Final

i am your fool
"Nal bwa geobwa tto du beon bwa!" 

Dahyun raps her line perfectly, flashing a wink at the camera as she does her usual 'V' sign that's actually a part of the choreography. Her eyes are sparkling with mirth and happiness, the tip of her hair its usual pink mixed with a few bright colours. The rush of debuting hasn't quite ended, and every step she takes on stage is more energized than her usual steps, as she makes sure to always have a small spring to her steps. Or, well. It's not like she makes sure, she naturally springs in her steps, a habit she has when she's exhilirated. Debuting is way over her sense of exhiliration.

The stage finishes a few minutes later and their fans cheer like crazy, and when she glances at the other girls, they all look as happy as she is. And Jihyo still looks like she can't believe this isn't a dream, which makes Dahyun feel both happy and a little sad, but she's glad her friend (and the leader of her group) has finally achieved her dream.

"What's next on our schedule?" Nayeon asks, a few moments after taking a long sip from her water bottle. They're backstage now, and while most of the girls are gathered together in a small circle, Tzuyu and Sana are behind the stage, peeking to look at the current performance - some group named Seventeen or something? - giggling to each other like schoolgirls (which, technically, they kind of are - or at least Tzuyu is, anyway). 

It's Jihyo who answers. "None, I think we're free for the night!" The girls squeal at this, and Dahyun highfives Jungyeon who's standing next to her. It's not like they're not grateful for debuting and already having packed schedules, definitely not, but she's glad to have a small break for today. The other girls probably are, too. 

Chaeyeon and Momo head to their dressing room and instead of lingering behind like the others, Dahyun follows after them, eager to reach her phone in her purse in their dressing room. "How do you think we did earlier?" Momo asks as the walk, sounding lighthearted, but Dahyun can feel the anxiety and nervousness behind the question. 

"Better than yesterday, that's for sure." Chaeyeon is the one who says this, and the curves of her lips turn into a grin. It's contagious, and Dahyun can't help but smile along. 

"We'll always improve to make sure our next stages are better than the last," Dahyun adds, trying to encourage the Japanese dancing goddess (well, technically not a goddess, but that's how Dahyun sees her, so). "And one day we'll be so good the people who say we're talentless will eat their own words!" 

They laugh, and Dahyun's happy to have cheered them up. It's not like they don't read the comments online.

When they reach their dressing room, the room's left in the same condition as it was when the girls left for the stage, and Dahyun's bag is still located in the couch. She searches for her phone inside, and the two other girls do their own things. Twice's dressing room isn't all that messy, and the girls themselves have their things organized to make it easier when they're getting their things. Jihyo doesn't like it when they're almost late to their schedules, and searching for scattered items make them take longer than the time it would if they had their things in order - hence, the organized room. 

(It also makes for some good anecdotes from the cleaning service).

She opens the web browser on her phone and opens Naver, only hesitating for a milisecond before typing in her name and clicking search. 

A moment later, the search results show the newest article, an article about the possible 'Next Suzy', with her face in the thumbnail. Frowning, she clicks on it, expecting the comments to be mocking her or asking who she is.

She's kind of surprised.

[+185, -30] Our Dubu!!! Please take care of her and watch over her with a kind smile! [eagledance.gif]

The commenter leaves a gif from her viral video and she smiles, seeing the amount of upvotes compared to the downvotes.

[+150, -45] She's not as pretty as Suzy but she's charming, kind of like Sohee...
[+144, -15] Her visuals are so unique and fresh!!


Most of the comments are positive, but there's also a negative one, and it's kind of sad how Dahyun just glances at it and shrugs it off, because it's pretty mild compares to the things she's been called during the Sixteen show.

[+80, -95] Who is she? Suzy is too pretty to be compared to her, she's practically a dead squid next to Suzy... Too many girlgroups these days

"Oh my god! Did you see their smiles? They're so cute!" A sudden squeal interrups her train of thought, and Dahyun looks up to see Sana and Tzuyu entering the dressing room, their cheeks flushed with tinges of red (Tzuyu's looking milder than Sana's), and Sana jumping around like a happy fangirl. "I think one of them winked at me in the end!"

"They were cute," Tzuyu quietly admits, and Dahyun coos inside at how precious the maknae is.

"Talking about that Seventeen group?" Dahyun asks, a mischievous grin on her lips. Sana's eyes brighten at the name of the group and she jumps towards Dahyun, giggling and squealing madly.

"Yes! They're so cute, Dahyun." Sana sighs dreamily, and she sits down next to Dahyun, still giggling and squealing. Dahyun laughs.

"I should look them up then!" The girl with the pink-tipped hair grins brightly, and Sana nods furiously, probably wanting to have a friend to gush with. Dahyun kind of doubts she's going to get super into the group, because lately, her tastes have been more into girl groups and female soloists rather than male idols. Who knows, though?


 
/ / /


It seems like almost everyone in his group is obsessed with this new JYP girlgroup, Seungcheol thinks with mild amusement when he sees them grouped together at the dorm's computer, all of them watching the music video intently, Hoshi trying to do the dance (and kind of making it look manlier than it should) in the back. Seungkwan's the loudest out of all of them, always exclaiming whenever a new girl pops up on the screen about how pretty she is. By this point, Seungcheol thinks he's fallen in love with pretty much everyone by now.

"You're not joining them?" The question comes from Woozi, who's on his own laptop and creating a composition, sitting next to him on the couch. Even though Woozi's asking him, Woozi's eyes are still on his laptop screen and three-quarters of his attention are still at the upcoming composition. It's just Woozi, though. It doesn't mean he cares less about Seungcheol, and he acknowledges that.

"Came a little late to the party." Seungcheol laughs, and it gains a snort of amusement from the pink-haired group composer.

"I'm stuck with a bunch of fanboys."
"Like you're not any worse with your fanboy admiration for Verbal Jint."
"That was one time."

When the video seemingly ends, the boys scatter to their own places again, and Seungkwan's left gaping at the screen. Seungcheol approaches him and hits his shoulder lightly, only to bring him back to life.

"Earth to Seungkwan. Hello?"

"Hyung," Seungkwan says, looking at Seungcheol as if he's just been given everything he could've asked for. "They're so pretty. I'm going to join their fanclub."

"You go do that. Try to not get caught, alright?" Seungkwan nods obediently as he immediately starts searching for the group's official fanclub, and Seungcheol's left shaking his head at the younger, but still stands behind him anyway like an awkward dad watching over his teenaged son because there's pretty much nothing to do. The group doesn't have any schedules for today and they're going to begin the fourth week of promoting Mansae soon. They haven't won anything, but he thinks they've gained a lot more recognition and more fans, so he doesn't mind. They could always win next time, after all.

A picture of the group loads on the screen, and Seungcheol finds himself staring at one of the girls in the back rows, a girl with... pink tips? But not like how Irene of Red Velvet had pink tips once, her pink tips were more spread out and Seungcheol has to admit, it makes her look good. "Who's that one?" He asks, pointing at the girl who caught his interest.

"That one?" Seungkwan squints at the picture, before nodding. "Oh! That's Kim Dahyun, she's one of the rappers. Do you know that eagle noona dance video?" Seungcheol nods, though he's not really sure where Seungkwan's going with this. "She's the girl in the video!"

"You're ting me."
"I'm serious."
"She's the girl in the eagle dance video?"

Now that he's heard about that though, when Seungcheol pays more attention to her face, she does look a lot like the girl in the viral 'bassae' video. "I think she's one of the more popular members. Some people are even saying she has potential to be the next 'It' girl!"

Usually, Seungcheol would scoff at these kinds of statements, probably saying how it's hard to make it big like other idols did back in the day. But seeing her unique features, viral past, and cheerful smile, it's hard for him to scoff at the possibility.

"Do you want me to sign you up for her fansite?"

When he splutters in indignation, a dark shade of pink adorning his cheeks, Seungkwan is already cackling like a mad hyena. "That's enough internet for today," Seungcheol says, and he makes a grab for the mouse, but Seungkwan clutches it and holds on to it protectively. 

"Oh come on!"


 
/ / /



He knows her as one of the potential it girls in the future, and she knows him as the leader of a group that's actually gaining fame and success despite being under a "failed" company. First meetings aren't supposed to be this awkward.

It begins backstage, and Twice and Seventeen are both in the same room, waiting for their practice stages to start. They don't interact much. Seungkwan keeps staring at the girls like a fanboy would, and some of them share awkward smiles and small waves at each other, but there isn't really a lot of talking involved. Sana is quietly staring at them from a far, a huge grin threatening to break out at any moment. Dahyun stands next to her, trying to keep the Japanese girl in check every few seconds. 

Just because they don't interact outside the groups that much, though, doesn't mean the backstage's still noisy with the commotion of them talking with their groupmates. Nayeon is huddled with Jungyeon, the two of them talking animatedly about some things Dahyun doesn't even understand. Momo is engrossed in a deep conversation with Mina - in Japanese. The rest of the girls are either doing their own thing or just talking to each other, and Dahyun's dying to do the eagle dance because her conversation with Chaeyoung is turning dull. It's not really her fault though, per se, because they're talking about the exact same topic they had in the car, which means it's bound to get dull at some point. She still loves Chaeyoung a lot, though. In a totally platonic way, no sarcasm meant.

On the other side of the room (but one of them's standing next to her, Dahyun observes - she doesn't know his name, though) the Seventeen boys are talking and laughing with each other. She tries to not eavesdrop, because it's rude, but it's hard to not hear what they're saying when they're so near. And also a little far, but at the same time, near. 

"Was the movie any good?" Joshua asks Seungcheol, as the two of them stand facing each other, relaxed and at ease. Seungcheol nods enthusiastically, looking like an excited little kid, it doesn't really help Seungcheol just has young features in general, too. 

"It was cool!" Seungcheol answers, his voice laced with excitement at being able to recall the movie to someone who hasn't heard him talk about it. He's usually not this serious about movies, but then again, the movie was good. So. "There was this really cool fight scene, and it went like this!" Wildly and with little idea of his surroundings, Seungcheol tries to imitate the move he saw last night.

"Ow!"

Joshua is gaping, and gulping down his nervousness - though beads of his sweat still trickle down his forehead and the back of his neck's raised with wary goosebumps - Seungcheol tilts his head back warily. His eyes widen and his mouth shapes an 'o' when he sees what made the noise. 

"I - oh my god - I'm so sorry!" Seungcheol says frantically, bowing a few times in apology to the girl he's hit. He grabs a tissue from nearby and hands it to the girl, and he tries to see if she has any injuries, or any blood. Nothing seems broken, or hurt, but he's not a professional so he doesn't really know if he can judge.

Dahyun feels as if her nose is burning, and her eyes cross, trying to withhold the pain. Twice's practice stage is in a few minutes, and she needs to get her act together, nose hurting or not. 'Take a deep breath,' she intructs herself, only it doesn't really work because taking a deep breath makes her nose hurt a little more. 'Damn it.' 

"I didn't look where I was hitting and I - oh my god, that really looks like it hurts - I'm so sorry," Seungcheol apologizes again, his tone filled with worry and nervousness. He takes a closer look to recognize who he accidentally hit, and his eyes widen even more (if that's possible) when he recognizes the features. It's the same girl who caught his attention - the eagle dance girl.

She's even prettier in person, but he immediately shakes the thought off his head, because checking her out just isn't the right thing to do in this situation.

"Dahyun!" Chaeyoung cries and approaches the girl in question, immediately inspecting her for any injuries before turning her stare to glower at Seungcheol. Seungcheol cringes, because the girl's pretty intimidating. "What did you do to her?"

"I didn't do it on purpose!" He defends weakly, and god damn it, does he really have to mess up in front of the girl who's been lurking on his mind ever since he saw her on the computer? Actually, scratch that. That sentence just makes him sound creepy, he thinks, but then again, the point still stands. He just screwed up big time in front of a girl he's actually interested in. Damn it. He can't believe his lameness right now.

Dahyun feels the pain slowly lessen, and after she's sure the pain's almost fully weakened, she looks at the face of the person who hit her, ready to scold them.

After seeing a gorgeous, handsome face looking at her with so much worry it makes her blush, she finds herself at loss for words instead.

"It's okay," She answers weakly, offering a shy smile at her hitter. Hitter? Is that even the right word? Ugh. Chaeyeon looks at her with an incredulous stare, but Dahyun can't find the energy to tell Chaeyeon to stop staring because the stranger's eyes are so nice to look at and oh my god what is she even thinking. She snaps out of it and coughs, trying to make it less obvious she was checking him out just a few moments earlier.  

"Are you sure?" Seungcheol asks, furrowing his brows. "That must've been really painful. I'm really sorry, I shouldn't have tried to do that. I mean, I didn't do it on purpose!" His tone turns slightly frantic as he shakes his head as if to say 'no, ma'am no!' "It was an accident but it was a really stupid accident and I shouldn't have tried to do any stupid movies in the first place and -"

"Seriously, it's fine!" Dahyun cuts him off with a small smile (though she's not sure if it ends up looking more like a grimace because of the slight pain she still feels). "I mean, don't do it again, obviously, but other than that, this'll get better. I mean. It's not like it's broken or anything! I can still perform."

God, why did she have to blabber? Dahyun sighs at herself in frustration (inwardly, of course).

"Is there anything I could do to make it up to you?" Seungcheol asks nervously, and Dahyun thinks it's kind of cute how he furrows his eyebrows and bites his lower lip unconsciously when he is. Though, in her head, she still dubs him as mystery boy, not knowing his name yet and whatnot. 

"You could treat me to some coffee or something." Dahyun doesn't even know why she's so bold, but she immediately blushes after saying it. "Not saying it's like a date or something, um...?" She trails off at the end of her sentence, not sure how to address him.

"S.Coups."

What a weird name, but then again, it must be a stage name or something. Who would name their kid S.Coups?

"Right! Not saying it'll be like a date or whatever, S.Coups. Just, you know. Coffee." Maybe she should've taken it back instead of re-addressing her statement, because Dahyun blushes even more, and she's pretty sure her cheeks can match her hair dye by now.

Seungcheol isn't really sure how to react. He's still shocked he hasn't messed up any of his chances and Dahyun actually seems remotely interested in him, but in the end, he opts for a lopsided grin. It makes her blush even more, and Seungcheol thinks it's pretty cute. Then again, all this time he's always thought whatever she's done so far is pretty cute, which is totally weird and sounds stalker-ish considering they've only met for a few minutes now, but Seungcheol likes to think maybe this could be a case of 'love at first sight' or something. (He's always been the cheesy one, anyways).

Pulling out a paper from his pocket, he scrawls out his phone number in a signature messy handwriting before handing it over to her, the tips of his ears turning red. "It's my number, if you ever decide for that-"

"Seventeen!"

The stage manager calls them to stage, and the rest of his group is already hurrying, and Seungcheol just gives her a small smile. "I got to go, I'll see you soon. Hopefully!" He adds the last part as he's already running over to the stage, and he looks back. Dahyun's still looking at him, a small smile adorning her lips. 

Maybe it's an awkward meeting, but it's not a shabby beginning.

 

/ / /


A/N: THAT WAS SUCH A LONG WAIT IDEK IF IT WAS WORTH IT HA but hopefully it was yes!!!! I have no idea where I was going with this omg I was just like awkward meeting / meet ugly fic!!! but it's like meet ugly but turn out pretty cute-ly. so idk. i'm just so good at writing fluff (/slapped). I hope you guys liked it and look forward to more Twice x Seventeen fanfics in the future because I can't seem to stop shipping this pairing lol.