Prologue

Please Don't Ignore Me

One month ago…

 

The entertainment was buzzing with excitement. Naturally, it was even crazier at SM Entertainment because Girls’ Generation’s comeback was just around the corner. After the successful return with their song and concept Party, everyone was eager to see the remaining two comebacks that were shown through their teaser. Party was only a warm-up; Lion Heart and You Think were the next steps, already pushing the members of Girls’ Generation beyond their limits to show that they were not weakened by the loss of a member.

Krystal was watching them closely throughout their preparation period, particularly a certain tall and slim member.

Her sunbaes were in the middle of practicing the choreography of Lion Heart as it was discussed it was going to be the main focus of their comeback. Whenever she was at the company building, Krystal quietly watched their multiple practices from outside, making sure she wouldn’t be seen by any of them. It was a strange sight to the people who passed by, but luckily no one really asked any questions. The younger Jung wasn’t sure how she would answer if any one asked why she was lurking outside like this. I wanted to see Sooyoung unnie… I want to talk to her. She smiled bitterly because it wasn’t that simple. It hasn’t been for months.

 

 

Checking her watch, Krystal was on her way to the practice room. Though it wasn’t announced to the public, f(x) was going to return officially as a four-member group. It was almost a surreal feeling as well as somewhat ironic. SNSD sunbaes lost a Jung while f(x) lost a Choi Krystal thought to herself. I ended up losing both… Though both Jessica and Jinri would remain a part of her life, it was strange no longer seeing then as often as she used to. Things change and life goes on, but her life became significantly lonelier whenever she entered the SM building to prepare for f(x)'s comeback. She was still thankful she still had Victoria unnie, Amber, and Luna to support her through her difficult times, they were the main reasons she was still able to keep her head up, but perhaps the real reason for her depression was unrelated to the departure of her sister from the company and Jinri from f(x). 

Just as Krystal turned the corner, she came into an abrupt stop when she almost ran into someone. “I’m sorry, I wasn’t looking where… I was… going…” went suddenly dry and she swore her heart stopped for several seconds when she realized who she bumped into.

It was Choi Sooyoung.

It was clear the older woman was surprised to see her as well, eyes widened as their eyes locked in a gaze. Neither said a word, and while Krystal wanted to speak so desperately, to merely say her unnie’s name, she wanted Sooyoung to go first. But like déjà vu, Sooyoung’s gaze hardened and she looked away from the younger Jung, making a dismissive sound before walking past her, creating her own definition of “giving the cold shoulder”. Krystal could only lower her head, her raven hair covering the pained expression across her face as all she could do was stand there pathetically.

“It hurts, Unnie…” Krystal whispered to herself, biting her lower lip to fight off the tears that were welling in .