterday.

 

“Um yeah, you ready?” Minah looked nervously towards the other boys in Wonsik class who were eyeing her in a way that made Chansik feel uneasy. It was strange, most people before hadn't paid Minah much attention but now it felt like she was pray, especially to these boys. He tried to think back to when they were in class, had their male classmates looked at her the same way? Either way Chansik took a step closer to her, hoping they got it that he was protecting her even if it meant going through this entire class.

 

“Yep, see you guys after lunch, I'm gonna go sit with my girl and her F4 buddies.” he grinned at their cheers as he walked to them and when he reach them he patted Chansik on the back rather roughly, “Lead the way Chansikkie.”

 

“yeah...” he made sure Minah was walking beside him and headed out, taking one last look into the classroom at Wonsik's classmates who were still smiling at them. He didn't understand why Wonsik and his class put him on edge but he couldn't help feeling something in his gut that screamed at him that something was up.

 

-

 

Victoria didn't like their turn out. Krystal was chasing Kyuhyun in France, Luna wouldn't answer her ing phone and Amber was hopelessly entranced by the scholarship student- then again, she rather liked Chansik, he was bringing out Amber's good side, something Victoria had been missing for the past few years. She didn't quite get the idea of a committed relationship, really she couldn't handle the idea of being held down so early in life, but the other girls were clearly different.

 

Krystal's only ever had eyes for Kyuhyun who Victoria probably would have gotten with years ago if she didn't strongly believe in holes before poles. Luna's been stuck on Himchan since kindergarden though until recently she'd refused to acknowledge it- cutie Sunyoung thought no one noticed but Vic umma saw all, that and because Victoria looked through Luna's text messages, they were totally getting together. Then there was Amber, adorable innocent Amber who needed to be protected from the harsh reality that was and men... or Women, Victoria didn't judge, Chansik was fairly pretty. She didn't quite get why her best friends were so obsessed with ending the game, to Victoria love and marriage only led to the end credits so why end it now!

 

Maybe it was because her own parents married young and pushed the idea of settling down on her so often. It seemed liked every other week a new young suitor in a three piece was eating over at their house, she'd complain but she was perfectly capable of handling it. Her parents were running out of men, Victoria was sure of it because recently they'd started bringing in more then just Chinese business men, though they didn't go further then Asian, Victoria was giddy for the day when Asia ran out of eligible men and her parents would have to put aside their prejudice, wouldn't that be fun! Either way she tackled the suitor business with ease by incorporating different methods, most recently she convinced her parents new guy that she was against as a whole, poor kid fled before dessert which was incredible by the way, the cooks really knew what they were doing.

 

“What do you think Chansik's friends will like, Vic unnie?” Amber hummed while thumbing through the menu, their waitress stood by looking nervous.

 

“Something spicy.” Victoria said back, peering towards Amber who chewed on her red lips. It was strange to see her all dolled up, she was pretty sure Amber didn't know the first thing about putting on makeup so she had to have had help but why hadn't she gone to them? In the nine years she'd known Amber she hadn't seen this much makeup on her, it was almost alarming. That Gong Chansik must really be something, maybe it was about time she got serious about learning more about this kid, Amber will need her and the other girl's help when her dad learns about Chansik.

 

Amber looked up from her menu, the cats eyes makeup making her eyes huge, “You know what kind of food she likes? How often do you see her?” was that jealousy? Victoria held back her laughter, Amber was so cute, it was like she was accusing her of cheating on her.

 

“She's been to quite a few of my family auctions and our families or associates, she seems to favor spicy food.” she shrugged and waved Amber off, “I don't know anything about her boyfriend though, his name sound familiar but his face doesn't, I'm sure if Krystal was here she'd know exactly who he is.”

 

“I've never heard of him either, I'll just order the curry for both of them, hmm, and for Chansik,” she blushed as though this were some kind of intimate action, Victoria couldn't get enough of it, “steak and lobster... and a cake, a big strawberry cake with extra strawberries and-”

 

“Change that to a small cake please, we won't be eating all of that.” Victoria rolled her eyes.

 

“no, a big one so Chansik can bring some home for his family, strawberry is Eunsol's favorite.” Amber gave a pleading look towards Victoria who sighed and nodded towards the waitress.

 

“A-and you guys?” the waitress shook as she wrote on her paper.

 

“Salad please.”

 

“Hamburger.” Amber folded the menu and handed it to the waitress, her bright smile scaring the waitress away.

 

“Sorry, are we late?” Amber's head shot towards Chansik and his friends, the cute little llama looked frozen at the sight of him.

 

“No, no, we ordered for you, sit, sit, let's get to know each other a little better.” she smiled and pulled Minah into the seat inbetween her and Amber and motioned for Chansik to sit next to Amber who seemed to not know how to function while so close to Chansik. Wonsik sat at the farthest seat away from Amber and kept quiet, why did he seem so familiar, she swore she'd heard that name before... either way, she'd worry about that later, she had a mission that was to make sure Chansik felt reassured that Minah was safe. Turning to the young girl Victoria smiled brightly and held Minah's hands in hers, “So how was your day? Was everyone nice?” she put on her most charming face.

 

Blushing Minah nodded, “It was like you said this morning unnie, I had nothing to be nervous about, thank you so much.”

 

“Wonderful, and remember, this weekend I'll be giving you privet art lessons, you'll be so good by the time I'm done with you your mother will be coming to you for advice.” She was rather excited about the lesson's actually, she didn't care much for Minah's mother's art so helping this kid surpass her mother was something she could get behind.

 

Minah nodded eagerly, “Thank you so much unnie, I can't wait!” Minah squeaked and blushed bright red. Heh, she was kind of adorable too.

 

“privet art lessons?” Amber spoke up, Victoria grinned at her jealous friend, she really didn't like sharing.

 

“Yes, who better to give a young artist lessons then a fellow artist who knows what buyers are looking for. It's only natural Amber, Minah's one of us right?” she chuckled as she swung an arm around Minah who looked as though she were in heaven.

 

“But why a privet lesson, what if I want to learn how to paint.” Victoria raised an eyebrow and nodded towards Chansik who was watching the exchange. The cogs in Amber's head finally clicked, “I mean it would be fun, a nice little girls only class together.” heh, that little cutie.

 

“only if it's alright with our new friend Minah, I promised a privet lesson.” she looked down at Minah who looked so confused as she nodded, “Perfect! We'll meet at my apartment then this Sunday at nine!” their food finally arrived so they began to eat, all the while Victoria paid special attention to Minah so Amber could focus on Chansik though sadly the dimwitted llama couldn't hide her jealousy towards Minah whether it was Victoria or Chansik who paid attention to her, she was bound and determined to dig her own grave, Victoria couldn't help chuckling at Amber's cute actions.

 

When school was over she headed straight to Luna's, barging into the gold diggers room without knocking. She found her friend siting huddled infront of her window looking dramatically out as though the world were ending, “What do I owe the pleasure of your presence, Victoria unnie?” her longing eyes looked out towards the city and a dark cloud hung threatening over the girls head.

 

Grinning a dangerous grin, Victoria pounced and wrestled Luna down against her window, “Yay, what's the big deal huh? Your phone's not broken is it?”

 

“Yay, unnie, stop, and watch were you put your hands, I don't swing that way.” she giggled as Victoria tickled her sides and front.

 

“yeah you won't be swinging anywhere if you ignore Vic umma!” she cheered and pulled Luna close, their lips nearly touching, “and please, whether you're straight or not we all know you could never say no to me.” she plant a wet peck on Luna's check, the girl in question quickly wiped away the spit.

 

“Yuck, how can you be beating me with that kind of game, no one would ever get by that.” Luna scoffed and pulled away, crossing her arms over her chest.

 

Victoria grinned, “You want me to show you?”

 

“Yuck!”

 

Victoria laughed and leaned away, “you protest to much Sunyoung, I know for a fact you stare at me all the time.”

 

“only because I'm trying to figure out what people see in you!” Luna rolled her eyes and stood up, “What do you want unnie.” apparently Luna wasn't in a good mood, she normally played along, Victoria felt more worried for her friend.

 

“You missed everything, Chansik and Amber decided to elope and Minah and I got it on at the reception, it was beautiful by the way, Amber was all dressed up in a suit while Chansik wore a pretty dress, they'll be expecting their first kid in march! We'll be aunts!” Victoria was taken aback by Luna's glare, something bad must have really happened, “heh, just kidding... you feeling alright Sun?”

 

Luna glared at the ground and shook her head, “Himchan and I have been having an affair unnie, I ended it last night and I really hate that I did but then, I'm glad... now, now I can date whoever the hell I want and that stupid boy can't complain, I'm a free kitten on the prowl.” she didn't look very convincing.

 

“how long did you cry dear?”

 

Luna paused, “I ran out of tears about an hour ago...”

 

Victoria nodded, “well let's skip the rage step and go straight to hydrating and a distraction, we have a mission my sweet Sunyoung.” she patted the seat next to her and smiled when Luna did as she was told, “Amber's not going to give up Chansik dear.”

 

“Oh come on! We all know how this is going to end right? Her dad's not going to-”

 

“yes yes, we know, but Amber's going to make us all go through it anyways,” that seemed to shut Luna up who reluctantly nodded, “we're her friends, sisters really, we have to have her back so we need to look more into this guy, if we're going to go through this we should see if he's worth it.”

 

“What do you have in mind?”

 

“I've been doing a little snooping by myself no thanks to you and have come across actual friends who have known Chansik since he moved here, Amber will have Chansik tonight so we'll gather them up, put on a little charm and have them telling us Chansik's entire life history before dinner, totally our style right?” Victoria grinned and held out her index finger.

 

Luna hesitated before placing her own index finger against Victoria's, “Are we just charming information from them or charming their pants off?”

 

Victoria grinned, “well mine will be off, how about yours?” she laughed at Luna's blank expression, so much for being a free kitten on the prowl, “take your time Sunyoung, there are other ways to get information out of a man.”

 

(An- it occurred to me while rereading the manga that I wasn't playing up the player characters nature enough, so yeah, Victoria might be a bit out of character so I tried to work with it a bit, it's hard because Victoria is generally the classy member in real life so making her a player is just hard -.- I tried though and I kind of find it was fun writing her in this chapter, more inappropriate flirting from Vic umma in the future!

 

Also I had an abscess tooth and was out for a while, I went to the dentist though and they fixed everything up, I feel pretty good now^^)